Subject: "(DELETED) [EMPIRE] Niolas the Spectre, Elite Imperial W..." Previous topic | Next topic
Printer-friendly copy Email this topic to a friend CF Website
Top General Discussions The Battlefield Topic #24049
Show all folders

Death_AngelFri 23-Jan-04 01:48 PM
Member since 30th Sep 2024
17192 posts
Click to send email to this author Click to send private message to this author Click to view this author's profile Click to add this author to your buddy list
#24049, "(DELETED) [EMPIRE] Niolas the Spectre, Elite Imperial Warlock"

Thu Jan 22 14:25:01 2004

At 3 o'clock PM, Day of the Moon, 14th of the Month of Nature
on the Theran calendar Niolas perished, never to return.

Race:arial
Class:necromancer
Level:47
Alignment:Evil
Ethos:Orderly
Cabal:EMPIRE, the Empire
Hours:303

Alert | IP Printer Friendly copy | Reply | Reply with quote | Top

Reply Farewell, Niolas (Guest), 22-Jan-04 06:13 PM, #11
Reply RE: Farewell, flarkle (Guest), 22-Jan-04 06:32 PM, #1
Reply RE: Farewell, Nhiala (Guest), 22-Jan-04 06:42 PM, #3
Reply No way, Niolas (Guest), 22-Jan-04 07:46 PM, #4
     Reply RE: No way, Nhiala (Guest), 22-Jan-04 08:57 PM, #5
Reply Hehe, Malkhar (Guest), 22-Jan-04 09:07 PM, #6
Reply Heh, I liked ya, but apparently that didn't go both way..., Dryzzel, 22-Jan-04 09:19 PM, #7
Reply Sorry pal, Niolas (Guest), 22-Jan-04 11:06 PM, #8
Reply Did not know you, but..., Dugruain, 23-Jan-04 04:09 AM, #9
Reply I would have to agree nt, Xan (Guest), 23-Jan-04 04:15 AM, #10
Reply Well, your the first one to tell me I suck, heh, Kardok (Guest), 24-Jan-04 06:22 AM, #12
Reply RE: (DELETED) [EMPIRE] Niolas the Spectre, Elite Imperi..., Jaalek (Guest), 22-Jan-04 06:35 PM, #2

Niolas (Guest)Fri 23-Jan-04 01:48 PM

#24061, "Farewell"
In response to Reply #0

So my delete message finally showed up. I can swear it was more then a week.

Niolas farewell:

To be honest this was a char I did not enjoy much.
After reaching 47 and becoming Elite Imperial Warlock I had literally nothing to do.
I would’ve deleted earlier but I kept hoping to get Lich quest.

Imms: F*ck! This is hard.
I played and prayed and prayed.
I got ZERO response in three months.

How hard is it to do little pecho like:
High Priest of Arboria tell you “I am busy now. Come back when leaves on the trees turn brown.”
-OR-
High Priest of Arboria tell you “You are not worth of my time, weakling. Don’t bother me any more.”

Empire:

Aiekooso, Zhenzar, Dahrozim – Guys, you rocked!!!
Emperor, Dreadlord and the rest of the council – I saw you may be twice in my whole life. Empire went downhill quality-wise because of that. Enough said.
The rest – You mostly sucked!
What fun is in sitting on eastern in quicksand between pairs of centurions waiting for any none-Imperial to show up to be summoned/bashed by 6 people?
I tried to get away from gangbang mentality but mostly it meant Sylvans/Marans/Other Empire-haters would be hunting me in packs.

Marans: Either bunch of you guys are on or none of you. Sad.

Sylvans: Camping for 2 RL hours so you can gang somebody who shows up to retrieve? Get a life!

Battles: I saw plenty of you come and go. Mostly run in groups of two/three bashing/pincering all mages or suspected mage supports like herald warriors.

Scion: Ignored you.

Tribbies: Used you to kill Battles/Syvans. Kelrizza –you do well. The rest – not worth mentioning.

Kackrik – Killed you couple times, you killed me couple times. Mostly avoided you.

Gradaelus – Maran lackey. Glad you finally found some courage to fight alone.

Lariya – Grossly overvirtued and overpowered.
You would beat me in any situation any given day.
Couple things:
a) That blinding templar defense strike is not always your best choice.
b) Strike of faith/?/deliverance does insane amount of damage. Should be downgraded IMHO.

Nhiala – Getting gangbanged by Bastion of Honor rubbed me a wrong way.

Voronil & Flarkle & Malkhar - You guys ALWAYS together. And if I catch one of you alone two others magically appear from nowhere. I am hesitant to say you permagrouped but it sure as Hell looked like that to me.

I probably forgot couple guys I wanted to mention but oh well. Post a reply if you want to hear my highly biased opinion.

Gone and forgotten,

Niolas the Lich-Wannabe.

flarkle (Guest)Thu 22-Jan-04 06:32 PM

#24062, "RE: Farewell"
In response to Reply #11

there is good reason we are always together and you can consider it an rp perma, think of the drake of ages past sort of thing.

Nhiala (Guest)Thu 22-Jan-04 06:42 PM

#24064, "RE: Farewell"
In response to Reply #11

>Nhiala – Getting gangbanged by Bastion of Honor rubbed me a
>wrong way.

Suffice it to say that episode is now in my role. Here's the skinny. I see you on East Dairien but sanc is about to drop, so I duck into Azreth and wait an hour. During that time I inform Umarojn that I'm about to engage you and to assume the worst if he replies and I'm asleep. We weren't grouped. By the time I get back onto East Dairien you're long gone, so I head east. About that time I get a tell from Umarojn: 'stunted forest'. Nothing more. I figure by the time I get there he's going to be asleep and you're going to be spelling him up, so my job is to run you off and save him. When I arrive you two are fighting and I have no idea who's winning. Rather than take the time to examine both of you, possibly resulting in Umarojn's death, I jump in, only to find you already writhing.

For what it's worth, I scrolled back afterwards and the only damage I did was a single EVISCERATE wrath. No melee hits or shield jabs. So unless you weren't lagged at all, odds are you were dying anyway.

Niolas (Guest)Thu 22-Jan-04 07:46 PM

#24067, "No way"
In response to Reply #3

>You were dying anyway.
Excuses.

a) I would not have died. I just made him drop both of his swords. Just trust me on this. Or play necromancer someday.

b) I would probably killed Umarojn given enough time.

I just felt you being 'Bastion of Honorr' should not have interfered at all. It is like stealing someone's victory.

Mine or Umarojn's - does not matter.

Nhiala (Guest)Thu 22-Jan-04 08:57 PM

#24071, "RE: No way"
In response to Reply #4

I refuse to get dragged into a pissing contest, so this is the last you'll hear from me.

>a) I would not have died. I just made him drop both of his
>swords. Just trust me on this. Or play necromancer someday.

I have. I grant that you might have survived, hence my use of the phrase 'odds are'. Live or die, though, it's hard to imagine I changed the outcome of that fight unless my wrath cursed you.

>b) I would probably killed Umarojn given enough time.

Maybe, but I doubt it would have been during this particular encounter. He was fairly healthy when I arrived, albeit blind and without weapons. You were writhing. I'm guessing you were either going to a) try to vamp him to death, b) flee and immediately try to sleep him, c) flee and brandish some healing, then try to sleep him, or d) word and heal, then come back and finish him.

Given your health it's not certain that A) wouldn't have gotten you killed outright. Even if it didn't, Lariya would have arrived and struck while you were lagged from vamp. B) would involve you possibly taking a parting blow (unless prevented by blindness) and possibly taking a round of hits if the subsequent sleep failed. Either is likely to have done more damage than my single EVISCERATE, which you maintain was the difference in the fight. C) would have been the safest option, but like I said Lariya was right behind me and she might have finished you during the brandish lag. D) wouldn't have worked because Umarojn would have been healed by the time you returned.

>I just felt you being 'Bastion of Honorr' should not have
>interfered at all. It is like stealing someone's victory.

For what it's worth, it was a different character (Beltantis) who had the title "Bastion of Honor".

Malkhar (Guest)Thu 22-Jan-04 09:07 PM

#24072, "Hehe"
In response to Reply #11

I still chuckle at the time you attacked Flarkle while I was camo'd beside him with autoassist on, and you didn't last the round

Anyway, for my part, I thought you were one of the gutsiest necromancers I've ever seen. There were so many times where you would get your teeth kicked in, barely escape, and I'd say, "there's no way he's coming back after that pasting. He'd have to be crazy." And yet... you'd come back, supremely confident, prepared to give as good as you got. Maybe knowing you're just one successful sleep away from triumph gives that kind of confidence, I don't know.

As for the appearance of permagrouping, it is more complicated than that.

DryzzelThu 22-Jan-04 09:19 PM
Member since 04th Nov 2003
68 posts
Click to send email to this author Click to send private message to this author Click to view this author's profile Click to add this author to your buddy list
#24073, "Heh, I liked ya, but apparently that didn't go both way..."
In response to Reply #11

I liked Niolas, and I was around quite a bit more than the other council members when you were around. At least, when our times matched, I was there, they weren't. Oh well, I liked how you played it, not needing anyone, just kinda on your own, thats cool. I can't really say much now, but I'll say things when Dryzzel is dead. anyway, sorry you got bored, and I'm sure that whole lich quest thing must have drove you nuts.

later,
Dryzzel

Niolas (Guest)Thu 22-Jan-04 11:06 PM

#24074, "Sorry pal"
In response to Reply #7

Not what I disliked you.
Just you did not exactly stood out of the crowd of Imperial warriors.

Though one time when you volunteered to be a bait for Sylvans gave me chuckle. Remember... About three mins before reboot and we went to reraid. Turned to be something like - invoker/2 druids/warrior/ranger were waiting for us there.

And for your benefit out of all counsil members I saw you most.

Good luck

DugruainFri 23-Jan-04 04:09 AM
Member since 04th Mar 2003
71 posts
#24080, "Did not know you, but..."
In response to Reply #11

I think this post could be indicative of why you didn't get a
response on your lich quest.

Dugruain

Xan (Guest)Fri 23-Jan-04 04:15 AM

#24081, "I would have to agree nt"
In response to Reply #9

nt

Kardok (Guest)Sat 24-Jan-04 06:22 AM

#24119, "Well, your the first one to tell me I suck, heh"
In response to Reply #11

Regardless, I though you did a good job.

Jaalek (Guest)Thu 22-Jan-04 06:35 PM

#24063, "RE: (DELETED) [EMPIRE] Niolas the Spectre, Elite Imperi..."
In response to Reply #0

You always seemed to escape somehow or another (or you would smirk and word). And you also always seemed to be summoning me away whenever I was trying to regear or do something important. Was fun the little rp we had.

Top General Discussions The Battlefield Topic #24049 Previous topic | Next topic