Subject: "(DELETED) [None] Urtunlot the Defender of the Faithful,..." Previous topic | Next topic
Printer-friendly copy Email this topic to a friend CF Website
Top General Discussions The Battlefield Topic #22712
Show all folders

Death_AngelFri 12-Dec-03 08:24 PM
Member since 28th Jun 2024
16972 posts
Click to send email to this author Click to send private message to this author Click to view this author's profile Click to add this author to your buddy list
#22712, "(DELETED) [None] Urtunlot the Defender of the Faithful, Healer of the Grinning Skulls"

Fri Dec 12 19:21:51 2003

At 11 o'clock AM, Day of the Moon, 35th of the Month of the Ancient Darkness
on the Theran calendar Urtunlot perished, never to return.

Race:half-drow
Class:healer
Level:47
Alignment:Evil
Ethos:Chaotic
Cabal:None, None
Hours:108
PK Ratio:36% (closer to 100% is better)

Alert | IP Printer Friendly copy | Reply | Reply with quote | Top

Reply I'd like some clarification., permanewbie, 14-Dec-03 08:46 AM, #7
Reply how about because he's not an elf?, DAurwyn (Guest), 14-Dec-03 09:23 AM, #8
Reply *sigh*, permanewbie, 14-Dec-03 09:08 PM, #10
     Reply If that doesn't do it for you, Brotmin, 14-Dec-03 09:14 PM, #11
     Reply Exactly. (n/t), Valguarnera, 14-Dec-03 10:08 PM, #12
          Reply Thanks, I tried to respond with that, but it dissapeare..., Laearrist, 15-Dec-03 01:22 AM, #13
     Reply Orcs are half-elves, Evil Geniuss (Guest), 15-Dec-03 05:22 PM, #14
Reply Being an orc who travelled with him, Spontitus (Guest), 14-Dec-03 11:03 AM, #9
Reply RE: (DELETED) [None] Urtunlot the Defender of the Faith..., Laearrist, 13-Dec-03 12:38 PM, #3
Reply Man, i have seen you around at all, Spontitus (Guest), 13-Dec-03 01:03 AM, #2
Reply RE: (DELETED) [None] Urtunlot the Defender of the Faith..., Jorgael (Guest), 12-Dec-03 09:54 PM, #1
     Reply That's just the point..., Someone (Guest), 13-Dec-03 08:38 PM, #4
     Reply RE: That's just the point..., Laearrist, 13-Dec-03 11:50 PM, #5
     Reply RE: (DELETED) [None] Urtunlot the Defender of the Faith..., Laearrist, 13-Dec-03 11:54 PM, #6

permanewbieSun 14-Dec-03 08:46 AM
Member since 04th Mar 2003
349 posts
Click to send email to this author Click to send private message to this author Click to view this author's profile Click to add this author to your buddy list
#22748, "I'd like some clarification."
In response to Reply #0

I always wondered how any orc, let alone an orc god, could be talked into NOT just treating you like any other elf.

From a certain point of view, I always thought it somewhat poor rp on the ORCS part to be palling around with you instead of trying to rip off your ears and drink your blood.

So I've always been curious as to how you managed to convince them "IC" to accept help like that from an elf.

"Death awaits ya all, wit nasteh big pointeh teeth!"

DAurwyn (Guest)Sun 14-Dec-03 09:23 AM

#22749, "how about because he's not an elf?"
In response to Reply #7

He is half-drow.

Orcs don't drink half-breed blood really, and don't berserk into them as far as I recall.

Therefore, it is safe enough to play a role whereby orcs distinguish between the half-breeds and full-breeds.

permanewbieSun 14-Dec-03 09:08 PM
349 posts
#22760, "*sigh*"
In response to Reply #8

I understand I am vastly in the minority here....but I really dislike that.

I understand it "works" as an explanation. but I don't like it.

Orcs are supposed to be orcs. And palling around with a half-elf healer just doesn't seem orc-like to me.

By your explanation.....Orcs (renowned for their lack of intelligence) are more discerning and understanding about half-breeds than elves and dwarves and storm giants and such in Sylvan.

Ooc I have a distaste for people I see going out of their way to do what in my mind questionable rp actions based on questionable rp rationalizations.

I am not saying there can't be an explanation that I would like more...but I'm saying that your explanation doesn't cut the mustard for me. oh well.

"Death awaits ya all, wit nasteh big pointeh teeth!"

BrotminSun 14-Dec-03 09:14 PM
48 posts
#22761, "If that doesn't do it for you"
In response to Reply #10

How about the fact that Urtunlot was half-drow, not half-high elf? Orcs hate high elfs, but they don't have a problem in general with dark-elfs. So it wouldn't make sense for them to have a problem with half-dark elfs.

ValguarneraSun 14-Dec-03 10:08 PM
6904 posts
Click to send email to this author Click to send private message to this author Click to add this author to your buddy list
#22762, "Exactly. (n/t)"
In response to Reply #11

valguarnera@carrionfields.com

LaearristMon 15-Dec-03 01:22 AM
289 posts
#22767, "Thanks, I tried to respond with that, but it dissapeare..."
In response to Reply #12

blah

Evil Geniuss (Guest)Mon 15-Dec-03 05:22 PM

#22778, "Orcs are half-elves"
In response to Reply #10

of a sort.

Spontitus (Guest)Sun 14-Dec-03 11:03 AM

#22752, "Being an orc who travelled with him"
In response to Reply #7

Having two orcs in a group, there is an exp bonus, so ic you like learning with more orcs, but when a healer started following us, we could get more skills fast, which excites orcs, there fore thought him more so as a good luck shiny to have around, and between Turk an Spontitus arguing about killing him at times, he kinda got lucky for the most part. Orcs arent blind, they're just eager for lf er nome!

LaearristSat 13-Dec-03 12:38 PM
289 posts
#22729, "RE: (DELETED) [None] Urtunlot the Defender of the Faith..."
In response to Reply #0

Healer's are boring. Thrak is cool. Orcs are pimp.

Nuff said.

Spontitus (Guest)Sat 13-Dec-03 01:03 AM

#22719, "Man, i have seen you around at all"
In response to Reply #0

You were always a special blessing to spontitus, we had a lot of fun together man, good luck in everything

Jorgael (Guest)Fri 12-Dec-03 09:54 PM

#22716, "RE: (DELETED) [None] Urtunlot the Defender of the Faith..."
In response to Reply #0

Why did you delete? If I had a healer I would have stayed till con/age death since healer is welcome in any party. Any special reason?

Someone (Guest)Sat 13-Dec-03 08:38 PM

#22740, "That's just the point..."
In response to Reply #1

He could only use his powers on himself and Orcs. If an Orc weren't in the party, he wasn't a welcome addition.

LaearristSat 13-Dec-03 11:50 PM
289 posts
#22741, "RE: That's just the point..."
In response to Reply #4

That isn't entirely accurate. Urtunlot was told not to heal non orcs, which he didn't do (maybe twice) but just having someone to give sanc etc. does make one useful, but umm healers are boring.

LaearristSat 13-Dec-03 11:54 PM
289 posts
#22742, "RE: (DELETED) [None] Urtunlot the Defender of the Faith..."
In response to Reply #1

Have you ever had a healer? If you have, and managed to stay to con/age death, grats to you, but if you haven't (which I suspect) I very seriously doubt you could handle the shear boredom of just a normal healer, let alone one with the special (self-imposed) restrictions that Urtunlot had.

Top General Discussions The Battlefield Topic #22712 Previous topic | Next topic