Subject: "Aeldermaine" Previous topic | Next topic
Printer-friendly copy Email this topic to a friend CF Website
Top General Discussions The Battlefield Topic #23272
Show all folders

CaptainAverageSat 03-Jan-04 08:06 AM
Member since 04th Mar 2003
31 posts
Click to send email to this author Click to send private message to this author Click to view this author's profile Click to add this author to your buddy list
#23272, "Aeldermaine"

Since my character will autodelete in the coming weeks and won't be listed here, I wanted to say some goodbyes. I have to leave Carrionfields for a time, so I won't be able to finish my favorite character ever created.

Aeldermaine was a wood-elf with the honor sphere. I got him up to rank 34 and was ranking fairly steadily until I had to quit. I made it a point to be completely neutral about cabal wars, so never participated in any of them. Thus, I made a lot of good friends on both sides of the alignment scale. I even had a few orcs I knew I could depend on. He was a friendly and personable character, and honor meant a lot to him. He never rifled through the bodies of dead foes, with the exception of certain mob equipment and gold. While I did not expect this same courtesy from others, I did occasionally get it. He also did not believe in the divine and obstinately refused to acknowledge the existence of any of the immortals. Mere mortal trickery, he'd comment. My plan was to fully develop that spiritual side of him later on, and Lirionnael, a druid of wood-elf origin was going to be part of that, with his talk of 'omens' and such. PK-wise, I avoided battling people I did not have a beef with, and even grouped with some of the people whom had slain me in the past, noting that sometimes things must be done. As long as it were within his notion of honor, he'd do it.

A couple goodbyes:

Lirionnael - You were my favorite druid. The one Aeldermaine considered an oath brother. Would have traveled across Thera just to beat on anyone that bothered you if I got the chance. Never did avenge your death against that tribunal guard. Never got around to it.

Gretin - My favorite thief. She was smart and sassy and I enjoyed our interactions. I liked showing off my battle prowess to you. I was planning on eventually having Aeldermaine fall in love with your character, but be bound by honor to pursue a greater goal.

Keiigrahv - My favorite orc. We had that one great fight and then we were friends somewhat. Aeldermaine respected you quite a bit and was surprised at your showing of honor in battle. I remember that time our parties were hunting each other, until my party fled and I stood in the fields waiting for you. Jaereld, I think, was the assassin who led it. He had a surprise waiting for him if he ever caught up to us... heh.

Jaereld - The only assassin I did not like. You were a complete jerk, but I'm sure you meant to play him that way. No matter, the couple of times you slew me, you left most of my things. I was appreciative of that.

Hilpor - My favorite Imperial. You could fight. I enjoyed our one battle against each other and then our teaming up later to tackle the battlefield. I wanted to prove I could take blows too.

Valastrak - You were a beast in battle. I enjoyed our teaming together. You were the second most respected person I knew, right after Lirionnael. Always was nice to group with you, but didn't get to happen as often as I'd liked.

Leave anyone out? Aeldermaine was fun to play and I wish I would have gotten to finish him. Until next time, farewell!

Alert | IP Printer Friendly copy | Reply | Reply with quote | Top

Keiigrahv (Guest)Sun 11-Jan-04 12:23 PM

#23569, "Peace. Good luck with the next. (n/t)"
In response to Reply #0

nt

Lirionnael (Guest)Sat 03-Jan-04 03:47 PM

#23293, "RE: Aeldermaine"
In response to Reply #0

I kept wondering where you had gotten off to. Lirionnael had some things planned for the whole lack of recognition of the gods thing too. Ah well, it was fun the times we had together. I enjoyed seeing a wood-elf warrior for a change.
Be well.

Top General Discussions The Battlefield Topic #23272 Previous topic | Next topic