Subject: "(DELETED) [None] Xaylen the Secret" Previous topic | Next topic
Printer-friendly copy Email this topic to a friend CF Website
Top General Discussions The Battlefield Topic #29853
Show all folders

Death_AngelWed 04-Aug-04 10:56 AM
Member since 22nd Sep 2024
17176 posts
Click to send email to this author Click to send private message to this author Click to view this author's profile Click to add this author to your buddy list
#29853, "(DELETED) [None] Xaylen the Secret"

Wed Aug 4 10:53:07 2004

At 10 o'clock PM, Day of the Bull, 22nd of the Month of the Grand Struggle
on the Theran calendar Xaylen perished, never to return.

Race:half-elf
Class:thief
Level:47
Alignment:Good
Ethos:Orderly
Cabal:None, None
Hours:130

Alert | IP Printer Friendly copy | Reply | Reply with quote | Top

Reply See ya, Xaylen (Guest), 04-Aug-04 11:19 AM, #1
     Reply Flagging, Zkatholef (Guest), 04-Aug-04 11:28 AM, #2
     Reply Psha, Yakrov (Guest), 04-Aug-04 01:36 PM, #3
     Reply woh, slow down!, Xaylen (Guest), 04-Aug-04 02:13 PM, #4
          Reply Your turn to slow down., Jaded Ranger, 04-Aug-04 06:26 PM, #5
     Reply Well I always enjoyed levelling..., Tinfalan (Guest), 04-Aug-04 09:51 PM, #6
     Reply RE: See ya, Manden, 04-Aug-04 11:58 PM, #7
     Reply RE: See ya, Harstimp (Guest), 05-Aug-04 06:00 AM, #8
     Reply RE: See ya, Tiahan (Guest), 05-Aug-04 08:49 PM, #9
     Reply RE: See ya, Kaplanov (Guest), 06-Aug-04 11:17 AM, #10

Xaylen (Guest)Wed 04-Aug-04 11:19 AM

#29854, "See ya"
In response to Reply #0

Too many people running around trying to squeeze the fun out of this character. Too many mindless 'let's kill first and ask questions later' chars, and I'm not good enough at high-level pk to deal with it (or pk-minded enough to bother with it). The low hp Xaylen had didn't help either.

On a related note, a lot of goodies walk around with a very self-serving attitude, oblivious to anyone else. Try actually 'roleplaying' a goodie, not just acting upon your ooc desires. (Luckily there aren't many like this)

Okay, that's enough gripes already, off to the farewells

TRIBUNAL

First tribunal ever, and it showed . Being a non-conventional thief didn't make that easier either, but that's what I was going for.

All I can think of concerning the Spire are positives, it's been since Warlock that I had the feeling of being in a real Cabal. All very good friends.

Special mention for Harstimp though, we had a lot of fun together, didn't we.

After uninduction I planned to seek the Kara Chal, find inner peace and return, but I'm sure I'd con-died before that. Or if I didn't, it wouldn't turn out much fun anyway, seeing how vulnerable Xaylen was.

FRIENDS

Than I think of Deduslev and Elisdin (Guess I outranked you a bit too fast): was fun hanging around with you.

For anyone else, come pull me by the ear if I forgot you ..

FOES

Nothing negative, no memorable opponent's either, but that's okay.

I knew duergar would be my bane, but there sure are a lot of them about. (they need a bit of down-tweaking (is that even a correct term?) in my opinion)

Outlanders: I fought you because it was my duty. I realise that raiding is hard for you, and that's a true shame.

OTHER

Hipsin: Well, you certainly deserve to be classified under other Cool char, good Kingpin

See you with the next

- Turambar

Zkatholef (Guest)Wed 04-Aug-04 11:28 AM

#29855, "Flagging"
In response to Reply #1

It looked for a short time as if I might get your flag removed from me, and I wasn't even trying to get it removed because I knew I was guilty of breaking the law. However, when I mentioned what had happened to a Provincial Magistrate, his first response was that it wasn't illegal to send a wanted person home when a tribunal attacked them. However, he missed the part where I said it had happened in Hamsah, and once he picked up on that he realised the flag was right. That voker and I are not on good terms anymore though.

Yakrov (Guest)Wed 04-Aug-04 01:36 PM

#29856, "Psha"
In response to Reply #1

Duergars need a tweaking?
Did you like totally fail to see the damage that nasty little light dagger of yours did with your what? 24 damroll?
As much as my axe's did without a vuln? and a decent set of damage gear?
So that makes Duergars like the bestestest race?
And if you have such a problem with them roll a shield pally and go spam some duergars down
*side note* I uhh never knew evils needed a reason to terrorize, torture or otherwise to be cruel..

Xaylen (Guest)Wed 04-Aug-04 02:13 PM

#29859, "woh, slow down!"
In response to Reply #3

First: damage roll means very little, a high avg weapon of a level close to your own, with a high hit roll is where it's at (preferably abusing vulnerability).

Second: very high stats (str/dex/con) and enough wis to give 3 pracs + detect hidden + 100% berserk vs a holy vulnerability that's easily covered (in case of a warrior) and one against light, and there aren't a whole lot of weapons that do that. I'm sure everyone agrees that such is far from a bad bargain.
(Duergar Warrior being the third most rolled combo is sheer coincidence, I'm sure?)

Third: Jeez, don't be so defensive, didn't know it was illegal to have an opinion about things these days*. You jumped on exactly the one sidenote that was of least importance to me.

* Which doesn't even necessarily mean I'm right

Jaded RangerWed 04-Aug-04 06:26 PM
Member since 21st Jul 2004
26 posts
Click to send email to this author Click to send private message to this author Click to add this author to your buddy list
#29861, "Your turn to slow down."
In response to Reply #4

Disclaimer: I agree with you, duergars are a race that's overpowered in comparison to many others, but it is still one that's far from what you have described. See commentary below.

/*
First: damage roll means very little
*/
Not true, get a damage roll in the 40s or 50s and tell me that it does nothing better than the 25 you had. Your MANGLES just became ===OBLITERATES====

/*
, a high avg weapon of a level close to your own, with a high hit roll is where it's at (preferably abusing vulnerability).
*/
This is a silly contradiction of what you say below, if it's to have anything to do with the duergar argument.

/*
Second: very high stats (str/dex/con) and enough wis to give 3 pracs + detect hidden + 100% berserk
*/
This is why people roll them, yes, but not without a payment, as you go on to explain:

/*
vs a holy vulnerability that's easily covered (in case of a warrior) and one against light, and there aren't a whole lot of weapons that do that.
*/
Go find one. If you want to explain to me what a duergar warrior is going to do about being wrathed/beaten down with one of the MANY wrath attack weapons out there, I'll buy your cakes. Otherwise, take a hike with your sale. Their vulnerability to light is also not something to write off. If you'll go play one, you might find yourself dead in a round or two after meeting John C Druid. There are also some weapons that do a nice light attack. Duergars are beat-down-able by some things as much as they can beat-down some other things. Typically, this relationship is them whacking thieves and assassins with things like maces, axes, and bash/pincer/cranial, then getting nerfed by other warriors, druids, paladins, any Maran, and the occasional ranger, and I'm also to believe, some Outlanders.

/*I'm sure everyone agrees that such is far from a bad bargain.
(Duergar Warrior being the third most rolled combo is sheer coincidence, I'm sure?)
*/
I personally agree, but I'm not convinced that anyone cares. If it were up to me personally, their stats would be lower to reflect what we know about duergars in comparison to dwarves (help duergar) (help dwarf) and they would get back that no_dive restriction that they seem to have overcome "en masse". The moral of the story is, go roll something that comes with wrath or sunray, or the easy ability to get a pair of wrath weapons (any warrior) and go beat down all those duergars who drove you crazy by beating on your thief. Then you'll find out what the bane of that sort of character is, and proceed with the vicious cycle that this addictive game brings with it. I suppose you could skip all of that, though, and try to roll the one thing that is grossly unbalanced in CF...but that would put you in the running with 75 other necromancers right now who think they can lich/mummify.

Whatever you decide to do, I truly wish you the best.
-JR

Tinfalan (Guest)Wed 04-Aug-04 09:51 PM

#29865, "Well I always enjoyed levelling..."
In response to Reply #1

So few people to actually rank with me seeing that most maran's are hero's and most villagers are evil heh. Was always cool having you with me in Drow city, hope you enjoy your next character a lot more.

MandenWed 04-Aug-04 11:58 PM
Member since 30th Jul 2004
136 posts
Click to send email to this author Click to send private message to this author Click to view this author's profile Click to add this author to your buddy list
#29867, "RE: See ya"
In response to Reply #1

"After uninduction I planned to seek the Kara Chal, find inner peace and return, but I'm sure I'd con-died before that."

Now that would have been very cool. I don't like it when people delete because they get uninducted but I can understand that it can be very frustrating.

Of course, the REAL reason you were uninducted was because you made me lose all of my 133t gear, but you knew that anyway Unfortunately I can't say I knew you that well so I don't really have much else to say.

Hope you have better luck with your next!

Harstimp (Guest)Thu 05-Aug-04 06:00 AM

#29871, "RE: See ya"
In response to Reply #1

That's a shame, because I liked travelling with you more than pretty much anybody. You had a good sense of humor, and I thought a good sense of duty for a trib. Sorry things worked out the way they did for you. Come back to trib!

Tiahan (Guest)Thu 05-Aug-04 08:49 PM

#29877, "RE: See ya"
In response to Reply #1

Hey, well I thought you had a nice character going on. I wish you had went with your Kara Chal thing it would have been good. I wish I could have hung out with you a bit more to get to know you a little better. I liked what I saw. Best of luck with your next. Oh and I hope I wasn't one of those self-serving goodies either.

- Tiahan.

Kaplanov (Guest)Fri 06-Aug-04 11:17 AM

#29888, "RE: See ya"
In response to Reply #1

You shouldn't have deleted. I know a certain little kitty cat that would have had your back till the end. Oh well. Have fun with your next char buddy.
-Kapy

Top General Discussions The Battlefield Topic #29853 Previous topic | Next topic