Subject: "(AGE DEATH) [None] Illademn the Grand Master of Changel..." Previous topic | Next topic
Printer-friendly copy Email this topic to a friend CF Website
Top General Discussions The Battlefield Topic #24465
Show all folders

Death_AngelSun 08-Feb-04 08:20 PM
Member since 25th Jun 2024
16959 posts
Click to send email to this author Click to send private message to this author Click to view this author's profile Click to add this author to your buddy list
#24465, "(AGE DEATH) [None] Illademn the Grand Master of Changelings"

Sun Feb 8 19:17:47 2004

At 4 o'clock PM, Day of the Moon, 28th of the Month of Winter
on the Theran calendar Illademn perished, never to return.

Race:human
Class:shapeshifter
Level:51
Alignment:Good
Ethos:Neutral
Cabal:None, None
Hours:501

Alert | IP Printer Friendly copy | Reply | Reply with quote | Top

Reply The Drifting of a Soul, Illademn (Guest), 09-Feb-04 02:02 PM, #3
Reply RE: Fuel for the Siege Engines, Sevarecan, 09-Feb-04 02:23 PM, #4
Reply Fear the ferret, Jirash (Guest), 09-Feb-04 04:47 PM, #5
Reply Was fun,, Obaznuk, 09-Feb-04 06:56 PM, #6
Reply RE: The Drifting of a Soul, Enbuergo1 (Guest), 09-Feb-04 09:08 PM, #7
Reply RE: The Drifting of a Soul, Illademn (Guest), 10-Feb-04 06:37 PM, #10
Reply Well..., Gyronalis (Guest), 09-Feb-04 10:01 PM, #8
Reply No one ever had a better timed death, mini log inside., Lerrik (Guest), 10-Feb-04 03:40 AM, #9
Reply Well, thats that., Lariya (Guest), 12-Feb-04 05:04 AM, #11
Reply RE: (AGE DEATH) [None] Illademn the Grand Master of Cha..., Felar Serpent (Guest), 09-Feb-04 02:01 AM, #2
Reply RE: (AGE DEATH) [None] Illademn the Grand Master of Cha..., Nadalia (Guest), 09-Feb-04 12:10 AM, #1

Illademn (Guest)Mon 09-Feb-04 02:02 PM

#24475, "The Drifting of a Soul"
In response to Reply #0

After my first age-death several years ago, I promised myself to keep a running journal of characters who made a lasting impression so I wouldn’t feel completely lost when I was writing my farewell note. One deletion and three more age-deaths later, guess what? It still hasn’t happened.

I rolled Illademn in early June to occupy myself over the summer. I had never heroed anything other than than neutral good human assassins, so I tried a radical change and went with a neutral good human shapeshifter. The class certainly has its positives and negatives. Gearing for a shapeshifter is ridiculously easy, because there’s only one thing you really have to worry about. On the other hand, not being able talk while in form caused some annoyance.

As for the forms I got, I have to say they were great. The ram’s a powerhouse, plain and simple, and while the handful of mobs that are invulnerable to blunt frustrated me, I didn’t think they really took much away from the form. The owl pretty bad at fighting, but detect hidden/acute vision is an incredible tool and failsafe. Having an airform in general also saved my life an immense amount.

Now, onto the dreaded farewells. I’ll attempt to be brief and coherent, and inevitably going to forget 95% of the people I interacted with, so just drop a reply and I’ll try to jog my memory.

-- FORTRESS --

Lariya: The oldest mortal friend still walking beside me. When we first met, I thought, “Heh, an elf two-hander. This’ll go far.” Little did I know what was in store. You really became the epitome of a Maran paladin, at least in my view. Good luck keeping those youngsters in line.

Jirash: Always a joy to be around. You were always a lot more gutsy than I was, but I still had a blast on our limited hunting excursions. Thanks for convincing me to go with an air minor, by the way. It was a lot of fun

Obaznuk: Another fine hunter. I’m afraid I don’t remember too many specifics, but just a great overall impression. Congratulations on your IMMhood Thanks for sticking it out with me in the end.

Tcatama: You were another great one to hunt with. I think the most memorable fight was when Lorran and I pounced down on Kelrizza while you fought her on the Eastern. Great job with the character.

Guddomelig: You were a great healer, aggressive and not afraid to stay in the fight. It was a lot of fun to travel beside you.

-- EMPIRE --

Sevarecan: You were the best enemy I’ve ever had. Opposing goals, but mutual respect. You had a different attitude about the Empire that I really liked. Congratulations, and thank you.

Yanacek: One of the scariest Imperials I ever encountered. Others could kill, but you’d kill slowly. A great Emperor, from what I’ve seen from the outside.

-- UNCABALLED --

Gradaelus: Easily the best hunting partner I’ve ever had. The combination of ram and neuro just tore most people up. Good luck harassing those Imperials.

Arthakar: You made a great opponent. Though we never got to fight much, that brawl on the Eastern Road was one of the wildest fights I’ve had. I was convinced some Villager would sneak up on us and finish us both off.

Nadalia: I really missed talking to you once you died. Being unable to talk in form made shapeshifting a bit boring, but you really helped relieve that boredom whenever I reverted.

Llauriele: I rolled my character around the same time you did, I think, and we hooked up well. You showed me quite a few things around the Vaults and always helped provide some excitement.

Gyronalis: I really didn’t get to talk to you much, but you turned out to be pretty knowledgeable. Thanks for showing me around the Pyramid.

IMMs: You make this an incredible game. I’ve never put as much time into a game as I have CF, and the experience keeps getting better. Thanks.

Well, that’s all for now. Like I’ve said, I’m sure I missed 95% of those who I should thank. Just give me a reply or an email or such and I’ll get back to you.

Illademn
Email: thewraith85@hotmail.com
AIM: TheSpectre1

SevarecanMon 09-Feb-04 02:23 PM
Member since 24th Sep 2003
76 posts
Click to send email to this author Click to send private message to this author Click to view this author's profile Click to add this author to your buddy list
#24476, "RE: Fuel for the Siege Engines"
In response to Reply #3

>Sevarecan: You were the best enemy I’ve ever had. Opposing
>goals, but mutual respect. You had a different attitude about
>the Empire that I really liked. Congratulations, and thank
>you.

The feeling is mutual. Our odd but, I felt, orderly relationship
was a good one. Illademn let me flex my 'Yay, Empire!' angles in
a way few others did and we did battle with words and wry grins.
Congratulations both on branching out into a new character and
seeing it through, and thank you.

Jirash (Guest)Mon 09-Feb-04 04:47 PM

#24478, "Fear the ferret"
In response to Reply #3

I must say, you were a constant throughout Jirash's life and we lived during roughly the same times, through thick and thin. I was always glad to see you around because I knew I could rely on you to scout, if not follow me in a kamikaze fashion to harass imperials by killing centurions.
You made me jump a few times as well when that owl came flying up to me

Good luck with your next and all that, I'll see you in the fields.

Jirash

ObaznukMon 09-Feb-04 06:56 PM
Member since 27th Oct 2003
158 posts
Click to send email to this author Click to send private message to this author Click to view this author's profile Click to add this author to your buddy list Click to send message via AOL IM
#24481, "Was fun,"
In response to Reply #3

I remember as a mort, seeing you in the realms was always a boon. Was a lot of fun running around with you and chatting with you. Well done.

Enbuergo1 (Guest)Mon 09-Feb-04 09:08 PM

#24494, "RE: The Drifting of a Soul"
In response to Reply #3

>Tcatama: You were another great one to hunt with. I think the most memorable fight was when Lorran and I pounced down on Kelrizza while you fought her on the Eastern. Great job with the character.

Agreed...I loved seeing you on the who list. I never understood your self-demeaning attitude, though. You kicked major ass...was it a rp thing?

Another thing I'll add is that I loved seeing your char from two completely different viewpoints...Tcatama's and Rjezrit's. You kept up a consistant rp for an extraordinarily long time (quite amazing, really).

Good job, and good luck.

Illademn (Guest)Tue 10-Feb-04 06:37 PM

#24531, "RE: The Drifting of a Soul"
In response to Reply #7

The whole self-demeaning thing was mostly RP. Illademn was born with crippled hands, and turned to magic to change his appearance. He therefore felt inferior to beings with natural grace.

In truth, however, it was easy be critical, because I don't hold myself in very high standing as a player. Skill-wise, I'm still quite the newbie. But it's all about having fun, isn't it?

Illademn

Gyronalis (Guest)Mon 09-Feb-04 10:01 PM

#24497, "Well..."
In response to Reply #3

I remember when we first met, I had died in Organia and some of my stuff went missing, I thought Talislanthis did it and even asked the imms... then bam.. you ask me if I lost something and gave it back. hehee.. I felt so bad about blaming Talis. HE turned out to be probally my best friend in the game, well him and Wothington. Both were always hanging out with me willing to explore some odd places. hehe. Anyhow, I deleted today as well, but I will leave that for when I get posted. I am interested to see my char sheet! Probally like 3 pks, 50 pk deaths, 100 mob deaths.... heehehe. Maybe our next chars will cross, maybe not. Later.

Lerrik (Guest)Tue 10-Feb-04 03:40 AM

#24508, "No one ever had a better timed death, mini log inside."
In response to Reply #3

Illademn says 'I fell from old age.'

You say 'Aye, har amazing that.'

You say 'Well you certainly led a full life.'

Illademn nods.

Illademn says 'I should hope so.'

Illademn's ghostly form fades away into nothingness.

Reboot: Rebooting NOW!

Ha! That was great, like going out with sytle.
I don't know how many of my characters have been
startled by you swooping in.
I'm sure half the light-walkers of Thera felt you
were some sort of guardian angel, popping to check
up on them.
After you get past the issues of losing a long term
character good luck with the next.
You will be missed my many I am sure.

Lariya (Guest)Thu 12-Feb-04 05:04 AM

#24564, "Well, thats that."
In response to Reply #3

You're the last character that was around back when I first started ranking up. We had some good times. I thought the same thing too about the elf two-hander part. I'll post more on that when I'm gone though.

You were fun to run with though, and I'll miss having you able to scout from the air. Those owl eyes were valuable. Though...I won't miss having to get you a gilamdring every time you logged in.

Felar Serpent (Guest)Mon 09-Feb-04 02:01 AM

#24469, "RE: (AGE DEATH) [None] Illademn the Grand Master of Cha..."
In response to Reply #0

Thanks for those one on one fights that you did with me every now and then. I consider shapeshifter vs shapeshifter battles to be a good deal of fun, and that one fight we had on the eastern road still counts as one of the most intense that I got myself into so far.

Congratulations on making it all the way to agedeath with Illademn.

Arthakar

Nadalia (Guest)Mon 09-Feb-04 12:10 AM

#24467, "RE: (AGE DEATH) [None] Illademn the Grand Master of Cha..."
In response to Reply #0

I really enjoyed Illademn. Every once in a while, I still saw him pop onto the who list after Nadalia was gone and it made me smile. Good luck with your next.

Top General Discussions The Battlefield Topic #24465 Previous topic | Next topic