Subject: "(DELETED) [None] Ithiok the Merciless Hunter" Previous topic | Next topic
Printer-friendly copy Email this topic to a friend CF Website
Top General Discussions The Battlefield Topic #30040
Show all folders

Death_AngelTue 10-Aug-04 08:00 PM
Member since 22nd Sep 2024
17176 posts
Click to send email to this author Click to send private message to this author Click to view this author's profile Click to add this author to your buddy list
#30040, "(DELETED) [None] Ithiok the Merciless Hunter"

Tue Aug 10 19:56:46 2004

At 5 o'clock AM, Day of Thunder, 17th of the Month of Nature
on the Theran calendar Ithiok perished, never to return.

Race:arial
Class:warrior
Level:51
Alignment:Good
Ethos:Chaotic
Cabal:None, None
Hours:117

Alert | IP Printer Friendly copy | Reply | Reply with quote | Top

Reply The farewells, Karel, 11-Aug-04 09:58 PM, #6
Reply RE: The farewells, Golron (Guest), 12-Aug-04 12:31 AM, #7
Reply RE: The farewells, Karel, 13-Aug-04 12:13 AM, #11
Reply Ohh, Kambolik (Guest), 12-Aug-04 11:17 AM, #9
Reply Well.., Els (Guest), 12-Aug-04 01:42 PM, #10
Reply Well err bye., Tiahan (Guest), 11-Aug-04 08:59 PM, #5
Reply RE: (DELETED) [None] Ithiok the Merciless Hunter, Calheil (Guest), 11-Aug-04 04:00 AM, #1
     Reply Considering how often he died as a Maran, I doubt highl..., Vlad (Guest), 11-Aug-04 07:50 AM, #2
     Reply Considering how shiney that set was, I'm not so sure ab..., randomguy (Guest), 11-Aug-04 01:28 PM, #3
     Reply RE: (DELETED) [None] Ithiok the Merciless Hunter, Karel, 11-Aug-04 04:02 PM, #4
          Reply I thought Ithiok was decent., Nivek1, 12-Aug-04 10:12 AM, #8
               Reply RE: I thought Ithiok was decent., Karel, 13-Aug-04 12:17 AM, #12

KarelWed 11-Aug-04 09:58 PM
Member since 04th Mar 2003
569 posts
Click to send email to this author Click to send private message to this author Click to view this author's profile Click to add this author to your buddy list
#30058, "The farewells"
In response to Reply #0

I like to experiment with warriors, try out new weapon/legacy combos etc. Unfortunately, after awhile they just seem stale to me. Not that I think the class is, I just get a feeling of nothing left to do to push them anymore. So I started losing interest quickly and that's that. My good-byes are short and sweet. If I fought you, great, hope it was fun. If I grouped with you for whatever reason, likewise, hope you enjoyed it. My only specific farewell is to Golron. I understand, I expected it and I would have done the same if positions were reversed. For what it's worth, I wasn't bsing you. Except maybe for that part about sticking around til old age. I knew that was pretty unlikey for me playing a warrior.

"Knowledge speaks, but wisdom listens." - Jimi Hendrix

Golron (Guest)Thu 12-Aug-04 12:31 AM

#30061, "RE: The farewells"
In response to Reply #6

Its a shame man, I really hated doing what I did. You realise all you needed to do was show some interest again and I would have done the reverse.

Its a shame you deleted because when you were around I knew someone had my back. All I can say is you might need to find the right legacy/spec combo. Some of them I agree are boring, some are great and keep your interest for alot longer. You could always go against your best interest and try the most outrageous spec/legacy combo and see how it pans out, for all you know you may have picked a winner.

Either way, good luck with you next, whatever it may be.

Golron

KarelFri 13-Aug-04 12:13 AM
569 posts
#30081, "RE: The farewells"
In response to Reply #7

Problem with showing interest is it would have been against the nature of my character, even if it's what I as a player would have wanted. I liked my choices for weapons and legacies, they always feel "right" to me. Don't know how to explain it, warriors just seem to go bland quickly for me.

Kambolik (Guest)Thu 12-Aug-04 11:17 AM

#30069, "Ohh"
In response to Reply #6

Long time no see....shoot me an email at Gnomereaper@yahoo.com?

Els (Guest)Thu 12-Aug-04 01:42 PM

#30071, "Well.."
In response to Reply #6

I was part of your getting thrown out of the Fortress.. I found the punishment rather harsh, but you did fail to show up during defense and raid (always putting me off with 'I'm on my way'-'I'm busy'); and seemed more busy with ranking than with the Fortress.. At that moment, I kinda had the impression that you did it more for the powers than for the ideal 'the Light'. (at least that is the impression you left with me) However, that impression quickly faded when you were there at every raid we did, and I saw you hunting evils regularly. Still, I think the primary experience kinda spoiled the whole experience. All in all, I thought you knew what you were doing, but if you want to join the Fortress, you'll have to take everything that comes with it. Oh well, I hope your next warrior experiment turns out better than this one - in that you'll be able to become Maran (and I hope you'll not lost interest that soon, you seem quite capable at what you're doing)

Tiahan (Guest)Wed 11-Aug-04 08:59 PM

#30056, "Well err bye."
In response to Reply #0

Well, i liked you. You showed me a lot of new places and gear. I hope you enjoyed Ithiok. I wish you tried to make it back in the Fort, would have been nice to have you back in. Well I hope your next character is more enjoyable, Best of luck on whatever you roll next.

Have a good one.

Calheil (Guest)Wed 11-Aug-04 04:00 AM

#30049, "RE: (DELETED) [None] Ithiok the Merciless Hunter"
In response to Reply #0

Gotta love people who delete once they lose their shiny set. First of two I've gotten to do that to in two days. Apparantly I'm on a roll.

Vlad (Guest)Wed 11-Aug-04 07:50 AM

#30050, "Considering how often he died as a Maran, I doubt highl..."
In response to Reply #1

nt

randomguy (Guest)Wed 11-Aug-04 01:28 PM

#30051, "Considering how shiney that set was, I'm not so sure ab..."
In response to Reply #2

asdf

KarelWed 11-Aug-04 04:02 PM
569 posts
#30054, "RE: (DELETED) [None] Ithiok the Merciless Hunter"
In response to Reply #1

Don't pat yourself on the back, it wasn't you. It wasn't even you who killed me. Warriors don't hold my attention long. Doubt you would have noticed but my times dropped over the last week to *maybe* an hour a day from about the 5 a day before that. I logged on after getting killed, ready to go grab some gear, but I figured why bother investing more time in a character on a downward spiral when I can invest it in one that I'll actually enjoy playing? I certainly had nothing to proe with this character.

Nivek1Thu 12-Aug-04 10:12 AM
655 posts
Click to send email to this author Click to send private message to this author Click to view this author's profile Click to add this author to your buddy list Click to send message via AOL IM
#30067, "I thought Ithiok was decent."
In response to Reply #4

You took being killed pretty well and you were pretty dangerous with what you could dish out. Sorry you didn't enjoy the character as much as you would have liked. I think that if he had held your interest, he could easily have rivaled your past characters.

Good luck on your next one. Out of curiosity, would you mind posting your thoughts your specs/legacy choice?

Thanks,

Nivek

KarelFri 13-Aug-04 12:17 AM
569 posts
#30082, "RE: I thought Ithiok was decent."
In response to Reply #8

No matter how many warriors I play, I always seem to end up using only one spec once I hit hero. I chose dagger and spear and except for maybe two or three times I used daggers to PK and spears to rank. Incarndine wave is a nice legacy, especially with a weapon like daggers or even spear/staff. Harmonious equilibrium seemed to work pretty well except for one thing...no one every really tried to lag me. What use I got out of it was vs mobs.

Top General Discussions The Battlefield Topic #30040 Previous topic | Next topic