Subject: "(DELETED) [None] Mulshinay al'restur the Scholar of the..." Previous topic | Next topic
Printer-friendly copy Email this topic to a friend CF Website
Top General Discussions The Battlefield Topic #26565
Show all folders

Death_AngelMon 26-Apr-04 05:48 PM
Member since 28th Sep 2024
17190 posts
Click to send email to this author Click to send private message to this author Click to view this author's profile Click to add this author to your buddy list
#26565, "(DELETED) [None] Mulshinay al'restur the Scholar of the Fount"

Mon Apr 26 17:47:33 2004

At 11 o'clock AM, Day of Thunder, 31st of the Month of the Sun
on the Theran calendar Mulshinay perished, never to return.

Race:elf
Class:invoker
Level:42
Alignment:Good
Ethos:Orderly
Cabal:None, None
Hours:187

Alert | IP Printer Friendly copy | Reply | Reply with quote | Top

Reply well goodbye, Mulshinay (Guest), 28-Apr-04 11:13 AM, #1
     Reply RE: well goodbye, Lemath (Guest), 28-Apr-04 11:43 AM, #2
     Reply RE: well goodbye, Mulshinay (Guest), 29-Apr-04 11:19 AM, #9
     Reply RE: well goodbye, Phaelim (Anonymous), 28-Apr-04 12:50 PM, #3
     Reply thanks, mulshinay (Guest), 29-Apr-04 11:17 AM, #8
          Reply RE: thanks, Phaelim (Anonymous), 29-Apr-04 12:12 PM, #14
               Reply I understand completely., Zef (Guest), 03-May-04 12:51 AM, #18
     Reply RE: well goodbye, That Thent Guy (Guest), 28-Apr-04 04:16 PM, #4
     Reply RE: well goodbye, Mulshinay (Guest), 29-Apr-04 11:20 AM, #10
     Reply I didn't realize that being a leader of sylvan didn't r..., kas, 28-Apr-04 07:34 PM, #5
     Reply RE: I didn't realize that being a leader of sylvan didn..., mulshinay (Guest), 29-Apr-04 11:23 AM, #11
          Reply Gee golly hey I guess I don't know what I'm talking abo..., kas, 29-Apr-04 12:29 PM, #15
               Reply not that this is the place, mulshinay (Guest), 29-Apr-04 12:49 PM, #16
     Reply Goodbye, Therisa (Guest), 28-Apr-04 09:14 PM, #6
     Reply RE: Goodbye, Mulshinay (Guest), 29-Apr-04 11:24 AM, #12
     Reply RE: well goodbye, Aurinius (Guest), 28-Apr-04 10:00 PM, #7
     Reply RE: well goodbye, mulshinay (Guest), 29-Apr-04 11:27 AM, #13
     Reply From enemy to philosophy buddy..., Optomkiptum (Guest), 01-May-04 08:06 PM, #17
     Reply RE: From enemy to philosophy buddy..., mulshinay (Guest), 03-May-04 09:42 AM, #19
     Reply RE: well goodbye, Baendraa (Guest), 03-May-04 05:41 PM, #20
     Reply RE: well goodbye, mulshinay (Guest), 04-May-04 12:23 PM, #21
          Reply Interesting that that was you, Baendraa (Guest), 04-May-04 05:09 PM, #22
     Reply ORC ORC!, Rashghalivak (Guest), 04-May-04 06:33 PM, #23
          Reply RE: ORC ORC!, mulshinay (Guest), 05-May-04 01:56 AM, #24

Mulshinay (Guest)Wed 28-Apr-04 11:13 AM

#26665, "well goodbye"
In response to Reply #0

I rolled up mulshinay cause I had never had an invoker get to shields and i wanted to do some exploring. I decided to go sphere magic and follow phaelim and I was very glad I did so.

good byes

Phaelim: do you ever sleep????? Man you are on ALL the time, I loved your religion and I thought it was not too difficult to grasp until I started getting tells from other people constantly asking me hey!!! tell me why I exist. Then I realized that it was more vague to those of us who do not study philosophy. Thanks for all the interaction and I hope that book helps to jump start your library. I know I was sphere magic but I played as a sphere reason more or less, I would like to know your thoughts on mulshinay.

thent: My thief buddy, at low ranks I saw you being a super thief and I thought to myself hey this would be a good allie to have so I started giving you trinkets and we formed a very solid friendship. Told ya you would be kingpin someday

therisa: nice talking with you all those times you are a mean little healer.

tribunal: I joined tribunal for a chance to exercise logic in investigations and for protection while I spammed spells, after a while I just got fed up with the cabal politics. It tries to be too rigid in how all must treat each other without recognizing that goodies and evils just should not get along or show respect to each other. yes they should take commands, but never should they need to show respect for any short of a leader or a god. side note should revise the chain of command to make it tier, city, then level.

Lemath: I am sure you will do a good job as provost, but I can't help but remember our interview when you thought that because I loved magic I would make an excellent villager then you spent like an hour trying to convince me that villagers don't hate magic. It made me laugh but you have def come a long way, and as number of former village leaders I can safely say, yes they all do hate magic

past chars
flaerglum, general of battle, poisoner thief
zashiere, scion, human shaman of beroxus
flarkle, leader of grove, tat by lorhan, chosen of lyristeon
jarsharlax, veteran scout of battle, tat by kastellyn
and now...
mulshnay, ex-tribby, tat by phaelim

Lemath (Guest)Wed 28-Apr-04 11:43 AM

#26666, "RE: well goodbye"
In response to Reply #1

My thanks on the compliments though I know of certain past ragers that didn't HATE magic, they just thought IC that the world would be better and safer without it. I'm not saying they don't want to get rid of it but regardless of beliefs there have been one or two that simply didn't trust magic in the hands of those who couldn't weild it. Weither or not you believe that it's hard to prove though I've seen it in the past on a few very respected Ragers, one being an assassin that age died...something about he adored the powers and all though he believed only the gods should have such power and that mortals wouldn't only abuse it and destroy the lands....*shrug* unimportant, sorry it didn't play out exactly how you wanted it to and the whole politics deal, guess that's mostly my fault in the matter but each character is different I guess. Well played and sorry you wanted out of the Tribunal, with you and Sostun gone we're down to one strong voker. Nicly played and I always enjoyed the talks....though I do have a question for you....

Before we spoke in Tar Valon/Ruined City, did you happen to give one of those whispering winds about not being able to trust you? Won't explain just now though maybe when this character is dead....just really curious what may of happened there...

Well nice character and hope to see you again.

Lemath

Mulshinay (Guest)Thu 29-Apr-04 11:19 AM

#26683, "RE: well goodbye"
In response to Reply #2

About the whispering wind, I was talking to an evil voker before coming to see you, he likely did it. I was impressed with how you developed as a character and I will admit I was surprised when you got provost. You were the silent steady type I thought that baendra was going to grab the position and I was positive I would never have. OOC I would have liked to continue in tribby but IC well Mulshinay hated politics that got in the way of completing his goal so the time had just come for him to leave. Hope you have a long and fruitful term as provost.

Phaelim (inactive user)Wed 28-Apr-04 12:50 PM
Charter member
In response to Reply #1

For the most part, I thought you did a great job. I liked your attitude when you were in Tribunal, always voicing what you thought, even if it did tend to piss people off. Your book was a welcome addition, although I was fully expecting you to tell me to shove it with all the changes I suggested etc. I have only one gripe about this character, and it mean seem like a small detail. Capitalization and punctuation. I'm sure it doesn't seem like it's important, but it's just a pet peeve of mine, something that shows whether or not someone is putting all their effort into a character I suppose. Anyways, good character, and past ones, luck on the next and such. Shift key is on the left.

mulshinay (Guest)Thu 29-Apr-04 11:17 AM

#26682, "thanks"
In response to Reply #3

Yeah I am horrendous about that, funny for a philosophy major but I have horrendous syntax when it comes to writing. I saw a lot of myslef in mulshinay cause in real life I really need to just shut up some of the time. It was great interacting with you and again, seriously do you ever sleep, I know I don't and I saw you at ALL hours of the night!!!! Keep up the awsome work, you fill a much needed niche in the cf community.

Phaelim (inactive user)Thu 29-Apr-04 12:12 PM
Charter member
In response to Reply #8

Missed the sleep question the first time. To answer, case of chronic insomnia mixed with an addiction to CF = lots of time logged in. Even when I'm not logged on, I'm still usually awake.

Zef (Guest)Mon 03-May-04 12:51 AM

#26809, "I understand completely."
In response to Reply #14

I've found that diet and exercise helps immensely. I was surprised when I first started doing yoga, that I was more energized during the day and I could sleep better. If your head is clearer, you won't be so caught up in your addiction.

Do you drink a lot of caffeine? I can't sleep at night if I drink anything with caffeine past 5 or 6 - sodas, tea, chocolate included...

Don't get me wrong, I think it's great that we have IMMs with time to contribute to the game... It's just that I'd hate to see anyone deprived of sleep.

That Thent Guy (Guest)Wed 28-Apr-04 04:16 PM

#26668, "RE: well goodbye"
In response to Reply #1

What can I say, the trinkets worked. Thent had a soft side for the soft-spoken, self-renounced lawkeep, and was quite sad to see you go. Well done, I certainly thought you roleplayed the magic-obsessed wizard very well.
im me at treebeard55 some time
Thent

Mulshinay (Guest)Thu 29-Apr-04 11:20 AM

#26684, "RE: well goodbye"
In response to Reply #4

Always a pleasure, interacting with you was one of the things that kept me from deleting a while ago. Always loved seeing you on the where, I was waiting till I heroed and then I was gonna stop puttering around and start mass slaughter of imperials and the like. We woulda had a good time bringing them to heel.

kasWed 28-Apr-04 07:34 PM
Member since 20th Oct 2003
52 posts
Click to send email to this author Click to send private message to this author Click to view this author's profile Click to add this author to your buddy list
#26670, "I didn't realize that being a leader of sylvan didn't r..."
In response to Reply #1

honestly

mulshinay (Guest)Thu 29-Apr-04 11:23 AM

#26685, "RE: I didn't realize that being a leader of sylvan didn..."
In response to Reply #5

I was the claws of the pack, my specific duty was to weed out the weeker wolves from the pack, Realize I was given the power to induct like a week and a half before sylvan was destroyed and I uninducted myself 2 days after I was named leader.

kasThu 29-Apr-04 12:29 PM
Member since 20th Oct 2003
52 posts
#26689, "Gee golly hey I guess I don't know what I'm talking abo..."
In response to Reply #11

Here I thought the leader was a certain wood elf that I hero'd guess I was just wrong. So under your logic I've been the leader of scion I guess for being able to interview applicants induct them and still not get the certain things that leaders of cabals get, thanks for clearing that up.

mulshinay (Guest)Thu 29-Apr-04 12:49 PM

#26690, "not that this is the place"
In response to Reply #15

but any member of a cabal with an ability to induct as a leader of that cabal, empire being the exception. There may be tiers of leadership but still all are leaders because they have a direct choice in deciding who is in and out, unless you want to argue the leiutenants were not leaders of sylvan or that the advisor is not a leader of scion.

not to detract from you if you were pelthaas but you were not the only leader.

Therisa (Guest)Wed 28-Apr-04 09:14 PM

#26673, "Goodbye"
In response to Reply #1

It isn't in my RP to like a tribunal, but it was hard to not like you. You were well-spoken, and willing to talk rather than fight. Of course, I had to try to kill you. But on the bright side, I was never able to. Nearly, but not quite. I was gad when you left the Spire, and was waiting to see what Mulshnay was all about, but I guess I never will now.

Mulshinay (Guest)Thu 29-Apr-04 11:24 AM

#26686, "RE: Goodbye"
In response to Reply #6

Yeah you were a very cool char almost made me consider rolling an outlander to replace my one that got uninducted for being too freedom oriented . You are a good leader and I did my best not to give anyone, save evils, a reason to hate me, I really tried to play a good goodie even though i had to interact with evils, evils in the spire can def relate to that seeing how I was loathe to help them at all.

Aurinius (Guest)Wed 28-Apr-04 10:00 PM

#26674, "RE: well goodbye"
In response to Reply #1

Well, it was vague to me because I do study philosophy.

mulshinay (Guest)Thu 29-Apr-04 11:27 AM

#26687, "RE: well goodbye"
In response to Reply #7

Yeah talking to you I know you took some level of philosophy but you were hung up in the spirit vs. brain argument, which while I agree with you that there is no more then a brain it is well established in the cf lore that a spirit does exist and the body extends beyond its physical shell so to debate it in a place where literally ghosts wander around and your soul can be stolen by a god is kind of moot you just gotta accept it.

Optomkiptum (Guest)Sat 01-May-04 08:06 PM

#26764, "From enemy to philosophy buddy..."
In response to Reply #1

Nice char list, you've done well. Thanks for helping me get straight sometimes, to tell the truth Phaelim at first just boggled me till I learned to relax (IC and OOC!!!) then it all seemed to be so easy. I wondered how you got ahold of the ideas so quickly when to me they really did seem vague! Thanks for all the chats but in my opinion - tribunal tier system works as it is. You can't place any importance on seperate cities based on IC population. Just isn't right IC. Hope you enjoyed it, I certainly did. Enjoy your next character!

Optomkiptum

mulshinay (Guest)Mon 03-May-04 09:42 AM

#26833, "RE: From enemy to philosophy buddy..."
In response to Reply #17

Yeah I enjoyed our interactions even ranking up with you as an experminetal tribby chr waaaaaay back in the day. Real life has me in a strangehold, and by that I mean I have to find a job for this month till my real one starts and I am juggling 6 girls all at once which can be a little tricky and time consuming. As I get time to play I am working on a new character that I think I may find time to really play in june but until then you all hold down the fort for me.

Baendraa (Guest)Mon 03-May-04 05:41 PM

#26862, "RE: well goodbye"
In response to Reply #1

Having placed two posts elaborating about what I thought about Mulshinay (all very positive) and had them not show up, I am not going to bother again.

Baendra liked Mulshinay though. Didn't matter that you were an elf. Didn't matter that you weren't civil. When I delete, I'll say more.

mulshinay (Guest)Tue 04-May-04 12:23 PM

#26890, "RE: well goodbye"
In response to Reply #20

You were literally the only evil I would have helped with anything. You were an interesting char, even after you attempts to screw with one of my former chars about an incident in the chessmasters tower. Anyways I hope you are getting a grasp on the religon and all and hope to see you lich someday so I got someone to fight.

Baendraa (Guest)Tue 04-May-04 05:09 PM

#26908, "Interesting that that was you"
In response to Reply #21

I don't know how many people have seen more than one side of my character. I remember the chessmaster incident well. If I didn't attempt to screw with my real enemies, then I wouldn't be much of an evil, would I? ) I still thought what you did was pretty low though. )

Rashghalivak (Guest)Tue 04-May-04 06:33 PM

#26912, "ORC ORC!"
In response to Reply #1

How genuinely afraid of me you were always made me smile.

mulshinay (Guest)Wed 05-May-04 01:56 AM

#26934, "RE: ORC ORC!"
In response to Reply #23

no kidding, elf with 200 hp and no lag protection or dam redux vs. orc with iron axes and bash. you beated me again and again and again even manacled you could kill me before guards did you in. I loved your rp too a true orc to the core.

Top General Discussions The Battlefield Topic #26565 Previous topic | Next topic