Subject: "(RAGE DELETE) [None] Paleras the Master of Stealth" Previous topic | Next topic
Printer-friendly copy Email this topic to a friend CF Website
Top General Discussions The Battlefield Topic #28449
Show all folders

Death_AngelSat 26-Jun-04 10:32 PM
Member since 26th Sep 2024
17185 posts
Click to send email to this author Click to send private message to this author Click to view this author's profile Click to add this author to your buddy list
#28449, "(RAGE DELETE) [None] Paleras the Master of Stealth"

Sat Jun 26 22:30:19 2004

At 5 o'clock PM, Day of Freedom, 4th of the Month of the Shadows
on the Theran calendar Paleras perished, never to return.

Race:half-elf
Class:thief
Level:35
Alignment:Good
Ethos:Orderly
Cabal:None, None
Hours:109

Alert | IP Printer Friendly copy | Reply | Reply with quote | Top

Reply No idea if you remember me, That dwarf (Guest), 27-Jun-04 02:32 AM, #2
Reply I remember you., Pro-ish (Guest), 27-Jun-04 05:02 PM, #4
     Reply Frustrating., Manden (Guest), 27-Jun-04 06:57 PM, #5
     Reply doh...vital edit., Manden (Guest), 27-Jun-04 07:30 PM, #6
          Reply Perceptions, Pro-ish (Guest), 27-Jun-04 10:56 PM, #8
               Reply Palabra, Manden (Guest), 28-Jun-04 12:57 AM, #10
     Reply RE: I remember you., That dwarf (Guest), 27-Jun-04 10:29 PM, #7
          Reply It's all good then., Pro-ish (Guest), 27-Jun-04 10:57 PM, #9
Reply Huh, I made it here with a 35?, Pro-ish. (Guest), 26-Jun-04 11:42 PM, #1
     Reply Anything 30+ makes it to battlefields. nt, Odelius, 27-Jun-04 03:02 AM, #3

That dwarf (Guest)Sun 27-Jun-04 02:32 AM

#28456, "No idea if you remember me"
In response to Reply #0

I was that certain dwarf who you interviewed, and eventually rejected for that RP reason. Just wanted to apologize if you took that later note personally, because everyone else seemed to. 100% IC, I assure.

Pro-ish (Guest)Sun 27-Jun-04 05:02 PM

#28469, "I remember you."
In response to Reply #2

I understood you were angry IRL and I had no reason to think your charater wouldn't be angry either.

I hope you understand the reasons I didn't approve.

The irony is I usually just look for competence and rarely dig into a person's background save for the most superficial questions.

In real life I could care less why a person fights for/along side of me as long as he fights for/ along side of me.

But just as in real life if I felt someone could turn on me or my cause, I'd have to do my best to put him out.

I think you had a semi-decent role there, You've used it before though unless I ran into another Dwarven warrior with the exact same angle before when I was playing Gruhm Hammerheart.

I really wish I hadn't deleted this Character but after I got Canned by Lemath, and getting mowed due to my own fault, I had to. Part of the reason I feel bad is that, My choices while alive affected people like yourself and so if you had wanted to appeal to me, well I wasn't there anymore.

Also, if I remember correctly, you didn't capitalize the first letter in your scentences ever. I'm a poor speller I know, but that just irks me to no end. At least I think that was you.

Good luck, See you in the fields.

Manden (Guest)Sun 27-Jun-04 06:57 PM

#28470, "Frustrating."
In response to Reply #4

I liked you quite a bit at first. After I was asked to arbitrate the petty dispute between you and another Magistrate (whose name I'd appreciate you mention if you reply) I lost a lot of respect for everyone involved. IC, from what I could tell, you were right, but I have the feeling I was not being told total truths by everyone, and ended up feeling like I was sitting two of my 7 year olds in the corners. What bothered me the most OOC, as I can pretend it is people rping like immature kids instead of something else, was that you used the fact that you thought he was a n00b against him when you were arguing your case. I still liked your character after that, but it put a bad taste in my mouth as you can guess.

Some comments on your previous post:

"In real life I could care less why a person fights for/along side of me as long as he fights for/ along side of me." Do you know any of the history of Latin America or the Middle East for the past 50 years? Or are those all leftist conspiracies that didn't actually happen?

"I really wish I hadn't deleted this Character but after I got Canned by Lemath, and getting mowed due to my own fault, I had to." It seems like you could've gotten back in had you wanted to put through the effort. That plus one death, no matter how stupid, hardly forces someone to delete a character. I wish you would've stuck it out, it could've been pretty cool.

Manden (Guest)Sun 27-Jun-04 07:30 PM

#28472, "doh...vital edit."
In response to Reply #5

"I liked you quite a bit at first. After I was asked to arbitrate the petty dispute between you and another Magistrate (whose name I'd appreciate you mention if you reply)"

I meant to write that I don't want you to mention the Magitrate's name. Please, please don't.

Magistrate Manden, Idiot

Pro-ish (Guest)Sun 27-Jun-04 10:56 PM

#28476, "Perceptions"
In response to Reply #6

Funny you should say that about the Newbie thing.

I wasn't trying to come across as "Hey this guy is a newbie take my side in the argument". And Indeed I thought I played it well by not asking for your judgment until you spoke to him.

What I was trying to do was get someone else who I knew to have level head and some insight into these matters to help the guy out.

Because of the argument we had, I was afraid he was going to develop into more than what it should have been.

I was upset that the guy had what I perceived to be an attitude of superiority that I didn't see as justified. When out disagreement broke down into an all out squabble, I figured it best to get an outsider to arbitrate it.

I know you from two other characters as well as with Paleras, and I figured if anyone could help, you could.

Where I think I went wrong is I let some of my other character mix in.

Either way, I felt you handled it well, and it accomplished what I sought to achieve. I'm a manager IRL and I knew that something must be done.

I feel bad that you feel the way you do about it, I guess it's just a matter of people seeing things differently. To me it was a mature, well spoken and played scene.

As far as Dying goes and sticking it out... Well, it's me. There are few things I won't delete over when it comes to death. To sit there and know a fire giant is in the area and to forget to hide, just irks me to no end.

It may seem odd to other players, but I just don't understand how people can hold onto a character they repeatedly get killed with. It seems like low self esteem to me. Like, aw #### it, I don't care if I'm the best or not.

I'm not saying I feel like I'm the best, but I'm obsessive when it comes to "Getting it right".

I make some characters, that I can let die several times, because they aren't "competitive types", my warrior, PK types though, if they die, that's it. They loose their appeal then and there for me.

Any hoot Keep up the good work. My other Characters Love ya still.

Pro

P.S. I knew you ment not to reveal.

Manden (Guest)Mon 28-Jun-04 12:57 AM

#28479, "Palabra"
In response to Reply #8

I'll be interested to see what you have to say when I die, having known me with so many characters, and I'm honored by your comments.

One of the biggest weaknesses of me as a player is that I'm really bothered by ooc comments masquerading as ic comments. Whenever people talk about their 'mind being slow' or 'losing their mind' I want to multi-kill them (unfortunately, they're usually my groupmates, jejeje). I think it's extremely lame, I mean, listen to what you're saying, folks. So, that's why I got so annoyed by any mention to someone's playing time.

I think it may be that other characters are less concerned with being 'the best' (or anything close to that) as they are with enjoying their character. Myself, I've found that the more developed my character gets in role/interactions/age/rank the more I enjoy them. I also like seeing myself grow more competent with my characters and be able to survive pks that would normally kill me when I wasn't that familiar with the way my character fought.

Cheers.

That dwarf (Guest)Sun 27-Jun-04 10:29 PM

#28475, "RE: I remember you."
In response to Reply #4

>I understood you were angry IRL and I had no reason to think
>your charater wouldn't be angry either.

Eh, no, just chasing a decent RP.

>I think you had a semi-decent role there, You've used it
>before though unless I ran into another Dwarven warrior with
>the exact same angle before when I was playing Gruhm
>Hammerheart.

Eh, no again.

>Also, if I remember correctly, you didn't capitalize the first
>letter in your scentences ever. I'm a poor speller I know, but
>that just irks me to no end. At least I think that was you.

Sorry, still not me.

Pro-ish (Guest)Sun 27-Jun-04 10:57 PM

#28477, "It's all good then."
In response to Reply #7

I had no problem with your character as a fellow player at all.

Pro-ish. (Guest)Sat 26-Jun-04 11:42 PM

#28451, "Huh, I made it here with a 35?"
In response to Reply #0

Well he was one of my favorites. When I died while AFK because I forgot to hide, Pft!

Very fun character though.

OdeliusSun 27-Jun-04 03:02 AM
Member since 26th Dec 2003
110 posts
Click to send email to this author Click to send private message to this author Click to view this author's profile Click to add this author to your buddy list
#28457, "Anything 30+ makes it to battlefields. nt"
In response to Reply #1

nt

You dont stop playing because you grow old, you grow old because you stop playing.

Top General Discussions The Battlefield Topic #28449 Previous topic | Next topic