Subject: "Caoimhellin" Previous topic | Next topic
Printer-friendly copy Email this topic to a friend CF Website
Top General Discussions The Battlefield Topic #24258
Show all folders

Black (Guest)Sat 31-Jan-04 11:58 AM

#24258, "Caoimhellin"

Where to begin...

I believe that was a successful character. Despite demotions and mocking from Khasotholas ;P. I do not believe I deserved them, but who cares - if you wish to demote someone, you will always find a reason to do so. After that I realised that my lichquest is fated and I am not good enough to receive that. Pity. Soon as I realised that I'm so bad, game lost at least half of it's fun for me.
Following Zulg, and playing black were a mistake - I received zero immterraction (except for "You are an Idiot.";demotion Cao}. Honestly, black sect reminds me some forgotten cabal where imms are dead, and leader loggin in once per two weeks, just not to get autodeleted. All in all, black sect sucks at the moment.

But the main reason were UNLUCK. I am 100% positive that should I even receive a lich quest, and manage to find things, and brew an elixir, I would 100% die. From ten attempts of making a zombie I were successfull not more than twice. Failing raising zombie twelve times in row... nonsense. Some Imm said that have nothing to do with the luck stat, but for some reason I do not believe him - I had a necromancer who could raise all his zombies without any failure. Comparing them, Keem (Caoim) sucked. Such unlucky characted must be shot at 10 level, soon as you realise their sorry fate. I knew he is unlucky one, but decided to stick with that and see what would happen.
Obviously, ####e happened.

Farewells?

Kardok, Njaal. Most skilled and impressive. At least one imperial, or two, have a special tittle and lastname. When I've been checking my range and seeing all those pansy worthless goodies, all tittled and lastnamed.... I am positive that should I, or most of imperial players roll a goodie, they will be tittled/lastnamed and tattooed without much effort. Fate of the evil is hard in this game. Well done, again.

Lzyera. I suppose you deserved position of the High Priest more than Njaal, but you were not hero, nor known well enough. You came too late. Damn.

Yanacek. Who will bring you those vials now? Thief emperor is not fun, because you are so quiet (I know, you must be quiet, but that do not make the game funnier).

Citizens. I think I annoyed many of you, though I liked most of you.

Daranor: pity that you are scion. I didn't know that at the beginning, until I found you with a nightwalker.

Marans. Absolutely same as imperials, but wearing the different mask. You do the same, fight the same, and even have the same reasons to kill. That's sorry.

Battle. That was first mage with which I haven't been affraid of your deathblows and spellbane. Don't know why.

Lichquestmakingimm. Goo luck with that work. I know that demands a lot of time, effort and concentration. Don't forget your family and real life during making those items.

Enough of bitching.

I just want to say - I do not regret anything, even two hundreds of thrown away time, and would stay if wouldn't have so much work to do - I have to finish two projects for the conference (end of february). So, I kinda shot my character so I will have time to work, at last.

Keem'ellin, Ten-Karadok, Elite Imperial Specter (wannabe that).

Alert | IP Printer Friendly copy | Reply | Reply with quote | Top

Reply RE: Caoimhellin, Kardok (Guest), 04-Feb-04 04:44 PM, #20
Reply Yeah., Keem (Guest), 05-Feb-04 09:51 AM, #21
Reply Good battles, good battles, Jinroh (Guest), 03-Feb-04 11:32 AM, #18
Reply I absolutely hated you IC..., Gyronalis (Guest), 02-Feb-04 09:51 PM, #15
Reply I had a reason IC., Keem (Guest), 03-Feb-04 07:42 AM, #17
     Reply RE: I had a reason IC., Gyronalis (Guest), 03-Feb-04 04:21 PM, #19
Reply RE: Caoimhellin, Khasotholas, 02-Feb-04 02:01 PM, #12
Reply ah, crap!, Keem (Guest), 02-Feb-04 05:51 PM, #13
     Reply RE: ah, crap!, Khasotholas, 02-Feb-04 06:00 PM, #14
          Reply RE: ah, crap!, Keem (Guest), 03-Feb-04 07:38 AM, #16
Reply RE: Caoimhellin, Lerrik (Guest), 01-Feb-04 10:32 AM, #9
Reply RE: Caoimhellin, Njaal (Guest), 01-Feb-04 07:52 AM, #8
Reply Melchi liked ya, Beer, 01-Feb-04 01:53 AM, #7
Reply RE: Caoimhellin, Jaalek (Guest), 01-Feb-04 01:14 AM, #6
Reply RE: Caoimhellin, Paladin (Guest), 31-Jan-04 06:52 PM, #5
Reply Dryzzel liked ya, Dryzzel, 31-Jan-04 05:24 PM, #4
Reply RE: Caoimhellin, Nimuweh (Guest), 31-Jan-04 04:39 PM, #3
Reply bah., Keem (Guest), 02-Feb-04 09:24 AM, #10
Reply I enjoyed that fight we had., Nivek1, 31-Jan-04 03:39 PM, #2
Reply Sorry to hear you weren't having fun., Jaegrudai (Guest), 31-Jan-04 02:59 PM, #1
     Reply Ah, forgot about you!, Keem (Guest), 02-Feb-04 09:41 AM, #11

Kardok (Guest)Wed 04-Feb-04 04:44 PM

#24371, "RE: Caoimhellin"
In response to Reply #0

Well played overall. Of course, I didn't see what actually transpired with either demotion, but I did see that when you did start to get criticized, you didn't react well. I can only assume you fell into a death trap in the first demotion, and a certain invoker slew you to get you out of there, but I could tell from your first response to Khasotholas that you were going to get demoted. Instead of arguing the validity of the point, I would have just said something along the lines of "Your point is well noted, I will make ****** pay for his transgressions to the Empire, in one way or another." if I were in your shoes.

I'm only guessing that you tried to defend yourself a little to vehemently again from the sounds of the second demotion. Remember, you are arguing with a relatively all-powerful being. The second time, I would have said "I agree that that is not the optimal way to attain the Orb, but once it was put in my hands, I saw little choice but to deliver it to it's rightful spot, I will drop it and leave it on the ground next time, if that is your wish."

Anyway, that's my advice on how I would have reacted in those two situations, it is quite possible you would have gotten out of both without a demotion. Anyway, good luck on the next

Keem (Guest)Thu 05-Feb-04 09:51 AM

#24398, "Yeah."
In response to Reply #20

No, I died by myself. Another citizen got killed by empire-wannabe. And yes, I knew that I were going to get demoted - but otherwise someone else could be anathemised. And well, I did what you say, and "repayed" that empire-wannabe - of course, after my dmemotion.

And yes, you are correct. But I weren't playing slippery mage. I've been playing rather straight mage that do not care much for such trifles.

And next time I won't play a kamikadze mage. Enough.

Jinroh (Guest)Tue 03-Feb-04 11:32 AM

#24333, "Good battles, good battles"
In response to Reply #0

We interacted some and fought some and all were enjoyable. I wished we could have had an engagement by ourselves, but such is the way of life it seems. Good luck and well done.

Gyronalis (Guest)Mon 02-Feb-04 09:51 PM

#24320, "I absolutely hated you IC..."
In response to Reply #0

because you killed me when I was a bit out of it, full looted, and never ever said a single word to me... ever. I never did kill you back because I had too many friends in the empire I didn't want to piss off. Good luck with the next.

Keem (Guest)Tue 03-Feb-04 07:42 AM

#24330, "I had a reason IC."
In response to Reply #15

My mage hated conjurers, all of them. He even tried to kill Hargrastic with some nasty trick, but he managed to solve the problem (a kind of death trap which someone else would not survive). So, I saw you on the road and I kill you. Would you kill me back? Perhaps, though I doubt that. Besides, as I recall, we have talked a little, though you made no sense - so I decided not to speak with you anymore. Good luck, and sorry for Keem's hatering toward conjurers.

Gyronalis (Guest)Tue 03-Feb-04 04:21 PM

#24338, "RE: I had a reason IC."
In response to Reply #17

Nope, never talked to Caom, ever. Not a single word. For the most part I just ignored you, and to be honest I think you would have been fairly easy to kill, though it may not be the case.

KhasotholasMon 02-Feb-04 02:01 PM
Member since 23rd Apr 2003
341 posts
Click to add this author to your buddy list
#24308, "RE: Caoimhellin"
In response to Reply #0

- Despite demotions and mocking from Khasotholas ;P. I do not believe I deserved them, but who cares - if you wish to demote someone, you will always find a reason to do so.

I didn't mock you. Mocking isn't really that much in Khasotholas's nature. I did demote you for valid reasons. I certainly had no grudge against you, I thought you were a decent player. But when I see something an Imperial really shouldn't be doing, I'll act on it. Glad you seemed to enjoy the character for the most part. By the way, you being demoted, or anything like that, would have no affect on your lichquest. Pking skill, or doing the 'right' thing in a cabal don't mean that much in regards to it. Good luck with your next.

Keem (Guest)Mon 02-Feb-04 05:51 PM

#24316, "ah, crap!"
In response to Reply #12

Btw, I have checked the laws. There weren't anything about reason why did you demote me - otherwise I wouldn't do so (obviously). Anyways. Perhaps Sevarecan or even youreself would update it?

And heck, I truly hope my next will be MORE lucky than this one (or, at least, not absolutely unlucky!).

KhasotholasMon 02-Feb-04 06:00 PM
Member since 23rd Apr 2003
341 posts
Click to add this author to your buddy list
#24317, "RE: ah, crap!"
In response to Reply #13

- Btw, I have checked the laws. There weren't anything about reason why did you demote me - otherwise I wouldn't do so (obviously). Anyways. Perhaps Sevarecan or even youreself would update it?

There's more to the Empire than is found in your laws, Horatio.

You weren't absolutely unlucky... I saw some pretty good things out of you.

Keem (Guest)Tue 03-Feb-04 07:38 AM

#24329, "RE: ah, crap!"
In response to Reply #14

Exceptions to prove the whole rule!
Yes, with PWK's I've been pretty succesfull. I think I made at least 30% of my kills by PWK'lling
Anyways, I didn't play for a while and with that char I refreshed my memory and skills (hopefully). Next time I won't play such suicider (yes, I didn't care much for his own safety and died a lot).

Lerrik (Guest)Sun 01-Feb-04 10:32 AM

#24282, "RE: Caoimhellin"
In response to Reply #0

PK wise.. wheeeeew you rocked all over.
Early on I was impressed with the hardly being invisible bit.
I may die to people on a regular basis, but I usually have a chance to escape (and rarely take it.) but you i do not think I ever escaped.. not even once.
if i saw you in my range i just assumed bye bye 1/3 con, but that i would have some fun trying a different set of things to try to take you down. closest i got was on the ocean.. and i made the mistake of thinking i had a little time before you came back. oof you were right back in it. as for bad timing and bad luck, i think I may have ya beat there. (remind me when i am dead if i forget)
Oh and the few talks we had were interesting if nothing else.

Good luck with work and all.

Njaal (Guest)Sun 01-Feb-04 07:52 AM

#24280, "RE: Caoimhellin"
In response to Reply #0

You obviously knew what you were doing and it seemed clear to me that it was not your first spectre. You dont make friends in the Empire in the same way as in other cabals, but you had Njaals respect out from knowledge and skill.
It weakens the Empire that you now are gone. We are in deep water, and some of us cant swim.

Good luck with your work and next char.

BeerSun 01-Feb-04 01:53 AM
Member since 04th Mar 2003
322 posts
Click to send private message to this author Click to view this author's profile Click to add this author to your buddy list
#24276, "Melchi liked ya"
In response to Reply #0

Was fun ranking in Organia in the early days! Hey good job with all!

Jaalek (Guest)Sun 01-Feb-04 01:14 AM

#24275, "RE: Caoimhellin"
In response to Reply #0

Fought you countless times and I must say you have the flee/sleep thing mastered. I was incredibly pissed that one time you slept me and someone else then power word killed me... Damn you spellbane for not working. Other than that you always seemed to be a menace to me. You and Niolas would summon me away id cranial then you would run rinse and repeat. Good luck with the next

Paladin (Guest)Sat 31-Jan-04 06:52 PM

#24266, "RE: Caoimhellin"
In response to Reply #0

I believe that was a successful character. Despite demotions and mocking from Khasotholas ;P.

If one has fun then I suppose any character can be considered successful. On the other hand, being demoted and mocked by one of your cabal's chief immortals, hating your sect and eventually deleting because you failed to receive a lich quest all smack of failure. First statement holds, though. If you had fun, then nobody can argue with your characterization of Caoimhellin as a success.

Kardok, Njaal. Most skilled and impressive.

Not to puff up their egos, but I'm in total agreement. You can count on those two raiding, showing up to defend, and generally making life difficult. Not so much with Caoimhellin, unless you include "spelling up whoever Yanacek has knocked out" in the category of "making life difficult".

When I've been checking my range and seeing all those pansy worthless goodies, all tittled and lastnamed....

I'm curious about who, in particular, you take such issue with. That is, assuming you can state your case without the post getting deleted. If that's impossible (through no fault of your own) then so be it.

DryzzelSat 31-Jan-04 05:24 PM
Member since 04th Nov 2003
68 posts
Click to send email to this author Click to send private message to this author Click to view this author's profile Click to add this author to your buddy list
#24265, "Dryzzel liked ya"
In response to Reply #0

Hey, I liked your play. I wish some things had worked out better for you and that you hadn't taken that orb. Oh well, such is life i Guess. You did well from what I could see.

Good work,
Dryzzel

Nimuweh (Guest)Sat 31-Jan-04 04:39 PM

#24264, "RE: Caoimhellin"
In response to Reply #0

I was going to give you respect as a decent pkiller, until silly comments like this:

>> When I've been checking my range and seeing all those pansy worthless goodies, all tittled and lastnamed.... I am positive that should I, or most of imperial players roll a goodie, they will be tittled/lastnamed and tattooed without much effort. >>

Could you *possibly* know enough about the current good aligned characters to make such a judgement? I can't respect someone with such flawed and negative thinking. The best you could possibly say is note that good-aligned characters are getting last-names and titles. You can't possibly know more than what the Immortals see.

Good luck on the next, and try to have a little bit more positive attitude about your enemies.

Nimuweh Briarleaf

Keem (Guest)Mon 02-Feb-04 09:24 AM

#24304, "bah."
In response to Reply #3

I make my opinion based not on what imms see, but on what I see as a player. I have no power of snoop, I interract with them mostly during the battle. But I interract not with only goodies, but with ragers, sylvan (ex), scion, etc etc etc. And I can see the difference between worthy character and absolutely worthless. Sorry for having my own opinion.

Nivek1Sat 31-Jan-04 03:39 PM
Member since 04th Mar 2003
655 posts
Click to send email to this author Click to send private message to this author Click to view this author's profile Click to add this author to your buddy list Click to send message via AOL IM
#24263, "I enjoyed that fight we had."
In response to Reply #0

Sorry it got ruined at the end. Bye.

Kopiteous

Jaegrudai (Guest)Sat 31-Jan-04 02:59 PM

#24262, "Sorry to hear you weren't having fun."
In response to Reply #0

My first PK death was to your group when you were like... lvl 12 or something. My dwarf groupmate got slept, and I (in an effort to follow the Paladin Code) charged back in to save him. I pretty much knew I was going to bite it, but it was all in the name of RP. After that we had some good fights together, sometimes one on one, and sometimes in groups etc. I could always depend on you not to wuss out of a fight, and that made me respect you.

As for saying immteraction is all but absent from Empire, I have to disagree. My last character (an Imperial) got more immteraction than Jaegrudai does. I think that if you really look at who is titled among the lightwalkers you'll find a more diverse range of imms doing said titling. That is to say that Empire tends to follow an Imperial god, while the titled goods you see are selecting from a larger pool of imms.

From my perspective it certainly doesn't seem like we have Empire outnumbered, but then thats my perspective. I'm sorry to hear that you think we all think and act alike as Marans. I'm inclined to agree to some extent, but I think that its a fact that runs true in almost all the cabals. MOST people on CF are cookie cuttered out, and thats fine. It makes those of us who aren't a cookie cut character stand out all the more.

Lastly, if you don't like the way things are in a cabal the best thing to do is always roll a character to change it IC. Anywho, thats my .02. Seeing your name in my PK always brought a smile to my face, because I knew some good fights were coming. All your luck are belong to your next!

Keem (Guest)Mon 02-Feb-04 09:41 AM

#24305, "Ah, forgot about you!"
In response to Reply #1

You are an exception from that horde of marans. Well deserved position and very deadly - probably even overpowered (five demolishes through aura/wraith form/protection really looks sick). I shouldn't die there, but I did, and that were reall weird.
But it would be nice to see you not being part of the maran (worthless horde with machineguns), but as a independant paladin. You would have all my respect then. Anyways, when I done with the work, I'll make a character, and he WILL become your nightmare!

Top General Discussions The Battlefield Topic #24258 Previous topic | Next topic