Subject: "(CON LOSS) [BATTLE] Thrakadan Rah the Weaponsmaster, Et..." Previous topic | Next topic
Printer-friendly copy Email this topic to a friend CF Website
Top General Discussions The Battlefield Topic #22818
Show all folders

Death_AngelWed 17-Dec-03 01:20 AM
Member since 01st Oct 2024
17200 posts
Click to send email to this author Click to send private message to this author Click to view this author's profile Click to add this author to your buddy list
#22818, "(CON LOSS) [BATTLE] Thrakadan Rah the Weaponsmaster, Eternal BattleRager"

Wed Dec 17 00:17:27 2003

At 11 o'clock AM, Day of Freedom, 11th of the Month of the Heat
on the Theran calendar Thrakadan perished, never to return.

Race:fire
Class:warrior
Level:51
Alignment:Evil
Ethos:Chaotic
Cabal:BATTLE, the BattleRagers, Haters of Magic
Hours:310
PK Ratio:52% (closer to 100% is better)

Alert | IP Printer Friendly copy | Reply | Reply with quote | Top

Reply RE: (CON LOSS) [BATTLE] Thrakadan Rah the Weaponsmaster..., Sardinthal (Guest), 19-Dec-03 03:24 AM, #15
Reply RE: (CON LOSS) [BATTLE] Thrakadan Rah the Weaponsmaster..., Sabiene, 17-Dec-03 06:32 PM, #11
Reply RE: (CON LOSS) [BATTLE] Thrakadan Rah the Weaponsmaster..., Thrakadan (Guest), 23-Dec-03 11:17 AM, #19
Reply The Deal, Thatguy, 17-Dec-03 08:03 AM, #2
Reply Broghelan, Thatguy, 17-Dec-03 09:27 AM, #3
Reply RE: The Deal, Enbuergo1 (Guest), 17-Dec-03 10:56 AM, #4
Reply RE: The Deal, Tykrul (Guest), 17-Dec-03 12:46 PM, #5
Reply RE: The Deal, Thatguy, 17-Dec-03 03:45 PM, #8
Reply hey later, Flaerglum (Guest), 17-Dec-03 02:04 PM, #6
Reply RE: hey later, Krivohan, 17-Dec-03 02:54 PM, #7
Reply RE: hey later, Thatguy, 17-Dec-03 03:47 PM, #9
Reply Explanation, Thatguy, 17-Dec-03 04:24 PM, #10
Reply Haha, fun stuff..., Odelius (Guest), 17-Dec-03 06:38 PM, #12
Reply GOODBYE, OBLAIN (Guest), 17-Dec-03 11:01 PM, #13
Reply RE: The Deal, Kackrik (Guest), 18-Dec-03 04:19 AM, #14
Reply hehehe, Thrakadan (Guest), 23-Dec-03 11:13 AM, #18
Reply RE: The Deal, Kastellyn, 21-Dec-03 08:27 PM, #16
Reply RE: The Deal, Thrakadan (Guest), 23-Dec-03 11:12 AM, #17
Reply I know this post is late as hell and you probably won't..., Kardok (Guest), 05-Jan-04 05:50 AM, #20
Reply RE: (CON LOSS) [BATTLE] Thrakadan Rah the Weaponsmaster..., Sharidum (Guest), 17-Dec-03 02:47 AM, #1

Sardinthal (Guest)Fri 19-Dec-03 03:24 AM

#22923, "RE: (CON LOSS) [BATTLE] Thrakadan Rah the Weaponsmaster..."
In response to Reply #0

Nice job. To be truthful I don't think we really met until "late in the game" so to speak. I knew you were a beast and the rites proved it. I sat there looking and knew that there just wasn't anything I had in my arsenal to beat you. You pummelled the hell outta me. Seemed like you really wanted to play him longer, sorry it ended so quick. GLON.

SabieneWed 17-Dec-03 06:32 PM
Member since 04th Mar 2003
50 posts
Click to add this author to your buddy list
#22856, "RE: (CON LOSS) [BATTLE] Thrakadan Rah the Weaponsmaster..."
In response to Reply #0

Sorry to see you go so soon after you conquested, but I want you to know, you did a good job, and I liked you. If the con-quest seemed to be weak, please understand, there are good reasons for this. The whole process was a little unusual, for reasons that I must leave to your imagination, except perhaps to remind you that I am only an avatar. I mostly wanted to ensure that you were rewarded somehow, and to give you a chance, howsoever small, to make it a while longer. I'm not sure how you did over the past few days but I must assume it didn't go terribly well for you. Better luck on your next - maybe try a class that can hide or something? We tend to make it to age death, or stand a much better chance of it anyway.

- Sabs

Thrakadan (Guest)Tue 23-Dec-03 11:17 AM

#23019, "RE: (CON LOSS) [BATTLE] Thrakadan Rah the Weaponsmaster..."
In response to Reply #11

**** I'm going to go with the you just answered this without considering was said or reading the role

Sorry to see you go so soon after you conquested, but
I want you to know, you did a good job, and I liked
you. If the con-quest seemed to be weak, please
understand, there are good reasons for this. The whole
process was a little unusual, for reasons that I must
leave to your imagination, except perhaps to remind
you that I am only an avatar.

*** It wasnt that weak, it was a lot less than I had
expected but having spoken to a few other people who
had con quests in the past it wasnt too bad
considering. I was kind of hoping for brownie points
seeing as I literally got everything you asked for. As
for me going, I can make 2 con points last a year. My
gf is comming over today, and I'm going over to
Ireland for the Festive season so there was no way I
was going to leave the character unresolved like that.
So I simply stopped playing cautious + a few link
problems, but those link problems existed throug out
the characters life.

As for you being only an Avatar, er you do a lot for
the cabal, why not do a couple of areas and get that
Imm rank, its not that hard to come up with something
innovative, and if your all ready working on it, now
the village has a mortal leader, you have more time to
do so.

I mostly wanted to ensure that you were rewarded
somehow, and to give you a chance, howsoever small, To
make it a while longer.

****I'd never had a con quest before, So I just wanted to try out the rp angle, I just needed enough con to make it to the rites. I was a little pissed off with your comments about saving myself - My characters entire roleplay was based on being a berserker, a
shock trooper and a sacraficer. If I didnt want to con
death, I wouldnt of played the ####ing role in the
first place. I'd of been Thrakadan engages only
sometime, instead of being Thrakadan on all the time,
fighting which ever odds, never quitting until there
was nothing left to do.

. I'm not sure how you did over the past few days but
I must assume it didn't go terribly well for you.

It went perfectly, when I didnt get the captain slot,
I was like, oh well thats one thing I'm not going to
achieve, I've never had a titled character before, and
I had two titles with this character, I think I
delivered a well rounded three dimensional character
that almost everyone reacted well too.

Better luck on your next - maybe try a class that can
hide or something? We tend to make it to age death, or
stand a much better chance of it anyway.

Age death? The character was trapped in the abyss for
65,000 years, it would of sort of sucked you know to
not burn out like that.

I've had more than a few heros, one I deleted with 3
deaths, one the Justiciar deleted with 6 deaths. If I
wanted to have a character in ragers age death, I
could its not hard. Why the #### would I play a hiding
character? I played this character to test a concept,
and to have fun, the character was 9 monthes old and
I'm sorry but in the end I was like, well you've
achieved everything you set out to do and with the
current imm situation you cant achieve any more, so
why not go for your Pillar place. So thats what I did.

I dont know what it is, but you seem to really grate
on me sometimes, I know your playing mortalish because
you've said this now and that sort of explains alot of
what I dont like about you as an Immortal. However
perhaps if you wanted to do something, Like the con
quest which I know you couldnt do on your own, you can
ask for help. I loved the Big D in the rites, I never
knew he was so sarccy. These are things you can have
help with until you have the ability to do so
yourself. Then again you already know all this ####.

***You can only show people the door, they have to
walk through it themselves**** Wheres the ####ing door
?

Asa

ThatguyWed 17-Dec-03 08:03 AM
Member since 10th Dec 2003
14 posts
Click to send email to this author Click to send private message to this author Click to view this author's profile Click to add this author to your buddy list
#22827, "The Deal"
In response to Reply #0

Concept : To create a fire giant sword spec, with Trapping beneath thunder and fists of the titans. This was Muskuls idea and battle rager would seem to make sense, Heavy weapons, hitting more often, greater chance of Deathblows.

This character was indeed a legacy test character, However I wanted to try and create a more three dimensional character, with a slightly more interesting approach to battle.

Thrakadan Rah the Weaponsmaster, Eternal BattleRager
-------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Level : 51 Sex : male Race : fire
Ethos : Chaotic Align : Evil Class : warrior
Practices: 0 Trains : 0 Hometown : Arkham
Exp : 586900 To Level : 27100 Sphere : Purity
Hit Point: 955 /960 Mana : 251 /376 Move : 790 /806
Str : 24(25) Int : 15(15) Wis : 17(17)
Dex : 16(12) Con : 5 (5 ) Chr : 17(17)
Carry # : 23/25 Weight : 501 lb 12 oz (Max 627 lbs)
Gold : 0 Silver : 28 Copper : 11
Wimpy : 200 hp Morale : Moderate Position : Standing
Hitroll : 25 Damroll : 32
AC pierce: -46 Very well armored AC bash : -45 Very well armored
AC slash : -50 Very well armored AC magic : 5 Armored
vs Spell : Well protected vs Paralysis : Barely protected
vs Breath: Barely protected vs Petrification: Not protected
You have 0 weapon specializations.
You have 0 legacy choices.
You are specialized in sword.
You are specialized in hand to hand.
You grip your weapons with the Fist of the Titan.
You take full advantage of your weapon's weight with Trapping Beneath Thunder.

Thats my score, just before the Rites of War.

The ROLE : If your going to read all this in one sitting I suggest a cup of coffee and some snacks.

LEVEL 1
Added Tue Apr 29 19:25:37 2003 at level 1:
During the Night of Shattered warriors, when the magi of order sent the shadow demons to do their work
A single great warrior fought on with steely determination, matching blows with demon after demon, His
Blades striking into fiend flesh again and again, felling lesser demons left and right, yet taking small
wounds everywhere, tears and bites, causing his black skin to run thick with blood, he fought for one
purpose. To buy sometime for the vanguard to retreat lead by the Dwarven Captain Bolthrower.

He fought on with the greatest of courage, hordes of demons charging at him, the blood loss and the poison
flowing through his veins, the burning in his lungs from exhaustion, a weakening to his strengths, still he
battled on until a greater demon struck at him, with massive energies, surely a mortal wound, a great rage
Burst through him and with one final salute to the distant retreating company he charged the demon with a
furious onslaught, slashing with his twin blades, determind to bring one more bloody bastard with him.

And strike a mortal blow to the demon he did sending it back to the hells that formed it.

Not amused at the felling of one of their warlords, the demons closed ranks and kept the warrior at bay, his eyes
filled with blood from numerous wounds, narrowed on the accursed beasts that had slain so many of his kin and brothers
in arms. A keening chant started, the air crackling with shadow magic, stealing himself for the onslaught the giant simply
waited knowning the magics would be useless against him. Instead the ground dropped beneath him and sent him hurtling
Down ever down wards, the ground whipping past his eyes and slowly realisation came to bear he was going to the Abyss.

Stunned

He awakens to find himself facing the demon he had surely banished here with his own hands, his jaw set grimly he charged
once more at the demon, the demon simply batted him aside.
'You hold no power here mortal, you will suffer an eternity of pain at my whim'
A firey lance of pain traveled along every muscele ever cell of the great warriors body, and yet he could not slip to
a blisfull unconciousness.

A millenia has past, every single moment of pain remembered, every form of torture endured, weakend and destroyed but still
whole of soul Thrakadan has returned to the lands, his body no longer suffering the fires, simply the memory. He has come once more the light of day. Much has changed, but it is clear whom the enemy is and he will have his Revenge.

**** What follows are character development snippets

Added Wed Apr 30 23:41:51 2003 at level 9:
Come anew to the plane of thera, his body afresh with life, Thrakadan Rah proceeded to observe how the lands
around him had changed. His skill at battle was lost and he began to train anew, focusing his mighty discipline
once more apon the skills long neglected. He noted that decendants of his family name had come to hold power by
employing tainted disciplines, this too he would fight against, all those of his race who cast their hand and
life with those of the magic users, and practiced the dark arts would fall by his hand.

Added Fri May 9 13:26:29 2003 at level 11:
Much to his confusion Thrakadan has found that he is no longer immune to the ravages of magics, his broken body
infused with demonic tortures stopping him from yet being able to deflect the stolen magic.

Added Mon Jun 30 18:53:57 2003 at level 18:
Having spoken to Zylundak and learned that the axe of his ancient ally is said to be held in
a village of magic haters. When asked if he could see it to confirm the fate of his freind, he was told that he
would not be allowed to see it. Though force would be an option Thrakadan decided to have a closer look
at these 'magic haters'.

Subject: The finding of Honor.
Added Wed Sep 3 20:37:47 2003 at level 34:
Thrakdan evades a group of hostile non magic users and
finds himself in the shrine of honor, he makes
A small prayer of thanks to the god and vows to follow then
tennants of honor.

Subject: General Character traits
Added Tue Sep 9 16:18:48 2003 at level 37:
Thrakadan is slow to anger, but when attacked will defend himself with brutal force.
Stubborn and overconfident of his abilities, reflecting the prowess lost over time in the abyss.
Having found friendship in the village he is likely to give his life in a berserker fury if it will save the lives of villagers.
Though a berserker in nature, he shows a special fondness for defenders, and loves bards.
as where theres bards, theres tales and ale, his favourite things, after ripping mages to shreds that is.

At this point I'd finally gotten inducted at rank 36.... Yay

Subject: The lost swords
Added Sun Sep 7 16:25:03 2003 at level 36:
having fulfilled his task to report to the Dwarven captain and resigning
himself to await the lords return with the kin of the village, taking apon the mantle of a villager and those tenants within, Thrakadan begins the search for his lost swords.
The mammoth obsidian claymore 'Fury of the Mountain' and the heartstone longsword named 'Craven Malice'
Lost with his removal from the mortal realms, but guarded against time by their craftsman ship, hidden somewhere within thera, He would make is next main goal, that of tracking down his lost pair.

Subject: the forging of the 'Fury of the Mount'

Added Thu Oct 9 01:00:21 2003 at level 51:
The wizened svirf scowled, staring at his latest device, it was
an adamantine wrought press. Though he had paid a hundred gold coins
for it, the blasted dwarves had made it all wrong. The workmanship was
flawless, and yet the mould was far too large, the dagger shaped groove, was more of a trench, that was massive.
Never the less he had decided to try out his theories, so had set it up here deep within the mountain, connected to an ancient stone flow way, all he had to do was to alter the stream of molten lava, into his trough.
He barked some orders and his apprentices perked up, when Master
Scovvie Stonehome spoke, there were murmurs of excitement among the workers and the word was passed to alter the flow.
With a great grinding noise the stone plug was pulled free, allowing
the lava to flow along its ancient path.
The scorching heat at first filled the cavern with sulphurous smoke
before finally reaching the beautifully crafted block of adamantine.
Scovvie allowed a small smile to form on his lips as the molten rock
hissed into the claymore-sized channel. As soon as it filled he gave a yell and the top half of the adamantine block until now concealed came pounding down on a wheel contraption.
It easily flattened the molten rock, and then suddenly soared upwards
on its arc once more. As it did fresh flow formed over the crushed blade shape, only to be pounded flat on the down swing.
With a cheer the workers, moved aside and let Scovvie in to the
controls, he worked them deftly pounding at the mould over and over.
Two days and nights the ancient svirf worked over the blade, forming a crystal sharp edge of obsidian that would never fade. With each pound of the huge hammer Scovvie uttered prayers to the gods, blessing the stone with the power of the mountain itself, forging into its heart a divine retribution.
As the blade was completed, Scovvie turned to his lead apprentice and
told him to take it to the great forge in the low lands to be hilted.
The apprentice nodded and packed it into a large cart and left to make his way to the lowlands.
Scovvie left the cavern, ordering the remaining workers to dismantle
and destroy the equipment. He had tested the theory and another of the great blades had been formed, soon all twelve would be completed.

****** A little fleshing out
Added Thu Oct 9 01:31:24 2003 at level 51:
Kaniger nodded towards his kinsmen, his priests. The Cavernmaker had
been with the tribe since any of its members could remember. His body was ancient now even by the deep gnome standard. He still seemed to move as a youngster, wirey strength evident. His skills in battle acknowledged and his cunning dealing with the underdark's denizens could not be denied.
But here they were surrounding Kaniger Cavernmaker, far from their
homeland and above this accursed mountain. Kaniger had assured them many times that it was foretold and that this mountain was indeed that spoken in legend.
The priests shook their heads again doubting it, not this cursed place, nothing good could come from here. Kaniger dismissed them, walking towards a seeming cliff face, they watched astounded as he uttered a word and passed through. The priests soon followed trusting to fait, stepping through and finding a tunnel, there were so gasps of astonishment as they walked onwards, the path apparently being carved step by step.
Looking back they could see the mountain closed in on them and began to realise Kaniger was setting his will against the mountains.
They travelled deeper and ever downward into the mountain, for many
days they ventured onwards, resting at night in natural caverns.
Until finally they reached an ancient cavern near the very bed rock of the mountain, and there pulsing darkly in the centre an ancient block.
Never had the priests seen such pure stone, flawless they muttered, but the darkness emanating from it confused them and they began a
discussion in hushed voices.
Kaniger strode over; motioning them to form a circle around the block, a few showed fear as they realised this was why they had come here. The evil within this stone was the reason for this trip, Kaniger urged them onwards and soon the chamber was filled with chanting, Kaniger kneeling before the block, whispers coming from his mouth, forming in the air and being drawn to the stone, each word seemed to be absorbed before it could be heard.
With each word, the tempo and pitch increased until Kaniger was on his feet, his body shaking with the power coursing through him. His voice raised in ancient song, each sound, word and verse calling to the block. His hand struck out, into the solid stone, and began to withdraw clenching something in his small fist, he seemed to be pulling with all his might, at the same time the pitch of his voice changed, a booming like the rhythm of the forge filled the cavern.
Inch by inch the blade was pulled from the stone, at first it seemed as a dagger, short sword and finally a long sword, the craftsmanship
astonishing. As the tip slid from the block, the dark light stopped
emanating as the long sword itself took on the unnatural light. Kaniger chuckled, declaring Craven Malice born, as the words left his lips, he swung the blade, catching the first of the priests unprepared, as the shock sent in and the others started to run, he cleaved and hew until all the priests lay dead, their souls resting within the blade.Kaniger simply closed his eyes, a great weight seemed to settle across his shoulders as he closed his eyes, uttered some words and vanished.

**** So whats this got to do with Thrakadan? I really liked the set up story for Battle, and for the mud in general, I wanted to add an elementl of balance, Nexus style that wouldnt change the story but would add depth and detail to it.

Subject: Thrakadan and His blades.
Added Mon Nov 3 09:14:04 2003 at level 51:
Tschikilnic Deepstone grumbled to himself, he had been working
on the fine details of the rapier for so long, his back had grown stiff and his knees ached. He admired his work through his magnifying monocle looking at the rubies, the seemed to dance with an Inner Light. He had used the finest fire rubies in the lands and the rapier was almost complete, just a little work on the hilt and it would be done. Yet another great work completed. The satisfaction and pride filled him, as he began the long climb upward from the Great Forge.

Many mortal forms he had taken to forge the twelve, many times he had
done what needed to be done. He knew the greater forces of the lands
would strike at each other soon. His vision of the future had shown him demons ruling over all of Thera. The blades the deep gnome had forged would stop this from coming to pass, Lesser evils would still arise but a balance would be maintained. The trick was the balancing act.
As he arrived in the great hall a light rattle brought his attention to the great door he edged his way closer and opened the svirf high slide to look out.
He got a quick glimpse of some heavily armored troops before a huge
black foot slammed into the opening, the wooden sandal attached to the
foot sent him skidding backwards across the well polished floor.
He gave a little groan for effect, and shook his head, trying to get
rid of the stars orbiting above him.
With a growl he walked back to the slat, he heard voices coming from
outside the door. The dwarf seemed to be in command and was scolding someone called Thrakadan, the gist being that the giant had no brains and that the smiths should be left unharmed.
Tschikilnic Deepstone chuckled to himself, fools none had ever passed
the hall of the great forge without invitation. They'd need a siege
engine to get through the doors for starters.
At that moment, he heard the commanding voice once more yelling 'FIRE'
Tschikilnic barely had time to duck aside as the huge doors came flying towards him closely followed by a group of heavily armored troops.
The svirf grunted looking up at the giant 'Thrakadan I presume?'
The giant balefully glared at him, 'Yuh wehs behs here, wehs gun take
all dems weapons, dems dwarfie behs think wehs gun need dems. Yuhs free to go'
Tschikilnic ' Indeed I have foreseen the Order Army would come here,
take what will have you then, but know there is a curse on your house
giant. A curse on any hand that takes from the forge.'
Once again the giant glared at him, looking around he strode over to a mammoth claymore made of Obsidian, the giant tested its heft, then
smiled at the balance. He gave a curt nod the walked across and drew the opposite blade, this of a black stone he did not recognise, this he also hefted testing the balance before grinning.
'Dehs behs mine lads, dems rest behs take other fellows'
Tschikilnic chuckled to himself, uttered a few words, and was gone.

***** AWESOME!!! Then what happened ?

Subject: The last night.
Added Mon Dec 8 20:27:49 2003 at level 51:
The dwarven captain glared at his corporal 'Theres somethin no right the night laddie, see if yeh kin gather up some o the lads ter double the patrols tonight'
The huge ebon skinned giant nodded his head slowly, saluted and disappeared into the side alley.

The ground was hard packed with snow and ice filled puddles littered the concourses of the silent city.
Alras Vendan a young elven warrior, quietly patrolled the streets, his hand resting on the pommel of his new found blade.
One of the wonders of the forge, 'Shadow Scream' the etched mithril longsword, it seemed to hum at his touch and filled him with a sense of peace.
Night had fallen far quicker than was expected, and it was blacker than satans arse. The order army, were either battle fatigued,drunk, or riding the spoils of war or On their way to all three. The elf gave a slight smile,it had been a good battle, they had taken the city quickly and without much resistnace.
He didnt know what had gotten into the Corporal or the Captain, they just seemed edgy. He turned down a dark alley, his elven vision struggling to penetrate the darkness, even with a few lanterns dimly lighting the main road.

A small sound pricked his ear, like the sound of a piece of fabric slowly tearing. Then with blinding speed, dark forms exploded into the alley, running across the ground, along the walls and sprining through the air.
His hand slid around his hilt and he drew his blade in a fraction of a second, almost to slow to parry the first claw as it struck for him.
Alras let loose a savage cry, as he parried franctically backing away out of the alley, he could hear all around him the noise of heated battle.

He parried and riposted again and again, his sword seeming to almost move with a life of its own, biting into demon flesh.
Still the deranged beasts attacked, his sword a glittering web of mithril as he tried to find time to counter.

He stumbled on a loose cobble for a mere fraction of a second, but the beasts were there, one of them finding a weakness, driving a claw into his leg, sending a grunt of pain from his lips, the wound was burning.
Alras regained his balance and focused all his concentration into staying alive, from the right the alley wall exploded, followed by a huge demon, carening into his attackers, its body flailing in death throes, Alras eyes snapped warily to the opening.

The ebon skinned giant dove into the fray the claymore 'Fury of the Mount' in one hand and the longsword 'Craven Malice' in the other.
The giant gave a savage grunt his swords slicing in huge deadly arcs, cutting through demon flesh and bone.
Alras used the confuse caused by the giants devastating attacks, to dart forward and finish of the last of the demons.
'Wehs gots ter get ter dems rest o dems lads eh?'

Alras just nodded , and both warriors pounded down the main street, hurtling past demons as they bounded out of side alleys.
The sounds of men, women and children begging for their lives, cut short by ear shattering screams. he watched in horror as other order soliders were struck down by swarms of demons, evicerated, disemboweled and decapitated by frenzied talons.
A few of the soliders would try and form pockets of resistance, finding their own weapons almost useless on the tough hides of the demons, they were soon overwhelmed.

His breath comming in great gulping pant as the few soldiers he and the corporal had managed to gather reached the hastily built stockade.
The majority of men around him were bloodied or injured in some way, he himself had a dozen superficial cuts, and his leg throbbed.
All around him the order soldiers made ready to defend, then with peternatural speed the demons were among them, diving and bounding, slashing through soldiers, leaving ragged trails of blood in their wake.
Alras concentrated defending himself from the brutal attacks, searching around trying to catch sight of the Ebon skinned corporal, but he couldnt catch sight of him.

Retreating but selling every inch dearly, the order soldiers fell back enmass, under the tactical direction of the dwarven commander the handful wielding forge weapons, holding back the demons giving precious time.
Finding openings, and advantages in the demon lines, but simply being repelled by shear weight of numbers.
The dwarven captain stared grimly across the ruined battlefield, catching sight of his corporal giving one last salute and muttered 'Ach yer a dumb bastard Thrak', before ordering the full retreat.

***** At this point the cycle is completed.

SKILLS :

charge 1%( 0%) axe 92%(82%)
dagger 67%( 57%) flail 32%( 22%)
mace 98%( 88%) polearm 68%( 58%)
spear 65%( 55%) sword 100%(100%)
staff 71%( 61%) whip 32%( 22%)
bash 100%(100%) berserk 100%(100%)
dirt kicking 100%(100%) disarm 100%(100%)
dodge 99%( 89%) enhanced damage 100%(100%)
hand to hand 100%(100%) kick 1%( 0%)
parry 100%(100%) rescue 73%( 63%)
trip 64%( 54%) second attack 100%(100%)
third attack 100%(100%) fourth attack 100%(100%)
cross 1%( 0%) offhand disarm 69%( 59%)
shield cleave 63%( 53%) pugil 1%( 0%)
lash 1%( 0%) fast healing 100%(100%)
haggle 1%( 0%) meditation 100%(100%)
recall 100%(100%) bloodthirst 100%(100%)
spellbane 100%(100%) resistance 100%(100%)
deathblow 100%(100%) trophy 72%( 62%)
truesight 100%(100%) lore 1%( 0%)
warcry 86%( 86%) shield block 83%( 73%)
dual wield 100%(100%) double thrust 100%(100%)
flourintine 100%(100%) riposte 86%( 76%)
jab 1%( 0%) flurry 100%(100%)
drive 79%( 79%) parting blow 96%( 86%)
feint 100%(100%) pummel 75%( 65%)
retreat 75%( 65%) ironhands 92%( 82%)
crushing blow 75%( 65%) vital area 75%( 65%)
stun 85%( 75%) evasion 76%( 66%)
dash 100%(100%) pen 1%( 0%)

Damn wish Dodge would perfect Still it would of if only I hadnt of been disarmed by Komier!!!! FARK

Damn you waded through all that ####? ok on to the good byes in order of apperance.

Zylundak Darktears : Mother ####er, do you remember that rank 15 Fire giant warrior in Akan, trying to talk to you about the village? It was so frustrating playing the character with know knowledge of the present, I'm sure I was comming off as a complete newbie Then when I did get inducted, you'd always be testing me and ####, which is fair enough because I did some silly things. As for our last Duel, I'm sorry I didnt make it. I had alot of fun with you, Kind of lost touch when I had my hiatus in ireland for 3 weeks in November, just recently I felt some of the old magic comming back. I liked your Elite comment, it made me smile.

Goronik : You actually appeared really early on in Thraks life in Akan, I have a log its quite amusing, As for the whole flirting thing at the end there, I figured who do you chat up an ugle female dyke style firegiant I thought I was doing not to bad. Fought alot when you were Scion, I think I almost died to your rot once, I let Zhelrantix kill me instead

Kastellyn, and the Assassin villager : Hahahahaha I went around getting alot of Reccs when Zylundak disappeared for a while and here I am in the Inn gettting ready to quit, when I start speaking to a guy I dont even know is a villager, I say the magic word. Kastellyn uncloaks, thanks for the titles Kastellyn, I was really pissed last Jan when Toontanath autodeleted, I really liked that iritating bard role I presume you gave me the second title as well, so thanks for that as well. I really liked your ImmStyle, come back when you can.

Slathigern : Hey hey the original midget, Other than your 'I really love my legacy combo' We had some good times, again sorry about the three weeks in Ireland, and my gf just wouldnt let me play

Juktar : Again those three weeks caused a rift in our relationship, your still not on the pillar and its still pissing me off It was ####ing great to raid with you, and to fight with you by my side. Well played.

Ozlif : Awwwww Armaggedon made me pimp then you went and deleted, thanks for the concept idea and thanks for all the Armaggedons
And when Oblain and his whole crew raided, and we ####ed em up, that was magical.

Tcatama : Mother ####er, Another character I enjoyed immensly I couldnt believe you would actually duel me, and when you hooked me up with those Armaggedons I was nearly jumping for joy. Very well role played, you nearly got me the once, I sent a note to the fortress and everything trying to get them to build a statue in your honor, I dunno how that came off.

Shean : Yay, you seemed so bored sometimes, we'd rank and get gear and stuff and death traps, its all about the death traps

Baielko : That time at the Giant with that ####ing invoker raiding, I charged out battle fatigued, no resi, no spellbane awwww it was glorious I was expectin instant death, we were victorious har har har.

Haljunei : Er you sure like your gear eh? Wtf ahahahahahah I didnt like you at all until I saw that glimmer of golden rp at the rites, and I was like yeah, no longer the 2d bastard I had him pegged as, really breathed life into the character, well played.

Sharidum : Sorry about that last time with the sylvans, I should of just jumped in and thirsted ####ed them all up That would of been pimp. I was walking home from work and I saw this cow outside my house and it was mooing in that style you have .

Kopiteous : Or whatever, I never seen a lowbie get so many kills in all my life. Ah keep with it you will be sweet.

Jaedren and Skallgrim : You both sucked Ass, no you probably played ok characters I just didnt like the timing you would pick

Correllia : Holy ####, Graatch, me, you, same cabal, again? #### sake. I cant believe we got on so well you and the cuntmaster.. ahahahahahaahahahahhahahhaahhahahahahah Sorry about slagging your char I couldnt help it. It was really annoying when you would jump in and attack the #### out of people I was trying to solo, but in retrospect I guess it worked out for the best.

Flaerglum : Stop using your ooc knowledge from your other char to interogate me I dont like the way you abused emetic poisons and ####, but you are a support class so I guess it fits ok. I think you need to rethink your leadership style, but then again, maybe not :-P
Thanks for the Aethals, couldnt of done it without you.

Zhelrantix the Bear : Holy ####, you are a beast. I flurried you for seven or eight hits and you were at small but disgusting cuts... Smart to do what you did before the rites, I wasnt going to do that with my mighty 6 con, oh know. I could of dirt disarmed you, until there were no weapons left, and beat you with hand to hand. I didnt want to even attempt it, it was better this way, trust me.

Sardinthal : Really liked and respected your character, was kind of hoping you'd set up some sort of ale, and steaks from the inn to grimes, you know boost morale. Thanks for the last 2% on flurry.

Kackrik : At first I thought you were an ass, then I finally found the groove to your role play. In the end you turned out nicely, and I think your always going to be the centre of some #### or another..

Eielson : I dunno if it was you that was the Owl/Aligator but it sure as #### sucked to be ranking on the battlefields and getting attacked by a near hero combo like that

Kelrizza and Zakanafir : Incredibly well played invokers, I never managed to get either of you and you always got me in the end, #### I hated when you'd get me without protects or with -300 moves, ahhh the side effects of bloodthirst are a bastard. NEVER EVER play a non flying rager again, quicksand just owns you.

Oblain : Well played.

Kwalin : Har, thanks for the rest of the equipment needed for my conquest, you sure as #### didnt mean to help me with that, and Tyrkul's pincer shocked the #### out of me too. I think you took it rather badly, all your gearwas magic flagged and you were like, your not giving me my #### back. And I remembered the day in the chasm when you caught me with my pants down and sac 1.

Sabiene : Er hrrmn right, well now you have the full picture :-P I dont want to insult you because a) that might get me banned, b) your an imm so your obviously better at this #### than me and c) your a girl.
Thanks for the con quest, it really made my day, that was until I found out what you got for a con quest, I sure as #### swore about that for a couple of hours.
Your advice was always 'Perky and Refreshing' but made me want to teleport magically to your home address and smash the keyboard off the wall As for the rites, er... lets just not go there.
Other than that, I'm a great believer if you bang your head off a wall enough you'll move the wall.

Tyrkul : I dunno if your an Imm or what the fact the deal is there, but you better ####ing log on at least once in your ####ing life you gear hoarding sad mother ####er in retrospect I might be nicer if we had actually seen each other at all.

Etak : I see you in pk for 100 hours, and bam you pimp me with the assassinates Awwwww.

Zwick : Bah I hate thieves, beggars as well, you should all be kicked in the head at birth... oh wait maybe you were Well played.

Pelthaas : Yeah I liked that whole battle sylvan action we had going there for a while.

Jumalde : Your other char is much better, stick with him

Flarkle : This character isnt much better than you other, both must be boring for you, maybe a mage really is more up your street

Voronil : aAHAHHAHAHAHAHAH Bloodthirst AHAHAHHAHAHAHAHAH but know, I had a lot of good diplomatic action from you, your doing a good job, just need to kill and full loot all the tribunals, over and over and over.

All the marans, storm warriors et all that I fought, those I fought in single combat, you Died with honor (Except Rhaul who sucker ####ed me when he was rank 49 and I was 40 or something and never did speak to me or let me get a rematch) those of you in groups, if you won, HAHAHAHAHH you needed a group to kill me

Empire, I loved the Emperor, he was groovy, I want to see a schism when he dies/deletes and a division of the sects into 4 mini cabals all with their own items with some 'Imperial games' until its all sorted out YAY Kardok your an Armaggedon hoarding mother ####er, I never did get it back.... ooooh welll.

Jirash : You seemed groovy, except for that time when you were comming for me in the inn and I set you up sort of.. ehehe and the Emperor and his friend ####ed you over ahhh delights.

Odelius : Your probably wondering why i gave you that Dragon embroderied robe? Well Its one of the best coats out there, and well lets face it, if you dont want someone powerful to have it, give it to an idiot healer Much Love!!!!!

Beltantis : Your right I should of Bashed.

Ixxiiixixixixi the rager bard : Log on some that would be good, yup yup.

The younger ragers and Vin, I finally gave Vin her recomendation, a little bit pissed about your lack of ...urgency but its all good now i guess, I'm in Valhalla with the ales and the bitches.... and your getting ANHILATED by pillars All those I spoke to and the young mouthy cloud, stick to your guns.

Right if I've missed someone, I will remember and get back to you.
Oh oh oh
Your body rematerialises and you find yourself in Hell.

Awww what the #### it took 65,000 years to get out and now I'm back?

Thrakadan Rah
aka
Asa

ThatguyWed 17-Dec-03 09:27 AM
14 posts
#22829, "Broghelan"
In response to Reply #2

hahahahaha Euan i didnt know it was you, even when I sort of slagged your other char off Still think you were damn luck in that duel, I didnt realise how close until you posted. See you around.

Asa

Enbuergo1 (Guest)Wed 17-Dec-03 10:56 AM

#22830, "RE: The Deal"
In response to Reply #2

Wow...a statue? I'm not sure I deserve that, but thank you for the thoughts.

Thrakadan was an extremely interesting character. I can see Foslin snooping some of our talks/interactions and getting more and more pissed, because we certainly did not have the 'must kill evil' dialogue going. Also as I told you, you were the person I cited in my induction interview as someone I wanted to 'redeem' more than any other. Thrakadan struck me as having all of the necessary qualities an excellent villager should have--stalwart, brave, (to my knowledge) honorable, and deadly. Every time I duelled Thrak, I knew I was going down. At the same time though, as long as you had the 'evil' aura, I felt that honorably duelling you fulfilled the Maran 'die evil die' requirement.

Again, an excellent character. I can't say enough good things.

Enbuergo

Tykrul (Guest)Wed 17-Dec-03 12:46 PM

#22835, "RE: The Deal"
In response to Reply #2

I wish I was an Imm! No, I've been working alot lately, got this new job so logins are rough. I do mostly play in the morning, early morning eastern time. I always heard good things about you, an we have been playing together in Battle for along time. If you ever found out who I was you would laugh at both your comments on the imm an hordeing thing. hehehe.

Well played once again.

later.

ThatguyWed 17-Dec-03 03:45 PM
14 posts
#22847, "RE: The Deal"
In response to Reply #5

Nah I'm just taking the piss, You had a decent set and seemed to get pulled out of the air Everyone went who? Its all good, I can make con last for years if I want, but where the fun in that?

As for playing in battle for a longtime? Well I had one other rager Ghiestdan, and well I didnt know you had to 'call spellbane' then I had some exams and when I got back Thror laid down the law I dunno if he was going to boot me, I just deleted in embaressment when he killed me. Still I was only rank 44.... As for Toon, well he never did get inducted.

Flaerglum (Guest)Wed 17-Dec-03 02:04 PM

#22840, "hey later"
In response to Reply #2

First off how doyou know my other chars? I don't think i know you...

second off I did have a lot of ooc info but I never ever used or even looked for it. The incident you talked about was told to me randomly by the person involved. In fact it is something I didn't even know through my other char yet. Anyways I deleted myself today too cause well just got old.

Thrakadan was an awsome char i liked him a lot and I was about to recomend you for general when I deleted then well realized you were already dead. Kepp on keeping on.

seriosly how do you know my chars? and I hate mage types can't just run in and out of stupid situations.

KrivohanWed 17-Dec-03 02:54 PM
80 posts
Click to send email to this author Click to send private message to this author Click to view this author's profile Click to add this author to your buddy list Click to send message via AOL IM
#22843, "RE: hey later"
In response to Reply #6

Your characters aren't hard to recognize, especially when you log in and out just to make the rites.

ThatguyWed 17-Dec-03 03:47 PM
14 posts
#22848, "RE: hey later"
In response to Reply #6

Hahahaha well I guess thats fair enough, as for the general position, thanks very much. I couldnt believe the way the whole council seemed to be like, Yeah it would be cool if he had a leader slot. That made playing a rager special.

Look to the code! The Rager code? Nae the Pirate code!

ThatguyWed 17-Dec-03 04:23 PM
14 posts
#22849, "Explanation"
In response to Reply #2
Edited on Wed 17-Dec-03 04:24 PM

Sadly I played 85% of the characters life using Mosha, this is a Java Telnet client using the http port, it meant I didnt have Page up, Alias facilities, and ran a little slower than a 56k modem This would piss me off when it came to having to type Esay, I also couldnt log any of the best fights I had :@-( Just all the firebastard ones from the start, and this selection from the end. I have a couple of Rites fights but I'll post them when I get them all.

The other 10% of the time was using straight telnet, this is the time when I would often appear to be drunk or other wise incapable I had no local echo so couldnt see what the #### I was typing I hated leading under both these circumstances.

The final 5% was on my own pc, and my own keyboard in a very cold location, think Eskimos in tents.

Odelius (Guest)Wed 17-Dec-03 06:38 PM

#22858, "Haha, fun stuff..."
In response to Reply #2

"Odelius : Your probably wondering why i gave you that Dragon embroderied robe? Well Its one of the best coats out there, and well lets face it, if you dont want someone powerful to have it, give it to an idiot healer Much Love!!!!!"

Haha! I figured it was something special to you or something and the ident was very nice on it. I hung onto it too, until I passed it on to a really good friend of mine who wont lose it, I hope.

Anyway, I loved your char, you sort of popped up in my PK range one day and I didnt know who the hell you were, then you dropped by the Inn and we became friends enough to talk, that was cool. I liked most of the village and thought you were really awesome... If you dont mind me asking what did you want all those bloody flagons for? Were they all for you or what? Enlighten me.

Good luck with your next bro, I'll surely miss you.

OBLAIN (Guest)Wed 17-Dec-03 11:01 PM

#22878, "GOODBYE"
In response to Reply #2

Already tried fist - trapping with swords. Didn't do too well for me, don't know about you.
All I can say is well palyed as well. You did your job and I did mine and we did what all we had to do, with respect.
Good luck.

Kackrik (Guest)Thu 18-Dec-03 04:19 AM

#22888, "RE: The Deal"
In response to Reply #2

Glad you understand, some are still trying to figure out .

At first, I didn't interact with your character much. Then we just kind of kept getting thrown in the same snake pit, so to speak. I still think what you said about Beltantis was golden, and will stay in my memory for some time yet. You kicked my ass in the rites, I hate flurry so much, good luck on the next, and see you soon >=)

I know you'll be back!

Kackrik : Beltantis sayin' he want meh fargin' 'lone
Kackrik : Ah thinkin' that beh kinky talk
Thrakadan : Ask him if he pay for room

lol

Thrakadan (Guest)Tue 23-Dec-03 11:13 AM

#23018, "hehehe"
In response to Reply #14

The character was supposed to be one somber mofo but there were just so many humerous opportunities, one of my major regrets was acting on them

KastellynSun 21-Dec-03 08:27 PM
864 posts
#22978, "RE: The Deal"
In response to Reply #2

Kastellyn, and the Assassin villager : Hahahahaha I went around getting alot of Reccs when Zylundak disappeared for a while and here I am in the Inn gettting ready to quit, when I start speaking to a guy I dont even know is a villager, I say the magic word. Kastellyn uncloaks, thanks for the titles Kastellyn, I was really pissed last Jan when Toontanath autodeleted, I really liked that iritating bard role I presume you gave me the second title as well, so thanks for that as well. I really liked your ImmStyle, come back when you can.

I liked your role, and I liked what I saw of the character. I think you had like four recommendations and about 80 hours on the character, and were still on a lot and RPing all the time. Those are the guys who "slip through the cracks"...and I'm the guy who tries to catch them and get them in.

You were solid all the way through, so thanks for proving that my intuition regarding you was correct! Well played, and good luck with the next one.

Kastellyn the Devourer of Magic, Lord of Legends

Thrakadan (Guest)Tue 23-Dec-03 11:12 AM

#23017, "RE: The Deal"
In response to Reply #16

Yeah I figured seeing as you gave me two titles One thing was a little stressing for me, when you were like 'And stop logging on for such short periods....' I had done that when the character was still in development and I was playing with my Fortress Hero, I also couldnt play a few times because of the no actual internet access, so I was just logging weekly in order to keep the character alive. I think this is ok to do sub 30 if you arent majorly on the rp radar. Thanks for all your efforts and I hope your working hours and stuff get sorted out some day

Kardok (Guest)Mon 05-Jan-04 05:50 AM

#23386, "I know this post is late as hell and you probably won't..."
In response to Reply #2

"Armageddon hoarding mother ####er" Well, that's a new one. It's not like I was never around. But, the same thing could happen to me just as easily. When you kind of base your character around a piece of gear that there's only one of, you are begging for trouble. Hopefully I'll keep a hold of it for a while though, though I've certainly lost it a few times. You bugged me about trading it to you so much that the thought crossed my mind to trade it to you to shut you up. That got pretty annoying. The offer of 100 gold for it actually made me laugh though.

Sharidum (Guest)Wed 17-Dec-03 02:47 AM

#22820, "RE: (CON LOSS) [BATTLE] Thrakadan Rah the Weaponsmaster..."
In response to Reply #0

we had our differnces and such but you where a hell of a battle rager and damn condie with extra con and still at 52% darn sweet man hell of a char and you where diffently balls to the wall when needed, I interacted with you with another char and we ranked up I will post who when I con die

Top General Discussions The Battlefield Topic #22818 Previous topic | Next topic