Subject: "(AGE DEATH) [TRIBUNAL] Baendra the Spectre" Previous topic | Next topic
Printer-friendly copy Email this topic to a friend CF Website
Top General Discussions The Battlefield Topic #27873
Show all folders

Death_AngelWed 23-Jun-04 11:44 PM
Member since 26th Sep 2024
17185 posts
Click to send email to this author Click to send private message to this author Click to view this author's profile Click to add this author to your buddy list
#27873, "(AGE DEATH) [TRIBUNAL] Baendra the Spectre"

Fri Jun 11 13:27:22 2004

At 11 o'clock AM, Day of Freedom, 25th of the Month of the Spring
on the Theran calendar Baendra perished, never to return.

Race:human
Class:necromancer
Level:47
Alignment:Evil
Ethos:Orderly
Cabal:TRIBUNAL, the Blood Tribunal
Hours:311

Alert | IP Printer Friendly copy | Reply | Reply with quote | Top

Reply A disappointing end to a great ride, Baendraa (Guest), 11-Jun-04 02:19 PM, #3
Reply RE: A disappointing end to a great ride, Agarah (Guest), 11-Jun-04 03:13 PM, #4
Reply *pout*, Lemath (Guest), 11-Jun-04 03:26 PM, #5
Reply don't usually post my email but here..., Baendraa (Guest), 11-Jun-04 04:58 PM, #7
Reply Definetly sad to see another go... *sigh*, Optomkiptum (Guest), 13-Jun-04 09:50 AM, #22
Reply heh, Adgrizn (Guest), 11-Jun-04 04:50 PM, #6
Reply some more farewells, Baendraa (Guest), 11-Jun-04 05:35 PM, #8
Reply Gnome Shifters, Phrid (Guest), 12-Jun-04 03:57 AM, #16
Reply No. Phrid was one of the exceptions, Baendraa (Guest), 12-Jun-04 05:04 AM, #17
Reply Thanks man, KungKRUK (Guest), 16-Jun-04 11:56 AM, #27
Reply RE: A disappointing end to a great ride, Velkurah, 11-Jun-04 08:29 PM, #9
Reply RE: A disappointing end to a great ride, Scarabaeus, 11-Jun-04 08:58 PM, #10
Reply RE: A disappointing end to a great ride, Delrami (Guest), 11-Jun-04 10:19 PM, #11
Reply couple of things, Baendraa (Guest), 11-Jun-04 10:29 PM, #12
     Reply RE: couple of things, Delrami (Guest), 11-Jun-04 11:30 PM, #13
Reply I am not an immortal, Jin roh (Guest), 11-Jun-04 11:42 PM, #14
Reply neither of us ever sealed a kill on the other, Baendraa (Guest), 12-Jun-04 05:10 AM, #18
Reply Damn..., Drokalyth (Guest), 12-Jun-04 01:35 AM, #15
Reply RE: A disappointing end to a great ride, Felar Serpent (Guest), 12-Jun-04 10:12 AM, #19
Reply I believe you refer to this?, Baendraa (Guest), 14-Jun-04 05:04 PM, #25
Reply Too bad., Glilanthis (Guest), 12-Jun-04 01:05 PM, #20
Reply RE: A disappointing end to a great ride, Dwynlir (Guest), 13-Jun-04 09:23 AM, #21
Reply RE: A disappointing end to a great ride, Gjourriec (Guest), 14-Jun-04 05:17 AM, #23
Reply Nice char..., Kaplanov (Guest), 14-Jun-04 04:31 PM, #24
Reply For Phaelim - curious about the punctuation comment, Baendraa (Guest), 16-Jun-04 06:38 AM, #26
Reply Ouch, age death at 62 years, 311 hours?, Pendragon_Surtr, 11-Jun-04 01:31 PM, #1
     Reply Maybe, Hummm (Guest), 11-Jun-04 01:36 PM, #2
          Reply you are correct, Baendraa (Guest), 11-Jun-04 02:20 PM, #28

Baendraa (Guest)Fri 11-Jun-04 02:19 PM

#27876, "A disappointing end to a great ride"
In response to Reply #0

To those who wonder, I'm here because my body failed to withstand the transformation, despite me and my trusty allies (farewells to follow) obtaining the correct "ingredients".

One amusing thing is that at least one of these trusty allies didn't realise what he was helping with (thanks Gulthruk - heh) and there were a few paladins who were very useful along the way, by which I don't mean Lochzan.

It was a great ride though. Being the first to a new area. Getting a quest that didn't require me dealing with the Mad Priest (which is something I wanted to avoid because Baendra, with her views, did not see him as even close to an ideal partner in crime). Meeting several imms without suffering any plagues in the process. Actually I tell a lie. I got smited by an imm for pointing out that hindpaws didn't work in golems when they should (because a mob showed me how to make a golem using hindpaws in the process). But Khasatholas, Grurk (in imm form), Scarabaeus, Phaelim, and Velkurah (and any other imms if they took control of mobs)... I want to say thanks for taking the time to spice up my (sadly short) life, and those I was around.

Khasatholas: Thanks for not plaguing me for telling the Empire how to deal with their citizens. Baendra was very much a political animal and sought to influence both allies and enemies to achieve her goals whereever possible, and her policy was to provide near unstinting aid to most imperials in return for their own, but to have imperial lawbreakers crushed (as in those who broke tribunal law, not imperial law), not only by the Spire, but by the Empire. This was in order to keep troublemakers out of the picture so that she could continue to benefit from the goodwill of the rest of the Empire.

I hope you noticed that I didn't bow to you when Lochzan told me to. I'd already paid my respects with a curtsey earlier, as befits a mortal to a god, but I wasn't having another mortal order me around, so I just ignored him. I half expected you to make your two priests kill me for it.

Phaelim: Wow! The amount of time you put into your followers is amazing. I guess we never gelled. Personally I find interacting with an immortal -in his shrine- a real struggle. I don't know how you speak to a god when you never see him in the context of the rest of your life. I thought that the way I lived my life was consistent with your religion, and I spent hours and hours discussing theories etc with people, but I guess I never saw the light in a way you considered fitting. Anyway, thanks for giving of your time so generously.

Scarabaeus: In reality, I'd pretty much resigned myself to age-dying a necro (which I guess I did) because it must have been something like 4 months since I started researching the transformation (I started well before I heroed or joined the spire) and 3 months since I got my first push in any direction at all from yourself. Well, during that three months I spoke to all the mobs I could think of, looked in all the places I could thing of, went to all the libraries I could think of, prayed and sacrificed from a couple of places I thought seemed suitable, all to no avil. In the end I wanted to keep rp'ing my quest but I literally could think of -nothing- else to actually do. I therefore started to slip back into just being a lawman. When the gechoes started I was pretty laggy and actually missed the crucial line (the one identifying the main character) and so I was only hoping that it was what I thought. It was amazing when my ghoul actually did what I sent him to (although I didn't understand a word you were saying -- thank god for Lochzan!). You might want to know that when you possessed it though it went from con'ing as a perfect match to con'ing as hooded and being "bigger than Thera itself". Not sure if that's something you are bothered about? Anyway, I was looking forward to rp'ing with Davarrah and my (failed) Creator after the transformation. A shame it was not to be. One thing I did find harsh was the need to wait for 6 real time days, prevented from logging on, from the start of my transformation to the end. I can guess why this was, but couldn't my body have failed at the start of the six days instead of at the end? I mean, I spent six days drooling over things only to finally log back on and have my hopes dashed. Don't think me ungrateful because I'd much rather make a failed attempt than not get the chance to make an attempt at all. But I would rather not have had the six day wait to find out I failed. Keep the six day waits for the guys who succeed maybe!

Grurk: You were quite different as an imm to as a mortal. The fact you chose to interpret the law differently to me with Rouchevien and Xalli was not something I felt comfortable with. I felt that as an evil tribunal I should use the law mercilessly in order to enforce it. The precise wording of the law allowed me to interpret it as I did. If it isn't to be interpreted like that by evil tribunals, it needs to be rewritten unambiguously. I appreciate that the law can be clarified for future cases, but I thought that provided existing determinations were consistent with the exact wording of the law, decisions would stand. It wasn't something I did whenever I could. I did it twice. Once when I had proof a group had looted a corpse but couldn't prove which one of them it was (so I flagged all three under the first law -- you are responsible for your groupmate's actions) and that time with Rouchevien and Xalli. Still, at least you accepted that I had not abused the law.

Velkurah: I spent ages trying to find your shrine, and somehow didn't. I really wanted to speak to you about how spectres are treated under the tribunal heirarchy. I think it is wrong that they should not rank alongside heroes. Necromancers didn't use to have their rank restricted to sub-hero. Anyway, I liked the two times we actually met, which I think were both when I was promoted. I also gathered from you summoning paladins away from me that you noticed me talking them into doing things for me. If only they knew that they were sanctifying places so that I could recall with my ingredients or getting me gear that would help me reach the big C. Anyway, I never saw or heard of Drunsthol except when people got removed from the Spire, so I guess it is just you these days. I think the Spire is a great cabal to be in right now, and you've done a good job of keeping it that way. I'd hoped that I might get one of the higher positions, but I guess that wasn't to be either.

Mortals:

Many many mortals to mention and I'm bound to miss some, but here's a few to start with:

Ragers:

Jinroh -- respect. Despite the fact you never believed me, I was getting ganked left right and centre by village berserkers. At first, it was funny because they ended up having to run. Later on it was less funny because even with aura, wraithform, shield and barrier I could never even land a spell on any of them, let alone actually kill them. However, by then I'd grown to realise that berserkers gang just like anyone else.

Adgrizn: Whilst I may have criticised you for this (though I don't remember doing so), and I know I mocked you a lot, you did have my respect for a number of reasons. You log on when others don't. You chose to die rather than be saved by a priest (I'd have looked down on you a LOT had you let the priest save you). You didn't mind attacking me in town. You fought alone as well as when you had numbers. That time I agreed to duel you on the Aryth it was sensible for you to back out. I planned to summon you to a room sealed in by water and use Ayik's hydrophobia to prevent him getting seaweed to you.

Tribs:

Lochzan -- v cool. Said my piece about you already.
Agarah -- excellent character. Shame you didn't lich.
Lemath -- an amazing ride too. I remember speaking to you at length before you joined the Spire. Conducting your first or second interview (I think), showing you your first wand (I think) watching you get promoted past me (surprised me at the time, but was the right decision), and finally running around with you on spire business and later on on questy business. You have done a great job of leading the spire. Keep it up.
Optomkiptum -- a great character to be around. Kept me amused with your quirks. Liked the book you wrote. I ended up abandoning mine because it seemed more sensible to put my efforts into tasks that would bring me concrete benefits (or death as it turned out, but that wasn't the plan).
Gjourriec -- always impressed me with your fighting ability. Thanks for the brief help. It actually made the difference although Lemath and I managed it without anyone else the second time (but burnt through a lot of wands).
Kaplanov -- gutsy. A steadfast companion.
Alarian -- a well rp'd paladin although you nearly slipped up when you refused my order. I gave the order because I'd caught a Magistrate breaking the law, and I wanted you to let me know if you saw anything indicating he was continuing to do it before his case was considered by the imms and Provost.
That Magistrate -- I pushed for you to remain in the Spire despite the fact that I know you broke the law on purpose that time. Managed that much, but then your second error, which was probably a mistake, was not something I could save you from. Guess now you've learnt not to use follow in that situation. heh. Good luck with your killing. You seem to know your stuff.
Delrami -- I thought it really sucked that you ordered me to remove a flag when the Cardinal was not only caught in a lie, but actively aiding criminals, failed to mention (until after an attempted nightgaunting) that specific individuals were actively hunting me. I understand that a paladin has issues with a lich, and I could understand you hating me for flagging the Cardinal, but again, it was within the law as spelt out for me to do so, and also, in this case, within the spirit of the law. I nearly quit over the fact that spectres rank below heroes amongst the provincials and you had overstepped spire authority by countermanding a flag that could be argued either way, which is something that is not meant to be done (apparently). That said, I thought you played a good lightwalker. I just wasn't as impressed with you as a Magistrate and I couldn't figure out whether it was dishonorable or dishonest of you to fail to mention the attack. Oh well.

Phew. Need a break before I write any more.

Agarah (Guest)Fri 11-Jun-04 03:13 PM

#27878, "RE: A disappointing end to a great ride"
In response to Reply #3

Great job. Just remember the chance to lich is an honor all in it's self, even if we both have failed now.

After watching you a little with other characters, after my death and failure to lich. I knew you would have a chance, and yes a part of me want you to fail, just to make myself feel better. But when it came down to it, I hoped you would. I thought you earned it as much as me. Best of luck. one day we will both lich and run around making villagers cry.

- data

Lemath (Guest)Fri 11-Jun-04 03:26 PM

#27879, "*pout*"
In response to Reply #3

I had so many great hopes for you....you started talking about the quest starting and actually it was the first lich I've been on the side of at the time. Seen many but always been enemies and when all that stuff started happening I was in on it! I loved Baendra a lot IC, had a lot of Respect for Baendra both IC and OOC. I knew had you liched the Spire would of been extremly strong. I'm still surprised how I shot up from interview to hero, to provincial, to Provost like I did but I'm glad I had the magistrates I did behind me. You were one of the first Magistrates I ever met and an absolutly terrific one all the way through. I'll miss Baendra a lot and I had a lot of hopes for you in the Spire...was hoping you'd land Vindicator or Justiciar once you lich'd but guess it just wasn't meant to be. Well done and I loved every bit of it. Maybe try another in the Spire!

Well done and you'll be missed!

Lemath

Oh heh, Lemath went to your revenge, perhaps send me your e-mail or a way I can get a hold of you, got a nice log you might like to see!

Baendraa (Guest)Fri 11-Jun-04 04:58 PM

#27884, "don't usually post my email but here..."
In response to Reply #5

hamiltonbern@aol.com

Optomkiptum (Guest)Sun 13-Jun-04 09:50 AM

#27952, "Definetly sad to see another go... *sigh*"
In response to Reply #5

I definetly enjoyed sharing phaelim's chats with you... he's a great imm

The whole philosophy thing had me in a whirl for the first few days until i got to grips with it - mostly thanks to long chats with you and mulshinay. I definetly enjoyed watching you work politely behind the scenes, it was obvious you didn't care who you got help from as long as they did help. Rumour has it, paladins were involved with finding some ingredients - nicely done For me, i would have liched you there and then with a big shiny button... that says 'lich'... or something. But, sadly, i guess we can't have everything working all the time.

We did have some amazing times and thats part of the reason i'm trying to make a comeback with optom before all his friends kick the bucket - i'm sure i can expect you to take your experiances here and make another brilliant mage. Who knows, we could become best enemies next!

Optomkiptum

PS Svirfs rule.

Adgrizn (Guest)Fri 11-Jun-04 04:50 PM

#27883, "heh"
In response to Reply #3

that was fun

Baendraa (Guest)Fri 11-Jun-04 05:35 PM

#27885, "some more farewells"
In response to Reply #3

Tribs:

Drokalyth - you know your stuff. Can't remember whether it was you or Traba I exchanged knowledge with to find out about another barrier source. Whichever of you it was, I never found anything there. I didn't discover a single source of barrier until I struck a bargain with Kwalin in about my 200th hour. Then I lost it to Gradaelus for a month or so.

Caelestis - you have to be the most hated paladin in Thera. The goodies are always complaining about you killing good aligned criminals. Keep it up! You can teach them to be good aligned guys who don't break the law.

Manden - didn't see much of you, but you seemed a nice guy.

Saraiyah - pk'd an elf bard and got Amylthlar the elven blade of war for you. Then got jacked 10 minutes whilst running along eastern to reengage Adgrizn, and had it stolen again, along with my only barrier wand.

Mulshinay -- a brainy elf. One that Baendra intended to use against the evils she wanted out of the way though.

Scions:

Kungkruk -- was good to have you around when the rest of the range was all fortress plus Adgrizn, even though we only travelled once, it was just nice to know that I wasn't the only evil on.

Kwalin -- never made it to the Silent Tower. It was on my list but premature death ended that. The barrier location was worth the trade from my point of view, since it was the only one I knew of. Hope you enjoyed the knowledge you got in return. I was tempted to let you perform the ritual incorrectly just to watch what happened though. It was on my list of things to do to people who annoyed me (a certain lowbie anti-paladin was top of the list because he looted a kill I'd made). Didn't want the stuff from the corpse, but equally I didn't like him grabbing it either. Hope he died to the scourge he caught but I don't think so.

Etarekoth -- thought you made a good leader of scion. Felt like you were a true scholar of the arcane even if not a mage.

Zavin - you had my respect too. You ripped villagers apart, but when you had that unlucky teleportation to the top of the Azhan pyramid just as I was preparing to sacrifice a mob I couldn't pass up the chance to scarifice a pc instead. The fact you had spiderskin leggings didn't help your cause either. However, I died trying to take the fetish against Massie and Blindleblin (won't comment on the latter since I've nothing good to say) and lost it all again. You were another that was on even when the numbers were against evils. Was interesting because we often worked together when our purposes aligned and we often fought tooth and nail when they didn't. I think there was recognition on both sides that provided we both benefited we could trust each other, but also that if we obstructed each other's goals there would be bloodshed.

Jyslin -- I think I ended up with one ring when you got ganked and full-looted. However, despite the ganking and full-looting I found that one hilarious trap and kill.

Inelour -- Having you around kept me on edge like nothing else. I popped 10 gold's worth of potions every time I saw you in the area, which is why you only ever slept me the once (when I was expecting to land the first attack only didn't realise that Grurk took so long to deputise me in Galadon because Vindicators can't deputise).

Ragers:

Janakt -- a wily player. You spotted my traps before I got to spring them on you. Many others used to chase me around and not realise what I was up to until too late.

Frumpledunk - you had guts. I didn't like that Vezrak was a berserker but ran from me whilst you, a defender, stayed to die.

Narcharema (since you are ex-village) -- I always had a hunch that you got your titled because of the fight where I slept you and then fought Vezrak and Frumpledunk. Left you alone when I realised you weren't with them, but when you didn't want to go and find Vezrak to finish him off, despite that I'd maladicted him enough that he couldn't wield any weapons, I noticed you got your title almost immediately after. I would have gone and looked for Vezrak myself only Optomkiptum's spell left me with negative moves and I couldn't cancel it.

Vezrak -- I wasn't that impressed. When it was one on one, you seemed to avoid a fight, but when you had the chance to go two on one (or even three on one if you count the fact that I was spelling up Narcharema first) you were all for it.

Empire:

Grottimgesh -- I knew you were good, but until I read your logs I didn't appreciate just HOW good. That was some amazing stuff.

Drudental -- thought you were pretty good too, despite your crap title.

Gnome shifters:

Most of you sucked on the rp front, unless I missed something. Calling me a coward even after I'd taken you fought you alone, and you'd needed to call in a rescue from your group after being slept, or been blinded and run off. Despite the fact that I never went after gnomes who didn't break the law (I viewed gnomes as a well behaved race who knew their place, in general), I -knew- ooc that you'd all go for me when you had the chance. So surprise surprise, your shark forms etc only did massacres and you got slept. It annoys me when a gnome turns ultra-aggressive in a manner that makes it obvious they just want to rape someone with their water form (or air offense form).

Arcanes:

You are overpowered. (joke -- sort of) I could handle those well below me in levels. Those with 4 levels on me just tore me to pieces as I sat and wondered if I'd get to make an attempt at escape. As a tribunal I couldn't walk around with zombies much because I was constantly having to move between cities.

Will post Empire and Fortress farewells soon.

Phrid (Guest)Sat 12-Jun-04 03:57 AM

#27912, "Gnome Shifters"
In response to Reply #8

I really give you the impression of someone who is big on the let's cause doom to someone I don't know very well for no reason idea? If you consider the baby eating talk was meant to be aggressive its wasn't, its just that necroes eat babies. Its a fact of life. Look at the text for wall of putrid flesh, or whatever its called. That, and necroes eat babies, so yeah, I would just like to clarificate that even if you, from the two interactions or so we've had, lumped me in with poor rping angry gnomes who would attack you on sight, that was not exactly what I had in my head, but thats your own perception, so eh. Anyhoo, sad ya went through all that just to die, necroes are a bizzle to play. Good luck on your next.

Baendraa (Guest)Sat 12-Jun-04 05:04 AM

#27914, "No. Phrid was one of the exceptions"
In response to Reply #16

Generally speaking if you were one of the exceptions I probably communicated that in game. If I belittled you, then I probably viewed you as little more than a mindless animal that killed uselessly instead of productively. If there was any banter, or exploration of ideas, which there was with Phrid on the baby eating front, then I am not aiming the criticism at you.

KungKRUK (Guest)Wed 16-Jun-04 11:56 AM

#28123, "Thanks man"
In response to Reply #8

Baendra was a cool cat from what I can tell, and now that I know the player I can see why. It's too bad that we couldn't have traveled more, but from a religion/criminally minded standpoint, it would have been hard to pull off and justify (although my 'who pk' makes me feel like I don't have to justify much at the moment). Keep on trucking and I'm sure I'll see you again soon.

VelkurahFri 11-Jun-04 08:29 PM
Member since 29th Jan 2004
119 posts
Click to send email to this author Click to send private message to this author Click to view this author's profile Click to add this author to your buddy list
#27886, "RE: A disappointing end to a great ride"
In response to Reply #3

I think you were a well-played evil Trib. You were up for consideration for some of the higher posts in the Spire, but I personally wanted to wait until you concluded your quest stuff. My thought wasn't on age death... it was on weather or not you would have to do something that required betraying the Tribunal to get the quest completed. While it would have been an interesting and potentially very fun twist, I didn't want to go through it if we had just promoted you. Note, I had nothing to do with the quest you were involved in, so I had no idea where it was going to go.

Anyhow, well done. I got your note about Spectres in the Spire, and we'll give it some consideration and see if we can't come up with something.

Velk

ScarabaeusFri 11-Jun-04 08:58 PM
Member since 19th Feb 2011
1524 posts
#27888, "RE: A disappointing end to a great ride"
In response to Reply #3

>Scarabaeus: In reality, I'd pretty much resigned myself to
>age-dying a necro (which I guess I did) because it must have
>been something like 4 months since I started researching the
>transformation (I started well before I heroed or joined the
>spire) and 3 months since I got my first push in any direction
>at all from yourself.

For what it's worth, we were hoping you'd be successful. We've been sitting on that stuff forever, so it would have been fun to see it in action. Alas, such was not your fate.

>It was amazing when my ghoul actually did what I
>sent him to (although I didn't understand a word you were
>saying -- thank god for Lochzan!).

That's the kind of thing I still consider fun. You played it well and that's always refreshing.

>One thing I did find harsh was the need to
>wait for 6 real time days, prevented from logging on, from the
>start of my transformation to the end.

What can I say? The process was created by the Father of Devils...

Delrami (Guest)Fri 11-Jun-04 10:19 PM

#27892, "RE: A disappointing end to a great ride"
In response to Reply #3

Well, sorry you didn't care for me to much, but I also wasn't worried about spending time with you so you really didn't get to see me too much. One of my favorite times was that duel, where I nearly killed you. Was hoping I would OOC but oh well. As for the incident, I'll say how I felt OOC since thats what you feel. We need to keep our powers in stride, not use it for anything. I've been on both sides of the law, and I know how it sucks for one to abuse your powers. And I knew I was pushing the letter of the law, but I was not going to stand around and let you abuse the laws especially when that was the most pathetic attempt to capture. I felt what you were doing was wrong, so I used the power I had. Also knew I could get away with it, since I was the eldest of the Provincials and never screwed up yet . (Still think length of Title should judge structural order). Still, was a good bit of roleplay by all involved. Though, as a player, that suggestion you made of me ordering you to lick my boots was VERY tempting Good luck to what ever you do next. BTW, I found 3 barrier sources with Delrami just by exploring, so they are out there.

Delrami

Baendraa (Guest)Fri 11-Jun-04 10:29 PM

#27893, "couple of things"
In response to Reply #11

A paladin has an easier time exploring than a necro.

Also, since they were below my pk, I was capturing them the only way possible, which was to get them to catch the scourge when looting the guards they were fighting. Once scourged, the group I'd called was to deal with them. As it turned out, the group I called did get one of them.

That comment about ordering me to lick your boots was intended to encourage you to order it, at which point I could get you punished for overstepping your authority. I rarely make a comment that encourages someone to make me abase myself before them without ulterior motive.

Now that you mention that duel, I think that is perhaps the first time I crystalised how I felt about Delrami. It did seem like you were trying to kill me in what the rest of the spire understood to be a mere spar. I viewed that as a fanatic's treachery, and you were probably the one paladin in the spire that I didn't trust. I disliked and clashed with Alarian ic, but I didn't mistrust him the way I did you.

PS: I wish a certain dispelling virtue actually failed sometimes.

PPS: I don't personally think length of service should determine heirarchy. It may not coincide with merit. You paladin's don't suffer premature age-deaths like we necros either. heh.

Delrami (Guest)Fri 11-Jun-04 11:30 PM

#27896, "RE: couple of things"
In response to Reply #12

Lets just say I wouldn't have shed a tear if you did die As for the virtue, it does fail often, but you need to keep in mind, I had four ranks over you, and no matter how much saves, thats going to play a huge difference in effect. And I have to disagree with length and merit. If someone can hold the same position within the spire that long, without making a mistake to get demoted or anger the imm's, then they've proved their worth. And I do speak of hours on duty, not just holding the position. IE: Someone who has 300 hours as a prov has juristiction over someone who has only been a prov 10 hours. Just need a command in the spire that lists who is the highest and down the list thats online. Would take care of the problem of you only being L47 and having to listen to orders. Or another who is level 40 with 80 hours as a prov, having to listen to a person who was just made Prov and doesn't have a clue whats going on.

Delrami

Jin roh (Guest)Fri 11-Jun-04 11:42 PM

#27898, "I am not an immortal"
In response to Reply #3

I need proof or witnesses, of which you had none. I am not going to instantly believe a necromancer, you have a strike against you being a mage. I cannot instantly believe everyone who comes up with some crazy story that some berserker ganged them with another berserker. Your story may have been true, but I have come across five other stories to your one possibly true story that are just angry people trying to get someone uninducted because the berserker killed them.

People are like that, and its not going to change. Can't beat them normally, they try to hurt them other ways, usually by lying.

As for you as a character, we fought, but I seriously don't remember if I killed you or not or if you killed me. Liching is always a fun endeavor, and when the moment comes, its really exilerating. Good luck with your next.

Baendraa (Guest)Sat 12-Jun-04 05:10 AM

#27915, "neither of us ever sealed a kill on the other"
In response to Reply #14

However I did gank you with a past character (Hargustin) whose purpose was nothing more than to practice being evil so that I could do justice to Baendra. I had to make a bitch before I could make an evil with depth that didn't end up being a sheep in wolf's clothing (yes, I know that's backwards to the usual).

As far as the accusations go, the only one I ever made against a living rager was related to being asked to group. The others were made against deleted villagers, so I wasn't trying to get them punished, just to let you know how the villagers were shaming your cause.

I know that ic you could have any number of reasons not to have believed me. That's why I'm telling you ooc now that in the cases where ganging was mentioned, it was true, although I waited for the relevant villagers to die if I named them.

I'm reasonably familiar with dagger specs and hand specs though, which is probably the only reason you didn't manage to kill me. I remember gaining respect for you in the very early days though when you waited for me to finish fighting criminals and recover before you started on me.

Drokalyth (Guest)Sat 12-Jun-04 01:35 AM

#27902, "Damn..."
In response to Reply #3

That's a letdown. Here I am thinking
we're about to have a new lich, and I
see this. Oh Well, I had big plans.
Wish I was old enough to go to that
place when you were around. Good Luck
on your next.

Felar Serpent (Guest)Sat 12-Jun-04 10:12 AM

#27917, "RE: A disappointing end to a great ride"
In response to Reply #3

I was rooting for you to eventually make it to lichdom Baendra. Arthakar certainly was, and I as his player was the same really. I'm sorry to see your luck turning on you like this.

When our characters first spoke, Baendra gave him what was a rather nice compliment by the way. I was always curious, what exactly had prompted her to give him such a compliment? It was quite an unusual thing for him to hear.

Here's to hoping you still remember what I refer to.

Arthakar

Baendraa (Guest)Mon 14-Jun-04 05:04 PM

#28022, "I believe you refer to this?"
In response to Reply #19

You tell Arthakar 'From a renowned magus as yourself, that is most flattering'

Actually, that was for two reasons. Primarily it was a reference to you being a hero (as in lvl 51). However, Baendra was also pleased with your own speech which was:

Arthakar tells you 'arthakar salutes this necrromancerr. grreat human.'

and Baendra also thought that she might need your help with a lich quest.

If I had to sum up her attitude, it was this.

Be nice as hell to everybody that can be used as a result of being nice (no matter what alignment they were), and a bitch to those that she would never be able to use but without losing their respect, because respect was important to the Spire and her own future was dependant on the spire. Finally, come the two categories of "people she didn't give a #### about because they were worthless in her opinion" (e.g. berserkers that failed to attack her when she was alone and out of the city) and those who "can be fooled into doing what you want by making them angry". Those who fell into the "don't give a ####" category tended to be the ones I full-looted, along with the most persistent offenders (e.g. Inelour) and the most pure of the paladins.

Glilanthis (Guest)Sat 12-Jun-04 01:05 PM

#27920, "Too bad."
In response to Reply #3

Honestly, ooc I think I would have applauded
you transforming. IC of course the very idea
makes my blood boil.
Oh how I wish you had not been in with Nagesh
that time, 'course if i had any sense the moment
I saw you on where I should have reverted and
teleported.
Well done character from what I saw though.

Dwynlir (Guest)Sun 13-Jun-04 09:23 AM

#27951, "RE: A disappointing end to a great ride"
In response to Reply #3

I knew you at least slightly from the start, and I interacted with you even after I left. Good character all around. About the Delrami/Cardinal thing. Personally, and I know I wasn't there, I would have been praising her for actually taking some balls against the IMMs and removing a flag when Yanacek didn't get a flag all the times I know I caught him fighting someone in town but it "couldn't be proven". My personal opinion is all. Good job and good luck.

Gjourriec (Guest)Mon 14-Jun-04 05:17 AM

#27983, "RE: A disappointing end to a great ride"
In response to Reply #3

I'm so disappointed. I went about bragging how I was your aid when one of the Magistrates told me the conservator left with you. All the caged energy of the secret burst out and I was so excited to see a lich in the spire that I completely forgot that there was a chance of failure. That must suck. But if I were you I'd be proud of what I've accomplished rather than be sad about what I couldn't. You were by far the most focused and prepared necromancer I've seen for a while. I'm sorry I couldn't stay that day in the 'area' and help with them golems, but I had to go, it was my birthday and I had to make arrangements for a few friends whom I had invited over. Believe me, I pushed it till the door bell rang, literally. Do well with the next.

Gjourriec the Filthy'Alakdindurm, Lamenting the loss of a necromancer

Kaplanov (Guest)Mon 14-Jun-04 04:31 PM

#28018, "Nice char..."
In response to Reply #3

'til we meet again...*launches an assault of tail tickling on you*

Baendraa (Guest)Wed 16-Jun-04 06:38 AM

#28119, "For Phaelim - curious about the punctuation comment"
In response to Reply #3

I was very surprised by your comment re punctuation and use of the shift key. I share your distaste for the lack of punctuation and capitalisation and therefore always make an effort to use it.

The only times that weren't -extremely- occasional, that I can think of, where I didn't capitalise or punctuare are these:

(1) At the start of a tell. New sentences within a tell would be capitalised but not the first one.

(2) When I accidentally typed "yell" instead of "tell". This meant that I'd yell out someone's name without capitalising it, followed by what I'd meant to say to them, but with no punctuation between the name and the rest of the message. I know this happened at least once during my lich-teraction with my ghoul. But the uncapitalised name was never meant to be shown. It was simply the argument intended to target the "tell" command. (Note that y and t are next to each other on the keyboard, so it isn't that hard to make the mistake.)

I mean, normally if I accidentally used someone's name in a tell without capitalising it, I'd actually repeat the tell just so that I could capitalise it.

Anyway, I'm curious to know if this explains your comment or whether you felt that it was a consistent flaw of mine, in which case I'm (very!!) surprised.

Also, I tried to make use of punctuation in order to give those I was speaking to an idea of how I was speaking. If I ask a question without putting a question mark at the end, it is because it is a rhetorical question (usually). If I am asking in an outraged manner (as in the log I posted most recently on Dio's when an imperial accused me of helping a rager), I used both ? and !.

I wasn't surprised to see criticism from you, but I was surprised that it was related to punctuation and use of the shift key.

Pendragon_SurtrFri 11-Jun-04 01:31 PM
Member since 04th Mar 2003
193 posts
#27874, "Ouch, age death at 62 years, 311 hours?"
In response to Reply #0

I was hoping to see you lich. I remember when you interviewed Sostun in Seantryn. You were a good Tribunal and would have been great to have a lich in the spire. Maybe I'll see your next char in the spire. Take it easy.

Hummm (Guest)Fri 11-Jun-04 01:36 PM

#27875, "Maybe"
In response to Reply #1

the lich quest bombed and sent her to an early grave?

Baendraa (Guest)Wed 23-Jun-04 11:44 PM

#27877, "you are correct"
In response to Reply #2

I did everything right, but fate conspired against me. *shakes her fist at the heavens* (again, since I now have newfound appreciation for that particular social).

Top General Discussions The Battlefield Topic #27873 Previous topic | Next topic