Subject: "(DELETED) [EMPIRE] Gulthruck Vaalnu, the Fist of Darkne..." Previous topic | Next topic
Printer-friendly copy Email this topic to a friend CF Website
Top General Discussions The Battlefield Topic #28722
Show all folders

Death_AngelTue 06-Jul-04 03:32 PM
Member since 22nd Sep 2024
17176 posts
Click to send email to this author Click to send private message to this author Click to view this author's profile Click to add this author to your buddy list
#28722, "(DELETED) [EMPIRE] Gulthruck Vaalnu, the Fist of Darkness, Imperial Dread Lord"

Tue Jul 6 15:31:41 2004

At 7 o'clock PM, Day of Thunder, 31st of the Month of Futility
on the Theran calendar Gulthruck perished, never to return.

Race:duergar
Class:anti-paladin
Level:51
Alignment:Evil
Ethos:Orderly
Cabal:EMPIRE, the Empire
Hours:390

Alert | IP Printer Friendly copy | Reply | Reply with quote | Top

Reply Hitroll : 121 Damroll : 140, Gulthruck (Guest), 06-Jul-04 09:00 PM, #10
Reply a flawless two-headed Pickaxe named 'Earthquake', Gulthruck (Guest), 06-Jul-04 08:57 PM, #9
Reply So long, and thanks for all the souls, Gulthruck (Guest), 06-Jul-04 07:15 PM, #3
Reply RE: So long, and thanks for all the souls, Grurk Muouk, 06-Jul-04 07:47 PM, #5
Reply RE: Trading for unholy weapons, Gulthruck (Guest), 06-Jul-04 08:00 PM, #7
Reply Rest well soul collector, Lightmaged (Guest), 06-Jul-04 07:53 PM, #6
Reply RE: Rest well soul collector, Gulthruck (Guest), 06-Jul-04 09:04 PM, #11
Reply Acolytes, Audriel (Guest), 06-Jul-04 08:43 PM, #8
Reply RE: Acolytes, Gulthruck (Guest), 06-Jul-04 09:10 PM, #12
     Reply RE: Acolytes, Rouchevien (Guest), 06-Jul-04 09:38 PM, #13
Reply RE: So long, and thanks for all the souls, Scharnz (Guest), 06-Jul-04 09:39 PM, #14
Reply Re, Dwoggurd, 07-Jul-04 03:24 AM, #15
Reply RE: Imperial Dread Lord, Gulthruck (Guest), 09-Jul-04 01:25 AM, #28
Reply Heh., Els (Guest), 07-Jul-04 04:38 AM, #16
Reply RE: Heh., Gulthruck (Guest), 09-Jul-04 01:23 AM, #27
     Reply I beg to differ, Els (Guest), 09-Jul-04 07:42 AM, #29
Reply RE: So long, and thanks for all the souls, Lekerjey (Guest), 07-Jul-04 05:18 AM, #17
Reply RE: So long, and thanks for all the souls, Gulthruck (Guest), 09-Jul-04 01:11 AM, #22
Reply RE: So long, and thanks for all the souls, Zargu, 07-Jul-04 07:18 AM, #18
Reply RE: So long, and thanks for all the souls, Gulthruck (Guest), 09-Jul-04 01:14 AM, #23
Reply RE: So long, and thanks for all the souls, Laes (Guest), 07-Jul-04 08:17 AM, #19
Reply RE: So long, and thanks for all the souls, Gulthruck (Guest), 09-Jul-04 01:16 AM, #24
Reply RE: So long, and thanks for all the souls, Khasotholas, 07-Jul-04 05:23 PM, #20
Reply RE: So long, and thanks for all the souls, Gulthruck (Guest), 09-Jul-04 01:17 AM, #25
Reply Sad..., Yanine (Guest), 08-Jul-04 12:29 PM, #21
     Reply RE: Sad..., Gulthruck (Guest), 09-Jul-04 01:20 AM, #26
Reply Our few fights were fun. I enjoyed every moment., Bajula, 06-Jul-04 04:32 PM, #2
Reply RE: (DELETED) [EMPIRE] Gulthruck Vaalnu, the Fist of Da..., Nhiala, 06-Jul-04 04:07 PM, #1
     Reply Re: Playing time, Gulthruck (Guest), 06-Jul-04 07:21 PM, #4

Gulthruck (Guest)Tue 06-Jul-04 09:00 PM

#28749, "Hitroll : 121 Damroll : 140"
In response to Reply #0

Gulthruck the Fist of Darkness, Imperial Dread Lord
-------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Level : 51 Sex : male Race : duergar
Ethos : Orderly Align : Evil Class : anti-paladin
Practices: 1 Trains : 0 Hometown : Hamsah Mu'tazz
Exp : 601700 To Level : 27650 Sphere : Death
Hit Point: 1593 /1607 Mana : 1055 /1295 Move : 828 /861
Str : 23(23) Int : 16(16) Wis : 18(18)
Dex : 22(22) Con : 19(20) Chr : 13(11)
Carry # : 32/35 Weight : 321 lb 12 oz (Max 527 lbs)
Gold : 57 Silver : 51 Copper : 23
Wimpy : 400 hp Morale : High Position : Standing
Hitroll : 121 Damroll : 140
AC pierce: -192 Divinely armored AC bash : -193 Divinely armored
AC slash : -191 Divinely armored AC magic : -200 Divinely armored
vs Spell : Divinely protected vs Paralysis: Divinely protected
vs Breath: Somewhat protected vs Mental: Barely protected
You are affected by:
Song: 'galadriel' modifies save vs spell by -17 for 51 hours.
Song: 'galadriel' modifies hit roll by 8 for 51 hours.
Spell: 'giant strength' modifies strength by 1 for 14 hours.
Commune: 'frenzy' modifies armor class by 55 for 13 hours.
Commune: 'frenzy' modifies damage roll by 11 for 13 hours.
Commune: 'frenzy' modifies hit roll by 11 for 13 hours.
Song: 'we come we come' modifies damage roll by 8 for 11 hours.
Song: 'we come we come' modifies hit roll by 8 for 11 hours.
Spell: 'bloodlust of the twelve fiends' modifies damage roll by 5 for 7 hours.
Spell: 'bloodlust of the twelve fiends' modifies strength by 5 for 7 hours.
Spell: 'enlarge' modifies size by 1 for 3 hours.
Spell: 'enlarge' modifies damage roll by 1 for 3 hours.
Spell: 'enlarge' modifies constitution by 1 for 3 hours.
Spell: 'enlarge' modifies dexterity by -2 for 3 hours.
Spell: 'enlarge' modifies strength by 2 for 3 hours.
Song: 'dance with jak o the shadows' modifies morale by 12 for 3 hours.
Song: 'dance with jak o the shadows' modifies save vs mental by -10 for 3 hours.
Song: 'dance with jak o the shadows' modifies hp by 102 for 3 hours.
Song: 'dance with jak o the shadows' modifies save vs breath by -12 for 3 hours.
Song: 'dance with jak o the shadows' modifies save vs paralysis by -12 for 3 hours.
Spell: 'iron grip of azazel' for 0 hours.
Spell: 'pass door' for -1 hours.
Skill: 'sneak' for -1 hours.
Spell: 'protection from good' for 8 hours.
Commune: 'bless' modifies hit roll by 7 for 10 hours.
Commune: 'bless' modifies save vs spell by -14 for 10 hours.
Spell: 'detect invis' for 14 hours.
Power: 'power of the damned' for 24 hours.

Gulthruck (Guest)Tue 06-Jul-04 08:57 PM

#28748, "a flawless two-headed Pickaxe named 'Earthquake'"
In response to Reply #0

This object, a flawless two-headed Pickaxe named 'Earthquake' can be referred to as 'flawless pickaxe earthquake'.
It is worth 12000 copper, and is of the 51st level of power.
It is made of mithril and weighs 19 pounds 15 ounces.
It is imbued with a terrible, unholy blessing.
It can cause 9d6 points of damage, at average 31.
When worn, it affects your mana by 720 points, your hp by 720 points,
your hit roll by 81 points and your damage roll by 81 points.

Gulthruck (Guest)Tue 06-Jul-04 07:15 PM

#28741, "So long, and thanks for all the souls"
In response to Reply #0

What can I say. I had fun playing an A-P, getting the controls, and building up a monster weapon. There were something like 150 charges in it when I lost it. I leeched a few axes into that, one of which had around 40 charges in it, Thanks Grurk. I was surprised that I got it that far. I know I died at least 3, probably 4 or 5, times along the way and always someone picked up my axe and gave/traded/blackmailed it back to me. I'll chip in $5 and get my character posted in a little bit and see how well I did.

I originally rolled this character up to see what all the new anti-paladin skills were all about. I was having fun so I figured I'd keep him around a bit and ended up in Empire. My role, if you could call it that, was sphere death who always whispered to his weapon and sent people off to visit the Mistress (Lady Death). Not really in depth at all.

I have no idea why I got named Imperial Dread Lord, other than I was the only hero in the Black when Yanacek was Emperor. I knew I didn't have the time to commit to a cabal leader but there was never anyone else to do it. Whenever a necromancer got to 47 they'd disappear or die trying to lich. Whenever an anti-paladin got to 42 they rarely made it any farther thanks to the Fortress gangs. A recent conversation with Blitzenturt pretty much summed it up in my eyes:

Blitzenturt says 'Now, Dread Lord.'
Blitzenturt says 'I ask you a question.'
Blitzenturt says 'Which Sect in my Empire is the weakest.'
You say 'The Shadow.'
Blitzenturt says 'In what aspect would they be the weakest.'
You say 'Membership. Leadership. Anathema.'
Blitzenturt says 'And where would you place your Sect.'
You say 'After the Blade, about on par with the Divine.'
Blitzenturt says 'You take too highly to your Sect.'
Blitzenturt says 'Now ask me the same question.'
You say 'Which Sect in your Empire is the weakest.'
Blitzenturt says 'The Black Sect.'
Blitzenturt says 'Ask me why.'
You say 'In what aspect would they be the weakest.'
Blitzenturt says 'Its' leadership. I provide it.'
Blitzenturt says 'Isn't that your job.'
You say 'When you are not around, yes.'
Blitzenturt says 'Do you provide such leadership?'
You say 'As I said, when you are not around.'
Blitzenturt says 'Well.'
Blitzenturt says 'I shall tell you this much.'
Blitzenturt says 'I'm unsatisfied.'
You say 'Understood.'
Blitzenturt says 'You may ask me, why Emperor.'
You say 'Why are you unsatisfied.'
Blitzenturt says 'And I would tell you, your leadership and membership.'
Blitzenturt says 'Those oaths and Blacks you enjoy.'
Blitzenturt says 'Are all my doing.'
Blitzenturt says 'Their promotion status.'
Blitzenturt says 'Me.'
You say 'And yet, none are able to supplant me'
Blitzenturt says 'I delegate you that authority.'
You say 'Because none can handle the life as a Black.'
Blitzenturt says 'You're right.'
Blitzenturt says 'Know this.'
Blitzenturt says 'When one does reach to that possibility.'
You say 'I have never seen another hero amongst the Black my entire life'
You say 'Until that time...I will not worry.'
Blitzenturt says 'If you anathema him, you may suffer the same fate.'
Blitzenturt chuckles politely.
Blitzenturt says 'Fearsome even now.'
Blitzenturt says 'Do as you wish.'
Blitzenturt leaves down.

Naming Names

Khasotholas: Thanks for that bit at the end, and respecting my wish to be gone for good when I deleted. The waiting would have taunted me endlessly. I remeber having to apologize to Njaal for not addressing you as Lord one time. Honestly, I completely missed it and had to go back to my logs to see what I did so I could apologize for it. You are a great asset to the Empire, keep up the good work.

Astilamos: Bloodoathed me and promoted me up to Elite. You were a good Dread Lord, then Emperor. If I'd had the time to invest, I could have probably done the same.

Yanacek: You were the nastiest thief out there, and one hell of an Emperor. You could swing the balance just by logging in. I could always count on you to do the right thing in a fight which is rare these days. The Hell trip was fun, one of the best experiences I've had playing this game. Well, except for that part where we died in Dis. My only regret was not getting a tattoo when I was down there. I was trying to research who the Arch-Devil associated with Death was when we got killed by all those bone devils.

Grottimgesh: I remember in your goodbye saying you wanted to get rid of me. Who would you have replaced me with?

Blitzenturt: And the Empire flourishes under the soft hand of Blitzenturt. You cuddle them, and make them a happy family. Granted, you can kick the crap out of the enemies of the Empire as well, but so can any group of three, four, five or six. I miss the heavy handed Emperors and the cabal politics. Anyone who came and asked for my vote for a Sect position got it, and yet, no moves were ever made.

Whichever Immortal was dragging creatures from the Emerald Forest onto the Eastern Road:
No offense, but when I kill a pixie on the eastern road, then a dryad pops up for no reason and I kill it, then a nymph pops up for no reason and I kill it, then a ranger pops up for no reason and I kill it, then some big nasty druid from bumble-####-egypt shows up and attacks me and chases me all over the place, I really didn't care for it. If that's "Immteraction", I'll pass. Try having a reason. Try talking to me. Try to make it interesting for me.

Nhiala: Congrats on the immortalhood. I've fought so many Fortress paladins they all blend together into one strange vision. I fought lots of you one-on-one and it would usually end up a draw. The only times I was lucky enough to get them solo was a perfectly engineered trap of centurions and a lucky curse (because you all seem to have great saves). Of course, being a duergar I was wrath bait so more likely than not I was the one running if I wasn't prepared.

Jinroh: Congrats on the immortalhood. You were one of the few who ever got me to drop my unholy due to strength loss (I swapped out even more gear for +str gear after that fight). You were also a beast to fight. I think I got you twice, for four charges each time.

Olofo: You and your frightful fiends. I got away almost every time I think. That last one, that last one was good. I knew you were going to unghost when we were talking. I honestly thought you were going to try and sleep me. I had the exact same plan, but you had the advantage of knowing exactly when you unghosted while I had to keep spamming where pk.

Yanine: I fully expected you to become Dread Lady, and you had to go and die in the becoming.

Scharnz: You took way to many chances and paid for them. I can respect that, but next time, maybe a little more conservative.

Vahletharien and your ilk: I hate people who talk smack because they gang you down. I hate people who talk smack but can't kill for ####. I hate people who talk smack even after they just ran away with their tail between their legs. This is where I put you, and this is why I said what I did at the end.

Sherman, Elstratuviel: Annoying pretty much sums you up.

Observations

Ganging: That's pretty much all that goes on nowadays between Empire and Fortress. It's part of the reason I deleted, it just got to be tiresome. I'm not saying that I'm some holier-than-thou only solo PK guy, but what we've got now is ridiculous. I'll head back down to the low-levels and enjoy some real fights for awhile.

Fortress Paladins: There are tons of you and yet you are all the same. I saw nothing to seperate any of you from the others. Actually, that's not true. There is one that stands out in my mind: Beltantis. He had this big sense of honor which played into everything he did and said. Why aren't there more like him. More that stand out.

Acolytes: So now it's cool to raid? Now it's cool to hunt in big groups? I remember there used to be restrictions on what was acceptable. Guess those got tossed out with the bath water.

Empire: Get back to the politics. Get back to making Sect more important. The donations required now are pitiful, and everyone fully expects to be promoted when they achieve both donation level and guild level. I used to laugh in the face of anyone who asked me for a promotion. If they had to ask for it, they weren't worthy of it. Now it's expected because they met some basic requirement. Limiting of the Elite positions was a good move, we need more things like that.

Anti-Paladins: They have the potential for some of the most powerful characters in the game, and yet there are so few. Why?

Unholy Blessing & Controls: The controls are really cool, but they are basically nullified by an invoker. Seems these really cool blessings fashioned from demons & devils would have a little more to them than that. Maybe the weapon attack type doesn't change, but the cool extras still go off. Or perhaps the damage type rotates between the original and the blessed one. I never used any of them until I got the acid one because more than half my fights were against invoker shielded Fortress folks.

Grurk MuoukTue 06-Jul-04 07:47 PM
Member since 15th Mar 2004
538 posts
Click to send email to this author Click to add this author to your buddy list
#28743, "RE: So long, and thanks for all the souls"
In response to Reply #3

Bah I let you off cheap. It was right after you didn't hesitate
giving up two fire opal rings, that I realized I probably could have
gotten more for that axe.

Owell.

Luck in the fields.

Grurk

Gulthruck (Guest)Tue 06-Jul-04 08:00 PM

#28746, "RE: Trading for unholy weapons"
In response to Reply #5

>Bah I let you off cheap. It was right after you didn't
>hesitate
>giving up two fire opal rings, that I realized I probably
>could have
>gotten more for that axe.

That's true. I'd traded more for an axe with two charges in it. Charges are a premium. You can always get more gear. Honestly, for that axe, I'd have given you everything I was wearing

Lightmaged (Guest)Tue 06-Jul-04 07:53 PM

#28745, "Rest well soul collector"
In response to Reply #3

I first thought you only log on when you had a bunch of Imp backup, to put yourself at no risk. You were developing quite the 'cowardly Imperial' reputation amungst majority of lightwalkers in the fort. Then I realized you just dont log in very often..period. (As explained in your post). When you were around though, you kept everyone on their toes and I think you did a hell of a job in the short time spans you played in.

Cool charactor...(Not all of us are geeks that can play 7 hours a day.) *chuckle*

Gulthruck (Guest)Tue 06-Jul-04 09:04 PM

#28750, "RE: Rest well soul collector"
In response to Reply #6

>I first thought you only log on when you had a bunch of Imp
>backup, to put yourself at no risk.

I took lots of risks when my unholy weapon wasn't very good. As it grew, I got more and more conservative. It also became easier to kill folks.

>You were developing quite
>the 'cowardly Imperial' reputation amungst majority of
>lightwalkers in the fort. Then I realized you just dont log
>in very often..period. (As explained in your post).

I could see that. It goes both ways at times, and I was definitely deserving of it at times.

>When you
>were around though, you kept everyone on their toes and I
>think you did a hell of a job in the short time spans you
>played in.

Thanks, I had a good time with him.

>Cool charactor...(Not all of us are geeks that can play 7
>hours a day.) *chuckle*

Oh how I miss those days

Audriel (Guest)Tue 06-Jul-04 08:43 PM

#28747, "Acolytes"
In response to Reply #3

Acolytes: So now it's cool to raid? Now it's cool to hunt in big groups? I remember there used to be restrictions on what was acceptable. Guess those got tossed out with the bath water.

I don't know who or what exactly you're referring to, but I'll field this statement. By your own admission, you never played much. Therefore, your statement shows more of a perception than an observation... A reasonable perception, I'll grant you.

To answer your question, there are some guidelines. Ultimately, it will often depend on the individual Acolyte's philosophy.

There is no general rule that Acolytes must be pacifists, or that they must fight alone if they do fight.
Generally Acolytes should not raid.
Generally Acolytes must use best efforts to retrieve. They probably have the most freedom to act violently when the orb is out of their hands.

If you personally observed questionable behavior from Acolytes, they may or may not have had a reason to act as they did. Did you bother to talk to them or me about it?

At any rate, you'd be happy to know that virtually all of the scribes are gone, either because they were fed up with all the restrictions, or they were dismissed. It's a hard cabal.

Gulthruck (Guest)Tue 06-Jul-04 09:10 PM

#28751, "RE: Acolytes"
In response to Reply #8

>Acolytes: So now it's cool to raid? Now it's cool to hunt
>in big groups? I remember there used to be restrictions on
>what was acceptable. Guess those got tossed out with the bath
>water.

>
>I don't know who or what exactly you're referring to, but I'll
>field this statement. By your own admission, you never played
>much. Therefore, your statement shows more of a perception
>than an observation... A reasonable perception, I'll grant
>you.

Okay, I'll buy that.

>To answer your question, there are some guidelines.
>Ultimately, it will often depend on the individual Acolyte's
>philosophy.

The philosophy of some I've seen seems more in line with Maran than Acolyte, and yet they still are.

>There is no general rule that Acolytes must be pacifists, or
>that they must fight alone if they do fight.

I wouldn't expect them to be pacifists. I would however not expect them to be leading the hunting parties either.

>Generally Acolytes should not raid.
>Generally Acolytes must use best efforts to retrieve. They
>probably have the most freedom to act violently when the orb
>is out of their hands.

I could see that, though it seems like there are no rules while the Orb is not held. They all just turn into Maran with succor.

>If you personally observed questionable behavior from
>Acolytes, they may or may not have had a reason to act as they
>did. Did you bother to talk to them or me about it?

I never took it upon myself to complain about it in character. I took the angle that they were bloodthirsty and they pleased the Dark Gods with their bloodlust

>At any rate, you'd be happy to know that virtually all of the
>scribes are gone, either because they were fed up with all the
>restrictions, or they were dismissed. It's a hard cabal.

That's cool. It's probably the one bad apple that I kept running into. Thanks for the response.

Rouchevien (Guest)Tue 06-Jul-04 09:38 PM

#28753, "RE: Acolytes"
In response to Reply #12

As someone who's played two Acolytes before, the line is hard to draw. I've been berated for being too pacifist, berated for being too violent. The common metaphor used to describe the Maran and the Acolyte, is the Sword and the Shield. Both are tools used in a battle, for the purpose of killing the enemy. You can't hold a shield and fend off an enemy indefinitely without striking back.

As Gulthruck went, he was a tough antipaladin. I am reminded of the times when I had to face The Anti-Hero, and The Other Anti-Hero. I remember fighting you twice, once in balator, once in barovia. I would have liked to face you more, but it seems our timing did not coincide, as well as my own personal reasons for not playing as much as I used to.

Finally, I believe your comments on Blitzenturt may be unfair. There are iron fisted emperors. There are nasty emperors. There are decadent ones. There are also those who rule with a smile and a paternal attitude, scheming for their own good behind. Leadership of a cabal can be measured in a few ways. The overall strenght of the cabal, the roleplaying fun the leader brings, the enjoyment the leader brings to friends and foes, the richness that is added to the environment that is CF. I think Blitz does that fine, as one who knows him from both sides of the fence.

Scharnz (Guest)Tue 06-Jul-04 09:39 PM

#28754, "RE: So long, and thanks for all the souls"
In response to Reply #3

Scharnz: You took way to many chances and paid for them. I can respect that, but next time, maybe a little more conservative.

Why you hatin' on Scharnz!!! But on a serious note, i sensed that people like Blitz couldn't believe I would continue attacking them when it meant near certain death for me. Anyway people forget that I killed more people than most marans.....except i died four times as much

During that time you had your powerful axe, I didn't know about it and on the cb channel i said something along the lines of 'Scharnz go puts Gulthrucks in coffins yess?' Which was replied to by all the hero Fort members with 'Are you an idiot, yess?'
And I think i went right ahead and died to you.
Good luck on your next.

DwoggurdWed 07-Jul-04 03:22 AM
Member since 20th Jan 2004
668 posts
Click to send email to this author Click to send private message to this author Click to add this author to your buddy list
#28816, "Re"
In response to Reply #3
Edited on Wed 07-Jul-04 03:24 AM

Since they both are gone:
There was hidden contest between Zyverin and Yanine.
Should any of them reach hero rank and show consistency I would replace you.
( it would be demotion, not anathemization )
Not because I find them much better than you but merely because
of time issue which is important for any leadership position.

Grottimgesh

Gulthruck (Guest)Fri 09-Jul-04 01:25 AM

#28980, "RE: Imperial Dread Lord"
In response to Reply #15

>Since they both are gone:
>There was hidden contest between Zyverin and Yanine.
>Should any of them reach hero rank and show consistency I
>would replace you.
> it would be demotion, not anathemization )
>Not because I find them much better than you but merely
>because
>of time issue which is important for any leadership position.
>
>Grottimgesh

Sounds pretty cool. As I said, I knew I was an easy target, I was just hoping it would be a demotion and not Anathema. Though I'd probably have stuck it out as Anathema a while, I did well enough on my own.

Els (Guest)Wed 07-Jul-04 04:38 AM

#28862, "Heh."
In response to Reply #3

>Elstratuviel: Annoying pretty much sums you up.

Meaning ? I think we fought once or twice. Once (actually the one time I'm pretty sure we fought) was in the troglodyte caverns, where you 'demolished' and 'devastated' through aura, resisting and shield (stoneskin might be possible too, but I don't know about that). I was hitting you zip after I sang that fiend (a strong one, which you killed in no time), and once that one was dead, I had to flee pretty soon. So, if you mean annoying as in 'swatting for a bug', sure. There was not really much I could do than bzzz around as long as you had that big axe. After it got leeched, we never fought, so I wouldn't know. (also, most of the times, your hours were like 5-6 in the morning for me, and I rarely play at those times). So, a short explanation ?

Gulthruck (Guest)Fri 09-Jul-04 01:23 AM

#28979, "RE: Heh."
In response to Reply #16

>>Elstratuviel: Annoying pretty much sums you up.
>
>Meaning ?

You always showed up when the Fortress has numbers. Piling on as it were. You (and most bards) are a one trick fiend pony. You were also slippery, always getting away from what should have been your death.

Els (Guest)Fri 09-Jul-04 07:42 AM

#28995, "I beg to differ"
In response to Reply #27

I don't think you're in the position to say I always show up when the Fortress is in numbers, because you were hardly ever around when I was, and even then out times oberlapped for an hour max. When I log on, it's for three-four hours in a row most of the times, whatever the odds. Do I log off when, for instance there are four imperials and it's just me? I might have, but that would be coincidential. Do I log on with another character to see who's in hero pk-range, and then log on with Elstratuviel if we're in favor? Ridiculous. There have been enough times that I logged on and the odds where against me, and there have been logs of that on dioxides (raids/defenses). So, I beg to differ, and I hope you won't base yourself on a couple of moments/situations to make statements like that about such things again. I have read in other threads that people thought of you as you did of me, but I won't be agreeing/disagreeing with them, since that would cause a 'you did this'-'you did that'-'you're cheating'-'no, you're cheating' thread. And that's not my intention at all. Believe what you may, I've said my thing about this, and I'll leave it at that.

About that one trick pony: Sure thing, play a bard and you'll understand.

About the slippery thing: true, I hardly ever get killed in one-to-one sitations; I don't tend to stay around when I see my hp's dropping like crazy and the other's not even 'covered'.

Lekerjey (Guest)Wed 07-Jul-04 05:18 AM

#28886, "RE: So long, and thanks for all the souls"
In response to Reply #3

i sincerely wanted to talk to you after that last fight. but i guess it's not going to happen.

perhaps if you got to know the marans and acolytes a little more, you will note the differences between them. there are quite a number. perhaps the only interaction we all had with you was fighting, and that is why.

i believe there are things that must be the same for all acolytes, and that is duty and their oath. defending, spreading word, being the shield of Marans and the peoples being their top priorities. apart from that, i believe each acolyte the right to behave differently.

as for empire and fort gangs, this is true, but i think it is alright. war is war afterall. i have been in a large group, or been killed by one. i know the feeling of your last death. well fought. i'll see you again.

Gulthruck (Guest)Fri 09-Jul-04 01:11 AM

#28974, "RE: So long, and thanks for all the souls"
In response to Reply #17

>i sincerely wanted to talk to you after that last fight. but
>i guess it's not going to happen.

I'm still trying to figure out how you got 3 or 4 neurological disruptions off on me when I had -60 or -70 in paralysis. Ah well.

>perhaps if you got to know the marans and acolytes a little
>more, you will note the differences between them. there are
>quite a number. perhaps the only interaction we all had with
>you was fighting, and that is why.

And from fighting alone you can't tell them apart. Seems a little strange to me given their completely opposite philosophies.

>i believe there are things that must be the same for all
>acolytes, and that is duty and their oath. defending,
>spreading word, being the shield of Marans and the peoples
>being their top priorities. apart from that, i believe each
>acolyte the right to behave differently.

Until they start being Maran.

>as for empire and fort gangs, this is true, but i think it is
>alright. war is war afterall. i have been in a large group, or
>been killed by one. i know the feeling of your last death.
>well fought. i'll see you again.

It's the only way they fight right now. If it's always going to be six on one (thanks to a summoner on one side or the other), why bother?

ZarguWed 07-Jul-04 07:18 AM
Member since 06th Mar 2003
208 posts
Click to send email to this author Click to send private message to this author Click to view this author's profile Click to add this author to your buddy list Click to send message via ICQ
#28924, "RE: So long, and thanks for all the souls"
In response to Reply #3

What no mention for the one who dragged you to hell and back??

I liked your char, even you did a few mistakes now and then, remember right before we went to hell... You greeted Khas by his name and only by that... (Yet it wasnt only Njaal that buggede you for it! )

http://www.qhcf.net/forum-2003/logs/vpost.pl?24538

See the above log for what i speak of...

You where around for three of my chars that got to hero, thats says a bit about how old you was.. I had obviusly thought you where much older as Yanacek said he was often around you at times where i wasnt around.. Anyways, had a blast travelling with you into hell, it was obvious that it wasnt your first time there...

See you around
Zhenzar, Aka Drakazar, aka Talabrina

Gulthruck (Guest)Fri 09-Jul-04 01:14 AM

#28975, "RE: So long, and thanks for all the souls"
In response to Reply #18

>What no mention for the one who dragged you to hell and
>back??

And back? I think a band of devils took care of that for me Yeah, thanks for the invite. As I said, one of the best times I've ever had in the game. Yes I'd been there before with one character a long time ago. We made it farther than that group, so I'm happy about that.

>I liked your char, even you did a few mistakes now and then,
>remember right before we went to hell... You greeted Khas by
>his name and only by that... (Yet it wasnt only Njaal that
>buggede you for it! )
>
>http://www.qhcf.net/forum-2003/logs/vpost.pl?24538
>
>See the above log for what i speak of...

Damn me and my insulting ways. I was too busy being worried about making it for Hell to even know that I did something wrong

>You where around for three of my chars that got to hero, thats
>says a bit about how old you was.. I had obviusly thought you
>where much older as Yanacek said he was often around you at
>times where i wasnt around.. Anyways, had a blast travelling
>with you into hell, it was obvious that it wasnt your first
>time there...

Thanks

>See you around
>Zhenzar, Aka Drakazar, aka Talabrina

Laes (Guest)Wed 07-Jul-04 08:17 AM

#28925, "RE: So long, and thanks for all the souls"
In response to Reply #3

>Blitzenturt says 'Now, Dread Lord.'
>Blitzenturt says 'I ask you a question.'
>Blitzenturt says 'Which Sect in my Empire is the weakest.'
>You say 'The Shadow.'

Keep dreaming sweetly

Gulthruck (Guest)Fri 09-Jul-04 01:16 AM

#28976, "RE: So long, and thanks for all the souls"
In response to Reply #19

>>Blitzenturt says 'Now, Dread Lord.'
>>Blitzenturt says 'I ask you a question.'
>>Blitzenturt says 'Which Sect in my Empire is the weakest.'
>>You say 'The Shadow.'
>
>Keep dreaming sweetly

Like I'd come out and say Black

Thinking more about it though, Black probably has more donations than Shadow & Divine. Black's leadership showed up about as much as Shadows in my opinion. Black's membership is probably on par with Shadow, and much greater than Divine.

Oh well. Nothing I have to worry about anymore. Maybe I'll go see what this Outlander thing is all about.

KhasotholasWed 07-Jul-04 05:23 PM
Member since 23rd Apr 2003
341 posts
Click to add this author to your buddy list
#28942, "RE: So long, and thanks for all the souls"
In response to Reply #3

I rarely saw you on. When I did, I was like... Aha! Now I can demote him! I'd start watching you, and you'd be beating hell out of the Empires enemies. That, coupled with the fact that you're right, nobody stepped up to take your place, made me leave well enough alone. Glad I did.

Khas

Gulthruck (Guest)Fri 09-Jul-04 01:17 AM

#28977, "RE: So long, and thanks for all the souls"
In response to Reply #20

>I rarely saw you on. When I did, I was like... Aha! Now I
>can demote him! I'd start watching you, and you'd be beating
>hell out of the Empires enemies.

At least I had that going for me. One day I'll find the time to play this game more seriously, though I doubt I'll ever get the 3 month, 300 hour, rage delete guy ever again. Those days are long gone.

>That, coupled with the fact
>that you're right, nobody stepped up to take your place, made
>me leave well enough alone. Glad I did.

Thanks again.

>Khas

Yanine (Guest)Thu 08-Jul-04 12:29 PM

#28964, "Sad..."
In response to Reply #3

Sad that you didn't really play a good character. You could become emperor youreself, I had no doubt. Not bad for an experimental char... And I never been a female - proving that you didn't play much. I've been promised your position, and should I not die (now I know why did I die, thanks to my poor english - I mistook an ingredient) I would be a dread lord, yep. Actually, I've been working on bringing you down from that position and almost successed, but then the quest thing shuffled my cards.

Gulthruck (Guest)Fri 09-Jul-04 01:20 AM

#28978, "RE: Sad..."
In response to Reply #21

>Sad that you didn't really play a good character.

I think I played a good character, just didn't have the time to invest to be the best.

>You could become emperor youreself, I had no doubt. Not bad for an
>experimental char...

Yes, I made it much farther than I expected.

>And I never been a female - proving
>that you didn't play much.

Oops, sorry about that.

>I've been promised your position,
>and should I not die (now I know why did I die, thanks to my
>poor english - I mistook an ingredient) I would be a dread
>lord, yep.

I assumed as much. You'd have done a fine job.

>Actually, I've been working on bringing you down
>from that position and almost successed, but then the quest
>thing shuffled my cards.

I was an easy target and I knew it, though I refused to go anathema anyone who would be coming for my spot. I'd rather have stayed an Elite Black and had fun killing people.

BajulaTue 06-Jul-04 04:32 PM
Member since 04th Mar 2003
929 posts
Click to send email to this author Click to send private message to this author Click to view this author's profile Click to add this author to your buddy list
#28731, "Our few fights were fun. I enjoyed every moment."
In response to Reply #0

Roll up another.

NhialaTue 06-Jul-04 04:07 PM
Member since 26th May 2004
92 posts
Click to send email to this author Click to send private message to this author Click to add this author to your buddy list
#28724, "RE: (DELETED) [EMPIRE] Gulthruck Vaalnu, the Fist of Da..."
In response to Reply #0

You were beastly. Good job from what I saw, except for the lack of playing time.

And people think shield-paladins are overpowered. Pshaw.

Gulthruck (Guest)Tue 06-Jul-04 07:21 PM

#28742, "Re: Playing time"
In response to Reply #1

>You were beastly. Good job from what I saw, except for the
>lack of playing time.

Yeah. I probably averaged an hour a day over the course of my life. Most of that coming on the weekends. I was very surprised that I was given all the opportunities I was throughout my life. I am thankful for it, I also wish I had another 2 hours in every day so I could play more.

>And people think shield-paladins are overpowered. Pshaw.

Overpowered? Nah. Hard to kill? Yes.

Top General Discussions The Battlefield Topic #28722 Previous topic | Next topic