Subject: "(Delete) Corilanth the Mummy Guy" Previous topic | Next topic
Printer-friendly copy Email this topic to a friend CF Website
Top General Discussions The Battlefield Topic #30105
Show all folders

Tweedster (Guest)Sun 15-Aug-04 08:42 AM

#30105, "(Delete) Corilanth the Mummy Guy"

Well, Since I never liked waiting a week, Guess I'll go ahead and post. Let see, where to start. Corilanth was a blast. I had originally rolled this one to lich. I thought about empire, but Blitz had a pretty damn strong empire at the time, And scion was non exhistant. Came up with a really cool role Idea and went to work with it. I got into scion pretty young, after a few good talks with Mekantos. I worked his ass to spectre pretty quick. Only thing I mastered on the way was sleep, for obvious reasons. Rest I figured would go up alone. When I got there, there were no mummys yet, so I was like, ah, what the hell, lets give it a shot. I had my items less then an hour after getting my list and turned em right in. No use lingering I figured. I was pretty hard out balls to the wall fighting until I got mummy...then I treaded lightly for a while, then I went right back into trying to rampage again. I didn't want to be know as the cowardly mummy that runs and hides at every fight, So for the most part, I went to defend at some ####ty situations a lot of the time. Not saying I always went, But I like to give people a good fight. On mummys...I like em. Imms did a good job with balancing strenghs and weaknesses on them (which I will not go into, play a mummy if you want to know) I think they still need work, and theres a good amount of bugs still, which I tried to help get straightened out to the best of my ability. I probably could have made better use of some of the skills. For the imms, Ill be sending an E-Mail with my feedback of the mummy, maybe a few ideas/complaints, just what I felt about them. All In all Theyre cool though. You come to understand real fast that theyre not liches, and theyre not meant to be near as powerful as them. They're a way for a necro to hero and still get some benefits. As far as being able to lich also after you mummy. I dont know, and I never found out. Oh well. Now, for the negative feedback I have (Dont get bitter imms, its just feedback) Scion... They have been without a chancellor for like 8 rl months man. Thats just silly man. Its a game. Ive seen a lot of people that could have had a decent shot at leading in that time, Kung was one of them. There was some, but not a lot of Immteraction in that cabal when I was a scion. I know you guys are busy, but It would make that cabal that much cooler if you had like 10 minutes every few days put aside for immteraction or miniquests or something. No big deal, Guess nobody stepped up and took control of scion, which is likely what youre looking for. Oh well, I tried at least. I ganged, I fought solo....I tried to be the happy medium, but I sure as #### was no Zorszaul Now, for the goodbyes....Im horrible with names, but Ill try my best. Post if I forget you.....

--Immortals--

Phaelim: Wish I had more time to delve into your religion, but I couldn't figure out how really. Dont even know if I got off to a good start when we spoke. Ill definately give it a shot later, but I was kinda clueless how you felt about it. Let me know if you can.

Scarabaeus: When you came down and explained the spells and stuff that was helpful. that one I had no idea what it did, and that 5 minutes was really helpful to figuring em out. Thanks a ton man, It was a good shot.

Mekantos: Thanks for the induction, and the conversations. I like your sick and twisted I dont give a #### and will stab you in the eye attitude. It was fun. Cant wait to see what you come up with for an area when its your turn to make one.

Valguarnera: Im going to assume you were the archmage when you gave us the quest for that thing after the jugorath incident, judging by the imm comments on his premium. Wish I seen you around more, and by the way, I found what you asked, invoked it, and figured it out. On a side note, your area, Ktengs, is really cool, and that quest is awesome. Really detailed, Corilanth was my first char that explored it and figured it out.

Berrox: Wish I had interacted with you, but dont think I ever did. Damn

To the Immortal that did that quest in the tower that one time....That was pretty cool. I was just exploring Ktengs and I got drawn out into that cool miniquest out of nowhere. Was fun, but I almost thought you were a part of a different quest the scions had started, heh. Anyways, made my day better.

Lets see...

--Maran--

Azo: God I got sick of you beating on me. I repelled your raids a couple times, though never for long. You were an annoyance I could never catch and kill, thats why I was so bitter at you all the time.

Golron: You always showed up at the worst spots and the worst times to kick my ass, Usually with a hunting buddy. Fought you a time or two alone, but didn't expect to. I knew the maran would be ganging up on me in large groups to con kill me, no surprises there. Anyways, you were tough, I think I got you a time or two, dunno though. That time you and Rouch Located my corpse from that bad teleport and beat me there and looted, I was pissed man. You know I would have fought and lost it eventually

Rouch: I was real bitter with you. You killed me, which was fine. But then you would do #### like sit at my recall point as soon as I unghosted with eyes of a flame up and wait to one round me, right after I just died. Got to the point where I never recalled anymore. When me and Aytak killed you, I was doing cartwheels and #### that I was a part of bringing you down after all the pain you caused Coril. Thanks for the blademasters gloves, go take em back from the villagers now.

Yeth: I had a ton of respect for you. A ton. You would come when there were 6-7 maran online, and fight me alone, and not call others, regardless of how bad you got whipped. You kicked my ass a ton, I kicked yours...but I enjoyed the fight and not having a huge gang on the way when we brawled. A very very well played maran.

Velandir: Same as yeth. Tough as nails, would come alone, only took what you needed from the corpse. Lots of respect for you. Just remember, After all that asskicking, I still got you once. One time baby

Shapeshifters whos name started with T: Cant remember the exact name. Golden eagle always flew to me at the worst time. Bah!

On a side note about the fort (mini complaint, not really mad) The massive gangs that came after me were unnessacery 90% of the time. I wasn't even half that tough, made me wanna gather the Deathsquad and come after you more and more. There was one day though, where I did get a brutal gang together...I think we killed everyone in the fort but Azo that day, a good five or six maran. I wasn't really into the 7 man ganging though, though I would gather up two or three and head out to fight and raid. Anyways, You guys are too powerful, expect to see me on team evil for a while.

Hrm...

--Battle--

Acaga and Iborenn and Tinfalaen (spelling?} You three were the only ones I fought, and you were always down to fight. If I took the time to use ABS, I won. If I didn't, I lost. Simple as that. Takes time to gather that ####, and sometimes I just got lazy, and paid for it. Oh well, good fights.

--Outlander--

Psyrel, I think youre the only one I fought. I liked fighting you, but Ive never really feared any bards...ive always countered em pretty good. Good fights though, Hated having to spam where on the mount looking for you.

Uncaballed. Calheil, Korgh, Jaflekb, Alessa, Defalwhatever (svirf warrior, i cant remember names good, We had good travels, and it was good traveling with you.

To anyone I interviewed and recommended...Good luck.

Last but not least,

--Scion--

Aytak: My number one traveling partner. We put the metal to the damned meat a lot. Once I got an army and rodded up, and had your shields and you rodded up with me, we were pretty damned unstoppable by any two or three people. Any more than that, and hell yeah we made for the hills. Good luck, and stick it out, scions gonna be strong soon. Remember, Web is your friend

Krollos: If I couldn't have chancellor, I think youll get it. You blew me away with your game knowledge at times, I didn't think you were that smart at first. Keep pushing for it, Its gonna Be you, Aytak, or Vez I think, but Its all an educated guess, thats it.

Vezran: How you pull off some of those kills is beyond me, but when they come raiding, and I see you word to go to the chasm..20 seconds later I hear, So and so is dead. Outstanding, stick around cause the chasm needs a competent transmuter like you around.

Trotat: Man I was so happy when you logged on sometimes. What happened to you towards the end? Scion thiefs make a hude difference in the cabal wars man, dont fade away, they need you. Some of my best traveling experiences were with you, you were damn loyal to the chasm.

Liateo: Same as trotat. Scion needs you buddy

Sergeant Toes: Im going to refrain from starting a flame war, I dont want my deletion post to be one. I was the only scion to really help you at all in game, in the least bit. I stuck up for you and defended you for a long time, cause nobody needs their damn cabal ganging up and killing them, but I got tired of it. I didn't tell you where your mummy items were because, it was a race, and I wanted to be the first mummy. Sue me. You have a lot of potential and could have some really strong chars, if you find the right race/class that suits you and take in just a little more game knowledge. Dont let one ####ty ending discourage you, get back up and try it again. Youll be alright.

Jugorath: The meanest damned warrior I ever met. Too bad you got booted, because I never seen you face someone you couldn't just stop their ass into the floor. That hell gear was awesome, shoulda died to me, not deleted. Ha!

Anyways, thats it. I have already paid my cash for the premium battlefield, so youll be able to look at that. Obviously I dont blame the imms if they take out anything that supposed to be secret such as spells/mummy stats/imm comments about secret mummy ####. I would like to hear some immortal feedback though, I hate to have to wait a week.

Signing off for now,

The Tweedster

Alert | IP Printer Friendly copy | Reply | Reply with quote | Top

Reply RE: (Delete) Corilanth the Mummy Guy, Mekantos, 17-Aug-04 01:54 AM, #17
Reply RE: (Delete) Corilanth the Mummy Guy, Trotat (Guest), 16-Aug-04 09:05 AM, #16
Reply Well darn..., Aytak (Guest), 16-Aug-04 04:42 AM, #10
Reply A clarification.., Aytak (Guest), 16-Aug-04 04:48 AM, #11
Reply You must play too much counterstrike hence the camp hat..., Rouchevien (Guest), 16-Aug-04 05:22 AM, #12
Reply I agree and disagree, Daurwyn (Guest), 16-Aug-04 06:33 AM, #13
     Reply RE: I agree and disagree, Rouchevien (Guest), 16-Aug-04 06:42 AM, #14
Reply There is a reason for shifting, A shifted char (Guest), 16-Aug-04 08:40 AM, #15
Reply the shapey that starts with T. Tiahan too., Tiahan (Guest), 16-Aug-04 04:19 AM, #9
Reply aww..., Runaktla (Guest), 16-Aug-04 04:15 AM, #8
Reply Always a fun fight..., Tinfalan (Guest), 15-Aug-04 05:01 AM, #7
Reply RE: (Delete) Corilanth the Mummy Guy, Golron (Guest), 15-Aug-04 04:29 AM, #6
Reply RE: (Delete) Corilanth the Mummy Guy, Vezran (Guest), 15-Aug-04 01:44 AM, #4
Reply I refuse to play anything but Scion. Thats my bag baby!..., Tweedster (Guest), 15-Aug-04 02:35 AM, #5
Reply RE: (Delete) Corilanth the Mummy Guy, Rouchevien (Guest), 14-Aug-04 06:47 PM, #2
Reply Hrm, Tweedster (Guest), 15-Aug-04 01:08 AM, #3
Reply RE: (Delete) Corilanth the Mummy Guy, Azo (Guest), 14-Aug-04 11:32 AM, #1

MekantosTue 17-Aug-04 01:54 AM
Member since 06th Dec 2003
796 posts
Click to send email to this author Click to add this author to your buddy list
#30201, "RE: (Delete) Corilanth the Mummy Guy"
In response to Reply #0

Ah man, you should have gone down in a blaze of CON-less glory! Seemed like you had a rough time after getting mummified, but hey, you can always say you were the first to hero a mummy! Anyways, I thought Corilanth had potential right from the get-go, and I was very pleased to see you rise through the ranks and not simply fade away like so many others. As Valg said in your PB post, you were good material for leadership. Maybe next time around you'll have some more CON to toss around.

Good luck on the next!

-Mek

Trotat (Guest)Mon 16-Aug-04 09:05 AM

#30158, "RE: (Delete) Corilanth the Mummy Guy"
In response to Reply #0

I've been around. Where did you go? All last week, it was pretty much Aytak and me in my normal time slots. I've had stuff to do on the weekends so you weren't going to see me then. I heard some chatter that you had deleted due to a bad death, but I wrote it off thinking, this guy is one of the first mummies - he'll stick it out and explore the class.

I'm sorry that you're gone. I figured you would be the nuts for Chancellor and it seems you did impress the Boss judging from his comment. Does becoming a mummy lower CON or something? I had absolutely no idea you were dying as much as you did. For what it's worth, I had some interesting things to say about you in my role and you can check them out when I die. The only drawback about you was how timid you were in slaying a certain cabal member. I can't believe that none of the mages would back me up on that. Disgusting. Had you stepped forward and done the deed, I bet you would have had Chancellor for sure. Maybe you would have gotten the uninduct but you have to take risks to win big.

Thanks for the nice comments. Recovering from an extremely disappointing death Thursday or Friday night - can't remember which. I'll likely be back once I muster up the ambition to regear and start fresh. I think a seven day break might be in order, though. I've been playing waaay too much lately.

Good luck on your next Scion. Maybe I'll still be around for him, too.

Trotat

Aytak (Guest)Mon 16-Aug-04 04:42 AM

#30150, "Well darn..."
In response to Reply #0

I wasn't sure if that was your final death or not that day. The one thing that Aytak mentioned to Corilanth was the thing that proved to be your downfall that last time. Whenever you had a full compliment of zombies and such you seemed to slip into 'god-mode quake mindset'. Aytak enjoyed running around with Corilanth and even that last time when you fell I'd already spoken with others to work at regearing you. Aytak was of the mindset that there were few 'immortal mortal characters' around so best to strengthen the one within the Chasm as quickly as possible. Unfortunately as was pointed out, you seemed to have rotten luck when it came to log on times.

I agree with you about recall point camping, and while Rouchevian is correct and only did it once another fortress storm giant did it as well. I really consider something like that almost the same as abusing game mechanics or outside information. Obviously the Imms don't agree but it's just super weak, especialy if it requires the camper to be there for a significant amount of time. Of course on the opposite side of the spectrum, you know that Rouchevian (spellcheck) doing that made his dying to us all the more rewarding.

I'll post more when I eventually die. I'll stick it out as long as Aytak has hours left to live and I agree with alot of what you said concerning things in general. (again I'll elaborate when I die) Considering some recent shifts to characters that Aytak has known and hunted with, it's a shame you're gone. Would have liked to have slain some former hunting companions with you.

You managed to not be a wussy greater necro form. Aka. Though you mummied you didn't hide when things were tough and make yourself scarce unless others of the chasm were around to bolster your chances of survival and success. I'm not pointing fingers but you stood alone among the few other undead or close to undead types, in that category during your time with this character.

Sucks that you suffer such a major loss of con as an undead but it's the counter balance to being effectively immortal. I've got some fights that we were involved in that I'll post at some point when I can edit out certain things that require such and so forth. To spark your memory I have most of the night that the slaughter occured after we stepped into the fortress gank squad in the underdark. I still have to find a bard in-game to post something fitting from Aytak's viewpoint concerning the fortress...
Good luck on your next.
Aytak

Aytak (Guest)Mon 16-Aug-04 04:48 AM

#30151, "A clarification.."
In response to Reply #10

To stop the would-be alarmists and so forth. By 'immortal mortal characters' is meant liches, mummy's etc. To my limited knowledge hours nolonger mater to such characters. I'm not trying to imply anything else or contribute to all of the useless conjecture about Imms playing mortals and so on.
Thanks,
Aytak

Rouchevien (Guest)Mon 16-Aug-04 05:22 AM

#30153, "You must play too much counterstrike hence the camp hat..."
In response to Reply #10

I don't see the difference between waiting at the altar, or the eastern road, or outside the cabal, or near a shrine, or near a place you know he frequents, or any other place you might think your chances of meeting your foe are higher.

Daurwyn (Guest)Mon 16-Aug-04 06:33 AM

#30154, "I agree and disagree"
In response to Reply #12

Personally, I don't see it as game mechanics abuse or use of ooc info, because this is stuff you find out ic.

However, I do see it as a pretty feeble way to hunt someone. That said, I was part of the group that summoned mobs healers used to gate to, to the recall point in Hamsah (which was the wanted healer's recall point) and ganked them when they gated in and then recalled upon being attacked, so I'm not exactly whiter than white. However, generally speaking I don't like that style of hunting, and it is particularly dubious if you are waiting in a -protected- city as a paladin, since you could potentially go and kill them without breaking the law, and you are choosing an alternative that breaks the law instead.

Rouchevien (Guest)Mon 16-Aug-04 06:42 AM

#30155, "RE: I agree and disagree"
In response to Reply #13

His hometown was arkham.

A shifted char (Guest)Mon 16-Aug-04 08:40 AM

#30157, "There is a reason for shifting"
In response to Reply #10

Imms, delete this if you don't think it should be posted.

It sounds as if you are pointing fingers, since there are very few undead or close to undead characters. I can only think of three, maybe 4, and I can see reasons you could level that criticism at every one of the three. I will post more when we are both dead, if it is still an issue for you then, but my character has not changed much. He has always reacted (or failed to react) to the same things, and you've just pushed (or failed to push) some different buttons recently compared to when we used to hunt together. You think he did it for one reason, but his motivations were something else.

In the case of the other undead or close to undead, I see at least one dying fairly regularly when he's the only one of his cabal on. The other I can't comment on since I have only seen him once, but you made a negative comment about him ic too and I can totally understand why he has changed ic.

Don't fall into the trap of looking at how a character acts and assuming you know why he is acting that way. My character fights only to further his goals. When he repeatedly fights having been promised a reward if he does, and then it isn't delivered, time and time again, he stops fighting for those who have failed to deliver.

In return, your character has the same thing to me, it seems, as in you no longer fight for me because I failed to deliver to you once. You personally had my loyalty and had you personally asked me for help, you would have had it. You didn't ask though, so I viewed it as no more than generic scion business which distracted me from my own goals, and that is something I have washed my hands of because of my character's experiences jumping through hoops for scions. After that, you cut the tie between us, and so while I still felt obligated to you, I knew you didn't want my help any more. Now there is bad blood between us over the whole thing I have to take the risk of betrayal into account when dealing with you. With all the backstabbing of Sargataneos, I don't want the same to happen to me, so even my most trusted ally, who was you until recently, doesn't get to know everything about me. Trust amongst evils is not something to be given fully, in the eyes of my character.

Tiahan (Guest)Mon 16-Aug-04 04:19 AM

#30149, "the shapey that starts with T. Tiahan too."
In response to Reply #0

That night when you died like 4 times. I felt really bad for you. Half the times when you logged in you logged in when the Fort was full. If you had some luck, you would have logged in with just me and Velandir around or something. Well i'm glad I was annoying I guess heh. I remember that night with your Scion death squad. When I logged on and saw everyone I was just saying to myself well this is going to be eventful. I remember when you were going after the ancient green dragon. I thought about flying down and trying to get one of you, but well that duergar will just nail me to the ground like he did the three times earlier. Well I liked you a lot. You had a nice character. Well good luck with whatever you roll next. Oh and I hope i scared ya when I flew down to you when you three were resting heh. Have a good one mate.

Runaktla (Guest)Mon 16-Aug-04 04:15 AM

#30148, "aww..."
In response to Reply #0

overall i liked your character you seemed to be very
persistent and pretty ballsy. Our character's got off
to a bad start but ended up being chill with each other
near the end . Luck with your next.

- Runaktla

Tinfalan (Guest)Sun 15-Aug-04 05:01 AM

#30133, "Always a fun fight..."
In response to Reply #0

Though if Aytak wasn't with you it was just "C 'word'" I rarely fought you alone, but it was always w fun fight. First person I ever fought as a villager cause you were raiding when Xaden inducted me heh. Good luck with your next.

Golron (Guest)Sun 15-Aug-04 04:29 AM

#30132, "RE: (Delete) Corilanth the Mummy Guy"
In response to Reply #0

All I can say, is in a sick sort of way you could take the large groups that came for you as a boost to your ego, because they thought they needed all of them to get you. I think the one main drive with the groups was that mummies are new, no one really knows their limits, what they can do and such and they realised you were most likely the one who would work it all out.

I have to admit, that time near Arin'gird, that was pretty rough, those sorts of things I feel take the fun out of the game for everyone, other then gear hoarders whom hit pay dirt. Even with those huge fights that happened, I think the two times that will stick out in my memory of you, were when Azo and I came to the volcano, knowing a whole hoarde of people were there, and we tore some unmentionables up. That was good fun. The second was you and the ranger against me and the healer. I always made sure I kept weary of you because I knew that given a chance, I would be just another walking corpse trailing you.

The whole locate; run to corpse bizzo was harsh, I know because I have had it happen to me before. I feel for you ooc, but ic, well you know its different.

All I can say is that you were slippery, oh so slippery when fighting me (you must have been so close to death that time with the ranger, yet you still got away!) and from what I saw, you did well and inspired other scions to log on even when they were out numbered.

Good luck with your next.

Vezran (Guest)Sun 15-Aug-04 01:44 AM

#30121, "RE: (Delete) Corilanth the Mummy Guy"
In response to Reply #0

Wow. You have a positive damned attitude. I enjoyed Cor, and hope you roll another Scion.

Tweedster (Guest)Sun 15-Aug-04 02:35 AM

#30127, "I refuse to play anything but Scion. Thats my bag baby!..."
In response to Reply #4

nt

Rouchevien (Guest)Sat 14-Aug-04 06:47 PM

#30116, "RE: (Delete) Corilanth the Mummy Guy"
In response to Reply #0

I have only sat at your pit once, and that was after you had just killed Ithiok and were distributing his things with one of your allies. We were monitoring your movements, and when you had split with your ally, I suspected you were going to use your word, so I waited there. That was the one time that I waited at your pit, and the one time I got you. You were also not naked, You had a full set of gear. I have it on log if you would like to see it.

Bitterness has no part in this game. It is a.. game. I have nothing against you, but I do dislike mummies.

Tweedster (Guest)Sun 15-Aug-04 01:08 AM

#30120, "Hrm"
In response to Reply #2

No hard feelings, youre likely right too. Email the log to gnomereaper@yahoo.com? Id like to see it.

Azo (Guest)Sat 14-Aug-04 11:32 AM

#30106, "RE: (Delete) Corilanth the Mummy Guy"
In response to Reply #0

Good character all around. I don't think me or anyone else could have hoped to beat you one on one. I felt bad for all the ganging, but there was really no choice. A lot of times we just got really lucky and you unlucky, like Aran'gird. Once I boosted my saves up, I felt a little safer, but I really tried to shy away from one on one fights with you, as I could pretty much count on sleep meaning death, and you could probably get to my corpse faster than I could. Anyways, it was never pleasant to raid against you, and I think you were a pretty strong character. I think your mistake was in trying to fight alone against Fortress gangs. Just a lot to risk and a lot to lose against fights that were pretty impossible to win. I think being mummy gave you a lot more courage but you probably should have played it like a hero specter. Just my thoughts.

Top General Discussions The Battlefield Topic #30105 Previous topic | Next topic