Subject: "(CON LOSS) [BATTLE] Sardinthal Tathiel, Purified by the..." Previous topic | Next topic
Printer-friendly copy Email this topic to a friend CF Website
Top General Discussions The Battlefield Topic #23722
Show all folders

Death_AngelWed 14-Jan-04 11:12 PM
Member since 30th Sep 2024
17192 posts
Click to send email to this author Click to send private message to this author Click to view this author's profile Click to add this author to your buddy list
#23722, "(CON LOSS) [BATTLE] Sardinthal Tathiel, Purified by the Phoenix, Drillmaster of Battle"

Wed Jan 14 22:10:18 2004

At 2 o'clock AM, Day of Deception, 16th of the Month of the Winter Wolf
on the Theran calendar Sardinthal perished, never to return.

Race:arial
Class:warrior
Level:51
Alignment:Neutral
Ethos:Neutral
Cabal:BATTLE, the BattleRagers, Haters of Magic
Hours:303

Alert | IP Printer Friendly copy | Reply | Reply with quote | Top

Reply RE: (CON LOSS) [BATTLE] Sardinthal Tathiel, Purified by..., Charade, 15-Jan-04 01:41 AM, #1
     Reply RE: (CON LOSS) [BATTLE] Sardinthal Tathiel, Purified by..., Kackrik (Guest), 15-Jan-04 08:21 AM, #2
     Reply I was right!, Dryzzel, 15-Jan-04 10:09 AM, #3
     Reply Thanks for the kind words, Jinroh (Guest), 15-Jan-04 10:12 AM, #4
     Reply RE: (CON LOSS) [BATTLE] Sardinthal Tathiel, Purified by..., Baielko (Guest), 15-Jan-04 10:50 AM, #5
     Reply I had a lot of respect for you., Kelrizza (Guest), 15-Jan-04 12:30 PM, #6
     Reply RE: (CON LOSS) [BATTLE] Sardinthal Tathiel, Purified by..., Aiekooso, 15-Jan-04 01:37 PM, #7
     Reply Aiekooso, Charade, 15-Jan-04 07:22 PM, #10
          Reply RE: Aiekooso, Aiekooso, 15-Jan-04 07:26 PM, #11
     Reply RE: (CON LOSS) [BATTLE] Sardinthal Tathiel, Purified by..., Jaalek (Guest), 15-Jan-04 02:05 PM, #8
     Reply RE: (CON LOSS) [BATTLE] Sardinthal Tathiel, Purified by..., Etarekoth (Guest), 15-Jan-04 05:16 PM, #9
     Reply Tips on Rot/Wither..., Asty (Guest), 15-Jan-04 09:18 PM, #12
     Reply RE: Tips on Rot/Wither..., Charade, 15-Jan-04 11:02 PM, #13
     Reply Sad to see you go, and the luck wishes are much needed,..., Elspeth (Guest), 16-Jan-04 10:40 AM, #14
     Reply Rest well, you deserve it, Juktar (Guest), 17-Jan-04 07:23 AM, #15

CharadeThu 15-Jan-04 01:41 AM
Member since 04th Mar 2003
120 posts
Click to send private message to this author Click to view this author's profile Click to add this author to your buddy list
#23729, "RE: (CON LOSS) [BATTLE] Sardinthal Tathiel, Purified by..."
In response to Reply #0

What a long, great road. I made Sard, like normal, when my druid Drindin was becoming boring. Just to play around with, nothing serious. Then of course, I Got to playing him more and more and since I hadn't had a rager in 4 or so years thought sure. Once I got in I couldn't stop and just had a blast. Wrote up a role of an arial that thought he was an elf shapechanged by a mage early in his life but in truth he was just crazy. Got my title through a quest at hour 92. Lost my specs and Legacy choices. Got them around hour 158 or so. I got flourentine and Crossdown from my sword, Strip and Eyejab with my flail. Died at hour 303 with just those specs so if any of you are thinking, what a newb, he could have killed me if he (insert Flurry, choke, entwine) now you know, I didn't have them. I tried to keep that a secret in character so my enemies didn't know I had such a big weakness. Not sure if it worked or mattered. And with my meager pk skills, I bought the farm ALOT. I took Whirlwind and Chilling as my Legacies just because I was getting my ass kicked so bad I was trying to stop the free flowing of my blood. Whirlwind seemed ok, I think I hit a touch more with it, so all in all I was happy.

THE GOOD:

Defenders: Defenders rock as a Villager. I am soooo happy I got talked into playing one because, like almost everyone, I wanted to be a berserker. Props to Sabiene and Slath for taking me this direction.

Imms: I got incredible Immeraction with this character. And a great quest. Far and away my most successful in the 8 years I've played. Thank you.

Title/Leadership: Not my first titled character but my first "leader" one. Tried to do a decent job. Also the first Rites I ever took part in. A real blast.

THE BAD:

Rot: THe healthiest of dwarves can't live through this without con gear and coupled with the Largest (I think) -str spell its just to hard to gear against them. Gear for strength, get rotted, and its almost certain death for a rager. I just think the the Timer is too high on this spell. 15 to 20 hours still makes it quite viable and less susceptable for people to rot and run. But, I could be completely off here.

Arial Defenders: Probably the hardest class to play as a defender. Three HUGE vulnerbilities and no way of avoiding area spells. Pretty much invoker meat. Meet a halfways competant invoker and your in for trouble. No complaint with game balance, I just chose a rough road for myself.

FAREWELLS:
If I forget anyone, forgive me. Write me and I'll be happy to reply. I'll skip some of you if I wrote something on your battlefied post

Imms:
Beroxxus: Thats for a FANTASIC quest. You really defined this character and made him fun to play. Those four days to reach the conclusion were long days for me since I couldn't wait to get home and play.

Shokai: The other half, thanks for the title and the amazing roleplay. Top notch.

Sabiene: My interview with you was fantastic. You took on alot for a while and were always there for conversation. Thanks.

Village:
Juktar: I learned more from adventuring with you than the 8 years I've been playing I think. A fantastic character. I loved adventuring with you.

Slathigern: My mentor and friend. You taught me everything about being a defender. Great role.

Zhelrantix: I respected you most, bear. Sorry I couldn't stay longer. Your a fine leader and a beast of a fighter. Take care of my boys.

Zylundak: The perfect Commander. A great interview and induction and the first one to give me a leadership role. I thank you for that. Great character.

Baielko: I had forgotten how good your roleplay was until I went over some of my logs. I think you were the berserker version of me with specs. Well done.

Muhryl: Bah, you had leadership potential then you up and delete. Always the voice of reason, I loved having you around.

Vex: Hard to play a mute and a defender. You do both admirably. My hat goes off to you.

Jinroh:I said in my note that you were the most impressive applicant I had ever seen. You have leader written all over you. Keep up the great work.

and finally.....
Kackrik: Dear God. You were a blessing to have in the village and a curse and pain in the ass to try to lead and keep in line. By far my favorite character. The times you had me laughing at my keyboard were uncountable. A great role that never breaks even if it doesn't go along with the Village or leaders. I'm glad you didn't leave after the Rites.

The rest of the Village: Stay strong, you guys may be in for some rough times, but thats what makes it fun.

Scion: It takes balls to play a Scion right now. Hats off to all for that.

Etarekoth: My favorite scion to fight and a deadly assassin. When you are on I completely change my playing and patterns as did the rest of the Village which is the best compliment I can give. Well done.

Ilivara: Strong. You had me laughing when I fell and you just yelled "NEXT" as you mowed through the battle. And I always knew where to find my equipment when I died.

Ghushioc: A deadly opponent and good enemy. Stayed and fought most of the time instead of just rot and run.

Careron: A good bard and a great role idea that you were going for. Wish you would have stayed around longer.

Imperial:
Naj: Nice assassinate. You got the only one.

Mahomet: Thanks for the roleplay and for not making me feel any more stupid for the "newb" maneuver I pulled. My embarassment was as deep as my foolishness.

Niolas: The little RP we had was enough to know that I liked your character.

Dryzzel: Wish we had a chance to fight more, but you got the last kill. Well done.

Tribunal:
Kelrizza: Dear Lord. By far, the most dangerous invoker I have ever seen. I think you just got tired of killing me. It got to the Point that I just hoped I could make it a respectable fight. When Lash, bash, and trip are your only lag options, and I fight you, I know I'm screwed. You were my most fought opponent. You didn't just spam pillar, you used everything and won. Great character with great roleplay. My deepest respect. It was priceless when you asked the Village for an written appology.

Uncabaled:
Pxohlin: We fought alot in my younger days. You weren't just a gang banger And I respected that. Wish you would have stayed.

Elspeth: I enjoyed our talk and hope things work out for you.

Kei....something the orc: Sometimes its the little RP out of nowhere that stands out. You had me rolling when you said you gave Rahno elf blood and you wanted to become a scout. But then remembered you used magic and I told you I was an Elf. Well done.

Woopooga: I don't know whether it was your role to lie and attack ragers to become hunted or you really just got sick of being attacked and started wooping ass. Either way, you've got a great character going. A real beast. Good job.

All in all, I love to come home and loose myself for a couple of hours. Thank you to the Imms who do this for free and for little props. Your keeping people sane. And thats to the playerbase for giving me such enjoyment. I'm sending a donation your way and would like to have Sardithal on the Premium battlefield. Although I shudder at my PK ratio.

Kackrik (Guest)Thu 15-Jan-04 08:21 AM

#23734, "RE: (CON LOSS) [BATTLE] Sardinthal Tathiel, Purified by..."
In response to Reply #1

Thanks alot for the compliment. I always enjoyed seeing Sardinthal around, even if I knew he didn't have two of the most important skills in the game: entwine and flurry (like honestly, who picks a sword spec for jab?). I remember ranking with you and Sharnd when Kackrik was young. If you would really like to know, the fact that you ran off to die in front of two anti paladins and a transmuter showed Kackrik what the Village was initially about. Your persistence in the face of adversity was what drove him to become the way he is. I thought the elf bird thing was completely retarded in a healthy way and of course, I drove it down with the insults every single time I could

A great character with the problems he faced. Con loss on an Arial defender without its most important skills!? Be proud of yourself, that is a great accomplishment! Kackrik truely did consider you a friend (one of the few, believe me), even if he did whomp your ass every duel he could. He was certainly proud to fight alongside you every step of the way. WORD. See you on your next, you'll make a Villager! *shakefist*

DryzzelThu 15-Jan-04 10:09 AM
Member since 04th Nov 2003
68 posts
Click to send email to this author Click to send private message to this author Click to view this author's profile Click to add this author to your buddy list
#23736, "I was right!"
In response to Reply #1

I told the others you were still alive, but i didn't know I was your last death. Man, I was looking forward to this war in some ways, because I think the true test of a rager is how they do without their head. I'm not a prep whore, and I always try to give a fair fight, so I love fighting ragers one on one. However, resist is typically too much to go through and win. I didn't know Vexoffesz was mute, no wonder Kackrik never came to his rescue. he is a tough opponent, and we had a fun fight yesterday in my opinion. Perhaps Dryzzel will have to speak to him a bit more in the future. Whoever said that the Village would destroy the Empire was certainly doing drugs. No offense to all of you guys, but all of you are dieing of con loss or just deleting, and thats a bad sign for the near future of the Village. Anyway, I wish we had more chances to interract as well. I think it would have been interesting. However, until this war, I never really had any reason to care about ragers, and now I just hunt them. With a few exceptions of course, one being a certain rager I helped rank most of his life. Oh well, we will see what we will see!

Later,
Dryzzel

Jinroh (Guest)Thu 15-Jan-04 10:12 AM

#23737, "Thanks for the kind words"
In response to Reply #1

I don't know about leader, but I'll do my best to keep the village alive during this rough time. I never did get to see you fight much but I did enjoy our interviews. Return to the fold, for the fold needs you.

Baielko (Guest)Thu 15-Jan-04 10:50 AM

#23739, "RE: (CON LOSS) [BATTLE] Sardinthal Tathiel, Purified by..."
In response to Reply #1

Your quest was sweet as hell, I'll always remeber standing next to you right by shok, giving Obazank the business aswell. I think the most time we spent was during those days, the pre-hero days. We must have spent hours killing those god damn skeletal warriors, was good strip practice.

Well done, and good luck with your next.
Baielko

Kelrizza (Guest)Thu 15-Jan-04 12:30 PM

#23741, "I had a lot of respect for you."
In response to Reply #1

You're right. A defender arial doesn't have a whole lot going for them against invokers. They have no protection against area spells. On the other hand, a defender can survive certain spells better than any other rager.

Most of the villagers I didn't think much of. But you fought well, often and bravely and you were rarely a pushover. For that you had my respect.
It came to the point where I generally wouldn't attack you unless you struck me first not because I felt pity, but because I respected you.

AiekoosoThu 15-Jan-04 01:37 PM
Member since 18th Dec 2003
305 posts
Click to send email to this author Click to send private message to this author Click to add this author to your buddy list
#23743, "RE: (CON LOSS) [BATTLE] Sardinthal Tathiel, Purified by..."
In response to Reply #1

We battled twice before you died, but you seemed like a pretty stand up guy and looked forward to a coule of more. Good luck.

CharadeThu 15-Jan-04 07:22 PM
120 posts
Click to send private message to this author Click to view this author's profile Click to add this author to your buddy list
#23750, "Aiekooso"
In response to Reply #7

We didn't fight enough, wish I could have stayed longer. Your little jabs at the end of our raid had me grinning. Seems like you have a good character going. And you certainly sent me running. Well done

AiekoosoThu 15-Jan-04 07:26 PM
Member since 18th Dec 2003
305 posts
Click to send email to this author Click to send private message to this author Click to add this author to your buddy list
#23751, "RE: Aiekooso"
In response to Reply #10

Yea, I knew they showed up seperate, but I thought it would get at you.

Jaalek (Guest)Thu 15-Jan-04 02:05 PM

#23744, "RE: (CON LOSS) [BATTLE] Sardinthal Tathiel, Purified by..."
In response to Reply #1

Was always a pleasure having you around to heal me after I got my ass handed to me or when I was training. You fit the role of Drillmaster extremely well in my opinion. And im gonna a gree with kackrik. Make another Villager or else <insert menacing something er rather>

Etarekoth (Guest)Thu 15-Jan-04 05:16 PM

#23747, "RE: (CON LOSS) [BATTLE] Sardinthal Tathiel, Purified by..."
In response to Reply #1

>Etarekoth: My favorite scion to fight and a deadly assassin. When you are on I completely change my playing and patterns as did the rest of the Village which is the best compliment I can give. Well done.

Well, I have to give you mad props for sticking it out, firstly without any specs and then with only partial specs. You were also one of my favourite ragers to fight, mainly because I had some sort of chance against you in open combat Oh, I can't believe that I never landed on you, but that's how it goes, can't hit them all. Also, very nice work with the wingsweep yesterday, very nice man I wasn't expecting that.

Cheers,
Etarekoth.

Asty (Guest)Thu 15-Jan-04 09:18 PM

#23752, "Tips on Rot/Wither..."
In response to Reply #1

>>Rot: THe healthiest of dwarves can't live through this without con gear and coupled with the Largest (I think) -str spell its just to hard to gear against them. Gear for strength, get rotted, and its almost certain death for a rager. I just think the the Timer is too high on this spell. 15 to 20 hours still makes it quite viable and less susceptable for people to rot and run. But, I could be completely off here.

Having to fight shamans almost my entire life with my one character, as a warrior fist of the titan will save you. You can still hold a total of about 15 pounds even with 3 strength. Also gear for save versus spell many times I'd get hit for rot and it would be like -1 con for 20 hours and at the very most it would drop down to -8 con that was with about -60 svs spell. So providing you had about 12 con you'd live through it. Also with -60 svs spell most withers would land for only like -5 or -10 str.

Just my tips if you make another warrior and you have some trouble with shamans. I hope it helps.

CharadeThu 15-Jan-04 11:02 PM
120 posts
#23753, "RE: Tips on Rot/Wither..."
In response to Reply #12

Thanks. Seems I misunderstood the spells and ALWAYS missed my saves because it was quite harsh against me. I had good saves too. Strange. Anyways good info. Thanks.

Elspeth (Guest)Fri 16-Jan-04 10:40 AM

#23784, "Sad to see you go, and the luck wishes are much needed,..."
In response to Reply #1

Juktar (Guest)Sat 17-Jan-04 07:23 AM

#23804, "Rest well, you deserve it"
In response to Reply #1

Juktar had a ton of respect for you - taking one on the chin for the village, losing your specs, and eventually gaining some back. You were always willing to trudge into battle despite your handicap and for the most part, did pretty well regardless. Kudos to a well played character.

Top General Discussions The Battlefield Topic #23722 Previous topic | Next topic