Subject: "(DELETED) [OUTLANDER] Crerigord the Grand Master of Cha..." Previous topic | Next topic
Printer-friendly copy Email this topic to a friend CF Website
Top General Discussions The Battlefield Topic #25346
Show all folders

Death_AngelWed 10-Mar-04 04:28 AM
Member since 17th Jun 2024
16940 posts
Click to send email to this author Click to send private message to this author Click to view this author's profile Click to add this author to your buddy list
#25346, "(DELETED) [OUTLANDER] Crerigord the Grand Master of Changelings, Chosen Nihilist"

Wed Mar 10 03:24:16 2004

At 9 o'clock AM, Day of the Sun, 6th of the Month of the Sun
on the Theran calendar Crerigord perished, never to return.

Race:human
Class:shapeshifter
Level:51
Alignment:Good
Ethos:Neutral
Cabal:OUTLANDER, the Outlanders of Thar-Eris
Hours:290

Alert | IP Printer Friendly copy | Reply | Reply with quote | Top

Reply Gone for a while, Crerigord (Guest), 10-Mar-04 06:15 AM, #1
     Reply RE: Gone for a while, ORBY (Guest), 10-Mar-04 08:35 AM, #2
     Reply to clarify, crerigord (Guest), 10-Mar-04 01:38 PM, #5
     Reply RE: Gone for a while, Nhiala (Guest), 10-Mar-04 09:55 AM, #3
     Reply Porcy is a felar's bane., Dryzzel, 10-Mar-04 01:31 PM, #4
     Reply RE: Porcy is a felar's bane., Crerigord (Guest), 10-Mar-04 01:40 PM, #6
     Reply Heh.., (NOT Grurk), 10-Mar-04 03:43 PM, #7
     Reply Why on earth did you get along with Lerrik?, Bajula, 10-Mar-04 04:34 PM, #8
     Reply RE: Why on earth did you get along with Lerrik?, Crerigord (Guest), 10-Mar-04 04:42 PM, #9
     Reply Aww, why the thanks? I want to know!, Leesah (Guest), 10-Mar-04 07:08 PM, #10
     Reply RE: Gone for a while, Lyristeon, 10-Mar-04 10:17 PM, #11

Crerigord (Guest)Wed 10-Mar-04 06:15 AM

#25349, "Gone for a while"
In response to Reply #0

Well, this was a nice experiment. When I made this char I first thought it out to become a warder, but then quickly changed my mind and I started talking to voronil. Someone that influenced the way I played my char greatly. Now I had wanted to become some sort of defender, so I chose two defencive forms. Now this also was intended for a later thing I wanted to accomplish. To learn of a greater defencive form. I walked almost all the time on my own, and fought nearly always against a greater force. This had some effects, as gathering items was a true pain, but I was actually impressed about what I could manage to obtain on my own, with just trying things out. This was later somewhat made harder that I infact became an outlander and could no longer purchase things from some traders. And some things are VERY hard to barter for.

Now the reasons I deleted are well, I was extreemly in char and real life dissapointed that I only got to speak to the imm of my faith and one that actually gave me a task to complete only in my life spoke to me once. Even though I prayed so much two other imms atleast took note of it. I know people are occupied, but it was a great dissapointment to me.

The second reason is that I was getting really tiered of always fighting alone. I saw a small chance when the outlanders came, they fit very good into the way I had chosen to live, but as I know it takes a long time to get a playerbase into a cabal that fits the rp of the cabal. For me it just took to long... I know it would have changed in retrospect soon, but I was allready very dissapointed by some things. More than which Ill post.

The last reason that made it run over for me was that as I was an oppertunitist and exploited what I could of the laws for instance it was somewhat impossible to accomplish certain things. This also even made me break my role/rp at one point, and so my cup was full. Knocked myself on my head for doing that, but I was really angry. 3 real hours of retriving and the two hours before that getting things to manage the feat was just the icing on the cake..

Now the positive parts... there where several.!!!
Lyristeon, the title you gave me brought me much headache and alot of fun.. THanks!! as you said at one point, my life was a better one after we spoke. Now there is alot of people whom dont understand what it meant to be a nihilist, and I had some foes I did not expect of it, but hey... I even enjoyed that.. Keep up the great work, I especially enjoyed that you did some things for me, or well just the company was well worth it when I had just fought 5 tribunals and the emperor and gotten oway even though I was knocked out. *cheers*

Amaranthe what can I say, I had hoped to learn more of what we discussed one of the first times we spoke. That I was an oppertunitist I hoped would be shown in just that I spoke to you so frankly... didnt quite turn out that way. But I hope I showed you my intention. I really enjoyed the time you gave me. Was a little worried when you said I had not spent enough time in the wilds. As the only time I had spent in a city or civilized area was when I was gathering items, which took considerable time as I did this alone.

To the imms that have coded and created the outlanders, I just have to say wow. Whatever anyone says the powers there are incredible, very thought through. And very balanced. As well as the concept, it only needs players to follow through... I tryed for a time, but I had still much to learn.

Mortals
Voronil my first guide.

Malkhar a friend even though you not of my path. We just had so many similar views.. And we where both very independant.

Andrlos I think you will do a great job. Luck with it.. Love your whiskers.

Njaal your rot was quite annoying, was hoping I could get you to stop using it. You where at times the clinch between me retriving and not. Well an invoker and shaman will make goo out of a shifter at any time, even though I would have been protected.
Yanacek now I knew I could never kill you, but make you think twice I hope I did. You are really cunning... And with the powers you have as emperor its very hard to get a hold of you. Especially with the knowlage you obviously have of areas in the world..

Grurk the last fight we had was great, I attempted at striking you at every oppertunity I had, and when we last fought and there where 5 tribunals and one of me, I thought at first, let it go out in a blaze of fire. But somehow I survived. Think I managed to run in so many circles that I got some of you confused atleast. I hope I was an annoyance. Luck with the imm thing. Think you suit for it.

Nhiala what happened to you?... My abselute favorite travelling companion.
Thalric thanks for helping me out them few times.
Cardinal (dont remember your name) thanks for the talk, it was one that was overdue for crerigord.

Leesha(elf invoker enemy of hamash) mmm thanks.. Not going to say for what. but thanks..

Tribunals, mmm to many of you fellas, and I think I have fought everyone of you at one point or another. To the goodly ones it was hard for me to fight you, but you stood for something crerigord despised. And with you supporting the empire I was even more angered. I hope this changes soon.

Scion I did not fight much, nor did I the villagers, though I did drop by one time or another before I was an outlander to drop of the codex, which was quite hazardous... reverting for a shifter is like being naked and skill less, not much you will parry even if you use a staff, and the lagging skills warriors possess its not much I can do.

Im shure Ive forgotten a ton of people right now, in that case Im sorry.

Now my view of shifters is well saddened after this shifter.(played 4 hero shifters before)
The only combination of a successs full pk shifter is an air offence shifter. With the defencive forms having a so great lag at attacking its almost impossible to hit a foe that attempts to run past you. Found it strange that a mongoose of all shifter forms attacked so slowly mindboggeling. The porcupine aye.. but mongoose?... And with the porcupine being so easy to avoid, Id rather see it changed so that even with a staff spear pole would sometimes hit with it quills. Seldom aye.. but sometimes, and bashing a porcupine should be painfull even though you wield a spear pole or anything. But hey, throwing myself at someones spikes dont hurt me... As well as kicking one.. *mind boggeling*

Playing a shifter you dont have to think to much about clothing, but with the ammount of maledicting spells out there it would almost be better if you had your own saves in most of the forms I have ever had. With the exception of one set of saves. Now on the clothing part you can focus soly upon hp gear, and this is just as important as getting a fair set as a warrior to be succsessfull. And with the lag introduced on shifters shifting from form to form if maledicted with certain skills spells as well as dammage taken, Ive found that shifters are the least attractive class to play pk wise, but alot of fun rp wise when with someone. When alone none are able to speak to you, and you cant speak to anyone. Quite a powerfull thing speach.. especially if slept or knocked out.

Well kudos to the imms for a great game, even though I complain about some things here, I appriciate the efforts you make. But Ill always have my own point of view..

LH

ORBY (Guest)Wed 10-Mar-04 08:35 AM

#25350, "RE: Gone for a while"
In response to Reply #1

I find it very amusing that your complaining defense/defense shifter is bad at pk, what did you expect? AS for complaining about lack of interaction, you got titled and got to be a founding father of a new cabal, what more could you ask for? I do agree that shifters have gotten too much of the nerf stick over the last couple of years. Good luck with your next one.

crerigord (Guest)Wed 10-Mar-04 01:38 PM

#25356, "to clarify"
In response to Reply #2

Im not complianing about my ratio. I did not expect to have any special ratio or kill any certain ammount. And I did not complain about my imm interaction time, I was really luckey.. But there are certain concepts of the char that Ill not divulge that where not so good from one imms side, a follow up side. Which was a significant part of my role. And took a great part of my life.

Hope it clears things up.
LH

Nhiala (Guest)Wed 10-Mar-04 09:55 AM

#25353, "RE: Gone for a while"
In response to Reply #1

>Nhiala what happened to you?... My abselute favorite
>travelling companion.

You're too kind. I'm still around, just haven't been able to play as much lately. Sorry for dropping off the map. Exploring what's-it-called was interesting, though those duergar got old after a while. It's too bad we never got to see the "good stuff" together, but hopefully you made it eventually.

DryzzelWed 10-Mar-04 01:31 PM
Member since 04th Nov 2003
68 posts
Click to send email to this author Click to send private message to this author Click to view this author's profile Click to add this author to your buddy list
#25355, "Porcy is a felar's bane."
In response to Reply #1

I really did hate fighting you, though I think you knew I would if there was reason. IE you raiding the Palace. We fought quite a few times and on different occassions. Mongoose, porcupine is a scary combo honestly, especially for a felar warrior. I can't stop from taking serious damage against a porcupine. Anyway, sorry it didn't go so well, though perhaps more time would have helped.

later,
Dryzzel

Crerigord (Guest)Wed 10-Mar-04 01:40 PM

#25357, "RE: Porcy is a felar's bane."
In response to Reply #4

Yhea... But you still managed to drive me oway at more than one occasion.... well done!...

Not going to state the tactics used, but you and a certain someone gave me a fright more than once...

Grurk (inactive user)Wed 10-Mar-04 03:43 PM
Charter member
In response to Reply #1

Liked our fights. Nothing like being forced to use a Staff, when
your skill is 71%.

That last fight we had was memorable indeed.

Glad you had some fun with this guy, good luck with your next.

Grurk

BajulaWed 10-Mar-04 04:34 PM
Member since 04th Mar 2003
929 posts
#25359, "Why on earth did you get along with Lerrik?"
In response to Reply #1

Just curious, I always did like you, but Lerrik, though neutral
leaned towards obeying the law by a pretty fair amount.
(too many early friends of goodie tribby's influence)

When I first ran into you after your title, I was bracing myself for a Voronil or Malkhar interaction, but it didn't happen. Glad of it too I had enough enemies as it was.

Best of luck with whatever you do next.

Crerigord (Guest)Wed 10-Mar-04 04:42 PM

#25360, "RE: Why on earth did you get along with Lerrik?"
In response to Reply #8

in char I had not seen you with any tribs. I knew that malkhar and voronil did not like you, but remember Crerigord was of the light, he did not do what they did. And made his own friends and enemies. And being an oppertunitist I used perhaps to much some of the relations I made.

Leesah (Guest)Wed 10-Mar-04 07:08 PM

#25361, "Aww, why the thanks? I want to know!"
In response to Reply #1

Seriously, I know you say you are not going to say, but I'd like to know.
It is always nice to get a mention/notice, especially when it was sort of unexpected.

LyristeonWed 10-Mar-04 10:17 PM
Member since 02nd Jan 2004
1282 posts
Click to send email to this author Click to send private message to this author Click to add this author to your buddy list
#25364, "RE: Gone for a while"
In response to Reply #1

I am glad that I was able to make your life a little more enjoyable. There were times I thought you were doing a trememdous job and then there were times I would wince at a mistake you would make. But, you seemed to learn from them so it didn't happen that often aside from the acting your alignment part. I think a good aligned having to deal with me is going to have the problems you had, but, that's part of the fun/headache of dealing with me. Come back soon and get into the rp a bit more. You will do even better and enjoy it even more.

Top General Discussions The Battlefield Topic #25346 Previous topic | Next topic