Subject: "(DELETED) Olofo Sofolo the Crier of War, Songsmith of t..." Previous topic | Next topic
Printer-friendly copy Email this topic to a friend CF Website
Top General Discussions The Battlefield Topic #28639
Show all folders

Olofo (Guest)Sat 03-Jul-04 02:24 PM

#28639, "(DELETED) Olofo Sofolo the Crier of War, Songsmith of the Clarion"

I have been trying to do this for some time, but every time that I got close to deleting, Vynmylak would give me a speech about how a real villager would continue the war. Some people may not believe this, but I actually enjoyed all of the opposition that I had. Every single time that I died I would get very pissed off, but it really made the game fun to know that you have people to fight and that you weren't just going to sit around bored all the time.

Battle is a wonderful cabal, and I am glad that I had the opportunity to be a part of it. My complaints are very few, but I do wish that I could have understood Ordasen a bit better, would have seen a little more of Thror (I know he is "mad busy"), and just perhaps had a little more of the atmosphere that once made battle so much fun for me.

On to the goodbyes:

Vynmylak: I think I envisioned something different than what I ended up doing with this character. Perhaps our times did not mesh all that well, but it seems like the times I was rewarded was when I would basically go to your shrine and intentionally try to impress you. Maybe I was lacking a bit in the RP area? Anyhow, I think that you are an amazing Immortal, and there is nothing like hearing "A thundering voice says 'Well done, Olofo', after getting a kill. I appreciate the opportunity to quest for con, but my chances of killing that character were probably slim to none.

I am sure that you didn't want to chat with an active character, but if you do feel like sharing your feelings about what I did well and what I sucked at, I e-mailed you my e-mail address.

Jinroh: I loved Jinroh, I thought he was badass and had a good leadership style. You always stood by your beliefs, and I think that is very cool (even when you uninducted villagers that I was very good friends with). Overall, I will miss fighting (and when I say fighting, I really mean dying) by your side...good luck as an Immortal.

Hamashor: DAMN YOU. When you deleted I stopped having fun with this character. You were very cool.

Sammie: I didn't get to know you until later in life, and even though Jinroh didn't seem to feel the same...I thought you were a great villager. Well done!

Iborenn: Solid character, well done.

Ayik: Man, some of that stuff that we talked about over the cabal channel had me rolling on the ground. Take it easy Tiger.

Fhinsdry: You always seemed to dislike me, but I thought you did a fine job.

TRIBUNAL:

I could mention many of you here, but I will just say:

Lemath, you made me feel warm and fuzzy inside. Well done.

Empire:

Blitzenturt and company: Well played, great imperials.

Anyway, it was a lot of fun playing my first bard ever, and my first rager in nearly 4 years.

Olofo/Gwimdorf/Corvus/Nesam and a few others.

Alert | IP Printer Friendly copy | Reply | Reply with quote | Top

Reply RE: (DELETED) Olofo Sofolo the Crier of War, Songsmith ..., Fungo (Guest), 05-Jul-04 07:33 AM, #6
Reply Sorry for not getting around to replying, had alot of s..., Hastur (Guest), 04-Jul-04 07:22 PM, #5
Reply I enjoyed playing around you.., Iborenn (Guest), 04-Jul-04 04:56 PM, #4
Reply Well then, Elijsie (Guest), 04-Jul-04 02:54 PM, #3
Reply A good run., Jinroh, 03-Jul-04 07:35 PM, #2
Reply RE: (DELETED) Olofo Sofolo the Crier of War, Songsmith ..., Vynmylak, 03-Jul-04 04:20 PM, #1

Fungo (Guest)Mon 05-Jul-04 07:33 AM

#28695, "RE: (DELETED) Olofo Sofolo the Crier of War, Songsmith ..."
In response to Reply #0

I remember Olofo as the first bard Fungor travelled with. I remember Olofo singing along the way and drinking alcohol. We both were PK:ed for the first time by Yxiou the duergar after getting into the PK:able levels. Got our asses kicked, but Fungor never forgot the drunkard(Or so Fungor thought at that time) bard with whom he travelled in his youth.

Good luck for your next

Fungor

Hastur (Guest)Sun 04-Jul-04 07:22 PM

#28686, "Sorry for not getting around to replying, had alot of s..."
In response to Reply #0

Its been a while since I've seen a easy going rager, it wasnt a constant slug or strain to play with you. I find the game so much more fun when you can sit back take things in their stride and not be overly fussed about certain events.

You always were the grease for those wheels, kept them running smoothly. I hope that there will be some drastic changes in reguards to battle and how it is handled. Hopefully with more imms in the cabal this can be done easily.

Cheers from me and the three ragers that I played alongside you with

Iborenn (Guest)Sun 04-Jul-04 04:56 PM

#28681, "I enjoyed playing around you.."
In response to Reply #0

Sometimes you could get a laugh out of me..
Never really got to raid with you as much as I would have liked I feel as though we could have been a terror together.. *sigh*

Anyway good luck on your next

Elijsie (Guest)Sun 04-Jul-04 02:54 PM

#28679, "Well then"
In response to Reply #0

I really liked you alot, a good bard in battle that knew what to do was a god send. When you got tatt'ed and that sweet title I was truelly happy for you. Good luck with the next.

JinrohSat 03-Jul-04 07:35 PM
Member since 07th Apr 2004
141 posts
Click to send email to this author Click to send private message to this author Click to view this author's profile Click to add this author to your buddy list
#28657, "A good run."
In response to Reply #0

You were a great bard in battle Olofo. Always willing to charge in. But since you were always higher priority on who to kill list by enemies, you always died and I always got away, but we usually caused some damage first.

Thanks for the compliments and they apply right back to you. I still have warm, fuzzy feelings when I reread the songs and notes you wrote, especially your first one for induction. Damn good stuff. It was great and I hope you come back soon. Damn, such a good bard and good character.

VynmylakSat 03-Jul-04 04:20 PM
Member since 04th Mar 2003
52 posts
Click to send email to this author Click to send private message to this author Click to view this author's profile Click to add this author to your buddy list
#28644, "RE: (DELETED) Olofo Sofolo the Crier of War, Songsmith ..."
In response to Reply #0

Disappointed in seeing you take off, but figured it was going to happen. I was really hoping to see you succeed in the quest I'd given you; not sure if you'd gotten the chance to attempt it or not. Your RP was excellent, sorry you felt slighted. In conjunction with timing issues, I'd watched you enough to be comfortable with what you were doing for a marked follower of mine. I always enjoyed your bardic works when you'd come to the shrine; having played an artistic bard as well in the past, I always enjoy those players who try to expand upon that side of the class as well. Email isn't working for me currently, but I do believe the message functionality on these forums do work.

Best of luck with the next,

Vyn

Top General Discussions The Battlefield Topic #28639 Previous topic | Next topic