Subject: "(AGE DEATH) [OUTLANDER] Malkhar the Force of Freedom, N..." Previous topic | Next topic
Printer-friendly copy Email this topic to a friend CF Website
Top General Discussions The Battlefield Topic #26103
Show all folders

Death_AngelFri 09-Apr-04 12:20 AM
Member since 17th Jun 2024
16940 posts
Click to send email to this author Click to send private message to this author Click to view this author's profile Click to add this author to your buddy list
#26103, "(AGE DEATH) [OUTLANDER] Malkhar the Force of Freedom, Nightreaver of Thar-Eris"

Fri Apr 9 00:19:20 2004

At 11 o'clock AM, Day of the Bull, 15th of the Month of the Great Evil
on the Theran calendar Malkhar perished, never to return.

Race:human
Class:ranger
Level:51
Alignment:Evil
Ethos:Chaotic
Cabal:OUTLANDER, the Outlanders of Thar-Eris
Hours:554

Alert | IP Printer Friendly copy | Reply | Reply with quote | Top

Reply possibly the outlander I paid most attention to, Baendraa (Guest), 12-Apr-04 05:00 PM, #37
Reply I logged in without detect invis., Malkhar. (Guest), 12-Apr-04 06:24 PM, #38
Reply well done, flarkle (Guest), 11-Apr-04 08:18 PM, #35
Reply Hey hoe, Mahar (Guest), 10-Apr-04 09:21 PM, #33
Reply Goodbyes:, Malkhar. (Guest), 09-Apr-04 03:25 AM, #2
Reply I remember when you were a pup, Mahar (Guest), 09-Apr-04 04:24 AM, #3
Reply Yes, I remember Mahar pretty well., Malkhar. (Guest), 09-Apr-04 03:37 PM, #11
     Reply Hehe, Mahar (Guest), 09-Apr-04 05:55 PM, #15
Reply Massie is a druidess, aka female?, Massie (Guest), 09-Apr-04 05:08 AM, #4
Reply RE: Goodbyes:, Imperial (Guest), 09-Apr-04 05:36 AM, #5
Reply A brutal run through Balator., Malkhar. (Guest), 09-Apr-04 03:22 PM, #10
     Reply RE: A brutal run through Balator., Zauttevre (Guest), 10-Apr-04 12:55 AM, #21
          Reply retrieve "alone", so he didnt (Guest), 10-Apr-04 09:54 AM, #25
          Reply RE: retrieve, Zauttevre (Guest), 10-Apr-04 06:08 PM, #29
               Reply OK:, Malkhar. (Guest), 10-Apr-04 09:54 PM, #34
          Reply RE: A brutal run through Balator., IsildurNR (Guest), 10-Apr-04 06:22 PM, #30
          Reply Doh. Delete the above post. nt, Isildur, 10-Apr-04 06:24 PM, #32
          Reply RE: A brutal run through Balator., Isildur, 10-Apr-04 06:24 PM, #31
Reply RE: Goodbyes:, Zad (Guest), 09-Apr-04 08:00 AM, #6
Reply RE: Goodbyes:, Vonyx (Guest), 09-Apr-04 12:45 PM, #7
Reply Balrahd? BALRAHD??!@?, The Forsaken (Guest), 09-Apr-04 02:37 PM, #8
Reply Someone from my days, Agarah (Guest), 09-Apr-04 03:18 PM, #9
Reply Hey, Agarah., Malkhar. (Guest), 09-Apr-04 03:47 PM, #12
     Reply I do recall a shadow grove snare., Agarah (Guest), 09-Apr-04 06:00 PM, #16
Reply Sorry, logs tend to be one-sided :P, Optomkiptum (Guest), 09-Apr-04 05:44 PM, #14
Reply RE: Goodbyes:, Baielko (Guest), 09-Apr-04 06:21 PM, #17
Reply RE: Goodbyes:, Delrami (Guest), 09-Apr-04 09:23 PM, #18
Reply Sorry I wasn't there when you died., Lyristeon, 09-Apr-04 09:35 PM, #19
Reply Re: Questy stuff., Malkhar. (Guest), 10-Apr-04 03:33 AM, #23
Reply In the beginning . . ., Lerrik (Guest), 09-Apr-04 10:45 PM, #20
Reply impressive, Crerigord (Guest), 10-Apr-04 02:35 AM, #22
Reply RE: Goodbyes:, Lemath (Guest), 10-Apr-04 03:59 AM, #24
Reply Goodbye, Mairra (Guest), 10-Apr-04 03:04 PM, #26
Reply Damn, you died too soon for me, Therisa (Guest), 10-Apr-04 03:10 PM, #27
Reply it sucks you kicked the bucket man. it was fun. cya lat..., aereglen (Guest), 10-Apr-04 03:59 PM, #28
Reply RE: (AGE DEATH) [OUTLANDER] Malkhar the Force of Freedo..., thornheart, 09-Apr-04 12:55 AM, #1
     Reply Hmm., Malkhar. (Guest), 09-Apr-04 03:59 PM, #13
          Reply Yes.., Nimuweh (Guest), 11-Apr-04 09:29 PM, #36

Baendraa (Guest)Mon 12-Apr-04 05:00 PM

#26252, "possibly the outlander I paid most attention to"
In response to Reply #0

I have to back what Zauttevre said about you not raiding if opposed though. I can remember you and a defense shifter being around vs just me, and I think the combo should have enabled you to successfully raid. Only time I can remember you doing so though was where I logged on with you two at the executioner, and when I came back with undead you'd gone. I seem to recall you hit pretty hard. Enough that I'd have struggled against you. That's what surprised me about the lack of an attempt. I figured you'd have at least a chance.

However, you were ususally hanging around outside the city waiting to be annoying. I can remember that in the early days I used to intentionally spring your ambushes. In the end it was a bit of a stalemate, since you could hit me hard enough to force me off after only one spell after snaring me. I think the most decisive result we ever had one on one was where someone hiding next to you grabbed one of my weapons when you disarmed me, so I lost a weapon. Plus we had the fight where you logged in whilst Grurk and I were raiding and you ambushed him instead of me.

That was funny because Grurk was convinced you would be opposing us whilst I'd said I'd been watching for you but you weren't around. Anyway, we had some sort of plan worked out but it relied on you ambushing me. When you didn't it dissolved into chaos a bit, though I remember we won and you lost most of your gear. (Scourge killed Grurk's special guard whilst I had entangle and another -dex maladiction on me, so quite a bit of stuff was left.) In a way I was quite glad because when Grurk's bashes worked so well you had almost no chance.

Anyway, you definitely kept me on my toes. Just thought that a little more aggression could have yielded you some results.

Malkhar. (Guest)Mon 12-Apr-04 06:24 PM

#26256, "I logged in without detect invis."
In response to Reply #37

And didn't notice you there What can I say? Sometimes I was good, other times I was a dumbass However, it was karma because most of what I was wearing at that time I had taken from Grurk when I (fortunately) logged in while he was raiding alone.

As for raiding the Spire for the scales, you're absolutely correct. I'll have to leave it to ranger players better than I to solo-fight the executioner and a competent PK while manacled with little spirelings running around calling guards. I just did not feel comfortable doing it unless I had someone healing me. There were many times I wanted to delete out of frustration - ideally, I would have loved to pursue Lyristeon's religion/Outlander as a shaman. Truthfully, the only thing I learned from it was not to play a ranger if I want to wreak havoc by myself in town/the Spire.

But I feel the reverse is completely true, as well. There were times we held the fetish, I was the only one able to defend against you (and keep in mind lower range outlanders can't do anything to you on par with guardcall/manacles - if any lower range outlanders were even logged in) and you never came alone to raid, either. Not that I fault you for it (because it would be the ranger's ideal deathtrap against a necromancer), but I believe it is easy to make excuses for one's own lack of aggression, calling it wisdom or what-have-you, while faulting others for theirs. Many times I'd have to sit camo'd (alone) for a real life hour waiting for some lone imperial or tribunal to retrieve (hoping they wouldn't suspect I was online - I'm not being arrogant, there was just a long period of time where I was one of the very few hero-range outlanders), only to watch them log out. Like I said, it only bugged me when they were playing a class that could so easily handle a ranger (e.g. Shaman or temperance paladin).

flarkle (Guest)Sun 11-Apr-04 08:18 PM

#26216, "well done"
In response to Reply #0

You were hero when I made flarkle and well I died out a LOT faster then everyone I traveled with despite a lot of extra con. But the times I had with malkhar and voronil were some of the best I had. You did a ranger well and you were not scared to help out a friend in need. I had mad respect for you IC and OOC as a number of my chars and congrats on making all 3 of us cabal leaders, the original chosen of the imp. Well good luck with your next and I hope its as awsome as malkhar was.

Mahar (Guest)Sat 10-Apr-04 09:21 PM

#26194, "Hey hoe"
In response to Reply #0

get a premium battlefield spot eh? Curious to see what your stuff looks like, your role and what not.

Malkhar. (Guest)Fri 09-Apr-04 03:25 AM

#26110, "Goodbyes:"
In response to Reply #0

It’s really hard to write down a few thoughts after playing one character for this long. Playing Malkhar was like a swing between extremes. Part of that is the nature of the ranger class: I’m going to quote a kick ass ranger from 3 years back, a RAGER rager named Kellyn (with a few edits):

Rangers are sick offensively.
Rangers are pathetic on raiding.
Sucking out of the forest is to be expected, but it still hurts.
Sucking out of the forest means that you can't very well #### with people in town(half the fun of being an ).
Not being able to beat on people in their cabals, in town, etc sucks.
Beating severe ass in forests is fun.

Still true today.

Although I will add that almost every kill I had involved using snare whereas Kellyn just pretty much ran up and beat the crap out of people – I don’t think he even made it to level 40.

Part of it was just me – c.180-200 hours into this character I realized I had to either delete it or make changes because it wasn’t working for me. So I tried to roleplay a “Sylvan redemption” that would doomed to failure (Malkhar wouldn’t be able to escape his own nature and would never fit in with Sylvan) – I took little steps, killing Imperials (who I used to be allied with) in front of Sylvan to look “good”, and tried to make it a gradual shift. It made things fun again, but of course everything changed when I was contacted by Lyristeon. Couple hundred hours later, Outlander came in. And somehow my role fit absolutely perfectly with Outlander. Imagine my surprise and excitement. What incredible luck to be there for the beginning of a new cabal.

The amazing thing is.. this is the third time. I was there for the beginning of MARAN (first mortal inductee), there for the beginning of the new Empire (first Blade), and now for the beginning of Outlander (OK, so I was second). That is one lucky ass string of fun opportunities. So I want to say thank you to the IMMs who run this game.

Anyway, I don’t think Malkhar had many fans. That’s OK. Sometimes I wasn’t a big fan of Malkhar, either. But he was good enough for me to walk away – at least long enough to finish out this school year, kick ass for finals, and push hard as a summer associate. I’ll take a look at my premium stats when I figure out a way to send a donation without my wife knowing about it

IMMS:
Lyristeon: What can I say? Thanks. A lot. I was never happy with how I represented you (in my defense, it’s the first time I tried to play a chaotic character), but I’m very grateful for your time and energy. This is the first time I’ve followed a HIGHLY active IMM – one time I waited like 30 minutes to set up and kill someone, and you unvis’d afterward.. I was stunned that you’d sit through a stake-out for that long. Well, it was good fun, including the time you got me killed. Especially the time you got me killed. Kind of bummed it took me so long to complete that quest

Valguarnera: Big thanks to you for working through Outlander bugs with me (although that container-bug still exists ). It was really, really hard to sit on my hands and not abuse ignite v.1.0. You’re like the new old style Nepenthe. I was taken aback when you responded to every email on the same day it was sent.

OUTLANDERS:
This cabal is a serious challenge to play. The sacrifices are daunting, and the power/rewards/incentives are relatively slim. The real benefit, of course, is freedom of action and roleplay opportunities. I always saw Outlander as the ideal cabal for the uncaballed. Which might be why I never got to know a lot of the members as much as I might have liked to. The last week or so, though, things got a lot easier with high ranking quality members. Anyway, I think this cabal is going to kick ass. Just wish there were more people looking to play evil members. To those people I interviewed, if I seemed disagreeable, really I just wanted you to “bring it” so I could see what you had to give – like I said, I saw Outlander as a cabal of uncaballeds, and I wanted to induct people I thought could do damage without support.

Czerateli: I was really impressed with you, and convinced you were going places. Roll another Outlander. I think you have the right idea.

Delromsin: Sorry the way things worked out, Del. Maybe I saw you in a different light than the higher ups because I was fighting beside you, and liked how many opportunities for mayhem you opened up.

Therisa: I don’t think we got along at first, but it seemed like we figured out a good working relationship. Guess Malkhar age-died too fast – just as the fun was beginning.

Massie: Powerful and funny little guy.

Alynana: I liked you, and it was hard to build an abrasive relationship with you once I understood that was the appropriate dynamic, but I tried – at least I didn’t work with you except during raids.

Paranipas: Really liked your character. Wish you were an evil align. You should be evil aligned. Why are you not evil aligned?

Andrlos: OK. All around quality character. Good luck with your area. Kick Grurk’s ass for me.

Zadatak: I think I had the wrong impression of you, at first.

Blehtain: Regret I didn’t get to know you. I’ve only heard good things about your character.

Vonyx: Something about you I like. You just seem capable. Too bad I won’t get to see you in the hero range.

Crerigord: Think I said it all in your goodbye.

SCIONS:
I don’t think I died to any of you until I was actively trying to be allies with you sick bastards Then I paid for that “understanding” with blood.

Sossaphrin: Major props. Of course, I’m biased because you played our reconnection exactly like I would have.

Etakaroth: I wish we could have worked something more definite out, but I didn’t see how. It’s left to the next Nightreaver/Chancellor if they want to.

TRIBUNAL/”spirelings”:
I think we had mirror image feelings towards each other. It’s a pretty cutthroat war, though, so only positive things to say. I think you guys have the cards stacked in your favor in cabal wars, but I’ll reserve judgment until I play a Tribunal.. which will be never.

Grurk: You get a bad rap on the forums. I’m not one of those people. I liked having you around because it was a challenge to face a cloud giant warrior vindicator. That note you wrote to OUTLANDER, though, made me want to throttle you. We had two members. Two. You had what, 30? At least? It’s real easy to be a hard ass in that situation. Then I saw you maintain the hardassness in situations where it was not so very easy, and I realized something more was afoot.

Odrirg: Would have taken a significant mistake for me to kill you, or insect swarm. I prayed I would get insect swarm and looked for a significant mistake. It just wasn’t worth me burning precious preps if I didn’t think I’d get the kill. Good luck on getting Vindicator powers back. Humility is good for a character, though – the best CF characters go through humility and redemption.

Other Tribunal: I fought a bunch of you. Lemath, the lemur makes you do crazy things. Optomikpum, that one fight you posted sucked badly because I’d just been wasted/full looted by an Imperial gang and went to defend against you with nothing but a ranger’s staff – didn’t realize disrupt organ would leave that lingering effect, either, damnit. Delrami, I thought fighting hero paladins with a ranger was a challenge.

Daemar, I broke role when you guys killed me while I was obviously link dead – I seem to have an embarrassing response to dying/being full looted because of bad connections. Happened like four times with this character, and every time I wanted to delete. I couldn’t understand why you were concerned about venturing into the wilds. You had a temperance paladin.

IMPERIALS:
Didn’t get to know very many of you still living very well except Njaal, who was deadly.

FORTRESS:
The Paladins: You guys were a challenge to fight. Especially temperance paladins. The downside is that you weren’t going to kill me unless I made a significant mistake. Just a big challenge to work around your virtues, though.

I fought a bunch of you, but not consistently enough to start up some rivalry.

UNCABALLEDS:
Umalilath: You represent. You overcame a significant boundary that Lyristeon set before you – great job.

Aereglen: Limited playing time or not, you brought it every time you logged in. Made me want to roll a bard, too.

Voronil and Flarkle: Think I said it all in your goodbyes. You both leaving cabal leader positions in order to spend your remaining time uncaballed was a gutsy, very rare move. Lyristeon told me that was his plan for you two, but I never, in a million years, though either of you (let alone both) would do it.

Mahar (Guest)Fri 09-Apr-04 04:24 AM

#26114, "I remember when you were a pup"
In response to Reply #2

and interacted some with Mahar when you were like rank 22 and he was high 30's. Liked you after we talked a bit in eregion and mountains near arial city/udgaard. I liked you and gave you those first axes so you can whack poeple decently, hope that helped. I liked how you did not tell your group i was there even when i was in the same room. As you got older i realized you could become a beast like Mahar when you got around to his level. Then i went on vacation and came back and deleted, would have liked to see how you turned out from an IC point of view. I never saw Malkhar as evil, just didnt seem the evil type. He was more like sometimes evil.

I still laugh when people ask rangers to come duel them on the road or ask me step out of camo so they can jack/pinder/bash me. Human rangers do suck out of the woods, especially against warriors. Giant rangers have a big advantage there.

Great job and best of luck with next.

Malkhar. (Guest)Fri 09-Apr-04 03:37 PM

#26134, "Yes, I remember Mahar pretty well."
In response to Reply #3

I heard all about your exploits first hand because people were constantly confusing me with you and making accusations of things I'd never done. I can tell you that you wreaked some havoc.

I think this was only my 3rd evil character - and this was tons more "evil" than my last one (which was diet sprite evil - or maybe caffeine free diet coke). When I rolled him, I was trying to shoot for Jack Sparrow from Pirates of the Carribbean - deep down, he's pretty amoral/"evil"/self-serving and will do what it takes to help himself - but he's also someone you think you can trust - sometimes.

I wish you'd stuck around partly because we could compare notes about rangers at 47+, and partly because I think you would have been "tapped" for the Outlander quest which would have been fun.

Mahar (Guest)Fri 09-Apr-04 05:55 PM

#26143, "Hehe"
In response to Reply #11

Yeah i got a bunch of tells and notes on stuff that i never did from people i didnt know. Took me a while to figure out they were confusing me with you as well. That was hilarious though, goes right in there with Chaos.

I havent been around much, but if you want to still compare notes on rangers e-mail me at Xaannix@aol.com or AIM Xaannix, would like to hear what you have to say.

Massie (Guest)Fri 09-Apr-04 05:08 AM

#26115, "Massie is a druidess, aka female?"
In response to Reply #2

(nt)

Imperial (Guest)Fri 09-Apr-04 05:36 AM

#26117, "RE: Goodbyes:"
In response to Reply #2

>IMPERIALS:
>Didn’t get to know very many of you still living very well
>except Njaal, who was deadly.

What was the reason to never attempt to retrieve your item even when there was no risk to die at all?

Malkhar. (Guest)Fri 09-Apr-04 03:22 PM

#26132, "A brutal run through Balator."
In response to Reply #5

Seriously, though, if there was NO risk (no one to defend), I'd retrieve. In fact, that usually was when I'd solo retrieve.

Usually there was some risk involved, however, and making the run through centurions and balator involved me using preps - even when there were no defenders online. For some reason that simple fact really annoyed me - gathering preps takes time. It bugged me to throw that time on a non-PK event. Of course, I did it, anyway.

Yes, I've read the countless testimonials from people I respect that solo heros can kill centurions in 2-3 rounds, but I did not experience that with Malkhar. Rather, I experienced a nerve-wracking 2-3 minutes where my health would drop at least 50% in a fight with mobs I couldn't flee from, and I was hitting who and where pk the entire time hoping that nothing larger than a cockroach would jump me. I could never work a way to effectively use a ranger outside the wilds. Thus, if there were two hero imperials online and I had a WANTED flag (which I usually did), I probably would wait and run around, hoping I could kill one or both of them in the wilds. Because most other options didn't seem very wise or potentially effective.

Anyway, thanks for your question. I acknowledge the subtle flame behind it, and all I can say in response is that most people didn't raid against me (when I was all alone and keeping in mind I didn't have beneficial cabal powers), either, unless they had numbers or I hid long enough that they thought I logged off. And, frankly, that only bothered me when they were playing a class that could so easily hand a ranger's ass to him (e.g. Temperance paladin, shaman).

Zauttevre (Guest)Sat 10-Apr-04 12:55 AM

#26151, "RE: A brutal run through Balator."
In response to Reply #10

It was my question, I just didn't feel like posting with character name.

When I was the only imperial hero and some tribunal asked me to tell him when you attempt to come for your item, I always told them that you never come, literally.

Seeing how all other cabals took the risk to retrieve against me alone and not, including outlanders, I lost all kind of respect to you for never even attempting to strike centurions and run to annoy me or something like that.

No I didn't want to flame, it is just my opinion. Perhaps I don't know how it looked from the other side, but to me it very much looked like you love your shiny equipment too much to take any kind of risks.

so he didnt (Guest)Sat 10-Apr-04 09:54 AM

#26159, "retrieve "alone""
In response to Reply #21

when other tribs were asking you to tell them when he showed up?

cents (which he said he had trouble with) + you + trib(s) + ranger out of the woods?

Zauttevre (Guest)Sat 10-Apr-04 06:08 PM

#26186, "RE: retrieve"
In response to Reply #25

>when other tribs were asking you to tell them when he showed
>up?

When other tribs asked me to tell them when he showed up I told them that he never comes because he didn't come at all when I was around, never. Never when I was the only one, no tribunals, never when I was the only imperial and some tribunals, never at all. Is it clear to you now?

>cents (which he said he had trouble with) + you + trib(s) +
>ranger out of the woods?

Perhaps he had troubles with centurions. All others who cared to retrieve against me probably didn't have any troubles. All others who just tried to strike centurions didn't have any troubles.

No, centurions are not always black shrouded when I am around. They often are shrouded when I expect someone to come to kill them. Malkhar I never expected to come, he could just never exist at all when we had the fetish.

Malkhar. (Guest)Sat 10-Apr-04 09:54 PM

#26196, "OK:"
In response to Reply #29

Your name doesn't ring a bell.

I have no idea who your character was.

But I think you, personally, are full of ####.

I tried to be gracious in candidly and honestly answering your anonymous flame/question, but you couldn't let it go. So why don't you ask yourself how many times you raided/retrieved solo against me? Because I do remember those people, and, buddy, you ain't on that list.

Simply put, I don't care if you have no respect for me. Frankly, I don't have any respect for you, either. Feel free to rank up a ranger and show me how it's done. Until then, take my advice and chill out with the random flames - at least until you're any good. You don't want to be the next Thornacrull.

IsildurNR (Guest)Sat 10-Apr-04 06:22 PM

#26187, "RE: A brutal run through Balator."
In response to Reply #21

There are "risks" and there are "risks". Given how utterly foul an Imperial healer can be next to two hero centurions, I'm not sure I blame him for not retrieving when you were around. That's assuming he at least did so when there were *no* Imperials around, which he claims to have done.

IsildurSat 10-Apr-04 06:24 PM
Member since 04th Mar 2003
5969 posts
Click to send email to this author Click to send private message to this author Click to view this author's profile Click to add this author to your buddy list
#26189, "Doh. Delete the above post. nt"
In response to Reply #30

IsildurSat 10-Apr-04 06:24 PM
Member since 04th Mar 2003
5969 posts
#26188, "RE: A brutal run through Balator."
In response to Reply #21

There are "risks" and there are "risks". Given how utterly foul an Imperial healer can be next to two hero centurions, I'm not sure I blame him for not retrieving when you were around. That's assuming he at least did so when there were *no* Imperials around, which he claims to have done.

Zad (Guest)Fri 09-Apr-04 08:00 AM

#26120, "RE: Goodbyes:"
In response to Reply #2

Zadatak: I think I had the wrong impression of you, at first.

Hmm, from a tattooed Lyristeon follower I will take that as a compliment I enjoyed my pre-pre interview with you but I had no idea you were evil until much later. Had I known I would have dropped some of the philosophy and acted more like a hardass. Also much respect for a sucessful ranger, no mean feat. See you in the fields

Vonyx (Guest)Fri 09-Apr-04 12:45 PM

#26125, "RE: Goodbyes:"
In response to Reply #2

Well you will definately be missed. Even though I only knew you for a short time I was impressed. Whenever you were around I knew dead tribunals and imperials weren't far behind. You were a beast, especially that recent creaming of the three tribunals at the Refuge. I liked how you played up your old age, many people don't do it well. I hope you find your way back to the Refuge with your next one.

The Forsaken (Guest)Fri 09-Apr-04 02:37 PM

#26128, "Balrahd? BALRAHD??!@?"
In response to Reply #2

-This- was the character you said no one would expect? How true man. Great run with it, I'm pretty impressed.

Be cool, stay in school.

Agarah (Guest)Fri 09-Apr-04 03:18 PM

#26130, "Someone from my days"
In response to Reply #2

Great character.. and hope you had fun with it.

However why would never fight me? I even came on your terms and I don't recall any fights. wait there was one in the off eastern. But well it wasn't a fight, you ambushed me a couple times. killed my zombies, I didn't really care I was logging out. I was hoping if you thought it was easy to kill me, you might try more. You never came at me alone. with the druids all the time but alone never. No hard feelings, I'm sure it was our fights would have been a case of me landing sleep or fire, or you landing a good ambush. I had alot of fun trying to find you when you were wanted, I don't think I ever had much luck, damn Ranger that knows areas, and doesn't mind being hidden 90% of time. Best of luck.. I always thought you would have gone about trying to imm.

- Agarah

Malkhar. (Guest)Fri 09-Apr-04 03:47 PM

#26135, "Hey, Agarah."
In response to Reply #9

I'm not sure why I didn't fight you more either. If I saw you in a wilderness area, though, I'd take a shot - at least, I don't remember letting one pass. I guess I was always looking to "kill" people and not "spar" with them - I think having the potential to snare someone might have warped my instincts. So if you were in the wilderness, there was always the potential for the kill. If you were in the city/roads, the risk factor increased and the kill factor dramatically decreased (unless you made a significant mistake). I never thought you were easy to kill, though. You got out of at least three, maybe four, of my traps that I can remember.

Agarah (Guest)Fri 09-Apr-04 06:00 PM

#26144, "I do recall a shadow grove snare."
In response to Reply #12

I couldn't believe I got out of that one. I was so near death, I was just lucky I knew the grove well. that was fun. I think after you sent me a tell asking me if I ever die. I assumed by that you were as shocked as me, that I lived.

Optomkiptum (Guest)Fri 09-Apr-04 05:44 PM

#26142, "Sorry, logs tend to be one-sided :P"
In response to Reply #2

You completely annihilated me (literally *2) on that last raid I met you. Definetly a good use of ranger tactics.

Didn't realise you were so underequipped, from memory I think I looted a fair bit from you and donated it all. Tell the truth, I don't remember sifting through much of it so I don't know how well you'd re-geared but you did win completely the other time we fought. Got me well and truly looted too

Anyhow, took me a while to mark you as a 'leader' even with those funky gifts you got. Glad you at least kicked ass in the wild and I can sympathise with being stuck when you want to attack cities. I guess the Tribunals do have it sweet, being fairly cushy and having happy wanted flags for vengeance. That said, I'm surprised at how ineffectively some of the Outlanders use their powers. I never seem to see my cities on fire (a major distraction usually) or run into any serious deadfalls (nasty when you're on the run). Ontop of that, you're on a continent with only two real escapes. One curse/damnation and somone could SERIOUSLY take advantage of that. Can't say I enjoyed being beaten by you but it definetly boosted my opinion of Rangers. You did good. Try a tribunal, you might like it!

Optomkiptum.

Baielko (Guest)Fri 09-Apr-04 06:21 PM

#26145, "RE: Goodbyes:"
In response to Reply #2

I remeber we had one fight back in the day. I was headed out of the past, got snared, you missed the ambush and I disarmed your earthquake and beat the unholy poop out of you. You had thought I was a scion or a imperial or something, then found out I wasn't. I gladly exchanged the earthquake to not have you looking to whallop me in the future, and I sure as #### was happy you missed that ambush. You would always pop out of places half way down the who pk list when I had not a clue you were even logged in, perfect rangery stuff. props

Delrami (Guest)Fri 09-Apr-04 09:23 PM

#26147, "RE: Goodbyes:"
In response to Reply #2

I can't tell if your saying I'm a bad fighter, or that I'm too hard to kill. Either way, I will admit, you did give me some scares, while helping others and trying to hero. I also was happy to hunt you when I could, cause I knew that 10 others wouldn't be waiting right beside you and we could get some good fights! As for the incident in Galadon where I summoned and slew you, I figured you were LD after I did it, but unfortunately the law says we cant' return any gear to you. Felt bad about it as a player, considering you were writhing in agony when I struck you and didn't run and heal yourself. Good luck with your next char and i'm sure it will be a blast.

Delrami, losing a worthy opponent to take her rage out on.

LyristeonFri 09-Apr-04 09:35 PM
Member since 02nd Jan 2004
1282 posts
Click to send email to this author Click to send private message to this author Click to add this author to your buddy list
#26148, "Sorry I wasn't there when you died."
In response to Reply #2

I really wanted to cackle at your for completing that last quest then dying so soon, it would have been such a proper thing to happen regarding the religion. Of course, I would have made it funny, not mean.

You did great with the religion when Voronil was around, then tailed off for a bit, then picked back up at the end there. I tend to watch my followers a lot. And I am around quite a bit. As for the time that got you killed, I apologize for that. Stuck my nose where it didn't belong, but was trying to accomplish something that I wound up accomplishing with another Scion. Having it aiding Outlander was really secondary, but we will see how it plays out.

As far as being an Outlander goes, you had your good points and some bad. The good points were the obvious ones...the bad points were some bad decisions and tactics in a few situations. But, they were few, not many. If you want to know exactly, feel free to email me at lyristeon@carrionfields.com.

You were definately, without a doubt, a lot more deadly after meeting me and becoming a follower. Very little of it had to do with tactics in your fighting style, which leads me to believe that the game became more fun for you after the meeting. Fun in my book is taking risks and acting a little more freely to test yourself. Not building that perfect set just to see how long you can keep it by avoiding bad situations.

Good luck with your finals and hope to see you in the fields again.

Malkhar. (Guest)Sat 10-Apr-04 03:33 AM

#26156, "Re: Questy stuff."
In response to Reply #19

Seriously, I'm just happy I was able to complete that particular task before age death. I kept dying for some reason or another and would have to start anew. So it took me forever to do what should have been an easy task and I was starting to get concerned. If I hadn't completed it, it would have been a let down.

So that in itself was its own reward. The 3-4 hours left on the character afterward was just icing on the cake

Lerrik (Guest)Fri 09-Apr-04 10:45 PM

#26149, "In the beginning . . ."
In response to Reply #2

I despised your character IC, though I had respect for you
ooc from a previous character (or two hehe)

Know how you feel about the link-dead thing.
for what it's worth *I* almost deleted over
killing you link-dead. (Shortly thereafter I
was kept extremely busy staying alive from
Voronil, and that kept me from deleting.)

Anyway somewhere in there you snared me
and did the yelling torture bit.
(that was awesome btw. I was all tense
in my chair had stun waiting to hit enter...
and you just left me there, after a bit i started
laughing until i spilled my beer.)

You were hella fun to fight, but you made me wish i had
picked polearms

I don't know how many times i was asked what i was doing
and the answer was playing ambush-impale snare-stun with
malkhar. (Never did kill you though. I don't count the
####ty one.)

All-in-all a cool character though.
Have fun with the next.

Crerigord (Guest)Sat 10-Apr-04 02:35 AM

#26155, "impressive"
In response to Reply #2

Well dangnabbit.. age-death.. that always impresses me, Ive only had two chars that Ive managed that with. out of more than a dusin heroes.

Said most things in my goodbye post. So Ill not say much more, cept luck with the next one.

feel free to email me.
LH
farker_of_heaven@hotmail.com

Lemath (Guest)Sat 10-Apr-04 03:59 AM

#26157, "RE: Goodbyes:"
In response to Reply #2

Lemath, the lemur makes you do crazy things.

I don't know if that's meant as a compliment or insult *chuckle*. I had the upmost respect for you. After you and the voker tore me to pieces in Tar Valon when I first got to 42 or so I knew the Refuge was a force to be reckoned with. That's changed a lot now. There's Therisa about now but what can a healer do in a city against a prepped lemur with two guards other than heal kick a few communes and turn guards....obviously a bit of preperation and that can change pretty quick of course. I liked the character, it's unfortunate we never talked. I think we spoke once before I got to hero but I don't remember the conversation. We fought a few times and I think the one time in Tar Valon was the only one I died in. The last raid with me the Justiciar and Kaplanov was really a surprise. I think there I realized YOU were a force to be reckoned with while in the woods. We had you out numbered and by a bit of a surprise....anyhow nicly done and maybe try the Tribunal sometime Maybe we'll have some things to do together *chuckle* Well done and enjoy the quick break if any....take it easy.

The lemur crazed gnome...I think

Mairra (Guest)Sat 10-Apr-04 03:04 PM

#26170, "Goodbye"
In response to Reply #2

Well, you had spoken to me a few times before I ever met you about the whole Sylvan/Outlander thing, and I always figured you were good or neutral. Then when I met you, you had a red aura. Well, as an old-school Sylvan type there was no way I could ever accept you as a "forest defender," and it would have been bad roleplay if I had. Then of course, later on, I had to accept you since the Ancients obviously did. But then I probably worked with you way too much after that to be considered good roleplay. Of course I have already admitted to roleplaying this character badly.

The thing is though, it was easy to be friendly with Malkhar because, despite the red aura, you never once came across as evil. Reading what a chaotic evil is suposed to act like, you just weren;t it. I know all chaotic evils aren;t going to act the same, but the alignment system is there to give us guidlines and then we put our own spin on it. It seems to me, you totally disregarded those guidelines and instead roleplayed a neutral. Of course, that is just my limited view. The immortals obviously saw differently, so I suppose you were probably just decieving me so I'd go along with your plans? Whichever it was, I enjoyed our interaction and I wish you luck on the next.

Therisa (Guest)Sat 10-Apr-04 03:10 PM

#26171, "Damn, you died too soon for me"
In response to Reply #2

My first day as Harbinger was met by Delromsin deleting and you age dying. I hope that isn't a sign as to how the rest of my term goes. I was just getting to know you, too. You were a real powerhouse, one of the best people in Outlander. Your absense will create a large void to fill. I don't even think there's another evil person currently active in Outlander to take your place. I guess I just wish I had gotten to know you better.

aereglen (Guest)Sat 10-Apr-04 03:59 PM

#26172, "it sucks you kicked the bucket man. it was fun. cya lat..."
In response to Reply #2

btw, less you want to get "served" you GOTTA bring it. peace

thornheartFri 09-Apr-04 12:55 AM
Member since 11th May 2003
49 posts
Click to send email to this author Click to send private message to this author Click to add this author to your buddy list
#26105, "RE: (AGE DEATH) [OUTLANDER] Malkhar the Force of Freedo..."
In response to Reply #0

Wow, I really liked our understanding. As though we were united with much the same goals, but with very different ways of going about it.

Did you like the Ranger class? I... had a very hard time with it as I'll explain in my goodbye.

Congrats on the age death and a very neat character.

Nimuweh

Malkhar. (Guest)Fri 09-Apr-04 03:59 PM

#26136, "Hmm."
In response to Reply #1

Did you delete?

I hope not because I was fond of Nimuweh, too, and I think she has an interesting story arc going.

Mixed feelings on rangers. If I were the only CF IMM, I'd probably reduce the effectiveness of snares somewhat (because I think it steers them towards one-trickness) and give them a modified insect swarm at level 45 - one that dissipitates when the victim enters a civilized area like windwalk. I think the latter would increase opportunities for other ways to PK at hero. I'd always tweak the Eastern Roads.. well, the main roads in general, so that you could hide/sneak and camo/creep along them - trees to either side, like some places North of the Jualdhe.

So you can probably tell my main issues from those suggestions 90% of my PKs were done by "snare herding" and too many potential PKs delete with 20% or less wilderness time - you just don't have to go to the wilderness for very long once you're done ranking. And, on the other hand, rangers might actually be too powerful in some ways, in the wilderness - largely because of snare which seems to scare the bejeebus out of people. All in all, I had fun. Sometimes I was bored out of my mind creeping across the game looking for PKs, and other times I was running high on adrenaline jumping from one person to another. There are some areas I would really have liked to explore, but then there are others that I would not have thoroughly explored UNLESS I was playing a ranger.

Does that answer the question?

Nimuweh (Guest)Sun 11-Apr-04 09:29 PM

#26219, "Yes.."
In response to Reply #13

I did delete. I tried and tried and tried to like being a ranger but the class was not for me. I'll post goodbyes when I register for death angel.

3 things make the game fun for me:

Roleplaying, Exploration, and PKing. Roleplaying was superb, but for me, Rangers were lacking in the exploration and PK department by being too limited. I decided that I can just play something else and not be nearly as frustrated as I was with Nimuweh at times.

It just wasn't for me

Nim

Top General Discussions The Battlefield Topic #26103 Previous topic | Next topic