Subject: "(DELETED) [SCION] Careron the Student of History" Previous topic | Next topic
Printer-friendly copy Email this topic to a friend CF Website
Top General Discussions The Battlefield Topic #23099
Show all folders

Death_AngelSat 27-Dec-03 03:08 PM
Member since 27th Sep 2024
17186 posts
Click to send email to this author Click to send private message to this author Click to view this author's profile Click to add this author to your buddy list
#23099, "(DELETED) [SCION] Careron the Student of History"

Sat Dec 27 14:04:14 2003

At 2 o'clock PM, Day of the Bull, 22nd of the Month of the Old Forces
on the Theran calendar Careron perished, never to return.

Race:human
Class:bard
Level:45
Alignment:Evil
Ethos:Neutral
Cabal:SCION, the Scions of Eternal Night
Hours:169
PK Ratio:13% (closer to 100% is better)

Alert | IP Printer Friendly copy | Reply | Reply with quote | Top

Reply RE: (DELETED) [SCION] Careron the Student of History, Kopiteous (Guest), 29-Dec-03 12:36 PM, #10
Reply When You Don't See Me, Scrimbul, 29-Dec-03 12:46 PM, #11
Reply Okay, okay. I guess I owe some explanation., Scrimbul, 29-Dec-03 11:55 AM, #8
Reply Your cover?, Keiigrahv (Guest), 29-Dec-03 01:15 PM, #13
Reply Every time you ever saw my nightwalker before you spout..., Careron (Guest), 29-Dec-03 03:11 PM, #14
     Reply RE: Every time you ever saw my nightwalker before you s..., Zwick (Guest), 29-Dec-03 03:57 PM, #15
     Reply No idea what the orc did, but the log of you on Dio's d..., Theerkla, 29-Dec-03 04:04 PM, #16
     Reply That was after what I'm talking about, so I didn't care..., Careron (Guest), 29-Dec-03 08:00 PM, #17
          Reply Always knew I could count on you for learning., Hasbrom (Guest), 31-Dec-03 10:03 AM, #20
     Reply You're delusional., Keiigrahv (Guest), 31-Dec-03 12:36 PM, #21
Reply Well, Scion App (Guest), 30-Dec-03 12:25 AM, #18
Reply RE: Okay, okay. I guess I owe some explanation., Etarekoth (Guest), 30-Dec-03 10:54 PM, #19
Reply Well, since you mentioned me, Soucivi (Guest), 03-Jan-04 05:15 PM, #22
Reply RE: (DELETED) [SCION] Careron the Student of History, Sardinthal (Guest), 29-Dec-03 12:05 AM, #7
Reply Sad Day, Durissa (Guest), 28-Dec-03 11:28 PM, #6
Reply I always Respected you, Vly (Guest), 28-Dec-03 10:05 PM, #5
Reply Bye . . . pal. ;-), Keiigrahv (Guest), 28-Dec-03 09:59 PM, #4
Reply I hate you. I hope someone kills you quickly. nt, Scrimbul, 29-Dec-03 11:56 AM, #9
     Reply Huh?, Keiigrahv (Guest), 29-Dec-03 01:13 PM, #12
Reply RE: (DELETED) [SCION] Careron the Student of History, Brenna (Guest), 28-Dec-03 04:14 PM, #3
Reply No last thoughts Careron? (n/t), Felar serpent (Guest), 27-Dec-03 08:40 PM, #2
Reply RE: (DELETED) [SCION] Careron the Student of History, Kackrik (Guest), 27-Dec-03 08:10 PM, #1

Kopiteous (Guest)Mon 29-Dec-03 12:36 PM

#23137, "RE: (DELETED) [SCION] Careron the Student of History"
In response to Reply #0

At first, you weren't much of a threat at all. I killed you, that fire warrior and a trannie when I was just an applicant with a little effort. We fought a little more, then you got into the 40s range and became a lot more powerful. When you don't see me was a big thorn in my side whenever we'd fight. I think you only fell once or twice to me after that, and it was with help, during a raid. Solo, I had to flee more often than I'd like to admit.

Good job and good luck with youyr next. You seem to be better at this game than your brother.

ScrimbulMon 29-Dec-03 12:46 PM
Member since 22nd Apr 2003
884 posts
Click to send email to this author Click to send private message to this author Click to view this author's profile Click to add this author to your buddy list Click to send message via AOL IM Click to send message via ICQ
#23138, "When You Don't See Me"
In response to Reply #10

That song is essential to a bard's survival. It's 20 mana, one round lag, and anyone affected has a 33% chance or more to miss any action they do to a person. Since I can bust it out so many times in a short period and with so little mana cost, save versus spell isn't a really good defense. But you have to see the difference hitting 40 made for me, why I say it's essential to bardic survival. I love the bard class. It's so awesomely versatile, they can switch from mage to maladict class to generic warrior in a second. You didn't realize it, but travel tune would save my ass against dagger maladicts movement drain repeatedly.

ScrimbulMon 29-Dec-03 11:55 AM
884 posts
Click to send email to this author Click to send private message to this author Click to view this author's profile Click to add this author to your buddy list Click to send message via AOL IM Click to send message via ICQ
#23135, "Okay, okay. I guess I owe some explanation."
In response to Reply #0

I'll just say that I had my second car accident in two months, was sick and out of work for a month and failed a few of my classes, and I'm looking for a second job now because when I got back into work I'm only getting two or three days a week, high stress, low pay. And let's not forget I suffer from time management problems. Since Careron was largely just another source of my general frustration in my life due to Empire, Maran's, and the younger or dumber Rager and Rager/Imperial Blade gangs, it wasn't worth it to stick around. As a certain squirrel from illwillpress.com says in his rant, "Time for some reevaluation of one's life." So I deleted at 14 con. It was impossible to rank since Keiigrahv ####ed up my rather well played cover in my 30's. Which complicated me getting to the all important 40 for a bard's survival, and from then on my ranking for the rest of the days. I should have killed him, but never got the chance because I had my hands full with more skilled foes... you can see my PK ratio suffered badly due to the political landscape. Maran+Empire+Sylvan+Village is not fun and having all four as enemies is a formula for pure frustration, especially with ONLY nightfist and nightwalker for cabal powers. Granted, nightwalker was pretty good, an almost good replacement for frightful fiend early on, but it rarely earned me any kills. I had hoped to become regarded as a mage in the cabal hierarchy, and new songs would have been a nice tidbit but I knew those were unlikely going into this, what I hadn't anticipated was the whole ####ing world after me like a piece of meat in a dogpile. But RL got in the way and frankly I was just too pissed to continue the losing battle. I deleted at a 14 con. I'll be gone anywhere from a couple of weeks to a month, then play something far far FAR less competitive. Anyone who fought me alone knows I can hold my own solo, or defend against multiple raiders in my range. But venturing outside the cabal was dangerous. Oh, and I have a special rant for Acolyte's god awful semantics for their rules in cabal raids... Either let them raid or leave them out of it. I hated Amiwiel, Umelilin and Graedalus with a passion, so it really did make my day to watch Graedalus word from and get butchered by the weakest possible fiend ever. Something to note with future bards, all non-decked transies should fear fiend since it has no metabolism. However fiend was a real pain in the ass to land it on who I needed it most with, Ragers. I wish that the timer on fiend didn't appear if you sing it and it doesn't affect anyone, but then again I wish Tears could be sung in battle. So that's life. End rant.

Kelty, Inzae, Soucivi, Probably the most interesting female characters I have ever seen in CF in quite some time. Why all three of you had a liking to someone I had been RPing as closer to a Mr. Burns type of personality, I'll never understand. Especially since two of you were goodies. What is so appealing about a an insincere plastic smile and cold, calculating personality and an ego bigger than the danger all of his opponents combined? For the love of god, tell me!

Kackrik, Sardinthal, you two were the first, and still the best Ragers I'd ever encountered. You were most fun to fight and knew your rules of war in and out, and absolutely would not cross a line. Even the fact that I could tank you two fairly well was no garuntee that I would land a kill on you, but I definitely saw where you two would notice I was very dangerous with all my defenses plus When You Don't See Me. I really would have liked to test fiend out on more low intelligence foes quite frankly, like storm giant paladins, storm giant warriors, Duergar/fire giants, felar, etc. but the chances never came around.

Etarekoth, keep on trucking. You and I were bad ass as a team, even with all the other cabals on, if we decided we wanted someone dead, they usually died. I hope to see you get rewarded with heaps of good stuff for how kick ass you are.

Mekantos, sorry I couldn't complete the role. Would you believe I'd been praying since 30, and the only way I managed to scratch the first half of what we'd talked about was to exploit information I'd gained from an accidental bug revealing imms through wizi??? I wasn't expecting coddling, but to pray to an imm for over a month who is typically around very often and not hear a word... I really hated you that day you demanded we retrieve but that doesn't happen from you imms as often as some people say. I also appreciated much the nudges to go rank and get stronger. I just would not have survived to make it to 51 at the rate that enemies popped up, raided, attacked, hunted, and how few allies that I could and would rank with popped up. My ranking buddies that I could actually rank with as of 45 consisted of Blood Tribunal (except Yrgwithig, Fortress Bitch), Hargischtick, Scion Applicants, Scions who had already heroed and the occasional Herald. ...that doesn't leave very much oppritunity. Foslin's disappearence has muddled that treaty so much that Empire doesn't know which Scions to leave alone and which to come after. But they decided to come after me.

Scion Apps, this was my first character to conduct some type of interview duties even if they were self-imposed. You all were interesting except for a couple idiots, but I can't go through and give my individual opinion of each. If you talked with Etarekoth or Mekantos you probably found out what I thought of you.

Lialnst: Heheheh. Jaerell got punked. He makes life so hard for himself.

Well, if I forgot anyone, complain loudly.

If you got annoyed with Careron's high and mighty tone, either in bragging or whining, good. That's how he was supposed to sound. One of his faveorite things to do was to talk down to people.

I'd have to say that the most fun people in general to fight as a bard were assassins, (Assassinate misses so often that it's like free lag.) and warriors, especially sword specs. Sword specs are funny, they never bash, they can't trip if you fly, and it's garunteed they will flurry, so you get 4 rounds to get rid of one of their swords and do something else nasty to them assuming you make damn sure you survive the flurry or make them miss. Assassins would mistakenly think tiger claw was the most effective tactic on me, truth was it missed so often that I got what I needed sung to them (reveal and when primarily, maybe weak and heavy), and when I finally got hit, I rem instrument;wear shield and complicated matters even further with dirt/disarm and maybe a mace. Fun fun fun.

Keiigrahv (Guest)Mon 29-Dec-03 01:15 PM

#23140, "Your cover?"
In response to Reply #8

Buddy, EVERYONE knew you were a scion. I had
nothing to do with it. I said something in the
inn at one time but I seriously doubt that was
behind people killing you. It's not that hard
to figure out. Half the time I saw you on eastern
road you were running around with a Nightwalker.
Well-played cover? Please.

Careron (Guest)Mon 29-Dec-03 03:11 PM

#23141, "Every time you ever saw my nightwalker before you spout..."
In response to Reply #13

No Imperials knew I was a nightwalker, and I was of less interest to Lightwalkers.

If 'everyone' pertains to everyone you had talked to who had ever attacked me when I was inducted, then yes. I only had the Nightwalker out under extreme duress, but most of the mindless morons who attacked me would have had little reason to mention it for the most part.

Now consider this, if you had been wrong, the results would have been the same for several weeks. Why? Because people for the most part buy into those type of accusations the moment they're made. Since I was largely an unknown, you had made the only solid declaration people could (correctly) assume. In a proper role playing setting, an orc can rarely ever be believed for anything they say.

Anyway, the fact remains was that you had accelerated a process by tenfold that wasn't common knowledge except to my common pursuers, largely Rager and Sylvan apps with their gangs looking for an easy kill. I would know far better than you who knew and who didn't, twit. I had a sphere of deception, and though that cover wasn't the core of what the sphere meant to the character, that cover of my affiliations was better played than most, I did not flaunt my powers except in front of people I assumed might assume didn't know what they meant (Yaran and Nightfist) or attackers who would figure it out eventually because they would have kept on coming.

No, you were a major part of what ####ed my ranking from 32 on. Don't deny it and don't play it off as a poorly kept secret, because it wasn't one. My enemies increased tenfold as soon as those fruits spread around what you said. A level 15 trannie glared at me, I raised my eyebrow, and he said, "I know what you are." and walked off. He had never seen me or knew of me before you said that.

It takes a little bit of finesse to play a deception role nowadays thanks to the log board and OOC connections. Don't brush it off as incompetency on my part for getting revealed, even if I made a few mistakes here and there. OF COURSE make those mistakes, I would if my life was in danger, I'm a pre-34 evil bard with an agenda who has very questionable sponsors for it who needs to use resources at his disposal to flee from or make some form of an attempt to kill his pursuers to keep from appearing weak, it happens in fantasy novels to the bad guys too. Are we done now?

Zwick (Guest)Mon 29-Dec-03 03:57 PM

#23143, "RE: Every time you ever saw my nightwalker before you s..."
In response to Reply #14

Anyway, the fact remains was that you had accelerated a process by tenfold that wasn't common knowledge except to my common pursuers, largely Rager and Sylvan apps with their gangs looking for an easy kill.

I don't know the specifics of what happened with you, but I can say it is very likely most people would have figured out your affiliations anyway. For a long time with Zwick, I too was trying to keep people from knowing I was Scion, but somehow almost everyone found out. And I'm willing to bet I was much, much more careful with my use of powers and raiding/defending than you. At least, until I stopped trying to hide it around level 40.

ZWICK the Deceased

TheerklaMon 29-Dec-03 04:04 PM
Member since 04th Mar 2003
1055 posts
Click to send email to this author Click to send private message to this author Click to view this author's profile Click to add this author to your buddy list
#23144, "No idea what the orc did, but the log of you on Dio's d..."
In response to Reply #14

Never interacted with you at all, so I'm not one of those people who came hunting you, but when I read that log of Etarekoth defending the chasm with you in it, I learned you were a scion. Goes back to my stance that reading logs on dios and battlefield notes here is OOC information gathering (information pollution?) and a mild form of cheating, even when it is unintentional.

Careron (Guest)Mon 29-Dec-03 08:00 PM

#23147, "That was after what I'm talking about, so I didn't care..."
In response to Reply #16

Hasbrom (Guest)Wed 31-Dec-03 10:03 AM

#23178, "Always knew I could count on you for learning."
In response to Reply #17

Having a bard around always makes it easier.

Keiigrahv (Guest)Wed 31-Dec-03 12:36 PM

#23179, "You're delusional."
In response to Reply #14

I said something in the inn. Once.

> I had a sphere of deception, and though that cover wasn't the core of what the sphere meant to the character, that cover of my affiliations was better played than most, I did not flaunt my powers except in front of people I assumed might assume didn't know what they meant (Yaran and Nightfist) or attackers who would figure it out eventually because they would have kept on coming.

Ever think it might be them who spread it around? To ####ing pin it on me that your cover was blown, that's just ridiculous.

>No, you were a major part of what ####ed my ranking from 32 on. Don't deny it and don't play it off as a poorly kept secret, because it wasn't one.

Ever think that people finding out what you were might be chalked up to you ####ing passing people on the north road with a nightwalker? I don't give a damn if your life was in danger or not. People saw you, and that's why people know you were a scion.

Finesse? Not even close. Don't be mad at me because you did a ####ty job of playing the role.

I honestly don't give a #### if you made mistakes or not, or how many times people came gunning for you because their friend's buddy's pal had seen you with a nightwalker with his lowbie. Just don't try and pin it on me, you poor lesbian fela-playing person.

Scion App (Guest)Tue 30-Dec-03 12:25 AM

#23155, "Well"
In response to Reply #8

I thought you were decently played from what I could see
as an applicant. I liked traveling with you the handful of
times that we did. Sucks to be a no-hiding/mage class in
Scion when everyone's on your balls. Like when we fought
uhm... yeah....

Would like to give more info but I don't wanna leak my
cover either, heh funny how it works for Scions right now.
It's cool though, as long as the Scion Imms don't become
too harsh and expect us to run into certain death and don't
mind us laying low for awhile.

Yours truly,
Scion Applicant

Etarekoth (Guest)Tue 30-Dec-03 10:54 PM

#23172, "RE: Okay, okay. I guess I owe some explanation."
In response to Reply #8

Well, I guess I was hoping you would somehow make it to hero since we seemed to share playing times, but it seems it wasn't meant to be. Nice character, it was refreshing to see a bard in scion, the last one I got to work with was while Halisstra was Chancellor. A scion bard can be pretty potent, and like you said, nightwalker is quite a nice power.

Etarekoth,
still representing with nightfist and nightwalker

Soucivi (Guest)Sat 03-Jan-04 05:15 PM

#23304, "Well, since you mentioned me"
In response to Reply #8

I understood the smarm and the fakiness, and as such, never would trust you. I always give the benefit of the doubt to anyone who asks for it...once. You asked for peace...I accepted. (Though I was still trying to figure how I could get you in a trap...though you had no items of interest most of the time.). Just so you are aware, I enjoyed your RP.

Sardinthal (Guest)Mon 29-Dec-03 12:05 AM

#23126, "RE: (DELETED) [SCION] Careron the Student of History"
In response to Reply #0

Bah dammit. You where just getting interesting. We would talk some, and you hit hero range and we had some good fights. I liked what I saw of you and it takes guts to play a Scion right now. Damn sorry to see you go, I respected your character. GLON.

Durissa (Guest)Sun 28-Dec-03 11:28 PM

#23125, "Sad Day"
In response to Reply #0

Hey, sad to see ya go. Never really interacted with ya beyond a few attempts to kill ya and your few attempts at my life, but yeah, it's sad to see a scion who has the guts to BE a scion at a time like this say farewell. Whenever I saw you sign on and suddenly those 2 pallies, transmuter, and warrior attacking the Vanquisher leave temporarily, and they are storm giants, all of them, even the transmuter, I was like, oh, man, poor guy, because the second you were on, you were a target for the world. Anyhoo, sad to see someone with as much clout as ya leavin'. Wow, that was a big sentence up there, anyhoo. *wave* Try a not doomed character next

Vly (Guest)Sun 28-Dec-03 10:05 PM

#23124, "I always Respected you"
In response to Reply #0

Ever since our first fight in akan in low ranks, all the way up to not enemies, but I wouldnt think trusting, however allies towards the end. Fun fights and always enjoyed you, good luck out there

Keiigrahv (Guest)Sun 28-Dec-03 09:59 PM

#23123, "Bye . . . pal. ;-)"
In response to Reply #0

later

ScrimbulMon 29-Dec-03 11:56 AM
884 posts
#23136, "I hate you. I hope someone kills you quickly. nt"
In response to Reply #4

Keiigrahv (Guest)Mon 29-Dec-03 01:13 PM

#23139, "Huh?"
In response to Reply #9

I always thought our dislike for each other was
just an RP thing. Wow. I didn't know that I was
really pissing you off. When you said things like
"You've finally lost it, sow", I figured that meant
it was pretty much all in good fun. Yeesh.

Brenna (Guest)Sun 28-Dec-03 04:14 PM

#23120, "RE: (DELETED) [SCION] Careron the Student of History"
In response to Reply #0

Had fun during that interview, and had fun with my limited interactions with you. Good luck on your next and have fun!

Felar serpent (Guest)Sat 27-Dec-03 08:40 PM

#23104, "No last thoughts Careron? (n/t)"
In response to Reply #0

That's too bad.

Kackrik (Guest)Sat 27-Dec-03 08:10 PM

#23102, "RE: (DELETED) [SCION] Careron the Student of History"
In response to Reply #0

Well, you didn't write a goodbye so I'm just going to write here. For what you did, you did it well. You caught me sometimes completely offguard, and though you couldn't kill me, you certainly made me run a few times. I believe that this is your first bard, however, because of a lack of knowledge on your part, in fights. I don't mean to be insulting. I can always appreciate someone with balls as brass as mine, buhaha! See you on the fields!

Top General Discussions The Battlefield Topic #23099 Previous topic | Next topic