Subject: "(DELETED) [BATTLE] Dwaren the Disciple of Ancient Ways" Previous topic | Next topic
Printer-friendly copy Email this topic to a friend CF Website
Top General Discussions The Battlefield Topic #29252
Show all folders

Death_AngelTue 20-Jul-04 08:50 AM
Member since 27th Sep 2024
17188 posts
Click to send email to this author Click to send private message to this author Click to view this author's profile Click to add this author to your buddy list
#29252, "(DELETED) [BATTLE] Dwaren the Disciple of Ancient Ways"

Sat Jul 10 10:10:18 2004

At 7 o'clock AM, Day of the Sun, 34th of the Month of the Winter Wolf
on the Theran calendar Dwaren perished, never to return.

Race:human
Class:warrior
Level:49
Alignment:Neutral
Ethos:Neutral
Cabal:BATTLE, the BattleRagers, Haters of Magic
Hours:168

Alert | IP Printer Friendly copy | Reply | Reply with quote | Top

Reply RE: (DELETED) [BATTLE] Dwaren the Disciple of Ancient W..., dwaren (Guest), 19-Jul-04 08:20 AM, #11
Reply RE: (DELETED) [BATTLE] Dwaren the Disciple of Ancient W..., Violin (Guest), 19-Jul-04 11:53 AM, #5
Reply RE: (DELETED) [BATTLE] Dwaren the Disciple of Ancient W..., dwaren (Guest), 19-Jul-04 11:34 PM, #7
     Reply RE: (DELETED) [BATTLE] Dwaren the Disciple of Ancient W..., Drox (Guest), 22-Jul-04 02:21 AM, #29
          Reply RE: (DELETED) [BATTLE] Dwaren the Disciple of Ancient W..., dwaren (Guest), 23-Jul-04 04:47 AM, #31
               Reply RE: (DELETED) [BATTLE] Dwaren the Disciple of Ancient W..., Drox (Guest), 23-Jul-04 11:38 AM, #43
                    Reply RE: (DELETED) [BATTLE] Dwaren the Disciple of Ancient W..., dwaren (Guest), 23-Jul-04 12:57 PM, #44
Reply pfft, Daurwyn (Guest), 20-Jul-04 03:25 AM, #9
Reply RE: pfft, Dwaren (Guest), 20-Jul-04 12:30 PM, #12
Reply That's odd., Felar Serpent (Guest), 20-Jul-04 06:46 AM, #10
Reply RE: That's odd., dwaren (Guest), 20-Jul-04 12:34 PM, #13
Reply Lemur/Tiger, Rindleblin (Guest), 20-Jul-04 07:09 PM, #14
Reply RE: Lemur/Tiger, dwaren (Guest), 21-Jul-04 07:35 AM, #16
     Reply RE: Lemur/Tiger, Rindleblin (Guest), 21-Jul-04 06:36 PM, #25
          Reply RE: Lemur/Tiger, dwaren (Guest), 23-Jul-04 04:50 AM, #32
Reply Big dissapointment, Elijsie (Guest), 21-Jul-04 02:39 AM, #15
Reply RE: Big dissapointment, dwaren (Guest), 21-Jul-04 08:23 AM, #17
Reply Hiding is half the game at hero, Iborenn (Guest), 21-Jul-04 09:26 AM, #18
Reply RE: Hiding is half the game at hero, dwaren (Guest), 23-Jul-04 04:57 AM, #33
Reply RE: (DELETED) [BATTLE] Dwaren the Disciple of Ancient W..., Drox (Guest), 21-Jul-04 11:10 AM, #19
Reply The difference:, Elte (Guest), 21-Jul-04 03:12 PM, #21
Reply Thank you, Iborenn (Guest), 21-Jul-04 04:16 PM, #22
Reply RE: The difference:, Drox (Guest), 22-Jul-04 02:13 AM, #28
     Reply RE: The difference:, dwaren (Guest), 23-Jul-04 06:12 AM, #35
Reply forget morals, Daurwyn (Guest), 21-Jul-04 05:48 PM, #24
Reply RE: forget morals, Drox (Guest), 22-Jul-04 02:07 AM, #27
     Reply RE: forget morals, dwaren (Guest), 23-Jul-04 06:53 AM, #36
     Reply Honestly, Hoffy (Guest), 23-Jul-04 07:42 AM, #41
     Reply In short, you sicken me., Nivek1, 23-Jul-04 09:36 AM, #42
Reply RE: (DELETED) [BATTLE] Dwaren the Disciple of Ancient W..., dwaren (Guest), 23-Jul-04 05:50 AM, #34
Reply Sour grapes, Quevea (Guest), 21-Jul-04 01:18 PM, #20
Reply Yes, yes we know your log on times..., Randomthought (Guest), 21-Jul-04 04:18 PM, #23
Reply RE: Yes, yes we know your full of it, Wojif (Guest), 21-Jul-04 10:08 PM, #26
Reply RE: Yes, yes we know your full of it, dwaren (Guest), 23-Jul-04 07:07 AM, #39
Reply dont post #### like this on my thread, dwaren (Guest), 23-Jul-04 07:05 AM, #38
Reply re: Sour grapes, dwaren (Guest), 23-Jul-04 07:03 AM, #37
Reply Sure thing, Laes (Guest), 22-Jul-04 06:49 AM, #30
     Reply RE: Sure thing, dwaren (Guest), 23-Jul-04 07:12 AM, #40
Reply RE: (DELETED) [BATTLE] Dwaren the Disciple of Ancient W..., Kraethal (Guest), 18-Jul-04 09:18 PM, #2
Reply RE: (DELETED) [BATTLE] Dwaren the Disciple of Ancient W..., dwaren (Guest), 19-Jul-04 08:22 AM, #3
     Reply RE: (DELETED) [BATTLE] Dwaren the Disciple of Ancient W..., Kraeth (Guest), 19-Jul-04 07:01 PM, #6
          Reply RE: (DELETED) [BATTLE] Dwaren the Disciple of Ancient W..., dwaren (Guest), 20-Jul-04 12:17 AM, #8
Reply Too bad, Shalisa (Guest), 17-Jul-04 11:03 PM, #1
     Reply RE: Too bad, dwaren (Guest), 19-Jul-04 08:26 AM, #4

dwaren (Guest)Tue 20-Jul-04 08:50 AM

#29375, "RE: (DELETED) [BATTLE] Dwaren the Disciple of Ancient W..."
In response to Reply #0

Well, its like this.
One on one, cool, two on one cool, three on one cool, i was taking groups near all the time, just for the fact that carrionfields has become a mud of who can get the best gang together. There are a few people that go out solo, but other than that, they are truly only few anymore. I chose surrounding the sunrise for that purpose, and was truly eager for that legacy, but i would have fights, like the one where the five empirials got me at the felars, where it didnt stop even a single person from hitting me. Actually I give it about a 25% effectiveness, so that legacy was a waste, and didnt accomplish really anything, though it was interesting when it worked during a few raids on the empire at the council of four.
My second legacy kicked ass, the furious drive, works often enough to be used.
A case in point, at the village i got there after the destructor died because i couldnt walk from the crimson scourge. Laes Quevea Drox and Lotho i think it was? I trashed them all solo, didnt matter because they all got away, and came back in an even BIGGER group to kill one person (this time without battlerager powers) This game has literally gotten rediculous over the past about two years, just worse and worse, and truly i am only playing carrionfields because i have nothing else better to do. I cant work on my own mud just for the fact I am in afghanistan, and really cant get on my comp eh.
This is the third time i am going to say this over my time on carrionfields, you can do it as a skill or as anything, but i put it up as a skill called focus. Every char can practice it. The more they fight against, the better they fight, the more focused they are. In retrospect, the others get a penalty, relying on numbers instead of training/etc. The further you get from 3 against one, the worse it is. This gives the person being super-ganked a 1, better chance of getting away and not thinking this game is just retarded (i mean damn, what happened to the days we would see near 100 people on? and damn, i have seen times with as little as less than 20 of late) A person that is forced to face six on one (summon and gank) etc will have a great chance to take down at least one of them before he dies. Of course ####, you suck enough to have to face six on one, then they deserve to die.

This is turning into a rant, I am sorry everyone, but bear with me. I will get to goodbyes and so forth.

What pissed me off the greatest about this char, is what people would do. My pk, which i often check, i would see no empirials. Then i would see quevea and drox log on, or the bard and others, and in the time it takes me to heal from being hurt to fully healed, i would have four empirial hero-near hero in my range. If one, such as drox, logged on, often i would head to the empirial lands to fight them. They were usually logged back off before i got either to the vanquisher, or long before the vanquisher was dead. (dont give me #### that its because I am a battlerager. Five minutes gets me stoneskin, shield, aura, haste, ironskin, spiderhands, imperial defense. Most of the time alot of those isnt even needed to take out a villager) No drox, I am not sorry for bashing your char the most here, and you quevea, but you were the worst about it. Another time i went to raid the empire, the bard logged on. By the time I was done bloodthirsting about the empirial lands/vanquisher, etc chasing the bard, the healer logged on. By the time (after I got to sleep, which really didnt matter) vandryn logged on. This is after hours of no empirials. Its truly sad. I am not accusing you of cheating, although what you do is very, very shady, my char even as he was could not deal with mass/logins and gangs of six.

Now, as for farewells.

Kraethal. I knew one of your past chars just by looking at your name, and i thought #### man, you didnt do that. I didnt associate with you the greatest amount at first just because of that, but your still out slingin it man, despite the #### that happens. PS. Skill does matter, hence why I WAS able to fight bigger groups eh? heh

Fire giant axe/whip spec: Nim something? Damnit sorry about forgetting your name. I enjoyed travelling with you. Sorry you didnt make it to the rites man, the rites are fun. I have been a part of quite a few over the years Hope you get to be part of the next man.

umm.. Shalisa. Up and comming assassin of battle. Do me a favor, assassinating is a truly cheap and ####ty way of killing people, all one hit wonders are, but so is killing people six to one, five to one etc, so get at least a few cheap kills for me. Other than that I liked ya eh

hmm. JHLODVIR! Had me laughing my ass off that that was your warcry too, etc. But whn i deleted i still hadnt interacted with you much. Hack away man

umm.. Drow sword spec hero defender. Damn i forgot your name too. You have held out for a long time, of all the battleragers you fight the smartest (knowing when to fight, and saying uhh, no. and finding a place to hide) Sneaking helps soo much for that.

I am forgetting alot of people, but dont worry, I will be responding.

Empire.
There wasnt anyone of you that was able to fight even three to one against me I think. I took down so many gangs it was sad (telling me you truly rely on great numbers). EXCEPTIONS FURTHER.

Drow dagger spec: At least you did try fighting before quitting eh.

Lothorsomethingorother. Forgot your name too man, but lotho for short eh. You are the only empirial that i have seen, in this chars short and brief life, and with the char that i have now, to do anything at all really. I see you on when there are no other empirials and when there are many, i see you alone often, even with the gangs, though of late you have been closer with them. You have killed me one on one, etc. I am sorry there in balator we took all your things, but on eastern I did leave all of yours in return, and i think another time i killed you after balator? either alone or during raid situation, cant remember, where all your things were left too. I did feel bad about it, but it does happen. Heh, and yes, that was the only time in my chars life where my corpse wasnt empty

No other empirials deserve mention.
actually wojif. How the hell did you become war master? Your easier to take down than even vandryn/drox. Actually every blade.

maran - Every now and then a maran would come to the village to challenge nimril. After I got to hero range, I near never saw any of you, so the only interactions i had with most of you was :The day I can strike you and you seek war at my village, i will kill you, or some such like that.

hmm, oh yeah, rakk (aka easy meat) Gee, maran heroes are raiding the empire (after the hero empirials mass-log off i might add) Young empirials are there. I cant harm any the maran, do you think i am just gonna say well. Maran are waiting, so I will wait patiently for them to finish so I can then go get my head, and for now mazrak gets to sit inside and live? #### that, i went right inside and killed mazlare sorry, mangled his name, at the throne room. When you wrote that note to the battle imm about that I was laughing. I wrote a note to you both again yer damn right I did it, and i will do it again (and did) If I cant kill any of them, or if the one i can fight is say, a paladin and not a mage, it is not going to stop me from getting my head back or killing enemies. Complain away.

umm.. outlander lemur/tiger. I told you about my dwarven ancestry, you decided as dwarf i was enemy. That was a close fight between us, even though neither of us fell. I was surprised i fared that well between both your forms. I hate barrier hehehe.

umm. Lawmen.

Lackeys to anyone that would help you with anyhing really. If I didnt see two or three of you within a short period, wouldnt see any of you for long.

Zemjus. I am freshly no longer a ghost, had just ducked near the group of six empirials and was pretty sure i wasnt seen. Was completely naked just to buy two longswords from grime and a spiky green bracer. After seein that and knowing we didnt have the head you had the guts to come fight me one on one. Duh? As I said, you had an interesting time to suddenly become brave. And being on for roughly six hours a day +, whenever you logged on and was alone, you never stayed on that i saw for more than a few minutes.

Scarabs - just saw you become scarab arthakar. What happened to scions you were trying to join for a long time? hmm. That shaman - luc or whatever. Whats worse than being so weak you must have thieves do tha hard work for you, before you fight?

solo peoples:
umm.. derafhac. We had a few run ins. Haste/superhaste makes a HUGE difference dont it. hehe. I was like, ouch, cussing myself for attempting to disarm when you have an arcane with you, etc. Hehe

Anyone else that responds to this, or anywhere on the thread, i will respond to. See ya in the fields.

Violin (Guest)Mon 19-Jul-04 11:53 AM

#29385, "RE: (DELETED) [BATTLE] Dwaren the Disciple of Ancient W..."
In response to Reply #11

To set you straight, anyone you beat one on one, well, you're kind of supposed to. 1) You have a sanctuary 2) You have a deathblow 3) You have spellbane 4) You can choose to thirst(haste/maladiction removal).

That enables you, or should enable you, to beat 75 percent of your opponents one on one. That's why, when you have the Head, you get the groups of 2, the groups of 3, and well if they have it a group of six.

You aren't badass, though your post would indicate you believe it with how everyone else sucks but you beat down groups of 4 like cake. I can put someone in the category of perhaps a badass when they stick it out to hero and still make a dent at that range. You, upon reaching the range, deleted shortly after.

Kudos on that. Come back to Earth.

dwaren (Guest)Mon 19-Jul-04 11:34 PM

#29399, "RE: (DELETED) [BATTLE] Dwaren the Disciple of Ancient W..."
In response to Reply #5

Not countin the ranks of 20 and below (for practicing) i spent about half the chars life at hero ranks.
2. Most of my solo against group killings were at hero ranks.
3. Non battleragers have a. Invoker shields (at times) barrier (if mage, and if frisky non mage) shield stoneskin aura haste enhanced haste enlarge reduce minor ward healing equipment casting equipment (though good idea to remove against villagers) if empirial then also empirial defense, and the list goes on, and believe me there are ways at hero to get everything from added hps/ strength/ con/ int wis etc for every fight with ease as well hit/dam etc, that villagers cannot. Yes, the fact that I eat villagers for breakfast because I do prepare makes battleragers so sick, even with deathblow. I have had previous battleragers taken out by lone warriors just because they prepared and worked hard for their character to be successful.
As for thirst, please thirst on me.

As for beating 75% of opponents one on one, ask lotho how to do it with style and grace (even if a bit painful) aka balator.
The only reason they come at me with that many is (not all of them mind you) they dont bother to do a char that amounts to anything. They make a char to gang people, period. I remember war masters that could handle their own against anything. Healers that were feared. Shamans that could hold their own and win (duergars at that) against three paladins.
Damn now those were fierce days
As for now, they dont prepare, they do nothing but log on, log off if noone, stay on if others.

As for me not being a badass. My non battleragers are always more badass than my battleragers, just because things are much, much more easier to survive with them, and in quite a few situations easier to kill with them. You want a badass though? Comming right up.

Drox (Guest)Thu 22-Jul-04 02:21 AM

#29474, "RE: (DELETED) [BATTLE] Dwaren the Disciple of Ancient W..."
In response to Reply #7

Logging on or off depending on the pendulum is nasty and hurts the mud, but other than that, I think its a matter of taste and role. If you enjoy making uber characters who are tough alone and travel alone, great, but don't complain when they get beat down by people who like to make average characters who work well together IC and hunt together IC.

dwaren (Guest)Fri 23-Jul-04 04:47 AM

#29493, "RE: (DELETED) [BATTLE] Dwaren the Disciple of Ancient W..."
In response to Reply #29

Logging on or off depending on the pendulum is nasty and hurts the mud, but other than that, I think its a matter of taste and role. If you enjoy making uber characters who are tough alone and travel alone, great, but don't complain when they get beat down by people who like to make average characters who work well together IC and hunt together IC

-- How can you say that is even a matter of taste? And a matter of role? Is the role of your character to do that? Truthfully if it were I doubt that at this moment you would be an empirial still.
I have a question for you Drox. Dont you want, at least one time, to have a char that alone can make or break, alone, the tide of battles as soon as he wakes? Someone that means something to the mud, to others, has their respect, etc, or is it you want nothing but characters that truly mean nothing to anyone and to the mud, that when people think of your chars they think of them as wastes, characters that may as well not exist without the helping hand of others to give your char any meaning at all?

Drox (Guest)Fri 23-Jul-04 11:38 AM

#29509, "RE: (DELETED) [BATTLE] Dwaren the Disciple of Ancient W..."
In response to Reply #31

I've definitely had those characters, though not in a while. They were a blast. The mud has changed in the last few years and I haven't been playing so I'm not as good as I was, and don't have the time to get that good again, since I'm going to be on a boat for the next 6 months - 2 years after wednesday. My most fun even with those characters was when I was fighting in big groups. I love cabal raids and defending.

Haven't you ever wanted to play a character who wasn't an uber pker but still had fun and occasionally brings down uber pkers through timing and patience and allies? They can be a blast too. And it doesn't mean they mean nothing to anyone. Its a matter of taste. Look at Herald. Not that I have ever played one, but I don't think they have less fun than uber pkers.

dwaren (Guest)Fri 23-Jul-04 12:57 PM

#29511, "RE: (DELETED) [BATTLE] Dwaren the Disciple of Ancient W..."
In response to Reply #43

I had taken up about a year off and more since my last char, then came back, that was about a month ago? Not even?
I dont remember where alot of things are, I do know where some preps are still, and have found an aura (through my current char) thats fairly easily gotten, but I kill someone, use the best of their things, and I am usually good to go irreguardless.

As for being in a boat for the next six months - 2 years, sorry man. It sucks ass.

You wrote: Haven't you ever wanted to play a character who wasn't an uber pker but still had fun and occasionally brings down uber pkers through timing and patience and allies? They can be a blast too. And it doesn't mean they mean nothing to anyone. Its a matter of taste. Look at Herald. Not that I have ever played one, but I don't think they have less fun than uber pkers

-- Yes. I dont practice up with all my chars. My one conjurer I ever had I never practiced a single spell with, of course, since demons and devils and everything else they call up comes with 100% in every skill and hit/dam that is average to better than average for a warrior of the same rank, it isnt needed. Shapeshifters I dont, bards dont unless I have nothing better to do, since sing will perfect on its own. Thieves depending on their guild, but usually no. Just my warriors.

I have played herald, had fun when the inn was full and stories going on, bored other times, usually when I was there alone or with that one orc in there that never said anything. At least to me. Nazgauga I think?

You made one other comment: to bringing down people through timing and patience and allies. Timing and patience yes, as well as planning, terrain, etc. As far as allies, no. I dont have fun raping someone five to one. In battleragers, the tablet speaks, when many to the enemies one, surround him and annihilate him, or something like that. Speaking greatly of destroy him utterly, it does not say you must do it with honor, so yes, the battleragers I could see ganging, I do not, however, see them doing it five to one, or they would find me killing them too.

Daurwyn (Guest)Tue 20-Jul-04 03:25 AM

#29407, "pfft"
In response to Reply #11

5 minutes to gather all those preps? Good luck.

Dwaren (Guest)Tue 20-Jul-04 12:30 PM

#29416, "RE: pfft"
In response to Reply #9

allright. Haste wasnt there, but stone skin, shield, and 2 protection in 7 minutes. Two other haste spots I know of that can be gotten as well, but didnt check.
PS. Villagers not having flight does suck

Felar Serpent (Guest)Tue 20-Jul-04 06:46 AM

#29410, "That's odd."
In response to Reply #11

' arthakar. What happened to scions you were trying to join for a long time? '

Arthakar lost his interest in the Chasm's knowledge well over 30 years ago from his own perspective, after discovering something he considered to be much more 'higher' than that. I'd say you're a little behind the times there.

I have to ask however, did you know Arthakar with one of your previous characters? For I don't remember ever speaking with Dwaren, although I have certainly seen him around on occasion. I hope you're willing to clarify a little.

dwaren (Guest)Tue 20-Jul-04 12:34 PM

#29417, "RE: That's odd."
In response to Reply #10

an older character. I remember you having seeking the chasm for a long time, always wanting to learn, etc, and for a while, I had, back then, considered you a student (hence also why I believe your character VERY old) So yes, I know your char as well from a different vantage point, although, a very old vantage point. I'm just trying to figure out what was the change

And sorry for not duelling your ram/serpent, wasnt in the condition to fight you immediately. After resting up, you were gone from osgelah heh. Fought the eagle/lion lawman and won without the head, but damn that hurt, wanted to be fully rested for a ram.

Rindleblin (Guest)Tue 20-Jul-04 07:09 PM

#29424, "Lemur/Tiger"
In response to Reply #11

Seemed like you wanted to fight so figured I would oblige. Even If I had gone straight Lemur that fight, I am always hesitant to fight ragers without using barrier, and I really need the tiger to land a kill. Basically with tiger, tiger w barrier vs warrior tiger wins, tiger w/o barrier vs warrior, warrior wins.

dwaren (Guest)Wed 21-Jul-04 07:35 AM

#29446, "RE: Lemur/Tiger"
In response to Reply #14

dunno, I loved using lemur to fight warrior kinds. Took forever, but dang they are hard to hit heh

Rindleblin (Guest)Wed 21-Jul-04 06:36 PM

#29464, "RE: Lemur/Tiger"
In response to Reply #16

It gets hit often enough to make you think twice about fighting a rager w/o barrier, at least if you plan on hanging around for a prolong fight imho

dwaren (Guest)Fri 23-Jul-04 04:50 AM

#29494, "RE: Lemur/Tiger"
In response to Reply #25

eh, I didnt fight many berserkers with mine, so most likely true. Also warriors didnt have enhanced reactions back then too
just seems to me of all the offensive forms, tiger is easiest to dodge/parry.

PS. last two shapeshifters I had that were offense, one had the massive alligator, which, after wanting an offensive form I deleted, and the other was a tiger. My fox outperformed it greatly, and stuck with it almost every fight eh

Elijsie (Guest)Wed 21-Jul-04 02:39 AM

#29440, "Big dissapointment"
In response to Reply #11

for as much as you boasted about yourself, you were a great berserker. I had you pegged for General or some high position. I hope you dont think I was riding your ass I just wanted to see you succeed and pop your head at the same time. I saw some logs on Dio's that made me think twice about you in some respects. By you deleting to me just shows you were in it for the Rites which is what I expected by the rate atwhich you ranked. Good luck with the next. Go battle!

dwaren (Guest)Wed 21-Jul-04 08:23 AM

#29447, "RE: Big dissapointment"
In response to Reply #15

heh. I deleted before the rights, and actually had every intention of joining, it, but that char wasnt doing it for me. As for my char, my reasons for deleting are in my original post. the rate I was levelling wasnt that fast. I hit fifty hours before level 20. After that levelling was very easy. Happens when you perfect weapons (or near so).
I was taking elves in eregion at level 22 without dificulty. Got to 31 that day. Got to 37 the next, and fourty the next and hung out there practicing my hand skills. I have gotten others to hero in the time it took for my char to reach 20 to fourty, though that has only happened over weekends or such, when I can spend 24 hours on straight hardcore, and get lucky enough to get groups . Also keep in mind, that I am on for hours at a time, if nothing else than just for the plain fact I can get all my work done in a day and play carrionfields at the same time.
heh
Also, didnt have much doubt that sticking it out, I could have made something of myself. I know i was already being watched (thank you rakk) and I know my char could handle myself. I had 17 con with 2 trains, and could have put it to max if I levelled one more rank, and then had another train from level 50.
Making commander was something I wanted to do, I have only had one commander, though a few titled, and only one on the pillar. Thought it was two, but oh well. Just like when I had khalizad, I had warmasters before, #### all sect leaders, but never emporer, and man did I want that hehe. things werent just going the way I wanted with the character personally, scrapped him, and onto the next. That one is really boring me, so started the next, not sure if I am going to play the other again.
Anyway, I have another char in the fields, so gonna go ahead and bring em on and wreak havok and malice

Iborenn (Guest)Wed 21-Jul-04 09:26 AM

#29448, "Hiding is half the game at hero"
In response to Reply #11

Waiting is the other half =P
You seemed a bit green at times, so I tried to show you some hiding places and things
I agree on most of your statements about gangs CF has changed alittle
*but not much, gangs have always been there*
*Oh and preps sadly do not take just 5 minutes to get *sigh* if it where only that easy*
Good look on your next

dwaren (Guest)Fri 23-Jul-04 04:57 AM

#29495, "RE: Hiding is half the game at hero"
In response to Reply #18

Trust me, I know places to hide. I also know places quite a few I garauntee dont know about, so dont worry about that.

Yes, I know, gangs have always been there, but even at first, happened, four to one was rare, five to one and more never seen save at raids, six on one now happens, seven on one now at raids, etc. If you get my point heh.

And yes, preps dont take long. I timed it with a char that now no longer exists. I posted it on daurwyns(sp) thread. #### if you want a potion thats hard to get, go for anti magic aura, then complain of time for it

Drox (Guest)Wed 21-Jul-04 11:10 AM

#29449, "RE: (DELETED) [BATTLE] Dwaren the Disciple of Ancient W..."
In response to Reply #11

I never understand why people brag about how they can wipe the floor with you one on one, and at the same time get pissed off that you won't fight them one on one. Do they expect you to just come get your ass kicked over and over?

Is there some moral superiority to being powerful independent rather than powerful through teamwork?

I like fighting with big armies. It takes a whole different kind of skill than one on one. 5 on 5 is much more fun than 1 on 1 for me. It always nice to have character who can handle 3 or 4 other opponents, but its also fun to play a character who is generally the underdog, but through chosing when to fight and when not to and cultivating important allies generally wins fights.

A lot of people think ganging=bad. Ganging is coded in the mud. Its part of the strategy. Its fun. It takes team work. If you are in the army or whatever, you should know this.

And I don't remember there ever being a time without gangs, since the purge.

But with the way classes can work together right now, its pretty cool. Drox was weak one on one, though he still managed to kill sometimes. But he could handle 5(and sometimes kill) or more with one good ally.

Not every role is about courage and honor. So your flames just tell me I did good.

Elte (Guest)Wed 21-Jul-04 02:18 PM

#29454, "The difference:"
In response to Reply #19
Edited on Wed 21-Jul-04 03:12 PM

Moderator: De-flamed.

>Is there some moral superiority to being powerful independent rather than powerful through teamwork?

Yes.

You blame your inability to fight well solo on your character, a duergar sword/hand. Your character is fine. You're just not good at fighting so you take advantage of imperial numbers.

- LT

Iborenn (Guest)Wed 21-Jul-04 04:16 PM

#29457, "Thank you"
In response to Reply #21

You said What I couldn't without flaming the hell out of his ass

Drox (Guest)Thu 22-Jul-04 02:13 AM

#29473, "RE: The difference:"
In response to Reply #21

I do not blame my inability to fight on my race/class. Blitzenturt does great. I blame it on my lack of knowledge of the game and lack of discipline when it comes to practicing skills and gathering preps. But I made up for it, to some extent, through having powerful allies, being a powerful ally and learning to run, which was more fun for me than practicing or solo-exploring. But people hate that strategy(OOC) or look down on it and I don't think there is anything wrong with it. In fact I think it can be quite good to fit a role.

dwaren (Guest)Fri 23-Jul-04 06:12 AM

#29498, "RE: The difference:"
In response to Reply #28

I do not blame my inability to fight on my race/class. Blitzenturt does great. I blame it on my lack of knowledge of the game and lack of discipline when it comes to practicing skills and gathering preps.

-- And you will, as well, never learn like this

But I made up for it, to some extent, through having powerful allies, being a powerful ally and learning to run, which was more fun for me than practicing or solo-exploring.

-- Actually.. no.. you are not a powerful ally. You allies make you powerful enough to matter. Not to be cruel about that or anything man, without a healer with you, it didnt matter how many you had with you, like the five blades raiding the village, I could harm you and vandryn. Didnt matter there were two of you, and that you both had 9 levels or so on me eiter

But people hate that strategy(OOC) or look down on it and I don't think there is anything wrong with it. In fact I think it can be quite good to fit a role

-- Because you dont get better. Your character in the end still amounts to nothing. People, like me, think of you with pity, as well wonder how you could have any fun with playing the way you do?
I dont practice eup with every single char Ihave. I do my warriors, just for the fact that I tank better, tank them better, and if sword spec, riposte gets pulled off more, etc, I hit them more often because I know their weapon just as well as mine, etc. Is it necessary? No. It helps to an extent, but you dont have to practice at all with your char. But not knowing preps/areas/etc isnt an excuse to not learn

Daurwyn (Guest)Wed 21-Jul-04 05:48 PM

#29462, "forget morals"
In response to Reply #19

There is superiority if you CAN win solo where another cannot, depending on class.

Ganging is fine, imho, for one of two reasons. Either you can kill without a gang, and demonstrate this on a fairly regular basis, or you are a newb, and thus should not be expected to be able to kill solo.

Other than that, there is only one more option I can think of:

- that being that you cannot kill without a gang, but are not a newb.

So in summary, ganging is fine, but if you need a gang, you are inferior to someone that does not.

Drox (Guest)Thu 22-Jul-04 02:07 AM

#29472, "RE: forget morals"
In response to Reply #24

True, but don't leave out the skill it takes to work well with a team, cultivate allies, etc. Dwaren was complaining about groups escaping from him, then returning with bigger groups and killing him. He seems to think this is unfair or wrong. I think it makes perfect sense and if you can stop thinking that fighting solo is all that matters, and start thinking about how your going to win the war against magic for example, then you would put work into cultivating allies and learning to fight together. That's what Cabals are in a sense. And I think the rager cabal is well designed for teamwork since the changes. It seems to me these skills are more important than being good at fight solo. I can put time into finding haste and aura potions, or I can put time into helping a like-minded healer gain ranks, or a like-minded necromancer gather his quest items. I prefer the latter and it has its advantages and disadvantages(Ideally I'd have the time for both).

If your outnumbered and can't beat them, cultivate allies.

"So in summary, ganging is fine, but if you need a gang, you are inferior to someone that does not."

True, and if you need a gang, and don't have one, you're inferior to someone who does. And Dwaren, eventhough he was could take small groups, did need allies.

dwaren (Guest)Fri 23-Jul-04 06:53 AM

#29499, "RE: forget morals"
In response to Reply #27

I didnt complain about groups escaping me, to be honest, whenever I went after some, like mazlare, rakk, and the other blade that was together on eastern road, I expected to die. Too many people that play like you heh. Is it unfair that I can do this? No. Because they have the ability to do the same, they just, like you, dont even try.
Does it truly make any sense to you, that you have to pile five and six people together, just to kill one? Does that make any sense at all to you?

And no, being able to fight together in groups relies heavily on a healer kind, or personal ability of each involved. You mentioned yourself, your personal ability is minimal, and I did say before, much the ability of your groups was the healer or others.

You wrote: I can put time into finding haste and aura potions, or I can put time into helping a like-minded healer gain ranks, or a like-minded necromancer gather his quest items. I prefer the latter and it has its advantages and disadvantages(Ideally I'd have the time for both).

-- Yes, put it into imperial politics. You can either be used, and willingly, to be a puppet to them, literally, have a low status in your sect or be anathema(which even as khalizad, when empire was on the downside, I made one anathema for doing just as you were), or show off that you can handle your own, be able to manipulate them with your ability, knowledge, and political ability and make something of your char. (ideally you would like both. As far as the empire is concerned, I would definately take the latter)

Hoffy (Guest)Fri 23-Jul-04 07:42 AM

#29504, "Honestly"
In response to Reply #27

Your skill involves trip trip trip, bash bash bash. say Wheres all the good eq?

Good job bro!

Nivek1Fri 23-Jul-04 09:36 AM
Member since 04th Mar 2003
655 posts
Click to send email to this author Click to send private message to this author Click to view this author's profile Click to add this author to your buddy list Click to send message via AOL IM
#29506, "In short, you sicken me."
In response to Reply #27

The skill it takes to cultivate alliances? I can take any non-battle duergar warrior at any rank, ask any evil summoner/healer if they want to PK people, and 9 times out of 10, they will say yes. You aren't talking about skill in cultivating alliances. Cultivating alliances is on a much higher level than the what you are doing. Please don't pretty up the term "ganging" by calling it "cultivating allies."

Ganging is fine - I've gotten into the habit of doing it with my curent character. Make no bones about it, though, I will take any one-on-one fight I can get. People see me gang, but people also know that I can and will fight alone. Ganging as part of a role? Sure. But you are definitely going to have to be prepared for the IC and OOC ####storm you are bringing down on yourself.

Cabals are a stew, but it is the individuals who make up the cabals that make that stew flavorful. From what you say of Drox's actions, you're just a face, man. From this point forward, if I log on and see Drox as my only opponent, I am certainly not going to be cowering in fear, even if I'm a half-naked gnome thief. You are not feared by your enemies. You are bland, tasteless.

Having good teamwork is in no way, shape or form better than having good solo skills. The simple fact being, you are not always going to have a team. You log on and there are two defenders at the Chasm guarding your item. Is Drox going to attempt to retreive his item? Probably not. Gotta have back-up, gotta have support. In my not-so-humble opinion, your time would be much better spent finding preps, for the same reason I listed above. What are you going to do without that healer or transmuter?

As for your last comment, "If your outnumbered and can't beat them, cultivate allies," you are certainly not outnembered and yet you still can't beat them. What's the extension of this statement? If you're numbered and can't beat them, and can't cultivate allies...... what, log off? Log-on your other character, the one with a lot of allies on right now?

I'm not even going to go into addressing your other post, my reply would probably just get deflamed like Timmy's. Like it or not, your stance on ganging has just pained a big red bullseye on Drox's back. It's the way the world works.

My advice to you is to take some time to learn how to PK alone. All of your future characters will thank you for it.

dwaren (Guest)Fri 23-Jul-04 05:50 AM

#29497, "RE: (DELETED) [BATTLE] Dwaren the Disciple of Ancient W..."
In response to Reply #19

I never understand why people brag about how they can wipe the floor with you one on one, and at the same time get pissed off that you won't fight them one on one. Do they expect you to just come get your ass kicked over and over?

-- No, I do expect you to, however, learn, grow, explore.

Is there some moral superiority to being powerful independent rather than powerful through teamwork?

-- The beaches of normandy. America and the allied forces had numbers, and believe me, numbers enough that the death toll was the worst in history. America and its allies had the manpower to yes, eventually win, and weaponry that the enemy forces had as of yet seen.
As said, yeah, america and the allied armies won through nothing but manpower, but tell me, was america or its allied counterparts proud of that vicory in any manner? Was it even a real victory?
All it is, is sad.

I like fighting with big armies. It takes a whole different kind of skill than one on one. 5 on 5 is much more fun than 1 on 1 for me. It always nice to have character who can handle 3 or 4 other opponents, but its also fun to play a character who is generally the underdog, but through chosing when to fight and when not to and cultivating important allies generally wins fights.

-- It doesnt realy take a different kind of skill at all.

A lot of people think ganging=bad. Ganging is coded in the mud. Its part of the strategy. Its fun. It takes team work. If you are in the army or whatever, you should know this.

-- I am in the army, and in afghanistan at the moment. A great amount of our training is squad level and less sized forces against greater. Do you know why? The bigger, the easier to spot, the more one grenade can take out. The army trains for war with gourilla tactics, call it standard army training, and insult what the taliban are doing. Heh, while I think that funny, its true. While it does not condone, and even does train, in such things as a squad sized elements to properly engage an entrenched machine gunner, etc through teamwork, it is enforced that you travel in lesser numbers than greater.

And I don't remember there ever being a time without gangs, since the purge.

-- I dont remember a time without gangs period myself.

But with the way classes can work together right now, its pretty cool. Drox was weak one on one, though he still managed to kill sometimes. But he could handle 5(and sometimes kill) or more with one good ally.

-- Actually that one good ally, for you, would have to be a healer with black aura. And to put it more truthfully, it isnt your skill that allows you kill multiple foes with him, its the healers. All you have to do is rescue him if necessary, or flurry away, disarm, or drive an invoker with the legacy, etc. The healer does the work of keeping you alive, and him, protected, cursing the opponents at the best time, etc.

Not every role is about courage and honor. So your flames just tell me I did good

-- No, but in counterpoint, there should be no role that says, "If I log on, and I have little to no aid, I am going to log off, or as for an empirial blade, more importantly, I will show the strength and might of the blade, as being the best sect, by cowering in fear before near everyone and everything, log out as soon as anything shows its head, and fight and pretend I am great when I have others to help me.

Quevea (Guest)Wed 21-Jul-04 01:18 PM

#29453, "Sour grapes"
In response to Reply #11

If you were to ask an imm about my log in times you would probably find that they are pretty regular. I log in at roughly the same times every day. This is with or without other Imperials logged on. I don't know what people expect out of a healer. It's not like I'm going to log in and run through my range solo. If I'm alone I'm either exploring or sitting somewhere remote trying to strike up conversation. And it's not like it's only Imperials who log in/off in unison, if that is even the way it is with Imperials. I always see Maran/Acolytes mass on/off. I saw a rager the other day that logged on just as we hit the giant, ran to his guild in Galadon after he got beat to near death, and logged off as soon as he was able. Don't act like you and yours are lily white, because it occurs in every cabal not just Empire.

Randomthought (Guest)Wed 21-Jul-04 04:18 PM

#29458, "Yes, yes we know your log on times..."
In response to Reply #20

Right right.. your play times are any time of the day Vandryn and Wojif can play right?

Wojif (Guest)Wed 21-Jul-04 10:08 PM

#29471, "RE: Yes, yes we know your full of it"
In response to Reply #23

normally I'd ignore the jibe, but there are loads of time I log in and noone is around, and then people show, or vice versa. I log in and loads are there. Your argument can be applied to any members of any cabal that have similar playing times.

dwaren (Guest)Fri 23-Jul-04 07:07 AM

#29502, "RE: Yes, yes we know your full of it"
In response to Reply #26

For the past two weeks, including my char I have now, When you are seen alone, you are on for a very, very short time, unless two or three others wake. When you come on and their are others and or healer, then I see you for quite a while.

short time = ten minutes or so and less

dwaren (Guest)Fri 23-Jul-04 07:05 AM

#29501, "dont post #### like this on my thread"
In response to Reply #23

As for quevea's defense, alot of the times she logs on alone.

dwaren (Guest)Fri 23-Jul-04 07:03 AM

#29500, "re: Sour grapes"
In response to Reply #20

If you were to ask an imm about my log in times you would probably find that they are pretty regular.

-- I have seen that. And often seen that its your comming that gives people like drox the willingness to log on.

I log in at roughly the same times every day. This is with or without other Imperials logged on.

-- I dont argue that. Being on roughly ten or so hours a day, I see it.

I don't know what people expect out of a healer. It's not like I'm going to log in and run through my range solo. If I'm alone I'm either exploring or sitting somewhere remote trying to strike up conversation.

What I expect out of a healer? You do a very, very good job of it. If you didnt, the empire wouldnt be as strong as it is now. As for running through your range solo, a healer isnt too bad about being able to do that you know Especially with shawtabbys and other pets (though dont get shawtabbies and an earth elemental hehe)

And it's not like it's only Imperials who log in/off in unison, if that is even the way it is with Imperials. I always see Maran/Acolytes mass on/off.

-- I was arguing mostly, for the point of those doing it. Its sad and disgusting, look at the thread above drox was replying on. If you look at me, I dont. Yeah, I die sometimes. You know what? That happens. I think thoguh I had 17 con with two trains left still? 168 hours and not even hero yet, I wasnt in sad shape without having to log off/mass log off/ when things started getting even the tiniest bit rough.

I saw a rager the other day that logged on just as we hit the giant, ran to his guild in Galadon after he got beat to near death, and logged off as soon as he was able.

-- I believe I know the rager you are talking about. And yes, it did anger me.

Don't act like you and yours are lily white, because it occurs in every cabal not just Empire.

-- I dont claim anyone but me. Just as you cant claim anyone but you.

Laes (Guest)Thu 22-Jul-04 06:49 AM

#29477, "Sure thing"
In response to Reply #11

> Laes Quevea Drox and Lotho i think it was? I trashed
them all solo,

Probably that's why you sat at the Destructor a bit less than a RL hour, and dared to come out only when a lowbie duergar told you that I have departed.

Laes

dwaren (Guest)Fri 23-Jul-04 07:12 AM

#29503, "RE: Sure thing"
In response to Reply #30

Probably that's why you sat at the Destructor a bit less than a RL hour, and dared to come out only when a lowbie duergar told you that I have departed.

Heres also what I hear from your statement.
The four of us couldnt take him, but I am pretty good at assassinating, since well, thats the only thing I can really do anyway, so I am gonna stalk him and hope to get a lucky kill. Not only that! The four of us are definately NOT going back in there again, because well, then I would either have to fight, or someone would risk dying! No, no. The four of us cant do that. Not at all!
Come on lucky cheap kill, come on!
Damnit he isnt comming out! what is he doing! (perfecting a skill I have been wanting to do that with for a while) Why isnt he comming out so I can hopefully manage to do something! I cant even hit the giant to mock him, because if he touches me I will die! DANGIT!
And a lowbie duergar wouldnt be able to see you hiding in the forest. Dont give me that ####, because that is where you run between each stalk

Kraethal (Guest)Sun 18-Jul-04 09:18 PM

#29359, "RE: (DELETED) [BATTLE] Dwaren the Disciple of Ancient W..."
In response to Reply #0

You were a good berserker and a hell of a villager. It was fun travelling with you those times, and I had lots of fun. Good luck with your next.

Krath

dwaren (Guest)Mon 19-Jul-04 08:22 AM

#29376, "RE: (DELETED) [BATTLE] Dwaren the Disciple of Ancient W..."
In response to Reply #2

I remember as an old char you were a fair newbie I believe. And with the skill doesnt mean anything hype that goes on, and i remember you telling me that you havent mastered much etc, i hope you saw with my character truly the difference it is.
Thanks for the luck, and keep kickin man

Kraeth (Guest)Mon 19-Jul-04 07:01 PM

#29397, "RE: (DELETED) [BATTLE] Dwaren the Disciple of Ancient W..."
In response to Reply #3

I remember that conversation. At the time, I did not have much mastered on my second spec, but at the time of my death, I would bet near 75 percent of both specs were mastered, and all skills that helped those two out (IE Dirt kick, dodge, parry, disarm, ect.) As for your ability to tank better than me, thats just a choice of specs. You were a good tank, but most any sword spec is. As for your one legacy, it took me a bit to learn how to use it right and get it to work decently. It is a good spec, and has saved me a few times. You did good choosing the two specs you did, but I dont think you put too much time learning how to use your first one, and then coupling it with your second.

As for the empire gang, I hear you. It did suck most of the time, but thats kind of the odds sometimes. Just roll with it, and work on it as you can.

Good luck with your next.

Krath

dwaren (Guest)Tue 20-Jul-04 12:17 AM

#29401, "RE: (DELETED) [BATTLE] Dwaren the Disciple of Ancient W..."
In response to Reply #6

I remember that conversation. At the time, I did not have much mastered on my second spec, but at the time of my death, I would bet near 75 percent of both specs were mastered, and all skills that helped those two out (IE Dirt kick, dodge, parry, disarm, ect.) As for your ability to tank better than me, thats just a choice of specs. You were a good tank, but most any sword spec is.

A sword spec with all other weapons mastered (or even very close to) is much, much more deadly

As for your one legacy, it took me a bit to learn how to use it right and get it to work decently. It is a good spec, and has saved me a few times. You did good choosing the two specs you did, but I dont think you put too much time learning how to use your first one, and then coupling it with your second.

Specs or legacies? hehe. As for the scenario i mentioned in the felar place against the five empirials, and with other fighting, I believe I understand quite a bit of the legacy, so changed times on things if I could, but the thing is, if I know anyone that has that legacy, I can nullify it. Thats what bothered me the most about it. The second legacy rocked.

As for the empire gang, I hear you. It did suck most of the time, but thats kind of the odds sometimes. Just roll with it, and work on it as you can.

Good luck with your next.

Krath

Shalisa (Guest)Sat 17-Jul-04 11:03 PM

#29314, "Too bad"
In response to Reply #0

I don't understand why you'd delete after putting in all the time you had. Figured you were gone though since I hadn't seen you in some time.

Good luck on your next.

dwaren (Guest)Mon 19-Jul-04 08:26 AM

#29377, "RE: Too bad"
In response to Reply #1

i sit in an office, the same chair, for roughly sixteen hours a day. I am here always save for when i eat and sleep. Believe me, spending time while doing work somewhere practicing my skills up or something, or being mostly here and partly doing work (i type at 80 words per minute, and i have gotten to the point where i can do a full days work in a few hours being only partly afk is nothing to me. The char was nice, but wasnt accomplishing much. If there is no forward progress with goals I set up for the character, the character means nothing. He only exists, and I dont like characters like that. The char I have now, there isnt much of one either, but this char isnt one that matters anyway. I have someone on this mud just to have something to do, and that is all he is. Something like a few days ago we had a smal earthquake out here in afghanistan. I had to go immediately. Last night there was an incident. I had to go immediately, etc. With dwaren I wanted to stay, long past when I should have gone to bed, when i had to truly get woork done thathad to be out at a certain time, etc. hehe. This char, #### it.
Hope you understand man.

Top General Discussions The Battlefield Topic #29252 Previous topic | Next topic