Subject: "(DELETED) [None] Daemar the Prideful Outcast" Previous topic | Next topic
Printer-friendly copy Email this topic to a friend CF Website
Top General Discussions The Battlefield Topic #25939
Show all folders

Death_AngelFri 02-Apr-04 03:16 AM
Member since 25th Jun 2024
16960 posts
Click to send email to this author Click to send private message to this author Click to view this author's profile Click to add this author to your buddy list
#25939, "(DELETED) [None] Daemar the Prideful Outcast"

Fri Apr 2 02:13:12 2004

At 3 o'clock AM, Day of Freedom, 18th of the Month of the Great Evil
on the Theran calendar Daemar perished, never to return.

Race:storm
Class:paladin
Level:51
Alignment:Good
Ethos:Orderly
Cabal:None, None
Hours:328

Alert | IP Printer Friendly copy | Reply | Reply with quote | Top

Reply RE: (DELETED) [None] Daemar the Prideful Outcast, Daemar (Guest), 03-Apr-04 03:29 PM, #6
Reply I get the impression from reading this, Baendraa (Guest), 03-Apr-04 04:56 PM, #7
Reply RE: (DELETED) [None] Daemar the Prideful Outcast, Delrami (Guest), 03-Apr-04 08:58 PM, #8
Reply Thanks for your help!, Audriel (Guest), 03-Apr-04 11:31 PM, #9
Reply Some pointless rantings about Daemar, Crastian (Guest), 04-Apr-04 03:07 AM, #10
Reply RE: (DELETED) [None] Daemar the Prideful Outcast, Sastine (Guest), 04-Apr-04 10:48 AM, #11
Reply I'm glad I was there to help out for your Empowerment., Methos (Guest), 04-Apr-04 09:04 PM, #12
Reply Ah Daemar, what is there to say?, Drothan (Guest), 03-Apr-04 03:07 PM, #5
Reply You have no idea how much you char pissed me off txt, Delromsin (Guest), 03-Apr-04 06:21 AM, #4
Reply I demand that be unfortunate!, Optomkiptum (Guest), 02-Apr-04 11:01 AM, #3
Reply mixed feelings ic. ooc you did fine, Baendraa (Guest), 02-Apr-04 09:03 AM, #2
Reply Im glad you finally deleted, Thorogarn (Guest), 02-Apr-04 08:17 AM, #1

Daemar (Guest)Sat 03-Apr-04 03:29 PM

#25988, "RE: (DELETED) [None] Daemar the Prideful Outcast"
In response to Reply #0

Daemar's role was easy and simple. I sought to protect peace
and this was to be done at all costs. This was my first
leader and I thank Lord Velkurah for giving me the chance. I believe
overall I did alright, but towards the end I lost it.

Tribunal:

Nilki, I liked your character and that you took on the task
to help the younger magistrates learn. I do feel however you
needed to be on duty a bit more.

Kaplanov, it took you forever to get inducted, but you hung
in their and you did become magistrate. Keep up the good work
and I am sure you will be rewarded well.

Opt "Justiciar" Sorry, I just can't recall the spelling of your name.
You rocked, and knew your stuff. Your demand for perfection made things
interesting.

Odrirg, Sorry for what happened to you, but I had no choice. I did know it was against the rule for me to want you, but I did this for a
reason involving the kara chal and paladin code.

Lemath, you did well, and will likely get rewarded well if you
continue the way you have been doing.

Delrami, I like you alot and this is one of the reasons I gave you
some tasks to do. You deserve a promotion to either Justiciar or
Provost.

Baendra, I dislike necromancers alot, but did my best to work with
you as a lawman. You did fairly well, but something bothered me with
your provincial duties.

To the rest of the mortal tribunals, keep up the vigilance and
destroy them outlanders!

Immortals:

Vynmylak, thank you for empowering me, this helped alot.

Velkurah, what can I say but thanks alot for believing in Daemar,
and giving me the chance as leader. You also made it fun for me
with the kara chal. Sorry I messed up at the end, but I learned
from it.

Grurk, I hated your character, and disliked your approach to many
things. You seemed to be really hung up on the "respect" issue rather
than focus on the more important things involving the Spire. Daemar
did his best to not lose his temper with you, but at the end I did
lose it. I think you need to lighten up some or you may see bad times ahead for you and the Spire.

Sabiene, you rocked! You know your stuff very well and the roleplay
with you was very interesting.

Drunsthol, we never really did talk much, only at the end did we
have some interaction. I have no opinion but to say you scared the
crap out of me.

To the rest of you that was not named, I had fun with Daemar and
probably did piss many off. Daemar's goal was to prevent conflicts
and protect what peace there was. Overall I had fun, but for some
reason or another I fell apart towards the end.

Daemar.

Baendraa (Guest)Sat 03-Apr-04 04:56 PM

#25994, "I get the impression from reading this"
In response to Reply #6

That you liked "nice" tribs, and that this to some extent colors your judgement of how "good" a tribunal they are.

You became Provost sometime before I became a Provincial. At the time, I was pretty nice to you because you were talking about promoting me. However, when you didn't seem to do much more than talk about it, I cooled to Daemar. When I was made Provincial, you didn't (as far as Baendra knows) have anything to do with it.

At this stage, Baendra withdrew her support from you and was somewhat more combative, as you may have noticed when you asked for scrolls letting you know we were around twice in quick succession. I didn't like having to fill out paperwork I viewed as pointless (because I'd just filled out a scroll telling you where I worked about three days earlier), and I remember saying this in the scroll. Equally, I remember asking, in writing, for clarification on a point of law and getting no reply, even though I knew you were around and had seen other notes you'd written since. This, in Baendra's view, was not acceptable in a Provost.

Overall, I didn't change my handling of the job when I became a Provincial. I just changed how I related to Daemar. If you wanted her to treat you well, you needed to have something to offer or command her respect otherwise. In the end, Baendra didn't see either from you and thus wasn't all that polite (except when trying to get information out of you such as whether you planned to reclaim your position as Provost).

In general though, I definitely get the impression you instinctively think that "nice" tribs deserve reward and that not-nice tribs don't deserve to have authority. Grurk's asshole-ness (for lack of a better word) is in line with his rp. He let me have it when I, as an applicant, suggested I might try to be interviewed by an imm if I didn't see Agarah soon, because it wasn't in line with the "way things should be done in the spire". At the time I thought "what an asshole", but subsequently I've realised it is part of what Grurk is about. One thing all spire members have in common is that they are orderly ethos. It is not inappropriate for them to have adherence to structured policies, and punish deviation from them. Trib rank is a part of this, which is why Baendra never expressed her growing disrespect for yourself. You outranked her.

Different characters will focus on different aspects of the Spire. You, ooc, seem to have a good-aligned outlook on it. As in, everyone in the spire should be doing their best to protect the little guy in the city. I used to see it the same way. Whilst I now don't think anyone should abuse their position, there are vastly different reasons to be a tribunal that are all good ones. Grurk's may not tie in with yours, but it still fits.

Delrami (Guest)Sat 03-Apr-04 08:58 PM

#26000, "RE: (DELETED) [None] Daemar the Prideful Outcast"
In response to Reply #6

Well, I can say I liked you too. At first I was a bit miffed. I remember seeing you as this low level paladin knew to the spire. Little fresh and all, but learning the ropes. I take a week away from teh game and come back to find you a hero along with two others. I was like what the hell! I'm not that slow! (This was with me at 200+ hours already). So I figured it was time to rank to hero. And you are one of the ones that made it happen. We made a good team with you taking all the hits and me delivering the damage. Course we were ranking like mad there but I did appreciate you taking time to help me out whenever you could. As for the incident, I was serious there. I wanted to thwap you around for being so foolish! I hope you come back to the spire, as we can always use good people like you. Your roleplay and dedication were refreshing. As for promotion, we'll just have to wait and see what they think. Hope to see you again.

Delrami Tolengard

Audriel (Guest)Sat 03-Apr-04 11:31 PM

#26003, "Thanks for your help!"
In response to Reply #6

It must have been hard trying to balance the Paladin Code, Kara Chal, and Tribunal in your role. Most people don't realise or appreciate the degree of difficulty you faced. I wasn't privy to any of the things you faced while in the Spire, but political nonsense is part and parcel to being in a cabal.

As far as I'm concerned, you did great and were most helpful. As for any mistakes you've made -- so be it. Too bad you aren't as perfect as your critics.

Crastian (Guest)Sun 04-Apr-04 03:07 AM

#26010, "Some pointless rantings about Daemar"
In response to Reply #6

I knew Daemar was strong enough to rip up a dumb
birdie like Bobbobimb, but when he became Provost,
I thought that he was a little excessive with the
changes in the members. Right away there was a new
giant wave of inductees, and people were getting
moved all over the place. not that that's a bad
thing, but I remember in two days I went from
Patrolling Hamsah to Tar Valon to Galadon, which
was a drastic change from the previous provosts.

You always were helpful to all the young spirelings,
and when you told me to rank up, so I could stay in
Galadon, that was nice. One drawback to playing a
tribbie is that you're too busy patrolling to learn
all the time, so that helped a whole lot.

Well, good luck with the next.

Sastine (Guest)Sun 04-Apr-04 10:48 AM

#26020, "RE: (DELETED) [None] Daemar the Prideful Outcast"
In response to Reply #6

It's a bummer you deleted and stuff. I'm tired of the creepies and the evils and the boring and the overstuffy leading the Spire (even though I have to admit to liking both Kelrizza and Agarah in their own ways).
I liked you, come back

Methos (Guest)Sun 04-Apr-04 09:04 PM

#26028, "I'm glad I was there to help out for your Empowerment."
In response to Reply #6

I have it logged, if you don't and you want it, just say.

I hope my suspicions about something are wrong, other than that I was glad to call you a Friend.

Drothan (Guest)Sat 03-Apr-04 03:07 PM

#25986, "Ah Daemar, what is there to say?"
In response to Reply #0

Drothan had mixed feelings for you, he felt the need to respect you cuz ya inducted him, but was dismayed at the silly things you did =P

Daemar was a solid paladin, and it was sad to see you get booted from the spire over a little note...but I guess that was just a drop in the bucket though eh?

I wish ya the best of luck with your next! See ya in the fields.

Delromsin (Guest)Sat 03-Apr-04 06:21 AM

#25977, "You have no idea how much you char pissed me off txt"
In response to Reply #0

Your character was completely and utterly... Well I dislike putting other peoples characters down, mostly because mine are far from perfect, but the fact that you were a Kara Chal tribunal was great. But its when you started threatening me, and attempting to make me raid/battle you was totally not protectful/peaceful or anything the Kara Chal stood for. I like our one talk on peace though. Really interesting. Delromsin didn't like you, and I liked your char up until you start blurting stuff at me, that was in my mind. Totally out of your role/roleplay.

Optomkiptum (Guest)Fri 02-Apr-04 11:01 AM

#25947, "I demand that be unfortunate!"
In response to Reply #0

Ack, and here I was waiting for you to take Provost again.

I have to say that mixing the Kara Chal with Tribunal Provost would have made for an interesting leadership but sadly it wasn't to last long. You show of peace and things didn't seem to work out quite as you planned as you quickly seemed to take the Paladin code to heart more than before. It was an odd change but I suppose we're all human underneath It seemed to weaken your stance a little when you'd made all these 'peaceful' moves and then suddenly, gave in on them. Other than that, not too bad in the PK department (not harder to be better than me ) just unfortunate about the whole Odrirg deal. I think I agreed with Velkurah when he said we needed one of the light to lead a while... too much 'grr, evil' rp at the top despite the soft stance many evil provosts were forced to take on some matters. *sigh* Hope you enjoyed doing the Kara Chal religion. Come back soooon!

Sorry you were outcast. I liked you. So did optom. *sob*

Baendraa (Guest)Fri 02-Apr-04 09:03 AM

#25941, "mixed feelings ic. ooc you did fine"
In response to Reply #0

Ooc, I had no problem with you. I even sympathise with you flagging another trib when they committed a crime (although, as has been pointed out to you, that's not your right). I can see why a paladin might jump the gun in such a situation though so it isn't necessarily bad role-play even if you knew.

IC, I had mixed feelings. On one hand, I didn't feel the distate for you that I felt for most of your guild, because you didn't run around like a fanatic (from Baendra's pov). I almost had some time for you because you listened to what Baendra said and took it on board before making your decisions. Even if I didn't agree with them, the fact you considered what she said first was a brownie point for you.

However, on the bad side, I felt like some of the calls you made had brought the spire into disrepute. Granted, the scions may have been lying, but I'd dealt with some of those scions in the past and they didn't renege on their word in our dealings even when they could have. One case I'm thinking of is where two invokers were with a criminal, and you can't be certain which one shielded the criminal but placed a flag anyway. And your first letter to the spire did not ingratiate yourself to me, because you implicitly criticised the leadership of a necromancer in a way that reflected on all necromancers.

It may seem odd, but I also saw Daemar as a weak leader despite some of the "rash" decisions. I suppose it is less unexpected when you consider that you are one of the Kara-chal, though I didn't realise this until very late in your life. That's why I mention it as an ic criticism rather than an ooc one. A necromancer viewing a Kara-chal as weak is perhaps to be expected. Baendra, however, was pushing to have someone stronger take the helm.

Overall, I thought Daemar was a good character. However, you did pick some bad times to slip up.

Thorogarn (Guest)Fri 02-Apr-04 08:17 AM

#25940, "Im glad you finally deleted"
In response to Reply #0

Long before I joined the outlanders, somewhere in the teen ranks, you were still a hero pally. I was in a keep killing a mob, you rush in and try to kill it before me, then call me swine, because i got the stuff first, and sent me a couple more tells after that.

It's paladins like You, that make me hate them.

Top General Discussions The Battlefield Topic #25939 Previous topic | Next topic