Subject: "Ailon Eveekomtrae Died of battle Level 43" Previous topic | Next topic
Printer-friendly copy Email this topic to a friend CF Website
Top General Discussions The Battlefield Topic #30392
Show all folders

Ailon (Guest)Mon 23-Aug-04 11:29 PM

#30392, "Ailon Eveekomtrae Died of battle Level 43"

First I would like to thank everyone, players, immortals, all who ever had contact with Ailon, for helping make him the most fun character I have ever played. I had been playing on and off for a while, and finally felt comfortable enough in my roleplay, to try a character that needed empowerment. Never did I imagine that he would one day have a last name, a tattoo, and so many friends! Even the pesky Imperials that ultimatly caused his demise, were, when played by a skilled RPer, fun to deal with. Most of all I would like to thank Amaranthe, Cadothu, Raja, Tjok, Manden, All of Ailons students, Ogrets (damnable lovable Orc) Oh there are so many, I know I cannot list them all, the Heralds, Xalli, Chornek Tumbletounge, and everyone else, you know who you are, that helped make my time as Ailon so enjoyable. I am sure I will return with a new character soon, but I want to take some time to have a good idea of what I want him to be before I roll him. I hope I can have as much fun with the next. So until the next life, fair well!

Alert | IP Printer Friendly copy | Reply | Reply with quote | Top

Reply RE: Ailon Eveekomtrae Died of battle Level 43, Dark Priest, 25-Aug-04 02:07 AM, #26
Reply RE: Ailon Eveekomtrae Died of battle Level 43, CrazyGoals, 25-Aug-04 03:49 AM, #27
Reply RE: Ailon Eveekomtrae Died of battle Level 43, Jaded Ranger, 24-Aug-04 04:00 PM, #23
Reply RE: Ailon Eveekomtrae Died of battle Level 43, ailon (Guest), 24-Aug-04 05:11 PM, #24
Reply Poor little guy...., Alarian (Guest), 24-Aug-04 01:54 PM, #22
Reply RE: Poor little guy...., ailon (Guest), 24-Aug-04 05:14 PM, #25
Reply Little Sprout, Martoonie (Guest), 24-Aug-04 12:55 PM, #16
Reply RE: Little Sprout, CrazyGoals, 24-Aug-04 01:15 PM, #21
Reply RE: Ailon Eveekomtrae Died of battle Level 43, Jhishesh (Guest), 24-Aug-04 11:31 AM, #14
Reply RE: Ailon Eveekomtrae Died of battle Level 43, CrazyGoals, 24-Aug-04 12:47 PM, #15
Reply Liked Ailon a lot., Tjok. (Guest), 24-Aug-04 11:18 AM, #13
Reply RE: Liked Ailon a lot., CrazyGoals, 24-Aug-04 12:57 PM, #17
Reply Fantastic job, Trotat (Guest), 24-Aug-04 10:53 AM, #12
Reply RE: Fantastic job, CrazyGoals, 24-Aug-04 12:58 PM, #18
Reply RE: Ailon Eveekomtrae Died of battle Level 43, Thorny (Guest), 24-Aug-04 10:39 AM, #11
Reply RE: Ailon Eveekomtrae Died of battle Level 43, CrazyGoals, 24-Aug-04 12:58 PM, #19
Reply My blessed little sprout..., Amaranthe, 24-Aug-04 10:02 AM, #10
Reply RE: My blessed little sprout..., CrazyGoals, 24-Aug-04 01:10 PM, #20
Reply Nice job, Atengsul (Guest), 24-Aug-04 08:57 AM, #8
Reply RE: Nice job, CrazyGoals, 24-Aug-04 09:31 AM, #9
Reply I really liked you., NightReaver (Guest), 24-Aug-04 08:22 AM, #4
Reply RE: I really liked you., ailon (Guest), 24-Aug-04 08:36 AM, #6
     Reply Your pbf is on the way :). nt, NightReaver (Guest), 24-Aug-04 08:56 AM, #7
Reply Simply amazing., Cadothu, 24-Aug-04 02:00 AM, #2
Reply RE: Simply amazing., ailon (Guest), 24-Aug-04 08:21 AM, #3
Reply Blessed Be, Manden, 24-Aug-04 01:07 AM, #1
     Reply RE: Blessed Be, ailon (Guest), 24-Aug-04 08:29 AM, #5

Dark PriestWed 25-Aug-04 02:07 AM
Member since 19th Dec 2003
205 posts
Click to send private message to this author Click to view this author's profile Click to add this author to your buddy list Click to send message via AOL IM
#30428, "RE: Ailon Eveekomtrae Died of battle Level 43"
In response to Reply #0

The few interactions you and I (Farzelkep) had were very fun. Know it or not, Farz looked out for you and watched you a lot

CrazyGoalsWed 25-Aug-04 03:49 AM
Member since 29th Jul 2004
9 posts
Click to send email to this author Click to send private message to this author Click to view this author's profile Click to add this author to your buddy list Click to send message via AOL IM
#30429, "RE: Ailon Eveekomtrae Died of battle Level 43"
In response to Reply #26

I am so glad to hear it. There were many people I wanted spend more time with and never got a chance to, for whatever reason. Oh well, I am glad that people enjoyed my presence. We all come here to have a bit of fun and if my doing so helped some others have fun to, well thats what RP is all about after all.

Jaded RangerTue 24-Aug-04 04:00 PM
Member since 21st Jul 2004
26 posts
Click to send email to this author Click to send private message to this author Click to add this author to your buddy list
#30418, "RE: Ailon Eveekomtrae Died of battle Level 43"
In response to Reply #0

So there I am, with so incredibly many stalks on some random druid that was walking by me. I figured: good time to nail someone. Then you walk into Hardan Wood, for no obvious reason. This is at a time that people were too scared to actually go look at that area. I have a soft-spot for that area, and also for people willing to explore. More for the latter, to be honest. So now I'm sitting there, thinking, "I know my assassination will land. But this guy is trying. #### it." Tell Ailon blahblahblah. I was really impressed with you, and that says alot coming from someone so... jaded... I was really frustrated with the fact that you would sit at level 18 or thereabouts, with a lastname and not alot else. Gah! Get out and use it :p

Anyhow, I was impressed and I'm sure the next one will do the same. Kickass, man.

-JR

ailon (Guest)Tue 24-Aug-04 05:11 PM

#30419, "RE: Ailon Eveekomtrae Died of battle Level 43"
In response to Reply #23

See it was my BOLD explorations that played a part in my demise, but it also saved me on occasion. I remember that day well, I was very pleased with the way you handeled it. Mostly cause it save me from a pk but also because your RP was fine indeed! Thank's for being one of the many that made Ailon's life so fun!

Alarian (Guest)Tue 24-Aug-04 01:54 PM

#30417, "Poor little guy...."
In response to Reply #0

The fact that you had Tribunal AND Outlander friends is really a credit to your RP. I wish I could of helped with some of your stuff, never heard about any of it until you died, though.

Thanks for the donation, also.

ailon (Guest)Tue 24-Aug-04 05:14 PM

#30420, "RE: Poor little guy...."
In response to Reply #22

Um... well I plan on buying a T-shirt and a stine from the Inn, maybe a bumpersticker, but what donation? You mean an IC thing? I am so confused.

Martoonie (Guest)Tue 24-Aug-04 12:55 PM

#30410, "Little Sprout"
In response to Reply #0

Ailon was certainly one of my favorite people to interact with. Ansrtril has lately been pulled in ten different directions at once and it left him with little time. Everytime he was being drug away and saw Ailon, he tried to get out of it just to spend a little more time with his mentor and priest. The effeminate elf will miss his little friend. Well done.

CrazyGoalsTue 24-Aug-04 01:15 PM
9 posts
Click to send email to this author Click to send private message to this author Click to view this author's profile Click to add this author to your buddy list Click to send message via AOL IM
#30415, "RE: Little Sprout"
In response to Reply #16

This was exactly the sort of interaction that Ailon lived for. Role Playing, in it's purest form. Not trying to impress a God, or to rank up quick as can be, but good old fashioned interaction with other characters. The better the RP of the one I was interacting with, the better my RP would become. I was always happy when I typed WHO and saw certain names pop up, yours was indeed one of them.

Jhishesh (Guest)Tue 24-Aug-04 11:31 AM

#30408, "RE: Ailon Eveekomtrae Died of battle Level 43"
In response to Reply #0

I just don't know what to make of you. It's obvious you did well from all the accolades I see here and your various in-game rewards, but I never saw it, unfortunately. Instead all I ever got was "you can't do that! Only an imm can do that!" which always smacked of ooc rather than ic. Or sometimes the "you don't even know your own rules, you have to stop that!" comment.

I am sorry if those times you were pk'd led to your ultimate demise, but I have a hard time seeing how you could honestly say I was not doing what I was supposed to when we fought.

In any event, I do hope there is an opportunity for my character and your next to interact in greater depth.

CrazyGoalsTue 24-Aug-04 12:47 PM
9 posts
#30409, "RE: Ailon Eveekomtrae Died of battle Level 43"
In response to Reply #14

Well, I must admit there was a point there where I did let MY personal feelings get in the way a bit. When I made that comment I was quite, well, not happy. But I did try to handel it IC. In fact, I know what you were doing and that it was good RP on your part, but try to understand that from MY CHARACTERs perspective your actions were abhorant, and irrational. I tried to play Ailon's understanding of the Empire as being a bit different than my own. This may have been my biggest mistake in game, I sometimes tried TOO hard to sperate my character from myself, and therefore ignored MY better judgement thinking, "how would Ailon know what I do about this, he wouldent" Anyway I am sure if had an in depth dicussion of my rational you would understand, but again, that one day in particular I let MY feelings get to me. (Now you may say well it was more than once, but after that point I had already said and did, what I said and did. I figured that if I was going to have that in my past, I should then be consistant with it)

Tjok. (Guest)Tue 24-Aug-04 11:18 AM

#30407, "Liked Ailon a lot."
In response to Reply #0

Interesting character that seemed wrapped up in a role. I wanted to tie you into Outlander somehow because it seemed like you were the type to revolve "mortal driven" quests around - things that can't ever be accomplished but are fun to pursue anyway (thought it might stave off deletions). Unfortunately, it was like constantly treading water the last couple months and your Amaranthe fest 2004 didn't come around. Ah well, there's always next year!

CrazyGoalsTue 24-Aug-04 12:57 PM
9 posts
#30411, "RE: Liked Ailon a lot."
In response to Reply #13

I had preped for the party so many times. But as it turns out, I always seemed to die with a knapsack full of food and drink and having it sacraficed by my slayer. I really did want to make it a grand event. Not just a druid and a couple of outlanders hanging out in the woods, after all that would be kinda standard. Xalli said she wanted to throw one as well, we were going to work together, but alas it never came to pass. Oh well, perhaps in the future.

Trotat (Guest)Tue 24-Aug-04 10:53 AM

#30406, "Fantastic job"
In response to Reply #0

Your attitude was incredible. I'll post some when I depart this world, but for now a well-deserved pat on the back.

Good luck on your next.

Trotat

CrazyGoalsTue 24-Aug-04 12:58 PM
9 posts
#30412, "RE: Fantastic job"
In response to Reply #12

Thank you!

Thorny (Guest)Tue 24-Aug-04 10:39 AM

#30405, "RE: Ailon Eveekomtrae Died of battle Level 43"
In response to Reply #0

Always great to see another Amaranthe-ite play the religion very well. Good job, good luck in future characters, and all that jazz.

Thorny

CrazyGoalsTue 24-Aug-04 12:58 PM
9 posts
#30413, "RE: Ailon Eveekomtrae Died of battle Level 43"
In response to Reply #11

And thank you!

AmarantheTue 24-Aug-04 09:56 AM
Member since 17th Mar 2003
536 posts
Click to send email to this author Click to send private message to this author Click to view this author's profile Click to add this author to your buddy list
#30404, "My blessed little sprout..."
In response to Reply #0
Edited on Tue 24-Aug-04 10:02 AM

Ah, I'm so sorry to see you go. Part of me wished I could give you 100 points of con during your con quest. I remember for a while there I was worried that you were going to lose more con than I would be able to give you in the process of doing the quest!

I figured you were something of a newer player, but certainly not because if your roleplaying abilities. You roleplayed well and consistently, and it was only the frequency of you walking rather blindly into death that suggested to me that you might be a more recent player. You always dealt with your setbacks with a fantastic attitude though - while you were a bit fragile physically you seemed to have a spirit of steel. I know some of our strongest players in conflict/exploration would have collapsed in fits of frusteration in circumstances where Ailon would just smile, dust himself off, and carry on. Always a very fitting attitude for a follower of Amaranthe, who is supposed to endure adversity with a steady resolve and accept death as an inevitable part of things. Well done, and I hope to see you around in another incarnation soon.

CrazyGoalsTue 24-Aug-04 01:10 PM
9 posts
#30414, "RE: My blessed little sprout..."
In response to Reply #10

I learned SO much about the game, until this point I had never had a character go beyond level fifteen or so. But, you were the key for me. Partly because of the religion itself, as you said, but also because of your interaction. It is quite easy to have faith in a God that is actually present and is activly involved in the characters life. That is not to say the other Gods are not, but this being my first empowerment character, actually seeing a God in the flesh made it that much easier for me to buy into it. And of course, the relationship your religion has to my understanding of real world witchcraft did not hurt.

Atengsul (Guest)Tue 24-Aug-04 08:57 AM

#30402, "Nice job"
In response to Reply #0

When I first saw you about, figured you were an Outlander..so I killed you without even speaking to you. Cadothu was helping me with some of his gnomish wisdom, and asked me not to harm you, so I agreed....

Afterwards I clairaudienced you a few times and found myself laughing at some of the things you were up to. Seemed like the perfect pacifist. Druids are pretty deadly, you shoulda hunted the Imperials back a bit if they were striking you....

Glad it was fun.

CrazyGoalsTue 24-Aug-04 09:29 AM
9 posts
#30403, "RE: Nice job"
In response to Reply #8
Edited on Tue 24-Aug-04 09:31 AM

::: Druids are pretty deadly, you shoulda hunted the Imperials back a bit if they were striking you....:::

Yeah, I know could have done a bit more to them, but I always tried not to let MY emotions get tied up in the Characters. He saw revenge and hate and all that sort of thing as being benith him. He did not want to be on the same level as the imperials so to speak.

NightReaver (Guest)Tue 24-Aug-04 08:22 AM

#30398, "I really liked you."
In response to Reply #0

But it would not have been in my rp to allow you to get something off of a conjie servitor like that and let it go.

Seemed like a really really cool char and I was looking forward to your amaranthe party..

-Bjai

ailon (Guest)Tue 24-Aug-04 08:36 AM

#30400, "RE: I really liked you."
In response to Reply #4

Dont worry, I know why you did what you did, it was good RP, and thats what it is all about. When I realized that I was dieing, so soon after that happened, I just wanted to die with a clear conscience. I did not want one of my long time allies last memory of me to be one of me making them upset.

NightReaver (Guest)Tue 24-Aug-04 08:56 AM

#30401, "Your pbf is on the way :). nt"
In response to Reply #6

nt

CadothuTue 24-Aug-04 02:00 AM
Member since 01st Jul 2004
158 posts
Click to send private message to this author Click to add this author to your buddy list
#30394, "Simply amazing."
In response to Reply #0

I absolutely loved your character and I hated to see you go. I was really upset about it all, but was glad that I could be with you at Amaranthe's shrine to see you off. You're one of the last few of my early life friends, only got one or two left. Really, really sad seeing you go. I thought it was amazing how you just shrugged off everything man. You took so much crap and just acted like it was nothing. I cant wait to see what you roll up next and hope it's ten times as enjoyable as Ailon was for ya.

Cado

ailon (Guest)Tue 24-Aug-04 08:21 AM

#30397, "RE: Simply amazing."
In response to Reply #2

:::I thought it was amazing how you just shrugged off everything man. You took so much crap and just acted like it was nothing.:::

Oh if only that were true! I, the man behind the druid, was quite upset very often believe me! But for Ailon it was always a religious issue, he believed death was a natural part of the cycle and that if it was his time to go, then it was and if not his faith would see to it he return. That last gathering before I died was quite amazing, I liked the fact that I had the time to make peace and say goodbye and all that.

MandenTue 24-Aug-04 01:07 AM
Member since 30th Jul 2004
136 posts
Click to send email to this author Click to send private message to this author Click to view this author's profile Click to add this author to your buddy list
#30393, "Blessed Be"
In response to Reply #0

Very well done! I'm glad you were there to talk to my character at that time after Gnayt deleted since I've always had a soft spot in my heart for Amaranthe's priests.

Every time I saw you you were near-naked and I kept hoping that it was because you'd decided you didn't need any of the armor you'd had earlier, not because you'd been killed recently. Still, you managed an admirable feat of still having fun while being beat into the ground, so good work!

Good luck with the next!

ailon (Guest)Tue 24-Aug-04 08:29 AM

#30399, "RE: Blessed Be"
In response to Reply #1

:::Every time I saw you you were near-naked and I kept hoping that it was because you'd decided you didn't need any of the armor you'd had earlier:::

Well, I did try to keep my armorments simple, my plan was always that once I reached my 51st title, from then on I would wear only a simple robe and maybe a necklace. So it was a combination, that is, I did die quite a lot, but I also went out of my way to wear simple armor. You were fun to play with, and I go so many glares from my fellow woodsmen for being so kind to such a promenent member of the Blood Tribunal. But that was the one aspect of Ailon I loved playing the most, he saw himself as a teacher, and would impart knolidge and wisdom to ANYONE that was open to listen. That's why I think he had so many friends.

Top General Discussions The Battlefield Topic #30392 Previous topic | Next topic