Subject: "(RAGE DELETE) [None] Lzyera the Holy Lady of War, Anath..." Previous topic | Next topic
Printer-friendly copy Email this topic to a friend CF Website
Top General Discussions The Battlefield Topic #24208
Show all folders

Death_AngelThu 29-Jan-04 01:04 PM
Member since 30th Sep 2024
17192 posts
Click to send email to this author Click to send private message to this author Click to view this author's profile Click to add this author to your buddy list
#24208, "(RAGE DELETE) [None] Lzyera the Holy Lady of War, Anathema to the Empire"

Thu Jan 29 12:00:33 2004

At 5 o'clock AM, Day of the Sun, 6th of the Month of Futility
on the Theran calendar Lzyera perished, never to return.

Race:duergar
Class:shaman
Level:45
Alignment:Evil
Ethos:Orderly
Cabal:None, None
Hours:75

Alert | IP Printer Friendly copy | Reply | Reply with quote | Top

Reply I liked Lzyera, Dryzzel, 31-Jan-04 11:33 AM, #8
Reply Liked you a lot, Black (Guest), 30-Jan-04 10:54 AM, #7
Reply Hrm..., Illaza (Guest), 29-Jan-04 02:01 PM, #1
     Reply I was there for it, and it was pretty inflammatory..., Vladamir, 29-Jan-04 06:41 PM, #2
          Reply RE: I was there for it, and it was pretty inflammatory...., Mac (Guest), 29-Jan-04 08:03 PM, #3
               Reply I know thats part of being an imperial...., Vladamir, 29-Jan-04 08:33 PM, #4
                    Reply You've a very narrow view regarding order, Wilhath, 29-Jan-04 08:47 PM, #5
                    Reply ooc, you are wrong., permanewbie, 30-Jan-04 12:01 AM, #6

DryzzelSat 31-Jan-04 11:33 AM
Member since 04th Nov 2003
68 posts
Click to send email to this author Click to send private message to this author Click to view this author's profile Click to add this author to your buddy list
#24257, "I liked Lzyera"
In response to Reply #0

I wish I had known what happened or had been there when it all went down. I don't know the divine sects workings, but i do know what i saw out of her. Lots of devotion, and fighting regardless of the odds. As a courage follower, Dryzzel liked to see that. I say good work, though I'd like to hear from the players mouth what happened. Of course, she could be waiting til the High Priest is gone.

good work though,
Dryzzel

Black (Guest)Fri 30-Jan-04 10:54 AM

#24228, "Liked you a lot"
In response to Reply #0

Hey Lzy, pity to see that happened, but we both knew that would happen. I am positive you would be a good leader, not wore than Njaal (and he is good too!). Guess you did that on purpose, so, good luck with your next.

Illaza (Guest)Thu 29-Jan-04 02:01 PM

#24209, "Hrm..."
In response to Reply #0

If you ever get around to it, wouldn't mind knowing what exactly went down (if it isn’t too inflammatory). Thanks!

VladamirThu 29-Jan-04 06:41 PM
Member since 04th Mar 2003
1179 posts
Click to send email to this author Click to send private message to this author Click to view this author's profile Click to add this author to your buddy list Click to send message via AOL IM Click to send message via ICQ
#24213, "I was there for it, and it was pretty inflammatory..."
In response to Reply #1

I'm not going to get into specifics, because A. It's not my story to tell and B. other people who were involved are still active. What I WILL say, is that her Anathematization being permitted for the reasons it happened is one of the fundamental reasons that the Empire is completely broken. You have a cabal thats supposed to stand for order, then people who are booted based on nothing more than old grudges and made up excuses. It happening in front of an imm, who did nothing to stop it makes it doubly sickening.

Mac (Guest)Thu 29-Jan-04 08:03 PM

#24216, "RE: I was there for it, and it was pretty inflammatory...."
In response to Reply #2

Is not this part of being an imperial? It is all about sharp elbows and ambition. And since its so easy to get into the cabal, it should be easy to be booted as well. If you do not want your charachter destroyed just play another cabal or be smarter than your boss.

I do not know the reasons here, but if an imm was present i am certain all was in order.

VladamirThu 29-Jan-04 08:33 PM
1179 posts
Click to send email to this author Click to send private message to this author Click to view this author's profile Click to add this author to your buddy list Click to send message via AOL IM Click to send message via ICQ
#24219, "I know thats part of being an imperial...."
In response to Reply #3

And thats why I said, I don't find it very orderly. I mean, in theory, the workings of the cabal are supposed to bring about order. I just find it vastly different in practice.

WilhathThu 29-Jan-04 08:47 PM
Member since 19th May 2003
528 posts
Click to send email to this author Click to send private message to this author Click to add this author to your buddy list
#24220, "You've a very narrow view regarding order"
In response to Reply #4

Order does not equal "A democratic process through which all decisions are made, with due process and due regard for the feelings of all involved."

Dictatorial ass whompings can be orderly too. You're an underling, mind your P's and Q's.

permanewbieThu 29-Jan-04 11:54 PM
349 posts
#24222, "ooc, you are wrong."
In response to Reply #4
Edited on Fri 30-Jan-04 12:01 AM

Empire is not about "Order".

They are about "Darkness + Order".

There is an EXTREMELY large difference, I'd explain it for you here, but that sort of thing is I think best left IC.

If you don't get what that difference is....maybe you need to put aside your "I am right about everything" attitude that you MIGHT have because you have played many characters in the past...and actually try to honestly learn what the difference is in the game.

Doing so, I believe, would both increase your enjoyment of the fine points of the political system of the game, and increaseyour ability to RP those fine points...thus increasing other's enjoyment of the game.

If your assessment that his anethematization was done because of old grudges, I feel that that is exactly in line with the Order of the Empire.

Order, to me, ooc like, implies a known cause-effect relationship.

In the empire, you piss off someone who is (or in the future becomes) your superior, you are going to either be demoted or anethematized (I believe in practice your chances along that scale between demotion and a big boot in the ass is directly in proportion to the superior's ability to rationalize and trump up charges against you, which is quite orderly...the more intelligent your superior, the more he is effective at eliminating competition).

Everyone knows this. Even people outside the Empire know this. This is how "Darkness + Order" works in just about everyones opinion.

If your opinion differs from most peoples, and more importantly from the Imms of the cabal, then it is time to:
1) play something else
2) try to change it in char
3) live with it
4) Try to look at it from their point of view and grow from it.
etc.

I think one of the things you SHOULDN'T do, is take it to an ooc forum and bitch about it.

That choice does noone any good. And just makes you sound silly.

"Death awaits ya all, wit nasteh big pointeh teeth!"

Top General Discussions The Battlefield Topic #24208 Previous topic | Next topic