Subject: "Mangar bored(del)" Previous topic | Next topic
Printer-friendly copy Email this topic to a friend CF Website
Top General Discussions The Battlefield Topic #29193
Show all folders

Mangar (Guest)Tue 13-Jul-04 02:28 PM

#29193, "Mangar bored(del)"

Never been so bored playing this game. Sometimes I just teleported about killing time as I read emails and did stuff on my comp. Sat underwater a lot. Talking became a chore...Why do I bother playing a charactor with a role? (although crummy role I guess) As far as shifters, might as well just make a full looting, air minor and multi-kill ghosts...New areas are cool, but after you explore them once, what else can I do in the game since I was usually logged in with 15 or so others, all of them enemies. Yes yes...more foes to hunt you say...well...go hunt a group with your hyena/anaconda and it gets old quick. Though, I did wreck a few ranking groups. If they were occupied I could bring alot of damage. Didnt bother with a religion, maybe should have.

Decided to give Zemjus a thrill and let his guards slay me today...I use the word thrill loosely as I walked into Hamsah and slapped him in the face.

My forms were alright, though I wanted a real defensive form to be able to make things more exciting. Anything other than Anaconda and I would have been inside other peoples cabals more of the time, instead of picking my fights so... Anaconda is a nice 3rd tier form. Instead got the Anaconda, which Ive had 5 times, and sucks badly....(Dont piss off Imms before you get your final form.) Hyena is awesome, but prepping and gathering wands was an ongoing chore. Anytime I fought, I was fighting cabals, who always fought in groups of no less than pairs...usually many more. Grouped a few times with other criminals, killed a bit...Yawn. Didnt really have any friends..Wah.

** Man Im a whiny bitch.

Imperials...Fighting wise, never got to fight many of you. Cant recall seeing any lone Imperials. Few tried me in pairs, and usually fled or called in others. Never got much interaction other than whining from some when I looted a corpse in my youth. Priest: Can I please have my items back? Warrior: Can you give him his things back? Two weeks later...Another warrior: I heard you took something, Id like you to give them back.....Sheesh...sounds like an OOC love ring with a group of them...Wanted to face some of you, but since you only log in at the same time, I found it hard.

Maran: Got to fight Ryldain once. Otherwise whenever I fought, Marans were crying to each other (power) while I was fighting. Never saw marans much except when they all mysteriously log in around the same time. Usually when Imperials log out or vice versa. Might have been the time zone thing.....Niostik, yes, I was going to kill you but I picked the wrong trap. Soon as you had purified the room, I was going to constrict you.

*Man, this sounds like a rant, as I re-read this again....but actually most the described situations probaly just came down to time of the day. All the marans play at a certain time....all the tribs at a certain time, and again with Empire. I just happened to be fighting with all of them so it seemed bad from my perspective.

Tribunals: Provided some not bad times. Again, I find it pathetic when 3 tribunals need to gather 3 marans/3 imperials to raid agaisnt a solo mage. Surely 2 or 3 agaisnt one might provide you with some challenge. I would retrieve alone, agaisnt groups of you. Took time, wasted my preps, but anyhow....I always left all your gear...even coins when I killed you. Tried interacting with Trib leaders, but they usually ignore you and seem content to sit in town and do nothing all the time. You cant tell me Tribs are having fun....it seems even more boring than Scion.

Scions: Never saw any of you other than for a few hours of this chars life. Applicants...none. Allies...none. Jugorath, cool charactor, wish you logged in more. Mekantos, is awesome too. I had no real in charactor reason to talk to you, but at times I justwanted to chat but reluctantly chose instead to wander in circles until boredom caused me to log off...If you IMM, Ill put more effort into a charactor and be a good follower. *chuckle* Scion in general should not even be a cabal. Got chastized early on for trying to decieve an Imperial. (Grouping with an Imperial 9 ranks below me to go rank a bit, plus trading items for information) Sadly I had many mid ranked allies in Empire before I was warned to not use secrecy. I wanted to play this charactor diferent instead of attacking everything in sight. Ive played lots of Scions in the past, and never had this problem. There is no eliteness to this cabal. When the purpose of the cabal wars is capture the flag, and your team is...Just you, It Makes for a fairly onesided match. Cabals should all have equal numbers and not be restricted to having one or two on your team and tons on the other. ...Spying and deception dont seem appreciated in the cabal much anymore...When I joined Mekantos told me there is much more to being a Scion than killing everything in sight....I totally agree, just sad that PKing seems to be the only thing that gets IMMs attention. My last Scion killed a ton and didnt roleplay or decieve anyone, or doing anything Scionish...but was more successfull, even got ImM rewards. It was basically a killing machine that lived in the chasm. Yah!! Its elite now. Scion needs to go the way of Scarab. Oh wait...more rant. Few scions about (midranked) that can hide...wished you could rank. I heroed a few charactors while you sit in the mid ranks and accomplish nothing. Its hard to rank a <insert> in Scion. Yes, but I could rank a mage with no magic faster than most of you are doing.....Wait, you killed a rank 31 fire giant antipaladin. Victory is ours. Few exceptions to this...and you know who you are. Well done to those few.

**Rereading this, and I still agree. Scion sucks ass.

Village: Never saw any.

Inn: Never went in Inn cept to attack.

Yawn.

Flame on.

Alert | IP Printer Friendly copy | Reply | Reply with quote | Top

Reply RE: Mangar bored(del), Trotat (Guest), 14-Jul-04 09:02 AM, #9
Reply RE: Mangar bored(del), Mangar (Guest), 14-Jul-04 09:36 AM, #10
Reply RE: Mangar bored(del), Zemjus (Guest), 14-Jul-04 01:49 AM, #8
Reply RE: Mangar bored(del), Manden (Guest), 13-Jul-04 09:42 PM, #3
Reply Umm..., Mangar (Guest), 13-Jul-04 09:59 PM, #4
     Reply RE: Umm..., Manden (Guest), 13-Jul-04 10:37 PM, #6
          Reply I follow you., Mangar (Guest), 13-Jul-04 10:51 PM, #7
Reply Mangar's potential., Felar Serpent (Guest), 13-Jul-04 08:49 PM, #2
Reply RE: Mangar's potential., Mangar (Guest), 13-Jul-04 10:05 PM, #5
     Reply A moment there., Felar Serpent (Guest), 15-Jul-04 06:53 AM, #11
          Reply RE: A moment there., Mangar (Guest), 15-Jul-04 08:06 AM, #12
               Reply Don't worry., Felar Serpent (Guest), 15-Jul-04 09:17 AM, #13
Reply Heh, Iborenn (Guest), 13-Jul-04 03:26 PM, #1

Trotat (Guest)Wed 14-Jul-04 09:02 AM

#29206, "RE: Mangar bored(del)"
In response to Reply #0

>Oh wait...more rant. Few scions about
> midranked) that can hide...wished you could rank.

Me too.

>I heroed a
>few charactors while you sit in the mid ranks

Find me neutral/evil players that are not tribunal, battle or empire. In my who group, I might have 20 people, but cannot rank with 16 of them. Glad you heroed a few characters while we (I) sit here. Thanks for the help.

>and accomplish nothing. Its hard to rank a <insert> in Scion. Yes, >but I could rank a mage with no magic faster than most of you are
>doing.....

And that should give you some indication as to how bad it is.

>**Rereading this, and I still agree. Scion sucks ass.

It does right now. Kungkruk deleted and now almost none of the heroes show up.

Mangar (Guest)Wed 14-Jul-04 09:36 AM

#29207, "RE: Mangar bored(del)"
In response to Reply #9

I was ranting a bit....

If you want to rank, its very possible. I ranked through the same #### that you guys have to deal with. Albeit very slow. I wasnt refering to anyone in general, just the fact that there are 3 or 4 midranked Scions that dont put any effort into ranking. You might be actively trying, and I am not intending to insult you as I dont know what youve been doing....my comment was a blanket overview on the entire cabal and the fact that I was able to rank a few charactors wi th similar grouping restrictions while others just sit there.

Although I personally dont PK much at all when Im not a hero....My own playing style is to rank quickly to hero and PK heros. I find little enjoyment in attacking ranking parties in midranks or fighting with less than perfect skills/forms. Probably too..I usually play mages and they tend to be pretty weak at lower ranks. Cept for necros and conjurers which can be fun for a bit at those ranks.

I also find it odd that there are a few hero Scions that stopped logging in when Kungkruk deleted. One fire giant warrior is gone, and you cannot play again in sadness? Sheesh.

Good luck with Trotat.

Zemjus (Guest)Wed 14-Jul-04 01:49 AM

#29205, "RE: Mangar bored(del)"
In response to Reply #0

Kind of saw that coming when you walked up to me in Hamsah. Had to suck being the only scion on, wanted all the time and with only one good form. I didn't really like being an ass and ganging you those times, but you were wanted and made us all look bad by running around in ostrich form. Sorry.

Manden (Guest)Tue 13-Jul-04 09:42 PM

#29199, "RE: Mangar bored(del)"
In response to Reply #0

You seem to have a fairly good grasp on how ridiculous your post is, so I'll just respond to a few points.

First, the coordinated log-ins. For the past few weeks I've been mostly done with my classes and have been on a lot because I've been coordinating/organizing a protest over the Internet and have been CF'ing during that period. The only thing that I could possibly call an 'organized log-in' would have been the Scions during Kungkruk's last weeks (and I don't think you were part of that at all) and that is no doubt biased by the fact that they killed me more times than I'd like to admit.

As for the Tribs raiding like that. Do you expect most Tribs to take any chances in a situation like this? As for interacting with you during the short period I was a leader and you were around, you can't fault me for not wanting to engage in absurd conversation with someone I'm at odds with and am as busy as I am.

Hope you figure out how to have fun with your next character.

Manden (in Duluth!)

Mangar (Guest)Tue 13-Jul-04 09:59 PM

#29200, "Umm..."
In response to Reply #3

I just re-read my post and I didnt once mention Tribunals organizing log ins together.

As far as Tribunals taking chances...Your post just emphasizes what a bunch of cowardly foes I faced. Of course I dont expect you to take chances...thus my boredom. You played a very small part in any raiding, and our times probably didnt mesh. But the Tribunals I was playing with...for example...would have 2 or 3 logged in and would come to strike..and that is fine. Except they would bring 2 or 3 Marans....or 2 or 3 Imperials....Making the whole raid so terribly rediculous that there was no point even defending. What makes the game fun is the fighting and raiding. Obviously playing a charactor that sits around in town doing nothing...you miss out alot of that.

Manden (Guest)Tue 13-Jul-04 10:37 PM

#29202, "RE: Umm..."
In response to Reply #4

"...all the tribs at a certain time, and again with Empire..."

But in my post I wasn't referring just to the Tribs logging in together (or everyone being from the same time zone). I just don't see it in any cabal right now.

As to the other part, something I think would make your time in CF a lot more enjoyable would be to figure out some way to have fun at times other than when you are fighting and raiding. Any character that sits around in town doing nothing is, in my opinion, playing wrong. I usually expect a lot of Scions to be more concerned with things other than fighting and raiding, and Outlanders definitely 'sit around doing nothing,' so my advice to you would be to roll a rager. It will be easy enough for your enemies to evade you that you'll spend plenty of time looking for someone to fight, thus avoiding any sitting that could happen.

Mangar (Guest)Tue 13-Jul-04 10:51 PM

#29203, "I follow you."
In response to Reply #6

WHen you play during the days though, there are these periods when there will be all Marans in my range. Then later all Imperials in my range, then later all Tribunals. I played this charactor for around 130-140 hours, by my guess. Not sure exactly. This is in about a month, so my real problem is that I play way tooo much. Kinda sick when I think I put in 4-5 hours a day there for the past 3-4 weeks. Might be off a bit on those numbers buts it pretty close I think.

Felar Serpent (Guest)Tue 13-Jul-04 08:49 PM

#29198, "Mangar's potential."
In response to Reply #0

' Flame on. '

Well, in all honesty, I am of the opinion that you didn't make as much out of this character's 4th tier forms combination as you probably could have. At least, not while you were in my presence those times.

For someone who has had the Anaconda form on five occasions you also used it in a few rather ackward ways to me. I cannot be more specific without starting to expose some of the tricks of the trade, unfortunately.

' Man Im a whiny bitch. '

In my opinion you sound jaded. You don't sound whiny.

Arthakar

Mangar (Guest)Tue 13-Jul-04 10:05 PM

#29201, "RE: Mangar's potential."
In response to Reply #2

Ive killed alot of people with the Anaconda. Some of the best players in the game who have been rather embarrassed to die to the Anaconda. I know everything about the form, including all of its abilities. You shouldnt need A/B/S to survive a handful of rounds agaisnt a decked out warrior with a defense form. It should be able to last in cabal raids and DEFEND. It doesnt do a great job in that capacity. Ive played every other defensive form in numerous capacities and speak only from personal experience...not speculation.

Your charactor was kinda cool and well roleplayed. And yeh, I guess Im just jaded. Although in all fairness to me...., as an uncabaled charactor you cant possibly comprehend the current Scion situation from the outside. Anyhow, good luck with Arthakar and keep it up.

Felar Serpent (Guest)Thu 15-Jul-04 06:53 AM

#29216, "A moment there."
In response to Reply #5

I mentioned to you that I thought you used the form in a few rather strange ways considering its strengths and weaknesses. I'd say there is little reason to pull 'rank' on me, in a certain manner of speaking.

Understand that I've had quite a bit of personal experience with this form too by now. Not as much by playing several of them, but by playing one of them over a prolonged period of time. And I'd like to make some comments on your previous post because of this. Here's to hoping you will acknowledge that these comments are not speculation either.

' I know everything about the form, including all of its abilities. You shouldnt need A/B/S to survive a handful of rounds agaisnt a decked out warrior with a defense form. '

These are two statements that are not entirely compatible with each other, at least not in the light of some of the things I've done with this form. I'm inclined to say that my character's higher natural hp as a felar may have something to do with how and why we percieve the form its potential so very differently. However, Mangar had access to the despoil power which makes your stance a bit puzzling to say the least.

' It should be able to last in cabal raids and DEFEND. It doesnt do a great job in that capacity. '

The Anaconda initially seems the weakest of the 4th tier defense forms in ways of straight tanking abilities. I've found however that this balances out the form its rather freakish resilience to physical damage once you

But perhaps that is something you can start to discover for yourself with your 6th Anaconda. Though you will have to resist the urge to delete the character within the first weeks of obtaining the form.

' as an uncabaled charactor you cant possibly comprehend the current Scion situation from the outside '

I'm not entirely sure to which part of my original post this was a response.

Mangar (Guest)Thu 15-Jul-04 08:06 AM

#29217, "RE: A moment there."
In response to Reply #11

This is kind of silly. I doubt you had many more hit points perhaps a few..... I had 1150 - 1200 (Sometimes more) plus despoil on top of that. Hey, I didnt mean to insult your charactor or you as a person as you obviously love the form. I like fighting in large group/cabal situations and the slow movement, Average dodge, mediocre damage reduction, means you will get whittled down alot faster than with other defense forms. Sure it can crush gear randomly which makes a solo person think twice before taking you on. Yes it can contrict a foe, which makes them not want to stay around long. Simply walk away (so and so feet) and return....Anyhow, have fun with the form, dont take any of my posts as personal to you....and cya later. I will delete any future charactors if I gain this form again.

Felar Serpent (Guest)Thu 15-Jul-04 09:17 AM

#29219, "Don't worry."
In response to Reply #12

Well, I was under the impression that the slow movement was something inherent to many of the 4th tier defense forms. But more importantly however, you forgot to mention the Anaconda's main ability as a high-level defensive form. I'll give you a hint as to one of the reasons why I've come to appreciate it like this - when you begin to stack the innate damage reduction with even the most basic of outside protections, it already starts to become significantly more difficult for an opponent to negate the effects of the aforementioned feature. And in turn, this naturally raises a certain question.

I hope you know which one.

Either way, don't worry too much about me taking your remarks as personal. It's just that I think it is odd we have such different opinions on the worth of this form, while we both know it so well. And that is what caused me to respond in the way I did, above anything else.

Good luck with your next Mangar.

Iborenn (Guest)Tue 13-Jul-04 03:26 PM

#29196, "Heh"
In response to Reply #0

I feel your pain,
Dunno about that whole anaconda deal, I just know I'm never worried unless a orc/thief/necro is involved.

And with the whole organized log on thing bleh I know how you feel.
So hey send me a email we can start a scion log on group =D...
* You hear multiple thuds, it sounds somewhat like a head hitting a desk, about 30- 50 times *

Top General Discussions The Battlefield Topic #29193 Previous topic | Next topic