Subject: "(DELETED) [HERALD] Qirinor Qelich the Weaponsmaster, Be..." Previous topic | Next topic
Printer-friendly copy Email this topic to a friend CF Website
Top General Discussions The Battlefield Topic #26154
Show all folders

Death_AngelSat 10-Apr-04 01:08 AM
Member since 17th Jun 2024
16940 posts
Click to send email to this author Click to send private message to this author Click to view this author's profile Click to add this author to your buddy list
#26154, "(DELETED) [HERALD] Qirinor Qelich the Weaponsmaster, Benefactor of Remembrance"

Sat Apr 10 01:06:02 2004

At 10 o'clock AM, Day of Freedom, 32nd of the Month of the Winter Wolf
on the Theran calendar Qirinor perished, never to return.

Race:svirfnebli
Class:warrior
Level:51
Alignment:Neutral
Ethos:Neutral
Cabal:HERALD, the Heralds of the Eternal Star
Hours:547

Alert | IP Printer Friendly copy | Reply | Reply with quote | Top

Reply Ooooh, you went against a direct order from the HH not ..., Verv (Guest), 11-Apr-04 07:43 PM, #16
Reply Heh, notice your age when you deleted? n/t, Catastrophic, 10-Apr-04 01:12 PM, #3
Reply Maybe it's a sign...(n/t), Qirinor (Guest), 11-Apr-04 01:19 AM, #10
Reply RE: (DELETED) [HERALD] Qirinor Qelich the Weaponsmaster..., Qirinor (Guest), 10-Apr-04 12:52 PM, #2
Reply You had a tendency to suprise me, Sinopa (Guest), 10-Apr-04 04:07 PM, #4
Reply Thank you..., Qirinor (Guest), 11-Apr-04 01:31 AM, #11
Reply RE: (DELETED) [HERALD] Qirinor Qelich the Weaponsmaster..., Azkerria, 10-Apr-04 05:36 PM, #5
Reply So Long and Thanks for All the Steaks...., Qirinor (Guest), 11-Apr-04 01:38 AM, #12
Reply What's it with everyone forgetting me? Meanie (n/t), Miaree (Guest), 10-Apr-04 05:41 PM, #6
Reply Miamia!, Qirinor (Guest), 11-Apr-04 01:42 AM, #13
Reply I was wondering when, soucivi, 10-Apr-04 07:57 PM, #7
Reply RE: I was wondering when, Qirinor (Guest), 11-Apr-04 01:50 AM, #14
Reply Jeez Qirinor, Meladori, 10-Apr-04 09:50 PM, #9
Reply Uncle Q!, Melfie (Guest), 11-Apr-04 09:32 PM, #17
Reply RE: (DELETED) [HERALD] Qirinor Qelich the Weaponsmaster..., Lyristeon, 12-Apr-04 07:14 AM, #18
Reply So ya forgot me huh.. :) its cool.. i died long ago, Pa..Rick (Guest), 13-Apr-04 08:53 AM, #19
Reply Aww, nuts..., Graeterok (Guest), 10-Apr-04 12:03 PM, #1
     Reply Ah Ha!, soucivi, 10-Apr-04 08:02 PM, #8
     Reply Mountain!, Qirinor (Guest), 11-Apr-04 01:57 AM, #15

Verv (Guest)Sun 11-Apr-04 07:43 PM

#26215, "Ooooh, you went against a direct order from the HH not ..."
In response to Reply #0

Verv absolutely loved you to smithereens, but she wasn't in love with you and your little hints at it were met with uncertainty. You were her very best friend, pretty much.

I really enjoyed your character and our interactions, and I hope that you have as much fun with the next.

CatastrophicSat 10-Apr-04 01:12 PM
Member since 04th Mar 2003
145 posts
Click to send email to this author Click to send private message to this author Click to view this author's profile Click to add this author to your buddy list Click to send message via AOL IM
#26162, "Heh, notice your age when you deleted? n/t"
In response to Reply #0

==
You get 269938 gold coins from the corpse of Valguarnera.
==

Qirinor (Guest)Sun 11-Apr-04 01:19 AM

#26198, "Maybe it's a sign...(n/t)"
In response to Reply #3

nt

Qirinor (Guest)Sat 10-Apr-04 12:52 PM

#26161, "RE: (DELETED) [HERALD] Qirinor Qelich the Weaponsmaster..."
In response to Reply #0

This feels really good. I was in a bit of a CF funk, and hadn't played in about 3 weeks, so as much as I really wanted to age-die (and oh, was I close), I had to let him go.

Qirinor was, for all that matters, my first char. I've had a half-dozen others over the years that never made it past 20. Then sometime around Christmas, I decided to roll a svirf warrior (because I got bored of UT2K3), power-ranked him to 33, decided I wasn't having fun, and rolled Qirinor. And I had a blast. When I started Q, I knew how to get to exactly four places from Galadon: the Inn, the Orphanage, Hamsah, and the Temple of the Moon. I tried my best not to make myself look like a total newb, but the whole purpose of me rolling Q was to try to learn a bit of the game.

Fortunately, things turned out bit differently than just "learning the ropes." I had a chance to interact with some truly outstanding players, including Imms. While CF is the only mud I've ever played, I can understand why people are so loyal. Thanks goes out to everyone for making my first Hero experience enjoyable.

And now, for some goodbyes. Remember, I'm old and senile, so if I forget anyone, just say something and I'll respond.
---
Soucivi - You taught me more about this game than anyone else, even if you didn't realize it. I enjoyed being a Herald tremendously, and I think things may have turned out quite differently for Q had you not been HH. You always had me out running around for some crazy something or other, and that experience taught me faster than power-ranking ever could. Oh, and the stone soup thing. Heh. I honestly had something prepared, but with my schedule, it was difficult to find an hour or two that I could guarantee I wouldn't be interrupted. Anywho, congrats on the immorting. Have fun.

Sastine - What can I say? Qirinor loved you, and I thought you had a great char. Even though I'd already given up by the time you deleted, I was sad to see you go.

Verv - Fuzzy! My most favorite char. I can't pinpoint why, but you got to me somehow. Qirinor was madly in love with you, as if you couldn't tell. I had my most fun when we were out beating things up for their glasses or dolls, or me trying to save your life. Or lighting you on fire, or giving you spores. You know. Fun stuff. I'll miss you more than any char. Congrats on HH, and HAVE FUN.

Ghroth - I'm glad I got to see you hero, and I'm glad I didn't get to see you con-die. I enjoyed running around with you. Even though Qirinor hated to see you with Sastine, he respected you for being a good husband. I thought of you as a brother of sorts, always getting ourselves into some sort of trouble. If our chars ever meet again, remind me not to go into the vaults with you. Heehee.

Dohni - You rubbed me the wrong way back in the beginning. But then you grew on me to be one of my favorite chars to interract with. I'm sorry you didn't get a chance to hero. I knew you were going to con die, and I was hoping to help you get up there, but I had a way of getting people to die. Heh.

Njaal and Drudental - AARGH. Frustrating is the word that comes to mind. I loved both of you, and hated both of you. Nonetheless, you made my experience with Q all that more interesting.

Arvam and Shazirah - The perfect Imm-couple. Heh. I had a ton of fun with the both of you when Qirinor wasn't in one of his "moods." But the interactions I had with you were always fun. You both showed your faces often, and that's one on the things that made my experience all the more enjoyable. From what I've heard, the Immteractions are what set CF apart from the other muds, and I can understand why. Keep up the good work. And thank you.

Vynmylak - That story about the necklace of flowers was great. It's what kept me from deleting Qirinor back when I probably should have. Until I had that first talk with you, I wasn't happy with where Qirinor was going, but you helped to change things around a bit, and reminded me to have some fun. And I did. For that, I thank you.

Lyresteon - Was all of that you? The goodwife, Diana, the goblin, and the Kobold? If it was, Kudos. I had a blast. Oh, and what about the smiting? That time not too long ago west of the Ruined City... Some Imm tried to give me spores. Must have been you, no?
---
Well, that's all my tired brain can think of. Now that the Qirinor era is over, I think I'm going to go roll my second hero. Woot!

Sinopa (Guest)Sat 10-Apr-04 04:07 PM

#26174, "You had a tendency to suprise me"
In response to Reply #2

I liked travelling with you and you just had a way to make tedious tasks enjoyable. Good luck on your next and have fun.

Qirinor (Guest)Sun 11-Apr-04 01:31 AM

#26199, "Thank you..."
In response to Reply #4

I always enjoyed traveling with you, too. I wish we could have more often. You were always a good groupmate, and I tried to find you as often as I could. All-in-all, it was a pleasure.

AzkerriaSat 10-Apr-04 05:36 PM
Member since 10th Jan 2004
18 posts
Click to send email to this author Click to send private message to this author Click to view this author's profile Click to add this author to your buddy list Click to send message via AOL IM
#26180, "RE: (DELETED) [HERALD] Qirinor Qelich the Weaponsmaster..."
In response to Reply #2

Aw, what about "Azkerria- thanks for all the steaks"?

Qirinor (Guest)Sun 11-Apr-04 01:38 AM

#26200, "So Long and Thanks for All the Steaks...."
In response to Reply #5

Wow. I played Q a loooooong time. Azkerria died, like, 3 months ago. I remember we had a little memorial for you, and I got killed twice tying to get some wildflowers to lay back behind the Inn in Azkerria's memory. Heh. Yeah, those were the days, those were the days.

I have to say though, you were part of that "crowd" that really got me interested in CF (Azk, Tinny, Soucivi, MIAREE, Bobbobimb, Helb, etc...), and made me want to be a better player. I hope I did some of that, and can't wait to see you in the fields again.

Miaree (Guest)Sat 10-Apr-04 05:41 PM

#26182, "What's it with everyone forgetting me? Meanie (n/t)"
In response to Reply #2

spam spam spam humbug

Qirinor (Guest)Sun 11-Apr-04 01:42 AM

#26201, "Miamia!"
In response to Reply #6

How could I forget my favorite fat cat? Hey, in my defense, I've had the house to myself for three days now, so I'm getting sleep at a minimum. Don't expect my brain to be functioning fully.

But yeah, I had a ton of fun with you. It was nice to have someone else as lazy as Q; you made those boring nights less so. Now go claw up some dragon steaks for me. I'll be hungry.

souciviSat 10-Apr-04 07:57 PM
Member since 03rd Feb 2004
16 posts
Click to send email to this author Click to send private message to this author Click to add this author to your buddy list
#26190, "I was wondering when"
In response to Reply #2

you'd show up here. Sometimes it just pays to be patient.

Well, you were fun! When you weren't moody or dying in another innovative manner. Yes, you weren't quite a newbie, but you were refreshing and fun to be with. The errands and such were to help you learn a bit about a very large world, in the same manner it was and is being taught to me. I loved Qirinor as one of my dearest friends and I missed your leaving. Thanks for that darned camel cheese, and I know you really didn't have a thing planned for stone soup .

Best to you Qirinor!

Soucivi Daneloth
soucivi@carrionfields.com

Qirinor (Guest)Sun 11-Apr-04 01:50 AM

#26202, "RE: I was wondering when"
In response to Reply #7

I really DID have a stone soup recipe! :-p

I was sad to see you Immort, only because you were so fun to be around, and you were one of Qirinor's best friends. But I am happy to see you up there; it was well deserved.

I'm not sure why it took me so long to delete. I guess I was hoping I'd catch the CF bug again (even though Qiri was going nowhere, I thought it might be fun to milk everything out of him - it's nice not having to worry about ranking). I realized that Qiri was just a weight on my shoulders, after so many hours, so I, reluctantly to be honest, deleted. And now, I'm dying to play. :-D

Thank you again. And good luck!

MeladoriSat 10-Apr-04 09:50 PM
Member since 30th Aug 2003
42 posts
Click to send email to this author Click to send private message to this author Click to view this author's profile Click to add this author to your buddy list
#26195, "Jeez Qirinor"
In response to Reply #2

That has to be one of the longest characters in Carrion Fields ever. I mean, I don't think you made Qir that long after I made Mel, then Mel lived a ridiciously long life, then I couldn't bring myself to make another character for a long time, then I made Nadia who took forever to get to lvl whatever I finally deleted her at. And that was a long, Looooong time ago as well. Qirinor is the grandpa of grandpas! And for the record, you fell in love with any girl in Carrion Fields who would talk to you But to be fair, only one girl at a time.

Some people wake up every day thinking the world is going to make sense. How fun would that be anyway?

Melfie (Guest)Sun 11-Apr-04 09:32 PM

#26221, "Uncle Q!"
In response to Reply #2

*whine*

(good job, good luck on next

LyristeonMon 12-Apr-04 07:14 AM
Member since 02nd Jan 2004
1282 posts
Click to send email to this author Click to send private message to this author Click to add this author to your buddy list
#26234, "RE: (DELETED) [HERALD] Qirinor Qelich the Weaponsmaster..."
In response to Reply #2

Glad you enjoyed it. Some players just give me a reason to shake the chaos stick at and you were one of them.

Pa..Rick (Guest)Tue 13-Apr-04 08:53 AM

#26289, "So ya forgot me huh.. :) its cool.. i died long ago"
In response to Reply #2

Ya i remember talkin with you alot in the inn.. back when Parick was alive and all.. you were fun to hang around.. ohh i thought it was so funny when i was walking around as one of my war chars.. and found your doll.. lol that was great... well nice seein ya around.. and good luck with more chars.. and hopefully you wont end up in the 666 age either

Graeterok (Guest)Sat 10-Apr-04 12:03 PM

#26160, "Aww, nuts..."
In response to Reply #0

Hey, I loved your character. Graeterok had some great adventures with you. I remember when Soucivi would ask that I watch out for you to make sure you didn't die and lose more con. Of course, I would throw us right into danger's way and usually get you killed anyway. Those were the days.... Graeterok always saw you as a younger brother of sorts even though you were created before he was. Good luck on your next. You had a good run with this one.

souciviSat 10-Apr-04 08:02 PM
Member since 03rd Feb 2004
16 posts
#26191, "Ah Ha!"
In response to Reply #1

I did trust you to see that he had fun. I will not, however, trust you alone with my cat.

Soucivi Daneloth
soucivi@carrionfields.com

Qirinor (Guest)Sun 11-Apr-04 01:57 AM

#26204, "Mountain!"
In response to Reply #1

Yeah, Qirinor was much older than Graeterok, but even before you ranked above me, you always did kind of look out for me. I always kind of took it as you seeing Qirinor as the non-Svirf (or, as Sastine said, a "city-svirf"), and trying to, well, "make sure I was okay."

I had a ton of fun with you, too, but I think I was as much responsible for getting us killed as you were. I seem to have a nack for that sort of thing.

My next CF goal is to con-die. Get your gangs ready!

Top General Discussions The Battlefield Topic #26154 Previous topic | Next topic