Subject: "(AUTO) [BATTLE] Gretta the Overlord" Previous topic | Next topic
Printer-friendly copy Email this topic to a friend CF Website
Top General Discussions The Battlefield Topic #25937
Show all folders

Death_AngelFri 02-Apr-04 01:48 AM
Member since 17th Jun 2024
16940 posts
Click to send email to this author Click to send private message to this author Click to view this author's profile Click to add this author to your buddy list
#25937, "(AUTO) [BATTLE] Gretta the Overlord"

Fri Apr 2 00:44:49 2004

At 12 o'clock PM, Day of the Great Gods, 12th of the Month of the Great Evil
on the Theran calendar Gretta perished, never to return.

Race:fire
Class:warrior
Level:30
Alignment:Neutral
Ethos:Orderly
Cabal:BATTLE, the BattleRagers, Haters of Magic
Hours:104

Alert | IP Printer Friendly copy | Reply | Reply with quote | Top

Reply Well thats all folks, Samira (Guest), 08-Apr-04 07:45 PM, #19
Reply Vladimir, read above, jaynus, 09-Apr-04 12:43 PM, #20
     Reply You're Wrong, Jegec (Guest), 09-Apr-04 01:50 PM, #21
          Reply Couldn't have said it better nyself. nt, Vladamir, 09-Apr-04 04:36 PM, #22
Reply RE: (AUTO) [BATTLE] Gretta the Overlord, so (Guest), 03-Apr-04 05:11 PM, #12
Reply That sucks!, Some guy (Guest), 02-Apr-04 06:34 PM, #3
Reply You are the poster child for why..., Jinroh (Guest), 02-Apr-04 09:30 AM, #1
     Reply Couple of things, Captain Tude, Vladamir, 02-Apr-04 10:41 AM, #2
          Reply Couple of things for Captain Know Nothing but Thinks Kn..., Jinroh (Guest), 03-Apr-04 03:21 AM, #4
          Reply I'm going to have to agree with Vladamir on this one, Meladori, 03-Apr-04 03:33 AM, #5
          Reply RE: Couple of things for Captain Know Nothing but Think..., Vladamir, 03-Apr-04 03:56 AM, #6
               Reply Seeing you supposedly know so much about Gretta, Jinroh (Guest), 03-Apr-04 06:31 AM, #7
               Reply RE: Seeing you supposedly know so much about Gretta, Vladamir, 03-Apr-04 08:02 AM, #8
                    Reply You keep defending her, Jinroh (Guest), 03-Apr-04 01:25 PM, #9
                         Reply Constance did the exact same thing, rather well, Theerkla, 03-Apr-04 04:53 PM, #10
                         Reply Oh, and to put words in Vladami'rs mouth, Theerkla, 03-Apr-04 04:54 PM, #11
                              Reply That about sums it up. nt, Vladamir, 04-Apr-04 05:44 AM, #15
                         Reply RE: You keep defending her, Vladamir, 04-Apr-04 05:42 AM, #14
               Reply RE: Couple of things for Captain Know Nothing but Think..., A former SMUG (Guest), 06-Apr-04 02:09 AM, #16
                    Reply Just a few points here..., Vladamir, 06-Apr-04 02:09 AM, #17
                         Reply Heh, thanks Smug Player, that answers all my questions...., Jinroh (Guest), 06-Apr-04 11:24 PM, #18
          Reply And one thing for you., Nivek1, 03-Apr-04 05:57 PM, #13

Samira (Guest)Thu 08-Apr-04 07:45 PM

#26099, "Well thats all folks"
In response to Reply #0

Unfortunitly time tears me away from mudding recently and I just can't give it my all and playing an unspec'd warrior is tough as high hell... it took most of my time just to get into battle the whole time I was being slet from a tons of invis peeps...

Heh anyway Arvam I'm not sure what to say... I thought being turned neut stunk... and I was so upset. I tried to stick it through but I just couldn't get you to talk to me after I had done what you asked...

I thank you jinroh for the help but don't be upset(second warrior ever and first villager).... and vlad thanks for the words

jaynusFri 09-Apr-04 12:43 PM
Member since 16th Apr 2003
139 posts
Click to send email to this author Click to send private message to this author Click to add this author to your buddy list
#26124, "Vladimir, read above"
In response to Reply #19

Notice how the post says its his first Villager. He was a Battle newbie, just as Jinroh said.

Jegec (Guest)Fri 09-Apr-04 01:50 PM

#26127, "You're Wrong"
In response to Reply #20

Jinroh made it pretty clear he thought she was a total newbie (i.e. not knowing her way to Udgaard, etc.), which is plainly false. No offense but Jinroh was clearly wrong in his assessment, though I can understand his frustration at her autodeletion. Being a Battle newbie is entirely different from being a complete newbie.

VladamirFri 09-Apr-04 04:36 PM
Member since 04th Mar 2003
1179 posts
Click to send email to this author Click to send private message to this author Click to view this author's profile Click to add this author to your buddy list Click to send message via AOL IM Click to send message via ICQ
#26139, "Couldn't have said it better nyself. nt"
In response to Reply #21

nt

so (Guest)Sat 03-Apr-04 05:11 PM

#25995, "RE: (AUTO) [BATTLE] Gretta the Overlord"
In response to Reply #0

Why is she neutral?

Some guy (Guest)Fri 02-Apr-04 06:34 PM

#25955, "That sucks!"
In response to Reply #0

I saw you had some pretty good RP.. I used to see you in the Inn all the time.. around the time when you were trying to get into Battle and you had lost your spec's b/c of something dealing with Arvam.... Anyways.. I had a fairly good time when we did speak so GOOD luck on your next.

Jinroh (Guest)Fri 02-Apr-04 09:30 AM

#25943, "You are the poster child for why..."
In response to Reply #0

Cabal leaders should not take chances on newbies. I am sorry but if i go through all the hoops and such to teach you the ropes and then you auto delete, I don't know why I waste my time. Perhaps next time you would be a little more serious about playing a character when someone puts a lot of time helping you.

VladamirFri 02-Apr-04 10:41 AM
1179 posts
Click to send email to this author Click to send private message to this author Click to view this author's profile Click to add this author to your buddy list Click to send message via AOL IM Click to send message via ICQ
#25945, "Couple of things, Captain Tude"
In response to Reply #1

1. She is far from a newbie.

2. Without knowing what her situation or reason for not logging the character was, shooting off your mouth about what a waste of time she was just bumps you to the head of the "Biggest douche bag in the universe" contestant list.

3. However much time you may have spent on her, she obviously spent far more time with the character, so if anyone ought to be frustrated over her character, it's her.

4. Teaching someone something they may not have known before is never a waste of time, even if their character is gone. That person carries that knowledge with them to the next character, and the next and so on.

Jinroh (Guest)Sat 03-Apr-04 03:21 AM

#25970, "Couple of things for Captain Know Nothing but Thinks Kn..."
In response to Reply #2

One, the way she acted, talked, hunted, and knowledge of the areas of Thera, she was one of the most newbie people I have met on the mud since starting playing.

Two, I felt some akinship with her, seeing I was new once as well, and so took extra time out of my life to help her in a hundred different ways.

Three, it is a waste of my time when I could have spent it on applicants that are going to play, of which there is a lot of applicants.

Four, being nice, showing them the ropes, and finally inducting them, because obviously this was her first cabal, only to have her stop playing the day of induction and auto delete. That leaves a bad taste in my mouth. Because if she is not going to even play the cabal, why seek induction, to waste my time? Which ultimately it was a waste of time. I can think of a lot of other ways to spend my time.

Five, you already hold the title for biggest douche bag in the universe, mainly because you spout your mouth off before knowing nothing of the situation you are commenting on, nor do you understand the time I spent nor the things I did to go out of my way, thus you have no idea the situation. It is best if you be quiet before you embarrass yourself any more.

And my last question, is the reason you are so strongly defending Gretta is because you were Gretta? I think so, which confirms all my points.

MeladoriSat 03-Apr-04 03:33 AM
Member since 30th Aug 2003
42 posts
Click to send email to this author Click to send private message to this author Click to view this author's profile Click to add this author to your buddy list
#25973, "I'm going to have to agree with Vladamir on this one"
In response to Reply #4

If she was the newbiest newbie you've ever met, it's a good thing you showed her the ropes. Yeah, it stinks she stopped playing, but those things happen. Haven't you ever had a character that you had to stop playing, even if just for a while? Like your computer went on the fritz or maybe something in life just demanded your attention? I had to ditch on my first empowered character because some of my distant relatives needed my help. Any reason she had for leaving, doesn't mean that what you taught her won't help her later if she ever comes back. You should feel good about yourself, not feel angry towards her.

Some people wake up every day thinking the world is going to make sense. How fun would that be anyway?

VladamirSat 03-Apr-04 03:56 AM
1179 posts
#25974, "RE: Couple of things for Captain Know Nothing but Think..."
In response to Reply #4

>One, the way she acted, talked, hunted, and knowledge of the
>areas of Thera, she was one of the most newbie people I have
>met on the mud since starting playing.

Of course none of this could have been role related. I mean, having your entire value system thrown into upheaval certainly wouldn't be disorienting or anything. And for the record, Gretas player has been CFing for a few years now.

>Two, I felt some akinship with her, seeing I was new once as
>well, and so took extra time out of my life to help her in a
>hundred different ways.

And then #### all over the effort you put into helping someone, by blasting them for letting the character go, all the while knowing nothing at all about why. This basically says "You were worth my time when what I was teaching you could possibly help me, by making you a more competant cabalmate. Since you're not my cabalmate anymore, it was a waste of my time".
>
>Three, it is a waste of my time when I could have spent it on
>applicants that are going to play, of which there is a lot of
>applicants.

Read my previous paragraph, apply it doubly here for this statement.
>
>Four, being nice, showing them the ropes, and finally
>inducting them, because obviously this was her first cabal,
>only to have her stop playing the day of induction and auto
>delete. That leaves a bad taste in my mouth. Because if she is
>not going to even play the cabal, why seek induction, to waste
>my time? Which ultimately it was a waste of time. I can think
>of a lot of other ways to spend my time.

Uhh, listening to you say things like "Obviously this was her first cabal" is really entertaining, since I can think of at least a half dozen heroed and caballed characters the plyer has had in the last year alone. Why should her character or her playing or not playing it have anything to do with you? I hate to break it to you, but the mud, and certainly the world, do not revolve around you and your agenda. (Everyone ought to know by now, the world revolves around ME)

>
>Five, you already hold the title for biggest douche bag in the
>universe, mainly because you spout your mouth off before
>knowing nothing of the situation you are commenting on, nor do
>you understand the time I spent nor the things I did to go out
>of my way, thus you have no idea the situation. It is best if
>you be quiet before you embarrass yourself any more.

Let me repeat something here. "you already hold the title for biggest douche bag in the universe, mainly because you spout your mouth off before knowing nothing of the situation you are commenting on". I'm not going to turn this into a "I am rubber you are glue" sort of nonsense thread, but this is precisely what you did with your whiny little bitch ass post, which I called you on in the first place.

>
>And my last question, is the reason you are so strongly
>defending Gretta is because you were Gretta? I think so, which
>confirms all my points.

Not at all. For starters, I've been playing the mud longer than almost anyone. So your point about the player being a newbie would be even less accurate in my case. Secondly you said you had to show her how to hunt. Again, having had several cabal leaders and a general of the village, I'm perfectly aware of how to hunt and kill, and can find my way around the mud just fine. Same deal, your comparison doesn't hold water. Thirdly, I own up to every one of my characters once the character is gone, even my experimental characters that sucked pretty badly (ALA Chandrella, whom I may add you tried repeatedly to kill but never managed to alone. Wanna teach me some more tactics there junior?) And fourthly, I fought and killed Greta once in a raid on the Palace with a character I recently deleted whom hasn't shown up yet on the graveyard. Kind of hard to be in two places at once, in both a raiding and defending position. But then you do so love your conclusion jumping and speculating, don't you?

>

Jinroh (Guest)Sat 03-Apr-04 06:31 AM

#25978, "Seeing you supposedly know so much about Gretta"
In response to Reply #6

and player. What happened then? For you seem to be a know it all about everything that revolves around this Gretta person, enlighten us with your wisdom.

For someone who has heroed a half a dozen characters in the past year, they sure don't know how to get to Udgaard, or wood elf city, or the past, or a path into the Underdark, or even how to find places just off eastern road.

I helped with all these things. And I cannot help but feel a little annoyed when they just up and disappear like this the day you induct them, to give them a chance.

You actively try to help someone prepare for something and right when they are given the chance to do the thing they were prepared for, they ditch, be it for whatever reason, its annoying.

So before you continue your little bitch session, try to look at it from a Leader Character point of view as well as a player point of view. Apparently Gretta needs someone to defend them, and its Vlad, the all knowing Captain. You began this Tude session, so stop bitching when someone reacts to it.

VladamirSat 03-Apr-04 08:02 AM
1179 posts
#25980, "RE: Seeing you supposedly know so much about Gretta"
In response to Reply #7

>and player. What happened then? For you seem to be a know it
>all about everything that revolves around this Gretta person,
>enlighten us with your wisdom.

It's not my place to explain what her reasons were, if she feels the need to explain herself, she can.

>For someone who has heroed a half a dozen characters in the
>past year, they sure don't know how to get to Udgaard, or wood
>elf city, or the past, or a path into the Underdark, or even
>how to find places just off eastern road.

And of course none of this could be role related. Nope, not a bit of it.

>I helped with all these things. And I cannot help but feel a
>little annoyed when they just up and disappear like this the
>day you induct them, to give them a chance.

I doubt she disappeared the day you inducted her, since I killed her after she was in the village.

>You actively try to help someone prepare for something and
>right when they are given the chance to do the thing they were
>prepared for, they ditch, be it for whatever reason, its
>annoying.

Be that as it may, I hardly think it's reason to come here and try to put them down, without knowing anything about why they stopped playing.

>So before you continue your little bitch session, try to look
>at it from a Leader Character point of view as well as a
>player point of view. Apparently Gretta needs someone to
>defend them, and its Vlad, the all knowing Captain. You began
>this Tude session, so stop bitching when someone reacts to
>it.

Actually you started the bitch and tude session with totally going off on someone whose history as a player, and reasons for not playing a character anymore you know nothing about. Did you stop for two seconds to think if I said something for her, it was because she's unable to? No of course not, you just jumped to the conclusion that she NEEDS defending or is unwilling to defend herself by choice.

Jinroh (Guest)Sat 03-Apr-04 01:25 PM

#25983, "You keep defending her"
In response to Reply #8

yet you keep making criptic comments that I should supposedly know her problem and sympathize (but of course, you can't go into details). Seeing that I write down when I induct someone and hers to the auto deletion is a month and three hours, I'm right. Whatever your experience is with her is from the outside, I directly interacted with her. And have a lot more first person knowledge than you do. Perhaps you should give me the benefit of the doubt, since you are always so willing to do that (ya, right).

Its in her role that she doesn't know how to find any place on the mud, okay, sure. I call bullcrap. Any other things you just want to make up to defend your points, feel free.

You keep saying you know all this about Gretta yet don't come up with anything hard, but then assume I should know these things.

And lastly, seeing this is my last post on the subject. I don't care what her problem is, from what I see, she stopped playing the same day I inducted her. That annoys me, and would annoy anyone. It would annoy anyone who put some time (not needed time where I could have just blown off this character), and I could have spent those 15 hours somewhere else. I can't believe I'm hearing this from you of all people about giving benefit of the doubt to anyone, seeing you never do.

Apparently no one can get annoyed at one of Captain Vlad's friends or he will come arunning.

TheerklaSat 03-Apr-04 04:53 PM
1055 posts
#25992, "Constance did the exact same thing, rather well"
In response to Reply #9

>Its in her role that she doesn't know how to find any place on
>the mud, okay, sure. I call bullcrap. Any other things you
>just want to make up to defend your points, feel free.
>

And seeing as how she was Jacynth's mort, I'm pretty sure it was RP.

TheerklaSat 03-Apr-04 04:54 PM
1055 posts
#25993, "Oh, and to put words in Vladami'rs mouth"
In response to Reply #10

Don't think of it as defending Gretta, think of it as attacking you

VladamirSun 04-Apr-04 05:44 AM
1179 posts
#26014, "That about sums it up. nt"
In response to Reply #11

nt

VladamirSun 04-Apr-04 05:42 AM
1179 posts
#26013, "RE: You keep defending her"
In response to Reply #9

>yet you keep making criptic comments that I should supposedly
>know her problem and sympathize (but of course, you can't go
>into details). Seeing that I write down when I induct someone
>and hers to the auto deletion is a month and three hours, I'm
>right. Whatever your experience is with her is from the
>outside, I directly interacted with her. And have a lot more
>first person knowledge than you do. Perhaps you should give me
>the benefit of the doubt, since you are always so willing to
>do that (ya, right).

I didn't make any cryptic remarks, I just said without knowing what someones reasons were, you shouldn't blast them for not playing. As for first person knowledge of her character, I seriously doubt you have more of this than I do. And the benefit of the doubt? You mean the same one you weren't willing to give her? Why should I do for you what you clearly aren't willing to do for her?

>Its in her role that she doesn't know how to find any place on
>the mud, okay, sure. I call bullcrap. Any other things you
>just want to make up to defend your points, feel free.

You can call whatever you like, but it wouldn't be the first time a character has roleplayed lack of knowledge for RP reasons.

>You keep saying you know all this about Gretta yet don't come
>up with anything hard, but then assume I should know these
>things.

Not at all. I said you shouldn't jump on someone without knowing what their situation was. I never once said you ought to know her reasons.

>And lastly, seeing this is my last post on the subject. I
>don't care what her problem is, from what I see, she stopped
>playing the same day I inducted her. That annoys me, and would
>annoy anyone. It would annoy anyone who put some time (not
>needed time where I could have just blown off this character),
>and I could have spent those 15 hours somewhere else. I can't
>believe I'm hearing this from you of all people about giving
>benefit of the doubt to anyone, seeing you never do.

It wouldn't annoy me, I'd just see it as part of something my character did. I didn't say anything about the benefit of the doubt, I just said not to be an asshole without knowing what was going on with her character. I've made this statement to several other people who got pissy with someone for autodeleting, without knowing their reasons, but you clearly will only see what you want to see.

>Apparently no one can get annoyed at one of Captain Vlad's
>friends or he will come arunning.

It had nothing at all to do with her being my friend, and everything to do with you being a jackass to someone, over what THEY decide to do with their character for whatever reasons. I've made the same remarks to people who were jackasses to people who I didn't even know who autodeleted.

A former SMUG (Guest)Mon 05-Apr-04 10:21 PM

#26065, "RE: Couple of things for Captain Know Nothing but Think..."
In response to Reply #6
Edited on Tue 06-Apr-04 02:09 AM

"You're a stupid moron, with an ugly face and a big butt and your butt smells and you like to kiss your own butt".

Ask yourself this question: Would you defend this person so vehemently if they were male? I think you'll find the answer is no.

*snip*

VladamirTue 06-Apr-04 12:20 AM
1179 posts
#26068, "Just a few points here..."
In response to Reply #16
Edited on Tue 06-Apr-04 02:09 AM

>Ask yourself this question: Would you defend this person so
>vehemently if they were male? I think you'll find the answer
>is no.

Did I say anything actually defending this person? I think you'll find the answer here is no. I told JInroh he was an ass for jumping to conclusions about why someone may cease playing a character. I don't recall saying anything about the player being great, or l33t or whatever you wish to call it. I did point out that the player was far from new, but again, that wasn't to defend her, it was to point out how wrong Jinroh was.

Gender had no part in this, and I've made several such posts about other morons who jumped on someone for autodeleting. If you look back, I think you'll find this was the first time any of them was female. Thanks for playing.

Jinroh (Guest)Tue 06-Apr-04 11:24 PM

#26079, "Heh, thanks Smug Player, that answers all my questions...."
In response to Reply #17

n/t

Nivek1Sat 03-Apr-04 05:57 PM
655 posts
Click to send email to this author Click to send private message to this author Click to view this author's profile Click to add this author to your buddy list Click to send message via AOL IM
#25996, "And one thing for you."
In response to Reply #2

Maybe you should tell that to all the people waiting in the wings for a shot at an interview while he wasted time on this project.

Top General Discussions The Battlefield Topic #25937 Previous topic | Next topic