Subject: "My death thread is obviously hiding, so here goes..." Previous topic | Next topic
Printer-friendly copy Email this topic to a friend CF Website
Top General Discussions The Battlefield Topic #29240
Show all folders

Naloueme (Guest)Fri 16-Jul-04 10:33 PM

#29240, "My death thread is obviously hiding, so here goes..."

Let me start by saying I'm somewhat proud of this character, it being my first hero ever and all. I wasn't sure what I wanted to do with her when I first rolled. The idea was not to play yet another Herald, but I somehow overruled that decision and applied anyway. As always, I had a blast. Thieves are a fun class to play and whenever I was bored I could always go out and dig up some treasure or something and try to displace the person above me in the guild. All in all, I really felt like I might have accomplished more with this character than with those I've had in the past.

My death was unexpected and kind of a dumb story actually. I accidentally wore a piece of +age clothing and age died like half a second later. I'm not angry about it though, because I had been growing a bit bored playing Naloueme recently anyway.

As far as goodbyes go, if you loved me dearly, post away and I'll reply with hugs and kisses, etc.

Alert | IP Printer Friendly copy | Reply | Reply with quote | Top

Reply RE: My death thread is obviously hiding, so here goes....., sylnia (Guest), 11-Aug-04 09:13 PM, #13
Reply Aww., Istirith (Guest), 19-Jul-04 05:31 AM, #12
Reply RE: My death thread is obviously hiding, so here goes....., Hipsin (Guest), 19-Jul-04 04:49 AM, #11
Reply And I don't get mentioned...?, Soniel (Guest), 18-Jul-04 10:07 PM, #10
Reply Aww.., Fungo (Guest), 18-Jul-04 04:26 PM, #9
Reply A proper goodbye or two., Naloueme (Guest), 18-Jul-04 02:09 PM, #8
Reply Death and age are overrated, soucivi, 18-Jul-04 10:01 AM, #7
Reply RE: My death thread is obviously hiding, so here goes....., New Gnome (Guest), 17-Jul-04 05:10 AM, #6
Reply You were fun!, Thigodus (Guest), 17-Jul-04 02:00 AM, #5
Reply What can I say?, Egan, 16-Jul-04 11:41 PM, #4
Reply RE: My death thread is obviously hiding, so here goes....., Esfergref (Guest), 16-Jul-04 11:18 PM, #3
Reply woo..., Splntrd, 16-Jul-04 10:57 PM, #2
Reply RE: Goodbye, Qaledus, 16-Jul-04 10:41 PM, #1

sylnia (Guest)Wed 11-Aug-04 09:13 PM

#30057, "RE: My death thread is obviously hiding, so here goes....."
In response to Reply #0

Oh what did you have to go get old and die for.
Guess i'll just have to lay around the bar and get drunk alone now.

Istirith (Guest)Mon 19-Jul-04 05:31 AM

#29366, "Aww."
In response to Reply #0

Well, going to miss having you as a sort of.. little sister. Anyway for a while it was just you and me there so thanks for keeping me company. Well done on age dying, it was always fun with you and Esfer around.. specially with Egan there too. Thanks for rolling a generally enjoyable character and making things that much more fun. See ya round sometime hopefully with your next incarnation

Hipsin (Guest)Mon 19-Jul-04 04:49 AM

#29365, "RE: My death thread is obviously hiding, so here goes....."
In response to Reply #0

I'm going to miss having you around. I remember the first time I really saw you, in the Inn, you were coming down after changing upstairs to show off a new dress. It was fun having you around.
Ciao
Hipsin

Soniel (Guest)Sun 18-Jul-04 10:07 PM

#29361, "And I don't get mentioned...?"
In response to Reply #0

Psh, not like I knew you anyway.

I never got to die along side you, and that's the thing I regret the most.

Fungo (Guest)Sun 18-Jul-04 04:26 PM

#29346, "Aww.."
In response to Reply #0

Too many Heralds seem to die too soon these days, but at least you did so properly, through a mistake. Sad to see Naloueme die so young, but what can you do. Your character was quite likeable, The first thing I that comes to mind about Naloueme was on our learning trip to Aridhol, (aided by Miaree). Naloueme wiggled her bottom between battles and said 'I'm a mystery.'. Other is the learning trip to Elemental Temple, where Naloueme and Esfergref played tic-tac-toe and Naloueme kept losing in it. And being generally disgusted about Fungors eating habits.

- Fungor

PS. I'll expect to have my hugs and kisses now. ;D

Naloueme (Guest)Sun 18-Jul-04 02:09 PM

#29334, "A proper goodbye or two."
In response to Reply #0

Soucivi: Like Matthen said in his goodbye thread, you rock. I've always thought that you rock. You were always there when I needed advice and I really appreciate the interactions we had. I didn't *really* mind that you refused to wear kitten skin, either.

Cadothu: I think I might've called you something other than New Gnome maybe once. It was fun going to certain places with you and I hope you keep enjoying your character.

Thigodus: How DARE you delete. Now things are a lot dimmer. Shame on you. Shame shame shame. You were fun.

Egan: You were my one of favorite people to interact with and I found it hard to understand why no one else would want to go more in depth with you than "Zombie!" Nevertheless, even though Naloueme *really* didn't (she loved you SO much), I found it humorous on more than one occasion.

Esfergref: Oh Grape. Yes, I knew I could make you do pretty much anything and I'm not sure I took advantage of it as much as I could have. You really were Nal's best friend. I hope you can find someone to bicker with now that I'm dead, hehe.

Matthen: The crystal ball you made for me had very bad manners. I blame this on you. You were fun and it's too bad you had to delete, but hey, I guess I can't blame you.

Qaledus: Igarla took me totally by surprise when she sent me a tell saying I just had to find you some sort of gift. It made me smile to see you wear the clothes and to come to my wedding, so thanks for the attention.

souciviSun 18-Jul-04 10:01 AM
Member since 03rd Feb 2004
16 posts
Click to send email to this author Click to send private message to this author Click to add this author to your buddy list
#29330, "Death and age are overrated"
In response to Reply #0

I enjoyed Nal immensely. The banter between you and Esfer often had me laughing. Your rp was wonderful and your unorthodoxed manner of life and death rivaled Matthen's innovative ways of dying.

If you had any doubts, I had fun. Thanks.

Soucivi Daneloth
soucivi@carrionfields.com

New Gnome (Guest)Sat 17-Jul-04 05:10 AM

#29248, "RE: My death thread is obviously hiding, so here goes....."
In response to Reply #0

Well, I guess it really must suck having to die of old age, because most people that do probably arent done with that character yet. I dont know what to say about the Old Hag, she was an awesome character and I was glad to have her around and I'm most definately grateful for that last trip we took to that place with that stuff. Congrats on your first hero and may it certainly not be your last. Good luck with whatever you roll up next, I'm sure you'll have fun, even if it isnt a Herald as you said you've been trying to try out other things besides the Inn.

Have fun,
Cadothu

Thigodus (Guest)Sat 17-Jul-04 02:00 AM

#29246, "You were fun!"
In response to Reply #0

I know Thigodus was a little bit much to put up with now and then, but I really enjoyed messing with you/interacting with you. Hope it was mutual. I knew once I had my interview with you that I was talking to someone special and you had a special place in Thigodus's heart from that moment on. Anyways, great job with the contests, they were a lot of fun.

EganFri 16-Jul-04 11:41 PM
Member since 16th Jul 2004
4 posts
Click to send email to this author Click to send private message to this author Click to view this author's profile Click to add this author to your buddy list
#29244, "What can I say?"
In response to Reply #0

You were a huge part of Egan's life. I always felt terrible when I was away from CF for a few days. I was starting a new job, and coming home exhausted. I actually sat here and cried the whole hour that you were a ghost. You just really made things more fun for everyone when you were around. I really made Egan from the ground up to be "me". Even (and unfortunately) his childhood mirrors my own with a few liberties to fit into CF. At first I wanted Egan to hero so I could explore all these new areas they snuck in when I wasn't looking. I was amazed to see in Naloueme the kind of person I would home to be with someday in real life. I'm sorry that Egan missed out on so many of your years, you just played up a storm while I was juggling a new job and various personal and family issues that left me with little desire to play CF. I regret that our time together was so short once I finally began playing regularly again. It's greatly to your credit that you stuck by me when you were such a popular and well beloved character while Egan is pretty much a nobody. No matter what you were doing you would drop everything and make time for me. I was surprised at how upset I was at your death. It felt like I was really losing someone special, not just seeing a character die. I had hoped you would get High Herald, or even Imm so your life would be prolonged, but it simply wasn't to be.

I would be very happy if you would drop me a line at EganCF@hotmail.com. I understand that the character is not the person, and don't expect anything from you. If you're a male person, that's fine, I'd just like to talk OOC and see if you are someone I know or have met as another character or maybe in chat or on forums.

Egan will press on, though he is taking your death very hard. He's working to channel his grief into rededicating himself as a Herald and taking on responsibilities he's neglected. Something will always be missing, for him and for me, but there are memories to hold onto. I just wanted to let you know how profoundly you touched not only my character, but my own life as well. Would that all my characters could find someone so special.

-E

Esfergref (Guest)Fri 16-Jul-04 11:18 PM

#29243, "RE: My death thread is obviously hiding, so here goes....."
In response to Reply #0

Death angel seems be be defunct, hasn't posted anyone for about a week!

Well what can I say, from the first time our characters met Naloueme has been a big influance and Esfergref, and I don't know if you realized, but you could of talked him into anything...well, except to quit drinking.

I tried to protect you the best I could, but damned if you didn't keep dying anyway. =P I hope you got all the exploring you wanted done, it was always a pleasure to go anywhere with you.. bickering with you was one of the best parts of esfer, and one I'm really going to miss!

Bah, first Issy, now you and Miaree off whereever she is.. only Soniel is left of the old heralds...you just had to go and die didn't you!?

Ah well..you were a big part of Esfer's life and I know I've already said it, but I'm really going to miss you!

Psst..don't get out of that herald swing yet, the inn needs people like you.

SplntrdFri 16-Jul-04 10:57 PM
Member since 08th Feb 2004
1096 posts
Click to send email to this author Click to send private message to this author Click to add this author to your buddy list
#29242, "woo..."
In response to Reply #0

Nal, you were awesome! You managed to be spunky and old at the same time. Complete with bones popping. Have fun with your next!

Repeat player Heralds are fun. Now we all need to roll campers.

Splntrd

QaledusFri 16-Jul-04 10:41 PM
Member since 09th May 2004
458 posts
Click to add this author to your buddy list
#29241, "RE: Goodbye"
In response to Reply #0

>As far as goodbyes go, if you loved me dearly, post away and
>I'll reply with hugs and kisses, etc.

I don't know about love, but your bartending skills were
certainly welcome during the times I passed by.

Top General Discussions The Battlefield Topic #29240 Previous topic | Next topic