Subject: "(AGE DEATH) [None] Gilleonoir the Hand of the Unseen" Previous topic | Next topic
Printer-friendly copy Email this topic to a friend CF Website
Top General Discussions The Battlefield Topic #23989
Show all folders

Death_AngelWed 21-Jan-04 10:56 PM
Member since 30th Sep 2024
17192 posts
Click to send email to this author Click to send private message to this author Click to view this author's profile Click to add this author to your buddy list
#23989, "(AGE DEATH) [None] Gilleonoir the Hand of the Unseen"

Wed Jan 21 21:53:09 2004

At 4 o'clock PM, Day of Freedom, 11th of the Month of the Grand Struggle
on the Theran calendar Gilleonoir perished, never to return.

Race:svirfnebli
Class:thief
Level:51
Alignment:Neutral
Ethos:Neutral
Cabal:None, None
Hours:521

Alert | IP Printer Friendly copy | Reply | Reply with quote | Top

CassmanWed 21-Jan-04 11:44 PM
Member since 04th Mar 2003
257 posts
Click to send email to this author Click to send private message to this author Click to view this author's profile Click to add this author to your buddy list Click to send message via AOL IM
#23995, "A long road, with a sudden dead end."
In response to Reply #0

The last (AFAIK) of the Old Style thieves is finally gone. My playing times came and went, but no matter what else I did, I'd always come back to Gill, time and time again. I never really lost interest in him, I'd just get a sudden urge to play something else for a bit. It was always surprising friends and foes alike with the Double Backstab.

Friends and Foes:
I had many, many Friends in life, I had a list at one time, but it's disappeared somewhere. Foes were very few, long term ones anyways. I usually made friends with them in the end, even the Ragers that I tormented day in and out for no reason other than they were easy marks. I didn't do much Pk, preferred the Merchant role more than Warrior. It was nice to have people calling to me asking for what goodies I had to trade all the time. Don't think I ever died one on one, always to a group, and I could always look back and see where I could have gotten out of it, but you die and you learn.

I wish I still had my Friends list. I made many, and appreciated every one of them, it got hard looking at 'who' and not seeing anything highlighted in blue(friends), there weren't too many thieves about anymore either. I recall there used to be 20 or more Neothieves all the time, but the tide ebbs and flows, I suppose.

This almost feels like an epitaph for myself, because I played him as myself in many, many ways. It is definetly a little piece of me gone in some ways, but don't let your purse strings get too loose just yet...

I spent almost all of my younger days gathering coins and practicing, as you can see in the skills list. I never wrote a role, although I kept thinking of Bilbo and seeing me write one in my older days, but the older days were shorter than I thought. Indeed.

I never had intentions on the Kingpin, though I had kind of hoped it would be given to me anyway, kind of a reward for doing what you would do anyway, without telling everyone you're doing it. But I guess my sporadic playing of late, fades some of the legacy I hope I built. I was always happy to be seen as an Elder thief (Master Thief some said), with words of wisdom and a few coins to give out as needed. I had the ear of more than a couple of the Kingpins, and one (surprisingly) even asked my permission to persue the title. That's the kind of respect that I most appreciated, and tried to be worthy of.

Any Real Old School thieves out there...It was more than fun, it was a Brotherhood.

The real addictiveness to this 'game' is the people that you form relationships with. Friends or Foes, Immortal or Newbie, you put part of yourself in it, and it becomes part of you.

*sagenod*

-Cassman-

Parcan (Guest)Thu 22-Jan-04 05:50 AM

#24013, "You were one of Parcan's favorite people"
In response to Reply #1

I don't really know why, just sometimes you find someone you really like to interact with, and you were that person, so well played. I had no idea you were that old when I was giving you crap about it being time for you to hero.

Guddomelig (Guest)Thu 22-Jan-04 10:08 AM

#24017, "RE: A long road, with a sudden dead end."
In response to Reply #1

I remember first meeting you as Corthy, it seemed you were following me around east of Arkham for some reason. I kept from camo to see if you would attack or steal from me, but you never did. I remember people on CB telling me to be careful because you were the last thief with dual backstab.

I don't remember interacting with you much as Guddomelig, I think we might have ranked together once or twice. Very thoughtful goodbye and well done

Theaus (Guest)Thu 22-Jan-04 11:56 AM

#24026, "RE: A long road, with a sudden dead end."
In response to Reply #1

Bout time you died you old fart, seriously tho, well done, you were one of the few thieves that were any worth to the guild back in the day, remember constantly trying to beat you on the donation board and never pulling it of. Well played and see you in the fields.

hrm (Guest)Fri 23-Jan-04 03:42 PM

#24097, "RE: A long road, with a sudden dead end."
In response to Reply #1

Master thief... Sad day.

A great loss for the guild indeed. You
always were cool and extremely helpfull
to other thieves. A big asset to us.
You helped me around quite alot when
i was new, my thanks.

Rest well, Master thief.

Galanis / Faliro

Top General Discussions The Battlefield Topic #23989 Previous topic | Next topic