Subject: "(DELETED) [FORTRESS] Guddomelig the Protector of Faith,..." Previous topic | Next topic
Printer-friendly copy Email this topic to a friend CF Website
Top General Discussions The Battlefield Topic #23867
Show all folders

Death_AngelMon 19-Jan-04 09:28 PM
Member since 30th Sep 2024
17192 posts
Click to send email to this author Click to send private message to this author Click to view this author's profile Click to add this author to your buddy list
#23867, "(DELETED) [FORTRESS] Guddomelig the Protector of Faith, Acolyte of the Golden Sun"

Mon Jan 19 20:27:47 2004

At 1 o'clock PM, Day of Thunder, 3rd of the Month of the Great Evil
on the Theran calendar Guddomelig perished, never to return.

Race:half-elf
Class:healer
Level:51
Alignment:Good
Ethos:Neutral
Cabal:FORTRESS, the Fortress of Light
Hours:321

Alert | IP Printer Friendly copy | Reply | Reply with quote | Top

Reply RE: Goodbye, Guddomelig (Guest), 21-Jan-04 11:04 AM, #2
Reply RE: Goodbye, Vorondel (Guest), 21-Jan-04 12:40 PM, #3
Reply RE: Goodbye, Guddomelig (Guest), 23-Jan-04 09:10 AM, #4
     Reply RE: Goodbye, Leaf1 (Guest), 23-Jan-04 09:51 AM, #5
Reply Goodbye, Gwy (Guest), 24-Jan-04 05:49 AM, #6
Reply RE: Goodbye, Lariya (Guest), 25-Jan-04 12:21 AM, #7
Reply You were smoove, Obaznuk, 25-Jan-04 12:21 AM, #8
Reply Sure..., Vethna (Guest), 28-Jan-04 12:08 AM, #9
Reply the one man army bites it?, Bajula, 20-Jan-04 04:52 AM, #1

Guddomelig (Guest)Wed 21-Jan-04 11:04 AM

#23944, "RE: Goodbye"
In response to Reply #0

I made Guddo with the soul intent of getting into the Acolytes and getting him kicked out. His views were close to that of an Acolyte but he had a strong sense of 'motherly" love and protection over the Light. He did not believe in peace, but war just as much as the Maran. However, he seen his place as a true "shield" in battle. To offer support in anyway possible to triumph over the darkness and protect the good at all costs. I made his behavior somewhat aggressive, wholey expecting to be ousted from the Fortress for being such. However, I tempered my wrath, as it were, because I made some good friends.
I had a somewhat decent time with Guddo. His career was kind of lackluster. He had some shining moments and some dreary/dull ones, but who doesn't? I deleted out of sheer loss of caring. I no longer have the "oomph" needed to play him or CF for right now. Besides, I was running out of friends in the Fortress and I was too lazy to make new ones. Heres to those who made it worth while:

Jaedren, Guddo's best friend. You made things interesting and were just plain fun. You kept the game fresh even though your speaking manner wasn't the most...I dunno, paladin like! Thanks for a great time, pal.

Vorondel was close to Guddo even though they never saw eye to eye. In fact, I was thinking of having Guddo develop something personal against you, but I thought it would be more fun to have you as a friend. You helped me out greatly many many times over and were fun to talk to.

Illademn was another close friend. We would often adventure together and help each other out with eq. Your scouting was very helpful.

Tcatama was another enjoyable partner in crime and a mean warrior. I loved seeing your name on the list for I knew fun would be at hand. That goes for Rhual, Skallgrim, Lariya, Rogardian so on so forth

Obaznuk my favorite durned sparrow in all the game. You were very fun and one heck of a killer, mate. Well done and cheers!

Choranek, I enjoyed playing with you when I played Corthy and even more so as Guddo. You were the only warder I liked and am glad you made Imm. Was happy to help you find those quest items you were looking for.

Gwyythinniel, you were fun to adventure with and a very competent bard. Except for the stench you were really cute! Sorry for grabbing your arse that one time.

Amaranthe, only had one single immteraction in my entire life and that was when you blessed me. I prayed to you quite a bit in my 300+ hours but never heard a lick from you. I am sure you had good reason, I just hope I didn't dissapoint you.

Gorthalon, you were a long lasting Char. I interacted with you as Kalmah and as Corthy both. And now as Guddo, you almost outlasted this char too! Well done and a good warrior you were.

I am forgetting many VIPs, but you know how these things go. Sorry if I forgot you.

Signing out,
The one man army

Vorondel (Guest)Wed 21-Jan-04 12:40 PM

#23959, "RE: Goodbye"
In response to Reply #2

I made Guddo with the soul intent of getting into the Acolytes and getting him kicked out.

Well, this wasn't going to happen (from me at least) with the way you played Guddo. You were a good Acolyte, with a unique perspective. A true protector, with a focus on serving at the front of battle. I think we disagreed on many points, and while I had the feeling you were trying to be a flawed Acolyte (which is cool), you generally kept on the right track and never gave me true reasons to even consider kicking you out

The thing that bothered me was you deliberately breaking the policy of non agression and entering the Empire cabal a few times. But I spoke with you and you stopped doing this (I think) completely. And Vorondel forgives easily.

In fact, I was thinking of having Guddo develop something personal against you, but I thought it would be more fun to have you as a friend.

Vorondel enjoys very much confronting his ideas with others. So I guess in a sense, we could have been friends while at the same time disagreeing on some points. In fact this pretty much describes the relationship we had. You would have had a hard time trying to lose my friendship, anyway

Well done One Man, good luck with your next.

Vorondel

Guddomelig (Guest)Fri 23-Jan-04 09:10 AM

#24086, "RE: Goodbye"
In response to Reply #3

Yeah, I have never been one for cut and dry characters. Being a flawed Acolyte would have made the story more interesting. However, it was an OOC thing, Guddo would never compromise his beliefs and purposefully endeavor to be kicked from his home.

The main thing that realled irked me was the fact that we could not enter enemy grounds not even a step to help a dying comrade. That was something I had trouble dealing with, but I did most of the time. Admittely, sometimes I would sneak in really quick, offer a healer, and hottail it back out. I was actually really close to asking you to release me from my oaths so I could better help the Fortress, but I lost interest in Guddo first. Protect well, Cardinal )

Leaf1 (Guest)Fri 23-Jan-04 09:51 AM

#24087, "RE: Goodbye"
In response to Reply #4

Man oh man if Vorondel saw me running in there with Gorthalon, he would have had a fit. I remember sitting at the entrance to the Palace with you while our raiders were getting beasted. I was really debating not going in, as I thought you *might* get upset with me for it, but I finally just did it, only to help kill the inner guardians after rescuing whoever it was.

Gorthalon liked you a lot, because your attitude was a fair bit like mine. A warrior that is also an Acolyte isn't too hard, but it isn't easy either. We both liked to fight, and we would never hesitate to muck it up with people.

I had no idea you played Kalmah. That was a really long time ago. You got me to join the Empire, then I became an Acolyte. Go figure.

Great interactions with you, roll another one when the time is right. I'm in England right now, and sadly, I don't have the time to play my current char. Not that I am sure I want to just yet, as there are many fine women here who all seem to like drinking copious amounts of alcohol. It makes things interesting.

Good luck with the next, whenever it might happen.

Gwy (Guest)Sat 24-Jan-04 05:49 AM

#24118, "Goodbye"
In response to Reply #2

Heh.. That has been a while ! I was already wondering where you went off to.. I still remember you because of two things: you joined me in the game of namecalling, as well as 'with' me as 'against' me .. and because of THE mask, which you were supposed to guard .. Anyways, sorry to see you go, I'm sure you would have made new friends in the Fort

Gwyythinniel

Lariya (Guest)Sun 25-Jan-04 12:21 AM

#24132, "RE: Goodbye"
In response to Reply #2

I could have seen you fullfilling getting kicked out. You were a lot more aggressive than I thought an Acolyte should have been. It's kind of cool that you went in with that intent though. We had some fun times. I think with you gone, we don't have any healers in the Fort at all.

ObaznukSun 25-Jan-04 12:21 AM
Member since 27th Oct 2003
158 posts
Click to send email to this author Click to send private message to this author Click to view this author's profile Click to add this author to your buddy list Click to send message via AOL IM
#24133, "You were smoove"
In response to Reply #2

Excellent job. It was rare to catch you on but when you did show, you were consistent and a really rock solid healer. As I recall, we usually made a good team too.
Obaznuk

Vethna (Guest)Wed 28-Jan-04 12:08 AM

#24178, "Sure..."
In response to Reply #2

Sure forget me! See if I care!

Well played, always enjoyed fighting with you... haven't played CF in months, hmmm... seeing people delete makes me want to play again!

BajulaTue 20-Jan-04 04:52 AM
Member since 04th Mar 2003
929 posts
Click to send email to this author Click to send private message to this author Click to view this author's profile Click to add this author to your buddy list
#23876, "the one man army bites it?"
In response to Reply #0

oh you were so awesome. what was it? boredom? something else?

Top General Discussions The Battlefield Topic #23867 Previous topic | Next topic