Subject: "(DELETED) [FORTRESS] Yethieliel the Legend of the Battl..." Previous topic | Next topic
Printer-friendly copy Email this topic to a friend CF Website
Top General Discussions The Battlefield Topic #30347
Show all folders

Death_AngelSun 22-Aug-04 12:24 PM
Member since 22nd Sep 2024
17176 posts
Click to send email to this author Click to send private message to this author Click to view this author's profile Click to add this author to your buddy list
#30347, "(DELETED) [FORTRESS] Yethieliel the Legend of the Battlefield"

Sun Aug 22 12:24:14 2004

At 12 o'clock PM, Day of the Bull, 22nd of the Month of the Frost Giant
on the Theran calendar Yethieliel perished, never to return.

Race:arial
Class:warrior
Level:51
Alignment:Good
Ethos:Neutral
Cabal:FORTRESS, the Fortress of Light
Hours:345

Alert | IP Printer Friendly copy | Reply | Reply with quote | Top

Reply And I'm out., yakfod (Guest), 23-Aug-04 01:54 AM, #1
     Reply Whoever payed for my pbf - Thanks! -nt-, yakfod (Guest), 23-Aug-04 01:56 AM, #2
     Reply I liked your character, too., Trotat (Guest), 23-Aug-04 09:11 AM, #3
     Reply And then there was Elsworth..., Aytak (Guest), 23-Aug-04 11:24 AM, #4
     Reply RE: And I'm out., Zilraeth (Guest), 23-Aug-04 12:47 PM, #5
     Reply Take care, Manden, 23-Aug-04 02:17 PM, #6

yakfod (Guest)Mon 23-Aug-04 01:54 AM

#30368, "And I'm out."
In response to Reply #0

Well, what can I say? This was my first true hero in the seven years I’ve been playing, and man, did I ever have a blast. I know it probably looked like I was a complete newb sometimes, but hell, you live and you learn. I delete mainly because other things were happening and I wasn’t playing as much as I did before. And when I did play, I felt I was getting sloppier – which I felt was no way for a Maran to be. You’re a role model, and someone who dies every 20 minutes is not a good role model to have.

I’d really like to thank the immortals for such a kickass game. You guys don’t get enough credit.

Goodbyes:

Uncabaled:
Derafhac – You rocked. You taught me a lot, and you were a beastly fighter. Liked how you were always up for a rumble with me.

Zilraeth – You were the only one that I can say that knew Yeth almost his entire life. I was shocked to see you back lately and very glad. You have a very interesting character, and I was looking forward to developing the problem that would have inevitabley come between us.

Fortress:
Celebrimbor – You pretty much changed the direction of this character. Was going to pull a Derafhac and just be an empire hater, but I kind of admired you. Yeth joined Fortress purely because of you. Goodjob.

Golron – Loved you. Just loved you. I thought we worked really well together. Couldn’t have asked for a better leader. You could tell that I was pretty new I think, but you still treated me like any other Maran. Thanks for that.

Ryldain – Not too sure on the spelling as you deleted or stopped logging in before I made squire, but you spent a good bit of time heroing me. Thanks.

Vahletharien – I can’t tell you how many times I’ve wished you were there over the last few weeks. You were a great Acolyte, and a very devoted friend.

Kellaralon – I liked you. Quite a bold conjurer, I thought. I felt really bad about your last death. I’m not sure I would have done the same, but the watcher was harsh on you.

Azo – Thanks for teaching me how to gear myself.

Tiahan and Velandir – Well played acolytes. Knew you always had my back.

Empire:
Blitz – You’re a beast. Perhaps I should have practiced polearm more, but I very much doubt it would have mattered. Honestly, the damage you put out was sick at times, and I as a player was scared of you, Yeth however pretty much saw you as a figurehead of everything he fought against. So, yes, what looked like suicide (or perhaps extreme stupidity) actually had a reason. Yeth would have done almost anything to kill you.

Wojif – Was glad to see you fight me that one time near the vaults. I would have respected you more had I not encountered you almost constantly with a gang, even against just little old me.

Urog – Man you annoyed me there at the end. I would have loved to have gotten you. But from what I have seen, I thought you were a very skilled player. To stand out from the horde is something that I respect you for.

The rest – well I might be forgetting some, but you are what defines the empire. The ones that I cannot recall would probably be the first to respond to a ‘cb so and so is in randomplace exploring’. Not that it is bad – for it defines your cabal, and it could be intentional – but to me, it just doesn’t stand out.

Scions:
Overall I really enjoyed fighting the scion cabal. You guys are definitely skilled players.

Sarg – All I can say is that I was happy to see you go. I didn’t really think you contributed much to scion, but that is a complete outsiders perspective. I felt kind of bad picking all that gold out of your last corpse, but hey, that’s how the cookie crumbles.

Corilanth – Lot of respect for you. I can’t say how many times you defended the inner solo against at least two or three, and for all that I can’t say I saw you fall more than a handful of times. Glad you were the first to mummy, and sorry for that time outside Aran Gird (sp?).

Aytak – You are cocky, but you can pull it off. Very skilled. Dreaded seeing you around because you pretty much could beat my ass.

Trotat – I liked you for some odd reason. Everytime you got me, I knew you were around and just waiting for the inner to spell me to hell. Half the reason I would raid would be to see if I could get you .

Tribs:

There were a lot of you, and most did not like me much, which I could understand.

Manden – Cool character. I’m really glad we interacted the way we did. I would have loved to shoot the breeze with you a bit more if Yeth hadn’t had other things to take care of.

The felar warrior who has been around for a long time, newly made vindicator – sorry I cannot remember your name, but I also liked you and think we had reached an understanding to a point. Would also have liked to interacted more with you.

Outlanders:
Didn’t do a whole lot with any of you. Tjok you are where you belong, and Yeth really appreciated the unstated agreement that there was.

My brain is fried from trying to remember like 350 playing hours worth of experiences in one sitting. I’m sure I’ve forgotten people and events. I logged most of what I deemed ‘interesting or good fights’, so if you would like to see anything ask and I’ll try and post it on dios. I’ll also try to respond to any posts that you guys have.

I’m going to take a break for a while, but I’ll be back as seems to always be the case.

See you in the fields.
-yakfod

yakfod (Guest)Mon 23-Aug-04 01:56 AM

#30369, "Whoever payed for my pbf - Thanks! -nt-"
In response to Reply #1

nt

Trotat (Guest)Mon 23-Aug-04 09:11 AM

#30374, "I liked your character, too."
In response to Reply #1

Always ready to fight, although you did some really stupid things, like attack the outer while a ghost (boggle). Good luck on your next, man.

Trotat

Aytak (Guest)Mon 23-Aug-04 11:24 AM

#30380, "And then there was Elsworth..."
In response to Reply #1

You were always a nuisance, and non-cowardly to a detriment sometimes. I knew that if we held the orb you'd come for it and try for a stealth kill, which you did more than once in recovering. Then if I ever saw you and Golron on I knew you'd come calling in short order. Unfortunately, for some reason you seemed to soak up my geysers with alot less ease than Golron. I know I mocked Golron about you dying, and it wasn't meant to be cockieness in the sense that I didn't consider you a threat or that I could easily kill you, it was more bent at tearing at morale. As a leader you generally hate to see your comrades biting the dust while you survive. Better to both escape or it become glaringly obvious you need to retreat than lose some. With Yeth gone that leaves Elsworth as the only dagger spec fortress goodie in reach (for the moment), so at least I won't be casting silent echoes to myself for a while. Well played, just remember when driving; full throttle is not the only speed
Good luck on the next,
Aytak

Zilraeth (Guest)Mon 23-Aug-04 12:47 PM

#30382, "RE: And I'm out."
In response to Reply #1

Yeeeeah. We go pretty far back. We ranked up from fairly low up till hero, where we slaughtered quite a few Imperials. We spent lotsa time either killin' or gearin' and I felt pretty close to you IC. Towards the end of your life up till now I havent had as much time to play as I used to, and not sure I will have as much anytime soon.. I also wanted to see where our little problem was going.. Zilraeth doesnt like being told what to do, and you saying you wouldnt allow me to attack someone is pretty much penalty by death, even being a close IC friend. Anyway, well played and good luck with your next(if there is one). Take it easy.

MandenMon 23-Aug-04 02:17 PM
Member since 30th Jul 2004
136 posts
Click to send email to this author Click to send private message to this author Click to view this author's profile Click to add this author to your buddy list
#30383, "Take care"
In response to Reply #1

There were obviously some things we clashed over, but you worked with the conflict instead of just thinking I was trying to get you screwed, and as a result we had a few cool interactions. So, thanks for that.

Good work on finally heroing, and I'm sure you'll be able to think of a lot of ways to improve with your next one.

Top General Discussions The Battlefield Topic #30347 Previous topic | Next topic