Subject: "(DELETED) [None] Varik the Holy of Faith, Anathema to t..." Previous topic | Next topic
Printer-friendly copy Email this topic to a friend CF Website
Top General Discussions The Battlefield Topic #24337
Show all folders

Death_AngelFri 06-Feb-04 01:33 AM
Member since 01st Oct 2024
17200 posts
Click to send email to this author Click to send private message to this author Click to view this author's profile Click to add this author to your buddy list
#24337, "(DELETED) [None] Varik the Holy of Faith, Anathema to the Empire"

Tue Feb 3 14:19:41 2004

At 12 o'clock PM, Day of the Great Gods, 12th of the Month of the Old Forces
on the Theran calendar Varik perished, never to return.

Race:minotaur
Class:shaman
Level:51
Alignment:Evil
Ethos:Orderly
Cabal:None, None
Hours:222

Alert | IP Printer Friendly copy | Reply | Reply with quote | Top

Reply What a ride, Varik (Guest), 03-Feb-04 05:51 PM, #2
Reply RE: What a ride, flarkle (Guest), 03-Feb-04 06:41 PM, #3
Reply That day in the village that you guys were helping Bukb..., Gargargh (Guest), 03-Feb-04 08:25 PM, #4
Reply If you must know, Varik (Guest), 05-Feb-04 04:43 AM, #16
Reply RE: What a ride, jaynus, 03-Feb-04 08:34 PM, #5
Reply It wasn't a trick., Varik (Guest), 05-Feb-04 04:49 AM, #10
Reply RE: What a ride, Khasotholas, 04-Feb-04 12:13 AM, #6
Reply Some Imm-related credit., Varik (Guest), 05-Feb-04 04:51 AM, #11
Reply So long Varik, Vorondel (Guest), 04-Feb-04 12:44 PM, #7
Reply I forgot you, sue me., Varik (Guest), 05-Feb-04 04:53 AM, #12
Reply Boy, was I pissed at you for a while, until I figured o..., Kardok (Guest), 04-Feb-04 04:50 PM, #8
Reply RE: What a ride, Kazadan (Guest), 05-Feb-04 05:41 AM, #13
Reply Liked the char, Dryzzel, 05-Feb-04 09:16 AM, #14
     Reply in our defense, flarkle (Guest), 05-Feb-04 11:55 AM, #15
Reply Whoa., Lariya (Guest), 03-Feb-04 04:54 PM, #1
     Reply For both you and Kardok.., Varik (Guest), 05-Feb-04 04:47 AM, #9

Varik (Guest)Tue 03-Feb-04 05:51 PM

#24341, "What a ride"
In response to Reply #0

Easy in, easy out. Well where to start. I had a blast playing Varik, easily my favorite character from beginning to end. I had an Imperial before him and told myself that my first empowerment has to be Khasotholas, because he is simply a fantastic, supportive character to follow in religion and Cabal. Just as I had some of the best times with this character, so too did I have some of the worst. Having my motherboard fry the night before a scheduled Hell trip and some questy stuff was pretty much the character-killer this time around. Looking back, becoming an Anathema was for the best on both sides because I doubt I could devote as much attention and focus as I did since I first wrote my role. Another fun moment was one late night where, in my half-sleeping stupor I managed to get myself titled and tattooed under Zurcon, the demon god of chaos and destruction. Hmm. Khasotholas is about order and creation. Well, gee, that won't turn out well. If your name isn't mentioned, it means I forgot about you, didn't like you, or you weren't important enough to me, and vice versa. So respond if you like your odds.

Khasotholas: A class act all the way, I have much respect for you. As someone once told me "The brightest lights burn out the fastest." and once again it happened. Hopefully I acted somewhat along how you wanted, and didn't disappoint you too badly. By the by, how do I preach to people that haven't the slightest clue.. Man, it was both frustrating and funny because I knew I sounded ridiculous.

Scarabaeus: Granted I don't know what you had planned, if anything, but thanks for the push.

Zhenzar: Another tendency with my characters is an annoying habit of following in the footsteps of really exceptional people (unintentionally, I swear). Damn you for setting high standards. You were truly fearsome and accomplished a great deal for the Empire.

Aiekooso: I have no idea what you were thinking, trying to help me. If I were in your position, I'd just let me wither away and die, but instead there you were pushing and helping me. Thanks.

Yanacek: I really would like to find out where the decision came from. I thought we had chemistry, but looks like someone bigger and better got to you. By the by, good job surviving, I know it's definately not easy in your position/status/Cabal.

Kelrizza: Thanks for the hundreds of shields over the weeks.

Agarah: You know, we really should have talked more with our similarities. And if you're curious, you should have left the flag on me.

Opt-whatever (Svirf transmuter Tribunal): Indirectly you brought me back in touch with my arcane-hating days. One day we're summoning overpowered (eventually toned down) demons, the next you, in Varik's eyes, betray him while drunk on power.

Kardok: Aristaea is fun, isn't it? I knew when we travelled that our combination would pile the corpses.

Beltantis, Lariya: We didn't talk as much as I liked, what with you two aching for beef and me sounding like Rocky, but you were both formidable foes in your own right, and good Maran. The thing with priests is that both sides have their sickening strengths. It would be rot and dispel vs. the ever-annoying small halo and light of heaven.

Vorondel or Voronil, whichever one's the hepped up Nihilist now: I thought I was gutsy, then I met you.. You were definately a cool cat.

Flarkle: How could someone so small have such big.. swords. Every time I'd think to myself "What the hell is he doing?" but you certainly proved your point. Good job.

As always, thanks to all the Immortals for making a great game.

flarkle (Guest)Tue 03-Feb-04 06:41 PM

#24342, "RE: What a ride"
In response to Reply #2

it was a simple combination of legacy and spec and an easy to equip for damage race. I remember the best was i beat down grurk while manacled in osendrelle and managed to go 6 rounds with not getting hit except by pincers and beating him with 8 hp left, then you came in and fatigued me!!!!!!! I was like YAHOOOOOOOO i actually won and then boom varik was there. I could not beat you cause I could not lag you in any way shape or form. I remember in stunded i had like 3 pieces of armor and you engaged and i sat their bare handed trying to kick you to death and we just had a conveersation while i was being slowly killed. I hope my never runningawayness rubbed off a bit cause i mean fighting in this game is fun but its annoying when it never ends in a clean victory. even if I have to be the one to loose its just more fun that way. anyways I am rambling, excellent char and You had almost as many titles as me it must have been fun.

Gargargh (Guest)Tue 03-Feb-04 08:25 PM

#24343, "That day in the village that you guys were helping Bukb..."
In response to Reply #2

I'd like to know what you all were thinking, just turning on the orcs right in the middle of everything. I mean, one second you guys are helping BUk, the next I have 3 imperials trying to kill my half naked ass for god only knows what. It's not in my role to ask about that stuff IC, so now that you're dead I can ask here. Just what were you three trying to accomplish?

Varik (Guest)Fri 06-Feb-04 01:33 AM

#24388, "If you must know"
In response to Reply #4

After the Blade died you went ahead and stole from his corpse, thinking no one saw you. Well, I did, so your Chief suggested we kill you.

jaynusTue 03-Feb-04 08:32 PM
Member since 16th Apr 2003
139 posts
Click to send email to this author Click to send private message to this author Click to add this author to your buddy list
#24344, "RE: What a ride"
In response to Reply #2
Edited on Tue 03-Feb-04 08:34 PM

I liked your RP, I thought it was in tune well with Imperial policies. Well I guess you didn't like me. Ah well, you helped start the war between Battle and Empire, feel accomplished

Have fun on the next, try a rager?

- Kackriky Scruffy

ps = Reading Gargag's post reminds me of something. The day when you, Kardok and *someone* were raiding the Village and you turned on Kardok, wtf happened? At first, I thought it was a trick. Then I scanned and noticed you fighting him, then both you and him leaving the Village. Confused the hell out of me.

Varik (Guest)Thu 05-Feb-04 04:49 AM

#24390, "It wasn't a trick."
In response to Reply #5

I was quite tired, and for some reason thought Kardok, the groupmate I've walked with for the last hour, was a villager. So I attacked him by accident, then saved face by telling him he disappointed the Divine Sect. Perks of being a High Priest. You get away with murder. Literally.

KhasotholasWed 04-Feb-04 12:13 AM
Member since 23rd Apr 2003
341 posts
Click to add this author to your buddy list
#24355, "RE: What a ride"
In response to Reply #2

- As someone once told me "The brightest lights burn out the fastest."

Never listen to anyone who paraphrases Blade Runner. Unless it happened to be me.

I thought you did a great job, and actually, thought the minotaur accent made things more interesting when preaching. The level of frustration all around just made for more anger and animosity on both sides. I was hoping you could recover from the Zurcon tattoo debacle, but I guess real life messed that up.

Excellent job all around, however. Was impressed throughout.

Khas

Varik (Guest)Thu 05-Feb-04 04:51 AM

#24391, "Some Imm-related credit."
In response to Reply #6

Your post reminded me just how much unseen work and effort go on in the Empire between you, Zulghinlour, Sevarecan, and god knows who else. So thanks again, to you and the other Immortals, for the great Cabal.

Vorondel (Guest)Wed 04-Feb-04 12:44 PM

#24367, "So long Varik"
In response to Reply #2

Me nihilist? Nah, that would be Voronil Anyway, I thought you were one badass and gutsy shaman, and I had much respect for you. Definately a great loss for the Empire since you were made anathema.

I'll miss those "Die, Hooroonndel, yoou thoorceroouth doog!", for sure.

See ya in the fields,

Vorondel

Varik (Guest)Thu 05-Feb-04 04:53 AM

#24392, "I forgot you, sue me."
In response to Reply #7

I have no idea how I could forget you. For a brief period, you made me soil myself everytime I saw you in the area. You motivated me to gear for paralysis, which really didn't make much difference. You managed to separate yourself from the slew of the other, nameless mass of "Light-inclined" transmuters, and proved very competent and gutsy. Good job.

Kardok (Guest)Wed 04-Feb-04 04:50 PM

#24372, "Boy, was I pissed at you for a while, until I figured o..."
In response to Reply #2

I was also very surprised to see that you lost the position of High Priest so quickly after getting it. We were indeed a very good combo though, and you were well-played, though I still hate roleplaying with a damn minotaur who I have to make repeat himself four times every time I want to hear something. Well done though, but it is very respectable for a leader to bow out when he realizes he won't be able to put in the commitment necessary. IMO, there is nothing worse than a leader who takes the job, and then proceeds to never show up. Don't take the damn job if you aren't willing to put the time in for it, and if you do take the job, but cannot continue to put forth the time, drop it, let someone else do it. I was impressed with you for that.

Kazadan (Guest)Thu 05-Feb-04 05:41 AM

#24393, "RE: What a ride"
In response to Reply #2

Didn't communicate much with you, just traveled with you for a
brief time before everybody figured out I was a Scion. From an
outside-of-empire-but-not-exactly-at-war-at-them kind of role
I thought you were somewhat feared. Others seemed to respect you.

- Kazadan

DryzzelThu 05-Feb-04 09:16 AM
Member since 04th Nov 2003
68 posts
Click to send email to this author Click to send private message to this author Click to view this author's profile Click to add this author to your buddy list
#24396, "Liked the char"
In response to Reply #2

**If your name isn't mentioned, it means I forgot about you, didn't like you, or you weren't important enough to me, and vice versa. So respond if you like your odds.

Nice statement. Anyway, I liked Varik and we had some interesting times together. Dryzzel was upset with all that happened to Varik. I find it funny that you fell prey to chaos, and I find it equally funny that two warders started listening to an imp .. a creature called from another plane (which, if some don't know, is why they didn't like Conjurer's). Whats even better is that the former leader of the Grove still pals around with them. Maybe this is the wrong place, but many a lot of people totally turned on their beliefs as a char to follow this imp.

Good luck with whatever is next.
Dryzzel

flarkle (Guest)Thu 05-Feb-04 11:55 AM

#24403, "in our defense"
In response to Reply #14

he was not from hell if you read his story he was made by the lord of chaos in the creation of thera. He supported our take on the sylvan philosophy ohh and he was a sylvan imm. so i hope that a sylvan can follow a sylvan imm.

Lariya (Guest)Tue 03-Feb-04 04:54 PM

#24340, "Whoa."
In response to Reply #0

I totally didn't expect this, especially the anathema. You were probably one of the best shaman I ever fought, and easily the most gutsy. You'd always stay in a battle up until the very end, and seemed like you played a damn good imperial. I never quite knew what to expect when we fought, and that made things really good and interesting, and what made me watch myself a lot more closely when we fought. I'm curious to know how you lost High Priest, and got Anathema though, seemed like you were on a roll.

Varik (Guest)Thu 05-Feb-04 04:47 AM

#24389, "For both you and Kardok.."
In response to Reply #1

I didn't opt to give up High Priest. When you're titled and tatt'd by a demon-god of chaos, High Priesthood isn't very flattering for the Empire. So after a week of biting my nails I got in touch with Khaso, who stripped me of High Priesthood, when I oh-so deserved to be Anathema. And that's why I like him. He tolerates my mistakes.

Top General Discussions The Battlefield Topic #24337 Previous topic | Next topic