Subject: "Dead" Previous topic | Next topic
Printer-friendly copy Email this topic to a friend CF Website
Top General Discussions The Battlefield Topic #23607
Show all folders

Guardlon (Guest)Tue 13-Jan-04 05:35 PM

#23607, "Dead"
Edited on Tue 13-Jan-04 04:11 AM

Pity. The Vassagon thing was really cool, in my opinion, but I never got any sort of imm response, not even a whisper on the wind. Total zero. That, coupled with the fact that pretty much everyone fights me three against one, or some - hello *snip* - won't even fight alone when I don't even have the head, just made it a waste of time. I had hoped it was just with correllia, but I guess not. People are just losers.

Standouts on the good side were Sardinthal, again. Jormundgaand (I think I know who you are, feel free to email me at loborguz@hotmail.com and I'll confirm with you and tell you what you can do to prevent others from catching on) also very good. Zhelrantix good, but too earnest. Ease up. Stop trying to be what you think is leaderly and just lead. I think you're doing fine. Murhyl, I feel vindicated from Kastellyn's note. Same to you Kackrik. Suck it up and admit you're wrong (as you were about sooooo many things. Not going to get into it here). Having met Muhryl when you were a wee applicant I have to say I'm a bit disappointed in your rp decline. You were all about the chef rp when you were in your aughts and your teens, but now I never hear it. In all the hours we were on together. It's a shame because it looked good back then. Jinroh, I see big things for you. Sharidum, loved ya. Fun guy to have around.

Most others didn't impress me - and *snip* you were a scum sucking toad. You stole from villagers' corpses, you lied and you cheated. And you were ooc all the time and couldn't rp your way out of a wet paper bag. I'm sorry but you're the only one I really feel like I need to comment negatively about directly. You would talk ooc on the cabal channel, you would loot a villager who died defending and keep equ and lie about it, you would just do everything wrong. And you only came to try and help me at the end because you knew it was your last death and you wanted to go out in glory. Unfortunately in character I had to just accept that and send the note that I did. But inside I was seething at the irony.

I think it's time for a mage. It's been years. I just wish I knew where any rods or wands are. Not knowing where to find barrier shield or aura may be a problem. We'll see.

Hey, Zulgh, I just made a pretty hefty donation. Ask Bolt. Think five bucks of that can be used to put Guardlon up on the premium battlefield? Thanks.

Mark, known to you people as Graatch.

Alert | IP Printer Friendly copy | Reply | Reply with quote | Top

Reply RE: Dead, Jaalek (Guest), 13-Jan-04 09:08 PM, #19
Reply RE: Dead, Zulghinlour, 13-Jan-04 06:32 PM, #17
Reply RE: Dead, Guardlon (Guest), 13-Jan-04 06:38 PM, #18
Reply What the ####?, Guardlon (Guest), 13-Jan-04 04:04 PM, #10
Reply RE: What the ####?, Valguarnera, 13-Jan-04 04:21 PM, #12
     Reply Damnit, I worked hard on my reply to his reply to your ..., Vlad (Guest), 13-Jan-04 05:39 PM, #13
          Reply Please don't feed the trolls! (n/t), Valguarnera, 13-Jan-04 05:45 PM, #14
               Reply I actually thought my post was helpful. *sniff* nt, Vladamir, 13-Jan-04 06:01 PM, #15
               Reply RE: Please don't feed the trolls! (n/t), Guardlon (Guest), 13-Jan-04 06:29 PM, #16
Reply Well, I'm disappointed with your attitude, as usual, Muhryl (Guest), 13-Jan-04 09:00 AM, #4
Reply RE: Well, I'm disappointed with your attitude, as usual, Guardlon (Guest), 13-Jan-04 11:42 AM, #6
     Reply Well..., Muhryl (Guest), 13-Jan-04 11:50 AM, #8
     Reply RE: Well, I'm disappointed with your attitude, as usual, Kackrik (Guest), 13-Jan-04 03:00 PM, #9
          Reply Sometimes it's hard to seperate char knowledge and play..., Vladamir, 13-Jan-04 05:04 PM, #11
Reply RE: Dead, Sardinthal (Guest), 13-Jan-04 02:50 AM, #3
Reply RE: Dead, Kopiteous (Guest), 13-Jan-04 12:54 AM, #1
     Reply RE: Dead, Guardlon (Guest), 13-Jan-04 01:31 AM, #2
          Reply RE: Dead, sharidum (Guest), 13-Jan-04 09:14 AM, #5
               Reply Hey pal, check your glasses prescriptions. I mentioned ..., Guardlon (Guest), 13-Jan-04 11:43 AM, #7

Jaalek (Guest)Tue 13-Jan-04 09:08 PM

#23664, "RE: Dead"
In response to Reply #0

Well I know how it feels to be young and get raped. Went through it with Jaalek. I really wanted to smack you in the face for getting trapped by centurions everytime you raided causing baielko and hal to die their last deaths and dragging me and kackrik along with them. overall I liked the rp aspect as several times i was pissed I died and you stayed in char. Gl with the next

ZulghinlourTue 13-Jan-04 06:32 PM
Member since 04th Mar 2003
9792 posts
Click to send email to this author Click to send private message to this author Click to view this author's profile Click to add this author to your buddy list
#23659, "RE: Dead"
In response to Reply #0

>Hey, Zulgh, I just made a pretty hefty donation. Ask Bolt.
>Think five bucks of that can be used to put Guardlon up on the
>premium battlefield? Thanks.

I heard, and thanks for the donation.

Guardlon however didn't qualify for the Premium Battlefield as he never made level 30. He now exists only in /dev/null

So long, and thanks for all the fish!

Guardlon (Guest)Tue 13-Jan-04 06:38 PM

#23660, "RE: Dead"
In response to Reply #17

Oh well. Thanks anyway.

Is there any way to get any of his pfile to find out any information? I'm not exactly sure what dev/null means, and it sounds bad, but maybe something is retreivable.

Thanks.

Guardlon (Guest)Tue 13-Jan-04 04:04 PM

#23641, "What the ####?"
In response to Reply #0

Why are you deleting posts about dead characters? What possible rule is being violated by discussing the acts - verifyably true, I might add - of a character that is dead and on this board?? Hello??

ValguarneraTue 13-Jan-04 05:35 PM
6904 posts
Click to send email to this author Click to send private message to this author Click to add this author to your buddy list
#23642, "RE: What the ####?"
In response to Reply #10

At the time, I didn't realize the character was gone.

However, I'm not interested in seeing your threads devolve into flamewars yet again. Lay off the other players, brag about the accomplishments of your level-26-sitting-duergar-berserker-warrior, make some cocoa, and calm the #### down.

valguarnera@carrionfields.com

Vlad (Guest)Tue 13-Jan-04 05:39 PM

#23652, "Damnit, I worked hard on my reply to his reply to your ..."
In response to Reply #12

nt

ValguarneraTue 13-Jan-04 05:45 PM
6904 posts
Click to send email to this author Click to send private message to this author Click to add this author to your buddy list
#23654, "Please don't feed the trolls! (n/t)"
In response to Reply #13

Admittedly, I am curious how far he will pursue his constitutional right to flame people. I bet he's good for a couple more martyr posts.

valguarnera@carrionfields.com

VladamirTue 13-Jan-04 06:01 PM
1179 posts
Click to send email to this author Click to send private message to this author Click to view this author's profile Click to add this author to your buddy list Click to send message via AOL IM Click to send message via ICQ
#23657, "I actually thought my post was helpful. *sniff* nt"
In response to Reply #14

nt

Guardlon (Guest)Tue 13-Jan-04 06:29 PM

#23658, "RE: Please don't feed the trolls! (n/t)"
In response to Reply #14

What's interesting is you don't delete your own posts which are factually incorrect, but do delete mine, which correct yours.

Do you feel big and strong and powerful, Oz?

Muhryl (Guest)Tue 13-Jan-04 09:00 AM

#23619, "Well, I'm disappointed with your attitude, as usual"
In response to Reply #0

Quoting from below, you indict me for not admitting that I was wrong (about taking the Codex). How do you explain the fact that I got rid of it immediately after our discussion, and said that I would submit myself to the wisdom of the Lords? Maybe you're just a wee bit upset that they sided with me on the issue of paying Centurions? I don't know, Graatch, but we've interacted a lot over the years (both as friends and foes) and your attitude seems to have only gotten worse as time goes on. I always like your characters and give them a chance, and these days I can almost always tell that they are you.

But each time (although you continue to roleplay, and well at times) there is an OOC offensiveness and smugness that drips from all of your characters, manifesting itself finally in a blowup post on the Battlefield about how much everyone else sucks.

Come on, man. Get a life.

Muhryl

Guardlon (Guest)Tue 13-Jan-04 11:42 AM

#23622, "RE: Well, I'm disappointed with your attitude, as usual"
In response to Reply #4

Actually, I thought I made it clear by saying that it was Kackrik who actually gave the codex to the Destructor, and "he", meaning kackrik, was arguing over it, that you accepted what I told you. If that was not clear then I apologize. The difference is one I've commented on for many years: ignorance vs. stupidity/intractability. The former is just a lack of knowledge and is not susceptible to insult or mockery in my opinion. The latter, of course, is. You didn't know. Once you learned, you incorporated and moved in the appropriate direction, i.e. giving it back. I applauded that.

I'm sorry if it seemed I was lumping you in with Kackrik with respect to failing to accept the truth once it was presented. I only lumped you with him for the first half, that people don't know the rule about not accepting cabal items from non-villagers.

As for the rest of your comments, a lot of them do suck. I'll show the logs on dio's and you'll see what I'm talking about. I'm serious when I say people would only gang me, 95% of the time. And I wasn't a berserker, I didn't have thirst or deathblow, and I didn't even have critical hit. All I had was spellbane and resist, and not even those most of the time because I had duerg mana. Couldn't keep them up more than half the time, if that.

Get back to the chef thing, it was working for you when you were younger.

Muhryl (Guest)Tue 13-Jan-04 11:50 AM

#23625, "Well..."
In response to Reply #6

I deleted too

Yeah, I got ganged to hell most of the time. Yeah, people do suck (and I've seen a few of the logs you mention, and seen nasty stuff in-game too).

I guess I just don't feel like quibbling over it anymore, and if I agree with you about anything it's that being in ragers is just a headache all around. So many "rules" that seem arbitrary, so many different interpretations of how people are supposed to behave (although I believe this was worse when Thror was in charge).

Anyway, I'll post a more comprehensive farewell on my own thread.. I'm done with CF for good now.

Peace,
Terwin

Kackrik (Guest)Tue 13-Jan-04 03:00 PM

#23638, "RE: Well, I'm disappointed with your attitude, as usual"
In response to Reply #6

I am going to ignore your comments and flames about my character and leave them to either my death thread on this forum or a later thread. I will speak about your character, Guardlon. From the starting, I instantly got this feeling that you were a player who's played Villagers before. You were a person who had good roleplay. This, however, doesn't mean I would get along with you. You see, there is a difference between OOC knowledge and IC knowledge. Kackrik is a Duergar, as is Guardlon. When you have something of a 'veteran' Duergar seeing a young one talk fancy and with perfect English, he is immediately suspectful and wary. So, that's why I didn't want you in the Village. Not because of OOC reasons of me not liking the player behind Guardlon, but simply because my character didn't like yours.

However, I'm going to have to agree with the pack here. Ever since we began talking in game, you made it seem like I (not the character) was a complete and utter moron and didn't know a single thing. Now unless your character is Kastellyn morted back to Duergar fun, it is almost using OOC knowledge. Your character was young and inexperienced, if not away from the Village for his life. He could absoutely not know everything there was to Village policies (perhaps some of them changed?) and be able to rant on other Villagers about them. I hope your understanding what I'm saying.

The Village lost what... 6 warriors today? Man I'm gonna have some fun.. heh. Later.

VladamirTue 13-Jan-04 05:04 PM
1179 posts
Click to send email to this author Click to send private message to this author Click to view this author's profile Click to add this author to your buddy list Click to send message via AOL IM Click to send message via ICQ
#23645, "Sometimes it's hard to seperate char knowledge and play..."
In response to Reply #9

But if you look at the way CF has always been, it's strongly slanted towards veteran players. By this I don't mean they get perks or anything, I mean there are things a lot of cabals and players just EXPECT you to know, because to them it's common knowledge, and if you don't know, you're screwed.

Let me give an example. I played a villager not too too long ago. During my interview, the commander (at the time) asked a bunch of questions that would have been impossible for a non former villager to answer. Questions about names on the pillar, events in the history of the village that aren't found anywhere in the game, things of that nature. Fortunately being here since the early days of CF, and having had villagers before I knew my ####. But afterwards I was thinking, and tried to look at the interview as I would without all of the things I already knew.

If I had had to rely on looking for information from the perspective of someone who didn't already know it, I would never have been able to find out 99% of that ####. Then I considered how it would be trying to talk to a current villager and get them to "tutor" you in all that obscure junk. Know what? They're too busy playing their already caballed and killing characters, to take the time to sit and tell you the entire history of the village.

Couple this with the "let your skills go up naturally" statement we get from the imms, who say they don't want us mindlessly spamming on mobs. Thats great and I'd love to. Then you try to join a cabal, and have to have this and this and that other thing mastered before they will even talk to you. You can do it the way the imms suggest, which is fine, but suffer when it comes to joining your cabal of choice.

Now, I can't say anything currently, because I don't have any reason to interact with them IC one way or another, so I don't know the policies of the current leadership, but my comments were from a more traditional perspective. Traditionally when joining a cabal, the question "Tell me about (insert random obscure village fact here)", or "And how well have you mastered your fighting skills/casting of spells?" can make or break you.

If someone seems like they already know a lot for their "young" (characters) age, odds are they are a veteran. But I wouldn't say it's BAD for them to show they know a lot. In some instances, it's actually very much called for.

Sardinthal (Guest)Tue 13-Jan-04 02:50 AM

#23616, "RE: Dead"
In response to Reply #0

Damn. I liked this character as well and thought it a real ballsy role to take on. I was looking forward to you coming up through the Village because you seemed to have your #### together. Wished you would have stayed a little longer. GLON.

Kopiteous (Guest)Tue 13-Jan-04 12:54 AM

#23609, "RE: Dead"
In response to Reply #0

You seemed a bit stuck up - it shows in a lot of your characters. Not that I mind, you just come across that way. Sorry you didn't stick it out.

Guardlon (Guest)Tue 13-Jan-04 01:31 AM

#23612, "RE: Dead"
In response to Reply #1

You want to know what the problem is, honestly? Really? People are just idiots sometimes and when you tell them how they are wrong - usually nicely, mind you - they want to fight and argue rather than just accept it.

Point in case: both kackrik and muhryl took the codex from flarkle - ####ing flarkle of all people! - and kackrik even gave the codex to the destructor. Now what was I supposed to do, just ignore it? It was wrong by every possible villager standard, it's been wrong for years, it's been villager policy for years, and he just wouldn't listen. After explaining it nicely, it just devolves.

This sort of thing happens all the time. Maybe it's just that I've been around longer than most, or played villagers more than most or whatever, but I happen to know more than most about some things, and so when someone does something just absurdly outside acceptable behavior, something which imms have constantly written notes about and explaining, etc., it's not like you can just sit back and let it go. It's wrong, it's bad rp for them to be contradicting millenia of villager history and tradition and policy, yada yada yada. Perfect example: no matter how many times it's explained, no matter how many times it's repeated, no matter how many times it's come up, people just don't get it into their thick skulls that you aren't allowed to go and fight in the circle to resolve a dispute unless there is an elder present. And if the dispute is between elders, then an imm must be there. And yet somehow with every character of mine in the village it comes up and I have to spend hours on the cabal channel instructing people. How could a villager who knows the truth and knows proper village behavior not do so? It would tarnish all who were ever there before.

Anyway, outside of those instances, I don't think my chars are stuck up. I just think people are very upset when they are faced with honesty, or faced with being wrong. And I recognize the irony of that statement. But it's not ironic because when I'm confronted and it's demonstrated I'm wrong, I always admit it and say I didn't know that or whatever.

There you have it.

sharidum (Guest)Tue 13-Jan-04 09:14 AM

#23620, "RE: Dead"
In response to Reply #2

sure no love for the mino... i just con died so I will put it all up on my own goodbye note when I get the time peace out...

Guardlon (Guest)Tue 13-Jan-04 11:43 AM

#23623, "Hey pal, check your glasses prescriptions. I mentioned ..."
In response to Reply #5

Original post, second full paragraph, last line.

Top General Discussions The Battlefield Topic #23607 Previous topic | Next topic