Subject: "(DELETED) [BATTLE] Ayrawk the Student of Owaza" Previous topic | Next topic
Printer-friendly copy Email this topic to a friend CF Website
Top General Discussions The Battlefield Topic #24098
Show all folders

Death_AngelFri 23-Jan-04 04:24 PM
Member since 30th Sep 2024
17192 posts
Click to send email to this author Click to send private message to this author Click to view this author's profile Click to add this author to your buddy list
#24098, "(DELETED) [BATTLE] Ayrawk the Student of Owaza"

Fri Jan 23 15:23:17 2004

At 1 o'clock AM, Day of the Moon, 14th of the Month of the Sun
on the Theran calendar Ayrawk perished, never to return.

Race:arial
Class:assassin
Level:42
Alignment:Neutral
Ethos:Neutral
Cabal:BATTLE, the BattleRagers, Haters of Magic
Hours:142

Alert | IP Printer Friendly copy | Reply | Reply with quote | Top

Reply An Answer to The Forsaken, Ayrawk (Guest), 24-Jan-04 10:34 PM, #19
Reply HA!, The Forsaken (Guest), 25-Jan-04 12:14 AM, #20
Reply We did some crazy stuff long ago., Minyar, 26-Jan-04 12:45 PM, #21
Reply About Emailing, Ayrawk (Guest), 27-Jan-04 05:59 PM, #22
Reply Always liked you., Marballa (Guest), 24-Jan-04 01:23 AM, #10
Reply RE: Always liked you., Ayrawk (Guest), 24-Jan-04 02:42 AM, #14
Reply RE: (DELETED) [BATTLE] Ayrawk the Student of Owaza, Agarah (Guest), 23-Jan-04 10:03 PM, #6
Reply RE: (DELETED) [BATTLE] Ayrawk the Student of Owaza, Ayrawk (Guest), 24-Jan-04 12:01 AM, #7
Reply I will tell you!, Iestyn-Guesting (Guest), 24-Jan-04 05:03 AM, #15
     Reply well.., Agarah (Guest), 24-Jan-04 10:54 AM, #16
     Reply I dont think that is bad form of a rager., Nightgauntish (Guest), 24-Jan-04 11:11 AM, #17
     Reply then we will have to disagree, Iestyn-Guesting (Guest), 24-Jan-04 12:01 PM, #18
     Reply RE: I will tell you!, Kackrik (Guest), 28-Jan-04 12:58 AM, #23
Reply Bleh, Jaalek (Guest), 23-Jan-04 09:28 PM, #5
Reply RE: Bleh, Ayrawk (Guest), 24-Jan-04 12:04 AM, #8
Reply Didn't know you much, thanks for all the scouting, sorr..., Rahno (Guest), 23-Jan-04 08:03 PM, #2
Reply RE: Didn't know you much, thanks for all the scouting, ..., Ayrawk (Guest), 23-Jan-04 08:45 PM, #3
     Reply Thanks for compliment, but why exactly did you delete a..., Rahno (Guest), 23-Jan-04 09:00 PM, #4
          Reply RE: Thanks for compliment, but why exactly did you dele..., Ayrawk (Guest), 24-Jan-04 12:17 AM, #9
               Reply I think I show up and represent pretty well., Jinroh (Guest), 24-Jan-04 01:39 AM, #11
               Reply RE: I think I show up and represent pretty well., Ayrawk (Guest), 24-Jan-04 02:34 AM, #13
               Reply Hey there., Lerrik (Guest), 24-Jan-04 01:56 AM, #12
Reply RE: (DELETED) [BATTLE] Ayrawk the Student of Owaza, Bobbobimb (Guest), 23-Jan-04 05:13 PM, #1

Ayrawk (Guest)Sat 24-Jan-04 10:34 PM

#24128, "An Answer to The Forsaken"
In response to Reply #0

I think my most recent character was a cloud ranger who led Sylvan, before that Jugynheim, another leader of Sylvan. Villager wise I've been lots of different ones, same with Entropy when it was still around. Infestix, Daerkshyn, Hyshrawr etc...

The Forsaken (Guest)Sun 25-Jan-04 12:14 AM

#24131, "HA!"
In response to Reply #19

You're one of my favorite players of all time, to be honest. I remember running around with Jugynheim as Kaersis, and Hyrshrawr with one of my countless fire ragers before that. Both of those characters were top notch. Too bad I'm a bit busy these days, I'm sure I would have loved this one. Good luck, and if you get bored sometime, email me.

MinyarMon 26-Jan-04 12:45 PM
Member since 04th Mar 2003
504 posts
Click to send email to this author Click to send private message to this author Click to view this author's profile Click to add this author to your buddy list
#24151, "We did some crazy stuff long ago."
In response to Reply #19

I've been wondering what happened to the player of Infestix. My shadow Sakaii and him used to run around and kill the Knights like mad. Infestix was always one of my favorite chars, and I'm saddened that you aren't going to stick around awhile. Shoot me an email if you get time. I'd like to talk you out of leaving!

Aaron

minyar13@aol.com

Ayrawk (Guest)Tue 27-Jan-04 05:59 PM

#24173, "About Emailing"
In response to Reply #19

For one, I don't have your address The Forsaken so I can't respond via email. On that note however, if you want to email to shoot the #### or just talk about old times that's fine but I don't like interacting with other players in any relation to would-be future characters. I know that's probably anal, but I also know that familiarity breeds a tendancy to hang out even if there's no real reason or incentive to IC, and though it might never get noticed I'd still feel like I was bending the rules. Don't get me wrong, I think any mud is the funnest when you get to hang out with friends you actually know, but likewise I understand how raw that deal can be for anyone you set your sights on pk-wise. I wouldn't want to be on the receiving end of that so...
Take it easy,
Ayrawk

Minyar, yup I remember several of your characters, from Felix and alot of your villagers. I know you've mentioned the Sekaii Infestix connection before and I still don't remember Infestix ever being a pk monster. In fact he died of old age when I lost link playing around (as I usually did) in mortorn with confuse and making mobs fight eachother while I beat up on them both. I do remember dragging the various ambassadors form high lord's keep to the west gate of galadon and tracking myrrdraals (however you spell that) from the blight to the north, hela and her two sisters to the south gate and so forth, but that was because I was chaotic evil and it made things dangerous and fun for Infestix. Take it easy

Marballa (Guest)Sat 24-Jan-04 01:23 AM

#24110, "Always liked you."
In response to Reply #0

Not sure why, but I always liked your character. Perhaps it was because you would speak to me even though you didn't think your recommendation would be any good. Perhaps it was because we seemingly showed up the most, I don't know. But I was really hoping, IC and OOC that we'd get to "dance" together when Marballa caught up to you around hero ranks.

I was on when you deleted, me and Sabiene... he's my psuedo log

- Destructor : Ayrawk joins the fray of battle.

- Ayrawk : Stuff in the pit if anyone needs it.

- Destructor : Ayrawk leaves the fray of battle.

- Marballa : That was odd... I hope he didn't do anything rash....

You'll be missed. Who am I going to hang out with now?

Marballa

Ayrawk (Guest)Sat 24-Jan-04 02:42 AM

#24115, "RE: Always liked you."
In response to Reply #10

Marballa reminds/reminded me of Ahme (Hope I'm spelling that right.) the Battle thief on the pillar, primarily due to her no-nonsense persona. Always had her wits about her and was fun to talk to even if she was a little distant, something you hinted at briefly with your views on the village and it's usual lack of troops moving about. A 'dance' would have been interesting, sorry to have ruined that spar for both of us. I generally only play one character at a time when I play, and I likewise tend to play for long periods. So my view on villagers who aren't often around probably isn't all that fair to them or realistic, but that's just how things work out. I think you'll be a strong force within the village as you rise in the ranks, and perhaps you'll still get that dance; albeit in another form. Good luck with your hunting and sorry to have left so abruptly, I'm not into long farewells and drama, so I dumped all my gear in the pit and left. Have fun!
Ayrawk

Agarah (Guest)Fri 23-Jan-04 10:03 PM

#24105, "RE: (DELETED) [BATTLE] Ayrawk the Student of Owaza"
In response to Reply #0

So now, tell me what really happened in Galadon.. I know what I think happened.

Ayrawk (Guest)Sat 24-Jan-04 12:01 AM

#24107, "RE: (DELETED) [BATTLE] Ayrawk the Student of Owaza"
In response to Reply #6

Exactly as I explained honestly. The ap didn't know I was there he leaps up and impales the dwarf and I throw once and that's it for the ap. He did a good job of acting offended though so kudos to him for that. I was impressed that you didn't let any bias sway your judgement though as you stated it could have been either of us. Good work.
Ayrawk

Iestyn-Guesting (Guest)Sat 24-Jan-04 05:03 AM

#24117, "I will tell you!"
In response to Reply #6

I vaulted the dwarf after following him and new that ayrawk was around him and MIGHT have been grouped with him but I figured that he was a rager and would not assist the dwarf as most ragers go about with autoassist off unless they are ranking so in fighting me and assisting the dwarf would be cowardly and ganging. If he assisted and fled that would have been acceptable. It was another example of the poor quality of rager that Zhelrantix has been inducting. I vaulted the dwarf and ayrawk did throw after he pathetically assisted and I collapsed in a heap of bits but got the last laugh. Can I spin a yarn or can I spin a yarn!

Iestyn

Agarah (Guest)Sat 24-Jan-04 10:54 AM

#24120, "well.."
In response to Reply #15

Not really cause I never believed you and your said witness, and you changed your study a couple times, small details but important ones, at one point you were tigered in town, another time you said out of town, and ran in. and the other facter was I got told the dwarf was taking the blows, which would lead to he start the fight, and not tiger, if they even did, which I never thought, but then again lack of evidence prevented anything. Being Justiciar taught me to listen to small hints in the stories...

Nightgauntish (Guest)Sat 24-Jan-04 11:11 AM

#24121, "I dont think that is bad form of a rager."
In response to Reply #15

If you attack the ragers group, bad for you. I sure as hell would not flee.

Iestyn-Guesting (Guest)Sat 24-Jan-04 12:01 PM

#24122, "then we will have to disagree"
In response to Reply #17

Any rager I play would have fled rather than be seen to be ganging, especially if I was not the chosen target in my group and even more so if I am a hidden class.

We all have standards, I guess some are lower than others.

Kackrik (Guest)Wed 28-Jan-04 12:58 AM

#24179, "RE: I will tell you!"
In response to Reply #15

People like you put a bad name to forum posts.

Jaalek (Guest)Fri 23-Jan-04 09:28 PM

#24104, "Bleh"
In response to Reply #0

I couldnt stop laughing at your name (Ayrawk=Iroc u know those ####ty cars) anyway. You seemed pretty good sorry about that corte thing. Gl with the next

Ayrawk (Guest)Sat 24-Jan-04 12:04 AM

#24108, "RE: Bleh"
In response to Reply #5

No probs about Corte, though I was lucky in getting out in one piece. With regard to the name, I didn't ever think of it like that though I did go for a bird cry like sound. To me, names like that dependant upon race type, make more sense than Nerrilith or something like that, at least in the case of an arial. Funny to think of it in the perspective you shared though, I've never been that full of myself thankfully.
Good luck in the war,
Ayrawk

Rahno (Guest)Fri 23-Jan-04 08:03 PM

#24101, "Didn't know you much, thanks for all the scouting, sorr..."
In response to Reply #0

Don't give up so quickly people...See ya around

Ayrawk (Guest)Fri 23-Jan-04 08:45 PM

#24102, "RE: Didn't know you much, thanks for all the scouting, ..."
In response to Reply #2

Sorry Rahno, you and a few of the others who were around a fair amount were fun, and truthfully the only reason I lingered as long as I did. Who knows I could grow a wild hair and decide to try again. Last rager I had is on the pillar and was hellacious fun to play. I'm just not cut out for being a scout and some of the 'perceived' conduct by/from the imms, made continuing pointless.
Good luck in the war,
Ayrawk

Rahno (Guest)Fri 23-Jan-04 09:00 PM

#24103, "Thanks for compliment, but why exactly did you delete a..."
In response to Reply #3

nt

Ayrawk (Guest)Sat 24-Jan-04 12:17 AM

#24109, "RE: Thanks for compliment, but why exactly did you dele..."
In response to Reply #4

Honestly, I can't handle being a scout type. Being able to dodge spells and fight certain shifters was cool, but practicing spell evasion was not as easy as I'd hoped it might be and crit hit wasn't super useful when mongoose, lemur types won't fight you cause you can whip them. I couldn't take that part back, so I was stuck as a scout, which I didn't like. Didn't like my character as well after that because I felt like a wuss, even to the point where hanging back from going all out in seeking fights was eating away at my desire to play the character. Then, thanks to the new link dropping code instituted I get whacked because my connection is slow. I've never dropped link to avoid pk or clear my buffer and so forth because danger is coming so it kind of seems like a bunch of crap to me. I'd prefer they just punish those who 'do' do that stuff rather than instituting an imbedded penalty that causes everyone to suffer as a result. All of that, factored in with villagers who didn't seem very die-hard in general, ie. willing to play for more than thirty minutes to an hour made me decide it wasn't worth the effort.

I've had enough heroes and played enough to reach a point where the game has become futile on one level. In the end you whip so much ass, then die, and rise up again. Wash rinse, repeat. Immteraction can steal the monotony from that jaded perspective, but the village, Imm-wise is very quiet. I'm used to commanders, or leaders who are pro-active, showing up often and inspiring others to be the same. Lots of conflict and excitement. The village was largely asleep from what I experienced. I'm not bagging on the village cause it's my favorite cabal, though likewise I think those who only show up once in a blue moon should be ousted out of hand. In the end though it was a combination of pretty much, just nothing really happening. When my standard log on situation was recover from empire, get raided by empire repeat, with an occasionly enjoyable period where more than three villagers were around, it just seemed like I chose to start playing at a bad time or I'd made a mistake in deciding to come back. Obviously CF is in a transition period, trying to reorganize the various cabals and their relationships with eachother. With regard to empire, I hated it when it was first around and I still think it's the worst cabal around. It's a great concept in design but functions poorly with what it has. The Imms could do a lot better, I know they're more creative than that. To answer your question, no one thing specifically, just the simple fact that it turned out to be alot less fun that I'd hoped for...

Jinroh (Guest)Sat 24-Jan-04 01:39 AM

#24111, "I think I show up and represent pretty well."
In response to Reply #9

As for your character, good job. Good luck.

Ayrawk (Guest)Sat 24-Jan-04 02:34 AM

#24114, "RE: I think I show up and represent pretty well."
In response to Reply #11

I wasn't referring to you. You've chosen a rough path, and you're a tough hombre. I don't want to specify who I have in mind when I mention villagers who are rarely about and so forth, and again; I'm sure there are at least a few that I've never even seen. Thanks and my attempt could have been alot better but we'll see...
Ayrawk

Lerrik (Guest)Sat 24-Jan-04 01:56 AM

#24112, "Hey there."
In response to Reply #9

Well I thought your character was pretty cool, ic and ooc.
the second time ya asked me to run to the village because of an attack
(by the time i got to where i could go that way the scion person was
already leaving. got the walker but not him.) I debated turning you down because of well i guess that can wait till i am dead.
I understand about the link code.
my favorite:
turning blue underwater. eat seaweed...... eat seaweed... lost connect. reconnect.. at the pit. but it could have been reconnect
lag lag lag lag die from suffocation. eat seaweed.. don't have that.
scream
I figure it was happening so often on purpose to clear the buffer or something that it was worth the cost. I can count two con to it so far.. and in the scheme of things that isn't so bad. considering recent connect problems, that's pretty close to what i might have had anyway.

Bobbobimb (Guest)Fri 23-Jan-04 05:13 PM

#24100, "RE: (DELETED) [BATTLE] Ayrawk the Student of Owaza"
In response to Reply #0

Good character, had fun learning with you the few
times we did. Wish you luck with your next char.

Top General Discussions The Battlefield Topic #24098 Previous topic | Next topic