Subject: "(DELETED) [HERALD] Sastine Abhoth the Sparkling Diamond..." Previous topic | Next topic
Printer-friendly copy Email this topic to a friend CF Website
Top General Discussions The Battlefield Topic #25612
Show all folders

Death_AngelSun 21-Mar-04 01:20 AM
Member since 15th Jun 2024
16938 posts
Click to send email to this author Click to send private message to this author Click to view this author's profile Click to add this author to your buddy list
#25612, "(DELETED) [HERALD] Sastine Abhoth the Sparkling Diamond Barkeep, High Herald of the Eternal Star"

Sun Mar 21 00:18:21 2004

At 5 o'clock AM, Day of the Sun, 34th of the Month of the Frost Giant
on the Theran calendar Sastine perished, never to return.

Race:human
Class:bard
Level:51
Alignment:Neutral
Ethos:Chaotic
Cabal:HERALD, the Heralds of the Eternal Star
Hours:363

Alert | IP Printer Friendly copy | Reply | Reply with quote | Top

Reply RE: (DELETED) [HERALD] Sastine Abhoth the Sparkling Dia..., Sastine (Guest), 21-Mar-04 10:07 AM, #1
     Reply RE: (DELETED) [HERALD] Sastine Abhoth the Sparkling Dia..., soucivi, 21-Mar-04 12:08 PM, #2
     Reply Wow., Withsworry (Guest), 21-Mar-04 12:37 PM, #3
     Reply RE: Wow., Sastine (Guest), 22-Mar-04 10:06 AM, #18
     Reply For my part., Grurk Muouk, 21-Mar-04 12:58 PM, #4
     Reply RE: For my part., Sastine (Guest), 21-Mar-04 02:49 PM, #7
     Reply I knew I screwed up, soucivi, 21-Mar-04 05:35 PM, #9
     Reply RE: (DELETED) [HERALD] Sastine Abhoth the Sparkling Dia..., Miaree (Guest), 21-Mar-04 01:16 PM, #5
     Reply RE: (DELETED) [HERALD] Sastine Abhoth the Sparkling Dia..., Agarah (Guest), 21-Mar-04 01:41 PM, #6
     Reply RE: (DELETED) [HERALD] Sastine Abhoth the Sparkling Dia..., Sastine (Guest), 21-Mar-04 03:13 PM, #8
          Reply Question., Agarah (Guest), 21-Mar-04 06:00 PM, #10
          Reply RE: Question., Sastine (Guest), 21-Mar-04 06:23 PM, #11
          Reply *sigh*, Odrirg (Guest), 21-Mar-04 08:01 PM, #12
               Reply RE: *sigh*, Sastine (Guest), 22-Mar-04 07:28 AM, #13
     Reply You were fun, Drokk, 22-Mar-04 07:57 AM, #14
     Reply RE: You were fun, Sastine (Guest), 22-Mar-04 09:59 AM, #17
     Reply RE: (DELETED) [HERALD] Sastine Abhoth the Sparkling Dia..., Graeterok (Guest), 22-Mar-04 08:10 AM, #15
     Reply RE: (DELETED) [HERALD] Sastine Abhoth the Sparkling Dia..., Sastine (Guest), 22-Mar-04 09:54 AM, #16
     Reply RE: (DELETED) [HERALD] Sastine Abhoth the Sparkling Dia..., Ghroth (Guest), 22-Mar-04 01:55 PM, #19
     Reply RE: (DELETED) [HERALD] Sastine Abhoth the Sparkling Dia..., Ghroth (Guest), 22-Mar-04 02:07 PM, #20
          Reply RE: (DELETED) [HERALD] Sastine Abhoth the Sparkling Dia..., Sastine (Guest), 22-Mar-04 02:55 PM, #21
     Reply RE: (DELETED) [HERALD] Sastine Abhoth the Sparkling Dia..., Nimuweh (Guest), 23-Mar-04 12:31 AM, #22
     Reply RE: (DELETED) [HERALD] Sastine Abhoth the Sparkling Dia..., Sastine (Guest), 23-Mar-04 08:02 AM, #23
     Reply RE: (DELETED) [HERALD] Sastine Abhoth the Sparkling Dia..., Njaal (Guest), 25-Mar-04 05:08 AM, #24
     Reply RE: (DELETED) [HERALD] Sastine Abhoth the Sparkling Dia..., Verv (Guest), 26-Mar-04 04:49 AM, #25
     Reply RE: (DELETED) [HERALD] Sastine Abhoth the Sparkling Dia..., Sastine (Guest), 28-Mar-04 07:08 PM, #27
     Reply RE: (DELETED) [HERALD] Sastine Abhoth the Sparkling Dia..., Beroxxus, 28-Mar-04 07:07 PM, #26
     Reply RE: (DELETED) [HERALD] Sastine Abhoth the Sparkling Dia..., Sastine (Guest), 29-Mar-04 12:58 PM, #29
          Reply MY FRIEND, PA...RICK (Guest), 30-Mar-04 12:00 PM, #30
     Reply ya thanks for sayin me, Pa...rick (Guest), 29-Mar-04 11:31 AM, #28

Sastine (Guest)Sun 21-Mar-04 10:07 AM

#25615, "RE: (DELETED) [HERALD] Sastine Abhoth the Sparkling Dia..."
In response to Reply #0

Alright so I rolled this character because I wanted to hero a character without having a change of heart (rather alignment or ethos, I had been poorly playing healers and was getting rather frustrated), along with that, I established a couple of goals, most of which I met: I wanted to hero, get tattooed, titled, and avoid excess Immteraction (see above). With the exception of the last item, I was extremely successful. Being in line to become High Herald, and then becoming High Herald, put me in line for all sorts of fun Immortal games. I liked Arvam’s religion and had never followed him before. I knew I wanted to play a pretty barmaid who hid her intelligence with a bubbly, semi-ditzy exterior. My role developed from there. Becoming High Herald was never a plan, but it was certainly a cool opportunity. Towards the end I wasn’t feeling very Sparkly, so I thought it best to quit while I was ahead.

Imms:
Soucivi: I thought you were a great High Herald, I was actually bummed when you imm’d, but I’m glad for you. Thank you for being so supportive and for giving me advice when you knew I really needed it.
Arvam: I had a great time interacting with you. I thought it was cool that you still take time out to spend with Heralds, your followers (and really everyone that comes along with them). I really never knew when you were impressed or disappointed, which sort of added to the excitement because it always made me try harder!
Shazirah: The amount of time you put into the Inn and the Heralds is really awesome. Other than that, I didn’t much enjoy our interactions at all.
Lyristeon: As much as I completely cringed at the echoes you sent regarding the Imp-birthing hallucination (I’m still unsure, is that what happened?), I thought you were incredibly fun and sneaky! And I really loved story time with the Imp!!
Beroxxus: Oh, Beroxxus.. what to say I really had fun with our interactions. Seriously, as much as the whole baby-stealing thing (yeah, I still don’t know who did it!!) screwed with my rp and character, I thought you were really fun and respect your general interaction level with “mortals.” Probably the most interesting rp I had with Sastine.

Heralds:
Ghroth: I don’t ever get married IC, I’m busy trying to get married OOC. With everyone in Thera pushing us together, and our chars being so complimentary, it seemed like the only choice. Beyond all that (hehe) I knew from the first time I talked to you that you would make an exemplary Herald. Your rp was awesome, your char was realistic and I enjoyed every second of our time together in game. I’m sorry I had to delete, you can im me if you are wondering why.
Verv: I enjoyed your character immensely and I’m glad you get to take over being High Herald now! Good luck and don’t give in to that Imperial scum!
Miaree: We had a conflict at some point, but I’ve always liked your character and unique rp. I especially had fun at the end with you. Thanks for the adventures.
Qirinor: Well, you know, your inconsistency drove me nuts. But overall I loved ya, even if you were a city svirf

Yep, I loved the rest of you too, thanks for all your support Abbe!

Others:
Njaal: You were a truly worthy opponent. Good rp, good fighting. The only thing I thought was ridiculous was your inability to fight one-on-one, as soon as we’d begin, in would pop another Imperial (or ten), but such is the Empire.
Grurk: You never received any lessons from me (specifically I refer to your speech).
Daemar: The Spire could use a leader who understands justice, order and mercy. You seem to. Good luck!
Nimuweh: From our brief interactions, I really respected your character. Very well done.

Right, let’s see: I had two children, one was stolen, one stillborn, hallucinated giving birth to an Imp, heard children laughing, chanting and crying constantly, watched ale turn to blood at the Inn, had my wedding clothes and ring cursed, was delivered any number of body parts and fine garments on top of intimations of being “turned,” which I hear is par for the course with High Heralds.

This is getting long, if I left anyone out, comment and I’ll reply.

Peace.

souciviSun 21-Mar-04 12:08 PM
Member since 03rd Feb 2004
16 posts
Click to send email to this author Click to send private message to this author Click to add this author to your buddy list
#25616, "RE: (DELETED) [HERALD] Sastine Abhoth the Sparkling Dia..."
In response to Reply #1

Hey there Wicked. Well, I am glad you had fun and some excitement. I liked watching what would happen next to you...hours of entertainment at a reasonable cost. Among those characters of yours I enjoyed Sastine the most. You made a nice perky Herald most times, but you sure got stuffy and boring quick. I had fun.

Soucivi
soucivi@carrionfields.com

Soucivi Daneloth

Withsworry (Guest)Sun 21-Mar-04 12:37 PM

#25617, "Wow."
In response to Reply #1

I loved being a Herald under Sastine. I have played several Herald-bound characters, interacted with many High Heralds, and Sastine has to have been one of my favorites. I enjoyed my interactions with her, loved how relaxed she was about such issues as revenge and Heralds killing people, etcetera. That's one aspect I've always found interesting about Herald, is that its not a fighting cabal. I've always thought that the handling of some "revenge" situations, where Heralds went after the killers of other Heralds, etcetera, was a little strict in the past. But you seemed to encourage it, a family should protect one another, and I liked that. I love how she adapted Herald to fit the situations, such as after Bobbobimb left, she stressed the "until death" part of the Induction oath thingy. Sastine seemed like a natural leader, she was comfortable making decisions for people and was very charismatic.

And Withsworry just sort of fizzled out... my life kind of took a turn for the worse and the happy, eternally confident Withsworry just wasn't playable at the time... RP-wise, it wasn't suicide. Withsworry couldn't stand being afraid of anything, but as a cat, he was afraid of water. So he went out to conquer that fear. Thank you for letting me use your forum space to say goodbye to Withsworry, hehe.

I must say Withsworry was one of my most satisfying characters, and its largely thanks to Sastine. Hope to see you back in the fields soon, mom!

Sastine (Guest)Mon 22-Mar-04 10:06 AM

#25652, "RE: Wow."
In response to Reply #3

Hey thanks!! I believed in Withsworry from the beginning, and I completely understand not being able to rp a certain char anymore

Grurk MuoukSun 21-Mar-04 12:58 PM
Member since 15th Mar 2004
538 posts
Click to send email to this author Click to add this author to your buddy list
#25618, "For my part."
In response to Reply #1

I'm not sure who started the, "Sastine taught Grurk to
speak, then he killed her alot" stuff. It was Soucivi
who taught me.*

As for Sastine. Grurk viewed her as an defacto enemy.
Velkurah asked Grurk to deal with Lyristeon's chaos
within the mortal realms. When you came out with those
yay! Lyristeon notes, Grurk saw you as a propagandist
in the war. I'm sure if we ever had a chance to take out
Joseph Goebbels during WWII, we would have tried. No
different here.

Through it all, I thought Sastine was well played. You
constantly roleplayed well, and it showed in your success.
It's not every character that gets, titled, tatt'd and
leader of thier cabal.

Overall, Well Done.

Grurk

* role read 6
Subject: Education
Added Thu Jan 15 03:00:13 2004 at level 51:
She educated Grurk on the finer points of the human
speak,teaching him such daunting words as "HE" and "I"
and "WE" and "SHE" and "THEY".It took shape over
several weeks (about two weeks real time) but through
reading manuscripts provided by the Inn, and through
personalized instruction, Grurk has finally emerged
largely educated in the human language.

Sastine (Guest)Sun 21-Mar-04 02:49 PM

#25623, "RE: For my part."
In response to Reply #4

Hmm, yeah I don't know how that got misconstrued. I do remember Soucivi asking me to do it, speaking with Grurk, who was too busy with Tribunally stuff, and then never hearing about it again.

The Lyristeon stuff is inaccurate though. Everything I published about Lyristeon he either commisioned or was historical.

Good luck up in Asgaard

souciviSun 21-Mar-04 05:35 PM
Member since 03rd Feb 2004
16 posts
Click to send email to this author Click to send private message to this author Click to add this author to your buddy list
#25628, "I knew I screwed up"
In response to Reply #4

I should have never helped you, now look how you've fallen.

Soucivi Daneloth

Miaree (Guest)Sun 21-Mar-04 01:16 PM

#25619, "RE: (DELETED) [HERALD] Sastine Abhoth the Sparkling Dia..."
In response to Reply #1

Aww, a shame you didn't feel like going on anymore.

Even though at first you rubbed me the wrong way, eventually I
started liking you and we had some fun adventures and gossiping
about, uh, certain people (who still rub me the wrong way )

All in all, well played and good luck in the future.

Agarah (Guest)Sun 21-Mar-04 01:41 PM

#25620, "RE: (DELETED) [HERALD] Sastine Abhoth the Sparkling Dia..."
In response to Reply #1

First off let me say, I did not agree with Grurk's actions at all, and the Imms pissed me off on that one. They pulled my hands behind my back and beat me down, basically if Grurk thought you any enemy you were, which is just stupid to me. I attempt to have him stop killing you until I can see cold fact that you were any enemy (and to my knowledge you were not) but the imms said Grurk gets the benifet of the doubt, Even after they said I could order him to refraim from killing someone. Two seconds after I did they came back with that ####, Grurk is right until proven wrong. Which is so wrong for the Tribunals. And I thought Grurk was wrong in his reason, your notes were just historical fact, and had no opinion in it. so I didn't see anything wrong with them. History teachs us Agarah believed, but we had to learn from it. And the idea of going into the Inn and killing under the Tribunal name, pissed me off more.

Hmm this turned into a flame on Grurk. oh well It needed to be said.

But Back to you. Shame I couldn't fix it. and best of luck.

- Agarah

Sastine (Guest)Sun 21-Mar-04 03:13 PM

#25625, "RE: (DELETED) [HERALD] Sastine Abhoth the Sparkling Dia..."
In response to Reply #6

Yeah, I could tell Agarah was frustrated, but your rp never suffered. That whole situation was retarded. How are two Vindicators really going to act so rashly and chaotically? I really never got it. Oh well.
Thanks.

Agarah (Guest)Sun 21-Mar-04 06:00 PM

#25629, "Question."
In response to Reply #8

Were you the bard talking #### in town, then I slept/spelled you up outside, minus curse, so that you could get back and I could show you how easy I could kill you if I wanted?

- Agarah

Sastine (Guest)Sun 21-Mar-04 06:23 PM

#25631, "RE: Question."
In response to Reply #10

Oh yes. One of my finer moments
I actually saw a lot of cunning and wisdom in Agarah's actions beginning with that incident. Your lesson worked too, I decided never to mess with you again. Sastine liked to pretend that she was Tribunal-friendly (minus Grurk and Odrirg) and lawful, but she was incredibly reckless about it in reality (I think she was a criminal four or five times?).

Odrirg (Guest)Sun 21-Mar-04 08:01 PM

#25634, "*sigh*"
In response to Reply #8

I'm sorry that it seemed that you, the player, couldn't see it from Odrirg's side.

I'd tried to explain it to you in-char a number of times, but with Sastine's personality, and Odrirg's personality, the point never seemed to get across (or be believed if it did get across).

I enjoyed having you as an enemy. Any char that can whup me in less than half a second if I am not wary is fun to have as an enemy, and it was plain that you weren't just any old "no-role" bard, as your accomplishments attested.

Instead of trying again to once more explain the situation to you the player, I will leave you with a simple thought.

The first line from "help shaman" reads....

Shamans are priests whose role within their religion is to seek and
destroy the enemies of the faith.

Luck with your next char.

Sastine (Guest)Mon 22-Mar-04 07:28 AM

#25645, "RE: *sigh*"
In response to Reply #12

I'd say it's a safe bet that the point got across, just not to Sastine. Sastine just wasn't really willing to accept enemies very well, so it kinda hurt her feelings *snicker*
Thanks.

DrokkMon 22-Mar-04 07:57 AM
Member since 10th Mar 2004
51 posts
Click to view this author's profile Click to add this author to your buddy list
#25647, "You were fun"
In response to Reply #1

I really enjoyed your character. It was fun
gaining levels with you when you were around level 45.
I tried to get you on a few adventures afterwards, but
you were always busy. If I had played a character more
suited to your style, I would have definetely pushed some
more, but the deal with babies and what not, was not something
Drokk could handle.

Good luck with your next as they say.

Sastine (Guest)Mon 22-Mar-04 09:59 AM

#25651, "RE: You were fun"
In response to Reply #14

Sastine liked Drokk and she (and I) were constantly frustrated by her inability to adventure with him later in life. However, whenever you would ask, she would be ridiculously tied up in somethig stupid (or stupider than good adventure).
Anyway, thanks!

Graeterok (Guest)Mon 22-Mar-04 08:10 AM

#25648, "RE: (DELETED) [HERALD] Sastine Abhoth the Sparkling Dia..."
In response to Reply #1

Graeterok was my first Herald. Thanks for making the experience fun.

Personally, I loved your character. You shine. I was really sad to see your name among the battlefield corpses this morning... ah well. Good luck with your next.

Sastine (Guest)Mon 22-Mar-04 09:54 AM

#25650, "RE: (DELETED) [HERALD] Sastine Abhoth the Sparkling Dia..."
In response to Reply #15

I loved Mount Graeterok, you know that.
Thanks! Take care.

Ghroth (Guest)Mon 22-Mar-04 01:55 PM

#25657, "RE: (DELETED) [HERALD] Sastine Abhoth the Sparkling Dia..."
In response to Reply #1

No idea if the first one took so here it i again.

Complete loss for words. Good luck in getting wed.
You can reach me on msn - gaeladril@hotmail.com
Or at the same email if you wish.

I'll you you.

~Moiz~

Ghroth (Guest)Mon 22-Mar-04 02:07 PM

#25658, "RE: (DELETED) [HERALD] Sastine Abhoth the Sparkling Dia..."
In response to Reply #19

You know me... dyslexic and what not.

I meant to say that I would miss you.

~Moiz~

Sastine (Guest)Mon 22-Mar-04 02:55 PM

#25660, "RE: (DELETED) [HERALD] Sastine Abhoth the Sparkling Dia..."
In response to Reply #20

Yeah. I'm really sorry, bleh. There's really little else to say here.
I'll catch you on msn.

Nimuweh (Guest)Tue 23-Mar-04 12:31 AM

#25667, "RE: (DELETED) [HERALD] Sastine Abhoth the Sparkling Dia..."
In response to Reply #1

Sastine was... eccentric, but good. I enjoyed our brief interactions as well. Would you care to post an e-mail address so I could discuss a few things with you? Might be fun

Nimuweh

Sastine (Guest)Tue 23-Mar-04 08:02 AM

#25674, "RE: (DELETED) [HERALD] Sastine Abhoth the Sparkling Dia..."
In response to Reply #22

Wellll
Now I'm way too intrigued so, try this one (and post if it doesn't work =P), mina@castleofchris.com

Njaal (Guest)Thu 25-Mar-04 05:08 AM

#25715, "RE: (DELETED) [HERALD] Sastine Abhoth the Sparkling Dia..."
In response to Reply #1

Njaal: You were a truly worthy opponent. Good rp, good fighting. The only thing I thought was ridiculous was your inability to fight one-on-one, as soon as we’d begin, in would pop another Imperial (or ten), but such is the Empire.

I think the heralds will suffer with Sastine gone. You always came off as a smart one, though a bit unexperienced to actual fighting.
Regardless of what many think i fight much alone, but there were so many that wanted a piece of the herald cake. Lamb and wolf, etc.

It was all good. Good luck with everything, and do not move to wisconsin.

Verv (Guest)Fri 26-Mar-04 04:49 AM

#25743, "RE: (DELETED) [HERALD] Sastine Abhoth the Sparkling Dia..."
In response to Reply #1

Well, you should know I loved you to death. I'm sorry it all got so sucky for you there at the end. I interacted with Sastine through different incarnations and I love how she managed to stay annoyingly cute as hell even as the character matured and all that crap occured.

Sastine (Guest)Sun 28-Mar-04 07:08 PM

#25809, "RE: (DELETED) [HERALD] Sastine Abhoth the Sparkling Dia..."
In response to Reply #25

Heh, thanks Verv!! I guess I wasn't so annoyingly cute at the end though eh? I loved both of yours. Take care and good luck!!

BeroxxusSun 28-Mar-04 07:07 PM
Member since 25th Apr 2003
178 posts
Click to send email to this author Click to send private message to this author Click to view this author's profile Click to add this author to your buddy list
#25808, "RE: (DELETED) [HERALD] Sastine Abhoth the Sparkling Dia..."
In response to Reply #1

I'm glad you enjoyed things, Sastine was a good character for the most part, however you need to back off of "making" things happen. It is better to roll with what is dealt to you then to create a total story line or plot without basically someone to run that plot. Email roleplaying, etc, your roleplay would easily have fit in that. I think you are a good roleplayer, just make sure to not try to over do it =). Any way, I wish you well and good luck on your next.

Beroxxus

Sastine (Guest)Mon 29-Mar-04 12:58 PM

#25836, "RE: (DELETED) [HERALD] Sastine Abhoth the Sparkling Dia..."
In response to Reply #26

I really have to say I have no clue, after thinking about it overnight, what you're talking about when you say "email roleplaying." I would like to respond but I just have no guess. As for overdoing it. Yeah I can see that. I'm not a happy, bubbley emoting person irl, so I tried to overdo it. A lot was thrown at me and I didn't really know what to do. It's hard to roll with so much at one time and still be the one playing your character. Eventually I deleted because I was tired of it.

PA...RICK (Guest)Tue 30-Mar-04 12:00 PM

#25863, "MY FRIEND"
In response to Reply #29

hey no matter how you wanted or tried to start your char, and progress her.. you were a really great person to hang around, you knwo there were times when i was depressed OOC and came into cf and just moped around saying i had bad dreams and all, and you were there.. like always to cheer me up.. Thank you my friend

Pa...rick (Guest)Mon 29-Mar-04 11:31 AM

#25831, "ya thanks for sayin me"
In response to Reply #1

Hey there Sastine, ya you RPd really well i thought, i really really enjoyed spending that time with you, when i was Parick, Dervel, or even Damstes.. heh it was all fun... i was kinda sad when my char con lossed, cause i couldnt keep tackling you the same way as i always use to. well ya i could but im sure sastine woulda thought it weird to be tackled by some random stranger on the street.. (though it seemed like thats what was happening anyways, with the imps and all.) heh one of my foundest memorys is when i of course.. bein Parick and all decided to flirt with you alittle hopefully try to get your attention(if ya know what i mean)well the found memory was when i spent one of Paricks lives trying to protect you and soucivi from Njaal, even though that only it only got me a loss of life, and all my items gone, just the satisfaction of trying to protect a good friend was all i needed. or how about all thouse times just chillin in the inn, or when i had to tackle you to prevent you from getting eaten by that face in the fire.. . So you say your trying to get married in real life huh.. well good luck with that, I hope someone either finds there way into your life, or already is there and accepts the marrage terms with you. hey if you ever want to IM me or something... my sn is Zepplinboarder23@aol.com it be really cool to continue interacting with you in real life, cause even in dream world you were a cool person. well you thought your thing was long.. na this be the long one, so ill stop destroying your eyes.

Patrick Deady

Dont take life to searously, you aint gonna make it out alive anyways

Top General Discussions The Battlefield Topic #25612 Previous topic | Next topic