Subject: "(DELETED) [FORTRESS] Tykareth the Huntsman" Previous topic | Next topic
Printer-friendly copy Email this topic to a friend CF Website
Top General Discussions The Battlefield Topic #28091
Show all folders

Death_AngelTue 15-Jun-04 03:20 PM
Member since 28th Sep 2024
17190 posts
Click to send email to this author Click to send private message to this author Click to view this author's profile Click to add this author to your buddy list
#28091, "(DELETED) [FORTRESS] Tykareth the Huntsman"

Tue Jun 15 15:16:04 2004

At 5 o'clock AM, Day of the Moon, 21st of the Month of the Ancient Darkness
on the Theran calendar Tykareth perished, never to return.

Race:human
Class:ranger
Level:36
Alignment:Good
Ethos:Chaotic
Cabal:FORTRESS, the Fortress of Light
Hours:70

Alert | IP Printer Friendly copy | Reply | Reply with quote | Top

Reply Was fun to play I guess..., Gaplemo (Guest), 15-Jun-04 03:31 PM, #1
     Reply RE: Was fun to play I guess..., Ror (Guest), 15-Jun-04 04:34 PM, #2
     Reply RE: Was fun to play I guess..., Remthael (Guest), 15-Jun-04 04:34 PM, #3
     Reply RE: Was fun to play I guess..., Audriel (Guest), 15-Jun-04 04:55 PM, #4
     Reply RE: Was fun to play I guess..., Scharnz (Guest), 15-Jun-04 08:28 PM, #5
     Reply you did fine., Bajula, 15-Jun-04 09:28 PM, #6
     Reply Had me worried, Gerawl (Guest), 16-Jun-04 03:07 AM, #7
     Reply RE: Was fun to play I guess..., Celebrimbor (Guest), 16-Jun-04 06:38 PM, #8

Gaplemo (Guest)Tue 15-Jun-04 03:31 PM

#28092, "Was fun to play I guess..."
In response to Reply #0

I had a good time with Tyrkareth for the most part. I thought that the fortress ranger thing would be awesome with all the wilds there, but I guess I was wrong about that. I love rangers, and this was my first squire, and i love the fortress from what Ive seen so far. However, the ranger/maran thing was not for me. First off, rangers dont fight good outside the wilds. Theyre not designed for it, and theyre not good at it, period. Second, Tykareth was not one to not come when the maran got hit. You attacked, he came, end of story. So it was pretty easy to find him. Usually i got an ambush off and got bashed by at least 4 imperials. Ive fought up to seven before though at a time. Not degrading the empire at all though, thats what theyre supposed to to. Their strength lies in numbers, thats the way it is. And when they hit the maran, its a civilized room, so any chance of me surviving there were usually slim. Most of the time there were two healers, so one would make me glow and they would all flee and proceed to hand me my balls on a platter. I coulda teleported every time i guess, but I wanted in maran enough to not run every time. I had my moments though, i actually made 3 imperials flee sometimes and have to return, usually with the healing of fellow fortress members though. All in all, good character for me, fun for a while. I just dont think I was worthy of being a maran with this char, and I doubt Vynmylak or Shokai ever laid an eye on me my entire lifetime, and I did try. I dont really understand what gets you guys in maran if fighting 4-7 imperials at a time all day long wont, but you guys got my props. On a side note to the captain, thanks for risking your neck for me, I know inducting me was against the rules at the time, and I know I just was a letdown when I got in, but it was fun. To all other fortress members....keep your head up, rough times ahead, and youll see me on your side again one day soon.

Tykareth

P.S. Id like to know how anyone felt about this character, enemy or friend, so feel free to post and let me know what you thought of my first maran shot.

Ror (Guest)Tue 15-Jun-04 04:34 PM

#28093, "RE: Was fun to play I guess..."
In response to Reply #1

Never got to interact much with you. You fought well from what I saw. But yeh, way too much time you spent out of the wilds. Would have been better if you played a secretive loner maran that kept the wilds safe and never showed up to the gang fights at the fort.. Would have been a cool roleplay angle too. Heh Cya

Remthael (Guest)Tue 15-Jun-04 04:34 PM

#28094, "RE: Was fun to play I guess..."
In response to Reply #1

Thought you were pretty dedicated, and I believe that's what helped get you in. You had a pretty good character from what I saw and I'm glad I could help you out when I could. Also glad that you enjoyed the Fort, it's certainly a fun cabal. Good luck with your next.

Audriel (Guest)Tue 15-Jun-04 04:55 PM

#28096, "RE: Was fun to play I guess..."
In response to Reply #1

He looked good to me... Always greeting other members and looking out for them. Good scouting and surveillance. I'm sure the Captain liked it, too. After all, you got in.

Rangers take patience and can be boring - but they are up there with thieves in terms of deviousness. If Tyk had snares, he would have been our secret weapon.

Scharnz (Guest)Tue 15-Jun-04 08:28 PM

#28101, "RE: Was fun to play I guess..."
In response to Reply #1

I thought you were a good squire..crazy and suicidal like Scharnz for the most part except you somehow managed to stay alive during those raids..(obviously I don't manage the same) As for not making maran...well don't feel bad is all I can say. Most squires aren't made maran till they've put in a bunch of hours..though that's clearly not the only factor. I feel your pain though.
Anyway, definitely a good squires, yess? Yep.
Have fun on your next and with all the Fort members deleting we'll need you back.

BajulaTue 15-Jun-04 09:28 PM
Member since 04th Mar 2003
929 posts
Click to send email to this author Click to send private message to this author Click to view this author's profile Click to add this author to your buddy list
#28107, "you did fine."
In response to Reply #1

before you were in you were pointing out where
certain people were that you couldn't harm but
some of us could. you kept helping to retrieve
(i don't remember if you helped raid)
I kept meaning to sit down and talk with you, before
you got in, but it never worked out.
anyway, good luck with the next.

Gerawl (Guest)Wed 16-Jun-04 03:07 AM

#28115, "Had me worried"
In response to Reply #1

At least the time when us lowbies were trying to retrieve, I lose link and come back just as you dirt me and I'm at 56%. Couldn't believe I survived that one. Can't remember if we got you when we came back, but you were a tough ####er with those paladins healing you

We had a little bit of one on one scuffles when we'd both get broken off from the others and I as I remember, they were fairly evenly matched, with one or the other fleeing. I remember thinking it must suck to have nothing to do but serp;serp;serp.

Celebrimbor (Guest)Wed 16-Jun-04 06:38 PM

#28141, "RE: Was fun to play I guess..."
In response to Reply #1

>On a side note to the captain, thanks for risking your neck for me, I know inducting me was against the rules at the time, and I know I just was a letdown when I got in, but it was fun.

I didn't really "break the rules" I just followed the letter of the command given to me, not necessarily the intent. I brought you into the Fortress because you impressed me. During your stint in the cabal you continued to impress me, and at no time did I ever regret my decision to induct you. I was always very proud of your conduct both in and out of combat. I gladly held you up as a role model to aspiring squires.

Very good job.

Top General Discussions The Battlefield Topic #28091 Previous topic | Next topic