Subject: "(DELETED) [OUTLANDER] Rindleblin the Grand Master of Ch..." Previous topic | Next topic
Printer-friendly copy Email this topic to a friend CF Website
Top General Discussions The Battlefield Topic #29624
Show all folders

Death_AngelWed 28-Jul-04 10:36 AM
Member since 22nd Sep 2024
17176 posts
Click to send email to this author Click to send private message to this author Click to view this author's profile Click to add this author to your buddy list
#29624, "(DELETED) [OUTLANDER] Rindleblin the Grand Master of Changelings, Poised Odium of Law"

Wed Jul 28 10:33:21 2004

At 7 o'clock PM, Day of Deception, 23rd of the Month of the Frost Giant
on the Theran calendar Rindleblin perished, never to return.

Race:gnome
Class:shapeshifter
Level:51
Alignment:Neutral
Ethos:Neutral
Cabal:OUTLANDER, the Outlanders of Thar-Eris
Hours:263

Alert | IP Printer Friendly copy | Reply | Reply with quote | Top

Reply Someone else I forgot..., Rindleblin (Guest), 29-Jul-04 06:53 PM, #12
Reply RE: Someone else I forgot..., Kaplanov (Guest), 02-Aug-04 10:00 PM, #15
Reply yeah, it was a phat loot, incognito, 29-Jul-04 07:35 AM, #10
Reply RE: yeah, it was a phat loot, Rindleblin (Guest), 29-Jul-04 06:59 PM, #13
Reply Goodbyes, Rindleblin (Guest), 28-Jul-04 07:27 PM, #1
     Reply Oh and,, Rindleblin (Guest), 28-Jul-04 07:30 PM, #2
     Reply You're Welcome, Lyristeon, 28-Jul-04 08:24 PM, #3
     Reply How refreshing, Quevea (Guest), 28-Jul-04 09:01 PM, #4
     Reply Lemur/Tiger......, Rindleblin (Guest), 28-Jul-04 09:44 PM, #5
     Reply Well, damn., Tjok. (Guest), 28-Jul-04 11:28 PM, #6
     Reply RE: Goodbyes, Ickyllsnic (Guest), 29-Jul-04 05:56 AM, #7
     Reply Icky, Rindleblin (Guest), 30-Jul-04 01:37 AM, #14
     Reply Rind, please read, Massie (Guest), 29-Jul-04 05:58 AM, #8
     Reply RE: Rind, please read, Rindleblin (Guest), 29-Jul-04 07:21 AM, #9
     Reply RE: Evil outlander powers, Marcus_, 29-Jul-04 09:47 AM, #11

Rindleblin (Guest)Thu 29-Jul-04 06:53 PM

#29703, " Someone else I forgot..."
In response to Reply #0

Kaplanov: One of the braver tribunals I remember and one that usually got the better of me. I may have killed you once (or maybe not), but your impaling got me a few times.

Also a correction, the second time I mentioned Traba in my original goodbye thread should have read Tambar.

Kaplanov (Guest)Mon 02-Aug-04 10:00 PM

#29817, "RE: Someone else I forgot..."
In response to Reply #12

It was fun scrapping with you. You always had balls. Good luck with your next.
-Kap

incognitoThu 29-Jul-04 07:35 AM
Member since 04th Mar 2003
4495 posts
Click to add this author to your buddy list
#29660, "yeah, it was a phat loot"
In response to Reply #0

I was pretty annoyed about that for a number of reasons. Mostly at myself because I didn't prep up fully -- I think I used barrier and nothing else. Also because we were tactically poor. The intelligent thing to do would have been to faerie fire you both, pull back, and summon/gank you. But then hindsight is 20-20. I also didn't realise my allies had fled earlier in the spam, and getting insected is what sealed my death. (I quaffed for some unknown reason.)

What really annoyed me though is that I never saw you out of hiding except when hunting with Massie on a full-moon. That's not to say you never were, because from what other people said you obviously were. However, at the time, you stayed hidden for hours. After looting me, you stayed camo for about an hour. Also, plenty of the stuff you took you just couldn't use. I wanted a crack at you to get it back but as I said, I didn't see you out of chamo until it was a full moon and you were with Massie. A druid's hunt is just not pretty on a necro so I decided to wait for a better time to get you and never saw you again.

Rindleblin (Guest)Thu 29-Jul-04 06:59 PM

#29705, "RE: yeah, it was a phat loot"
In response to Reply #10

As far as hiding, I generally didnt play safe, but I also know better than to give an angry an open shot.

On taking stuff I couldn't use, felt a little bad about that, but when I would die to tribunals when I was trying to recover, which happened frequently, I always found an empty corpse, and I generally make my looting decisions based on what a cabal does to me and treat everyone in the cabal the same (Empire usually left stuff for example, so I didnt full loot imperials)

On not seeing me again, that was shortly before my 5 week absence, and you died while I was gone. I did, however, lose all that stuff to laes before I left.

Rindleblin (Guest)Wed 28-Jul-04 07:27 PM

#29632, "Goodbyes"
In response to Reply #0

I started Rinbleblin in March I think, but didnt play for 6 weeks from May to June while I was back in the U.S. (two weeks I didnt have access, 4 weeks I was with my family). Having a break that long, I never played Rindleblin with the same consistency once I returned, though I think I still made some impact. Because of the break I'll Organize my goodbyes into before and after.

Outlanders
Before

Massie: I thought you were an absolute beast and at the time the only outlander to really be afraid of. I though you would have made an excellent Harbinger, but I beleive one of the Imms addressed that in your Farewell thread. I think you deleted right before I started playing again. I was dissapointed to see that, but understand 6 weeks can be a long time.

Therisa: My criticisms of you we had talked about IC (playing style) so won't go into them here. I disagreed with a lot of the posts you and delrmosin made after both of your deletions, but I can understand it would be frustrating to play a hero healer with no one to heal. Thanks for induction.

Others: Dont remeber ineracting that much with anyone else.

Now:

Tjok: You seem like a solid Harbinger to me and I wonder how anyone comes into the woods when you are around, of course I'd say in most instances they don't know.

Craynath: Havnt seen you recently. At times it seemed like we clicked, at times I just screwed everything up. A summoner you can't see can be deadly, but not like we ever got to fight anyone outside of town.

Farzelkep: Thought you came along nicely and was surprised you deleted. I like having druids around as an outlander, especially on the eastern road (I'm not defending the eastern road I am disrupting society dammit).

Maresin: Decent forms you have, and good to have an evil or two in the cabal, though I think they come out on the short end of cabal powers. A bit cautious at times I thought, but not like you have a lot of backup.

Lyriston: Thanks for the Title?

Tribunals:

Before

Traba: I was at least able to make you leave before I left. When I came back and you had your guards with you, I just got owned. Nice timing on the age death

Lemath: Before you were not much of a threat, with guards and a defensive form, there just wasnt much I could do.

Baendra: Got a phat loot from you once. I love insects, even if I cant call em.

After:

Drokalyth: One of the scarier muters I remeber in a while. I never even came close to doing anything to you.

Thalenor: I enjoyed our interatcions and thought you made amazing improvements from the time we started fighting till our last fights.

Odrirg: Got to love an aggressive shaman, but I didnt love rot with 6 con. Think we split on our fights.

Traba and Khyron: Gotta love healers that will sleep in the open without sanc. Actually though Traba seemed like he had come along pretty well and the last few fights I had when he was around i eitehr died or came close. Though traba and thalenor made a nice pair.

Sarayia or something: Sorry for going OOC that once. Don't be in such a hurry to die.

Gurden, Gjourriec, Sehti, some Storm warrior: Fodder

Imperials:

Quevea: You just make things rough. Only imperial I worried about from the current crop when you werent around was Blitzenturt

Laes: How are you still alive?

Blitzenturt: use to have close fights then you had to go get emperor powers and etched pendants and stuff.

Duegar warmaster sword spec: Forgot your name, damn you owned me.

Others: Fear the mob, of course the mob is what being an imperial is all about and how I've played Imperials as well. Only ones I can remeber fighting alone on anything like a regular basis are Blitzenturt and Lothroctred, of course my attention was usually more on tribunals.

Ragers:

Jinroh: You just embarrased me several times.

Dwaren: Seemed ballsy enough

Anyone I forgot, post and I'll respond

Rindleblin (Guest)Wed 28-Jul-04 07:30 PM

#29633, "Oh and,"
In response to Reply #1

Takelten and Vonyx: Both seemed solid, which I had seen more of you though. My playing times were kinda screwy being in Asia and all.

LyristeonWed 28-Jul-04 08:24 PM
Member since 02nd Jan 2004
1282 posts
Click to send email to this author Click to send private message to this author Click to add this author to your buddy list
#29634, "You're Welcome"
In response to Reply #1

I didn't see much of you because of the hours, but, everytime I did, I was happy with your gung-ho attitude. I thought the title was befitting.

Quevea (Guest)Wed 28-Jul-04 09:01 PM

#29637, "How refreshing"
In response to Reply #1

It's honestly very nice to see somebody post about Empire gangs without going off on a tirade about it. I only wish others shared your worldview or, at the very least, actively did something to change things. As for Rindleblin, I can only hope that when I play my next shapeshifter I get a form combo like you had. Lemur/Tiger is pretty sweet IMHO. Not the best, but up there. You were a pain during raid/retrieves, that I know for sure.

Good luck.

Rindleblin (Guest)Wed 28-Jul-04 09:44 PM

#29640, "Lemur/Tiger......"
In response to Reply #4

was definitely more fun than my Jaguar/Anaconda and Alligator/ Anaconda I got with my previous Off/Def shifters, though Alligator rocked when I had it and Jaguar wasnt horrble. Anaconda just never did it for me. Only complaint I had this time around was hare and lemur were redundant, though I would have complained a lot more if I had gotten anaconda again.

Tjok. (Guest)Wed 28-Jul-04 11:28 PM

#29643, "Well, damn."
In response to Reply #1

>
>Tjok: You seem like a solid Harbinger to me and I wonder how
>anyone comes into the woods when you are around, of course I'd
>say in most instances they don't know.
>

See you around. I'm surprised you feel that way (above) given that my memories of fighting with Rindleblin involve logging on, having no fetish with 3-4 Tribunal against us, and me getting the stuffing beat out of me repeatedly in town (and you near perfect health) while we try to retrieve. Thanks for the bursts of courage when you were around.

Ickyllsnic (Guest)Thu 29-Jul-04 05:56 AM

#29656, "RE: Goodbyes"
In response to Reply #1

Shorty!

Had fun with the character and enjoyed what time we did spend together (learning/exploring/trading philosophical (and in my case a lack of philosophical) views. Good luck on whatever you decide to do in the future.

Rindleblin (Guest)Fri 30-Jul-04 01:37 AM

#29725, " Icky"
In response to Reply #7

My favorite memory of Ickyllsnic was the time you voided in organia and the Morning Warrior started his mourning with Poor Icky, then proceeded with the rest (you probably didnt see that beeing that you voided and all). I had though at one point you might pursue Outlanders as well, but guess that didnt quit work out or you changed your mind. We didnt interact that much after my hiatus besides some gearing, but I enjoyed the time we did spend.

Massie (Guest)Thu 29-Jul-04 05:58 AM

#29657, "Rind, please read"
In response to Reply #1

I just read one of your post, saying you're from Asia. Had me wondering which part of asia you're from.

Rindleblin (Guest)Thu 29-Jul-04 07:21 AM

#29659, "RE: Rind, please read"
In response to Reply #8

I'm in Seoul right now.

Marcus_Thu 29-Jul-04 09:47 AM
Member since 04th Mar 2003
681 posts
Click to send email to this author Click to send private message to this author Click to view this author's profile Click to add this author to your buddy list
#29677, "RE: Evil outlander powers"
In response to Reply #1

>> good to have an evil or two in the cabal, though I think they come out on the short end of cabal powers.

Yeah, evils get horribly shortchanged having to trade away beast call for two powers that pretty much suck.. Both have their itty bits of usage, but it's very little - about as good as kick is to a warrior.

Top General Discussions The Battlefield Topic #29624 Previous topic | Next topic