Subject: "(DELETED) [None] Jalvin the Student of Owaza" Previous topic | Next topic
Printer-friendly copy Email this topic to a friend CF Website
Top General Discussions The Battlefield Topic #24286
Show all folders

Death_AngelSun 01-Feb-04 04:20 PM
Member since 01st Oct 2024
17200 posts
Click to send email to this author Click to send private message to this author Click to view this author's profile Click to add this author to your buddy list
#24286, "(DELETED) [None] Jalvin the Student of Owaza"

Sun Feb 1 15:17:41 2004

At 11 o'clock PM, Day of the Moon, 7th of the Month of the Ancient Darkness
on the Theran calendar Jalvin perished, never to return.

Race:dark-elf
Class:assassin
Level:42
Alignment:Evil
Ethos:Chaotic
Cabal:None, None
Hours:183

Alert | IP Printer Friendly copy | Reply | Reply with quote | Top

Reply Too bad. Once I got out of your range I quit being para..., Lerrik (Guest), 02-Feb-04 06:41 PM, #1
     Reply RE: Too bad. Once I got out of your range I quit being ..., Ujudludul, 02-Feb-04 11:49 PM, #2
          Reply Ahhh... That makes sense., Lerrik (Guest), 03-Feb-04 07:56 AM, #3
          Reply RE: Ahhh... That makes sense., Ujudludul, 04-Feb-04 05:39 PM, #6
          Reply That post was flawless., Jaegrudai (Guest), 03-Feb-04 10:57 AM, #4
               Reply RE: That post was flawless., Dalisha (Guest), 04-Feb-04 12:12 PM, #5
               Reply RE: That post was flawless., Ujudludul, 04-Feb-04 05:52 PM, #8
               Reply RE: That post was flawless., Ujudludul, 04-Feb-04 05:46 PM, #7

Lerrik (Guest)Mon 02-Feb-04 06:41 PM

#24318, "Too bad. Once I got out of your range I quit being para..."
In response to Reply #0

Pre 44 I survived many a battle against other folks because
I was being paranoid that you would pop out of no where.
Was hoping that you would rank on up there and pop out when I least expected it.. live or die that always keeps me on my toes for about a week.
Never did figure you out though, and I'd like to hear a little about ya.

UjudludulMon 02-Feb-04 11:49 PM
Member since 12th Apr 2016
45 posts
Click to send email to this author Click to send private message to this author Click to view this author's profile Click to add this author to your buddy list
#24324, "RE: Too bad. Once I got out of your range I quit being ..."
In response to Reply #1

Well, Jalvin was my first character to reach lvl 40. I had another drow assassin which was deleted at lvl 31, and 2 or 3 a-ps which didn't last long. Jalvin didn't talk much because my english sucks so when it comes to rp, well, I guess you get it...

I had a lot of fun with him though, and I learned some. I don't know Thera very well, but I fought a lot, learning a bit about pk tactics (I think). I would have liked to interact more with some people I met but it just sucks having to think 20 minutes each time you have something to say because you want to say it the right way. I guess I shouldn't care too much about that, but I do...

Thanks for your reply!

Jalvin.

Lerrik (Guest)Tue 03-Feb-04 07:56 AM

#24331, "Ahhh... That makes sense."
In response to Reply #2

I tried to draw you out because I didn't think you had any affiliations and was hoping to get you to 'see the light' so to speak.
I quit because i thought you were pissed at me IC over the paladin thing. (and yes I was called there to talk to him, didn't call him in to strike at you or anything) Most of the rest of it can wait until I am dead I think.. oh! question: the first time you jumped me did you know that place wouldn't let you hide?

about language issues:
To be honest I think you may want to use that.
if the problem becomes choosing the wrong word i am not sure
this will work but if it is more a speech pattern thing
or something like that, hell go with it roll up a char with a twisted way of speaking. tends to be fun for everyone once they get it figured out. that way if you say something and realize it is off, you just roll with it and make it part of the character. i.e. sometimes saying things wrong on purpose..
once people get used to it, if you make a 'real' mistake they will likely get what you mean anyway.
Just try not to say you want to skin their cat.. to mean you want to go get a snow leopard skin.. it'll make people hate you..

good luck with the next..

UjudludulWed 04-Feb-04 05:39 PM
45 posts
#24374, "RE: Ahhh... That makes sense."
In response to Reply #3

I thought about redemption, Jalvin wasn't really evil... I just didn't feel like roleplaying it at all. About the language thing, yes, I also thought about rolling some kind of bizarre speaking character but I didn't do it yet. I just loved the high int aspect of the drow (I am playing an elf now...)

That time we fought in the past, I think I had at least 15 stalks on you. I had been following you from Darsylon to Eregion when I stepped out of the shadows in your face near the canyon. You would have been my first try at assassinate =) But instead I just went to you because I knew you knew I was there. So yes, I knew I couldn't hide there and I enjoyed the fight we had.. damn flying potion!

Jaegrudai (Guest)Tue 03-Feb-04 10:57 AM

#24332, "That post was flawless."
In response to Reply #2

For a guy who doesn't speak english very well, you sure write it well. There are plenty of succesful RP characters played by people who OBVIOUSLY do not have english as their first language. Hell, most of us our Americans and we don't even speak our own language properly. Don't sweat it man, just have fun.

Our fights were fun, if a bit one sided.

Dalisha (Guest)Wed 04-Feb-04 12:12 PM

#24366, "RE: That post was flawless."
In response to Reply #4

I would have liked to have known you better, you kept telling me you were going but I didn't think you were serious. You seemed to be doing so well.

And what you said before you died, just wasn't fair.

UjudludulWed 04-Feb-04 05:52 PM
45 posts
#24376, "RE: That post was flawless."
In response to Reply #5

Aaaah, Dalisha!

I had plans for us when we were a lot younger, but I just couldn't stand not being able to say what I had in mind, language issue...
Jalvin loved you the very first time he saw you =)

Anyway, I was glad to see you also didn't delete when you said you were about to leave Thera forever at lvl 30 or so. Email me if you want.

ujudludul@hotmail.com

UjudludulWed 04-Feb-04 05:46 PM
45 posts
#24375, "RE: That post was flawless."
In response to Reply #4

Eh, thank you. We didn't talk to each other I think, but I quickly saw you knew what you were doing.

I think we only fought once, in the past. If you can tell me, did you and "I won't say his name" tooled me? You attacked him, I got there and saw you and him chiling in the same room. I can't remember why me and the other guy weren't grouped, but it sure didn't help me to blindness dust...

Keep rocking.

Top General Discussions The Battlefield Topic #24286 Previous topic | Next topic