Subject: "(CON LOSS) [FORTRESS] Gorthalon Rindular the Weaponsmas..." Previous topic | Next topic
Printer-friendly copy Email this topic to a friend CF Website
Top General Discussions The Battlefield Topic #22535
Show all folders

Death_AngelTue 02-Dec-03 03:04 PM
Member since 28th Jun 2024
16972 posts
Click to send email to this author Click to send private message to this author Click to view this author's profile Click to add this author to your buddy list
#22535, "(CON LOSS) [FORTRESS] Gorthalon Rindular the Weaponsmaster, Acolyte of the Golden Sun"

Tue Dec 2 14:03:33 2003

At 10 o'clock AM, Day of Deception, 9th of the Month of the Spring
on the Theran calendar Gorthalon perished, never to return.

Race:storm
Class:warrior
Level:51
Alignment:Good
Ethos:Orderly
Cabal:FORTRESS, the Fortress of Light
Hours:486
PK Ratio:27% (closer to 100% is better)

Alert | IP Printer Friendly copy | Reply | Reply with quote | Top

Reply IMMS, Leaf, 06-Dec-03 01:45 AM, #30
Reply Although I am hardly the authority.., Jhanderin (Guest), 13-Dec-03 12:48 AM, #34
Reply Told you that you'd die., Aiekooso (Guest), 06-Dec-03 01:31 AM, #26
Reply RE: Told you that you'd die., Leaf, 06-Dec-03 01:35 AM, #28
Reply RE: (CON LOSS) [FORTRESS] Gorthalon Rindular the Weapon..., big_mulsh (Guest), 03-Dec-03 12:20 PM, #11
Reply RE: (CON LOSS) [FORTRESS] Gorthalon Rindular the Weapon..., Leaf, 06-Dec-03 01:09 AM, #18
Reply Well done, very well done., Cartherlen (Guest), 03-Dec-03 12:11 PM, #10
Reply RE: Well done, very well done., Leaf, 06-Dec-03 01:12 AM, #19
Reply you silly bugger..., Bajula, 03-Dec-03 04:06 AM, #7
Reply RE: you silly bugger..., Leaf, 06-Dec-03 01:28 AM, #25
     Reply hehe i knew you longer than that. Dimion was still aliv..., Bajula, 06-Dec-03 04:19 PM, #31
          Reply RE: hehe i knew you longer than that. Dimion was still ..., Leaf1 (Guest), 06-Dec-03 06:14 PM, #32
               Reply yup yup, Bajula, 14-Dec-03 03:43 AM, #35
Reply And thus ends the "hero" experiment., Leaf, 02-Dec-03 07:45 PM, #2
Reply RE: And thus ends the, Rogardian, 02-Dec-03 09:16 PM, #4
Reply RE: And thus ends the, Leaf1 (Guest), 03-Dec-03 12:35 AM, #5
Reply Nice run, Lariya (Guest), 03-Dec-03 03:32 AM, #6
Reply RE: Nice run, Leaf, 06-Dec-03 01:14 AM, #20
Reply RE: And thus ends the, Isildur, 03-Dec-03 10:44 AM, #8
Reply RE: And thus ends the, Leaf, 06-Dec-03 01:17 AM, #21
Reply Bye, Elrys (Guest), 03-Dec-03 10:57 AM, #9
Reply RE: Bye, Leaf, 06-Dec-03 01:20 AM, #22
Reply Not much else to say really, Enbuergo1 (Guest), 03-Dec-03 01:08 PM, #12
Reply RE: Not much else to say really, Leaf, 06-Dec-03 01:22 AM, #23
Reply RE: And thus ends the, Goronik (Guest), 03-Dec-03 04:41 PM, #13
Reply RE: And thus ends the, Leaf, 06-Dec-03 01:24 AM, #24
Reply RE: And thus ends the, Jirash (Guest), 03-Dec-03 05:12 PM, #14
Reply RE: And thus ends the, Leaf, 06-Dec-03 01:32 AM, #27
Reply Wow.., Coumidin, 03-Dec-03 11:16 PM, #15
Reply RE: Wow.., Leaf, 06-Dec-03 01:39 AM, #29
Reply We never did get that fight, Dryzzel, 11-Dec-03 08:29 AM, #33
Reply *SIGH*, Vorondel (Guest), 02-Dec-03 04:59 PM, #1
     Reply Ah, no more fun., Leaf, 02-Dec-03 07:43 PM, #3
          Reply RE: Here I am!, Guddomelig (Guest), 04-Dec-03 07:50 PM, #16
               Reply RE: Here I am!, Leaf, 06-Dec-03 01:06 AM, #17

LeafSat 06-Dec-03 01:45 AM
Member since 04th Mar 2003
186 posts
Click to send email to this author Click to send private message to this author Click to view this author's profile Click to add this author to your buddy list Click to send message via AOL IM
#22617, "IMMS"
In response to Reply #0

First and foremost, sorry I wasn't better at what I tried to do. There was just so much I didn't know, and I was basically learning on the go. But thank you all very much for the interactions, and the game. Hearing the Spirit talk over CB or send me a tell always gave me goosebumps. I obviously don't play to be a PK master, and getting any sort of acknowledgement made me proud.

Also, did I ever warrant discussion about being named Prophet? Or was that a wild fantasy I played out in my head?

Thanks

Ignorance is bliss, and I know too many happy people.

Jhanderin (Guest)Sat 13-Dec-03 12:48 AM

#22718, "Although I am hardly the authority.."
In response to Reply #30

From what I saw with you during my time as Jhanderin and Gondorff I thought your char had an excellent grasp on what it meant to be an acolyte.

However, I think your already low con and the extremely erratic consistancy of your playtime were mitigating factors as to why I wouldnt pick you to be a leader if I was in the authority to do so.
I mean for goodness sakes man I would rip you off when I was Gastaad while you were running around with the "imperials" not see you for weeks then you would pop on and then the next time I saw you I was level 40 something with Jhanderin.

Like I said I am no authority but I think my observations are pretty good.

Anyways good char

Aiekooso (Guest)Sat 06-Dec-03 01:31 AM

#22613, "Told you that you'd die."
In response to Reply #0

Didn't think it be that way though. I must admit there were times I was worried about you. Don't worry about getting lonely though I'll send you some comapany soon.

Good luck on future projects. You never failed to impress me.

LeafSat 06-Dec-03 01:35 AM
186 posts
Click to send email to this author Click to send private message to this author Click to view this author's profile Click to add this author to your buddy list Click to send message via AOL IM
#22615, "RE: Told you that you'd die."
In response to Reply #26

I never knew how to beat you. Solo, I don't think I ever killed you. Or if I did, it was only once or twice. And that was only when you didn't have shield of ice up. Otherwise, a polearm wouldn't do it and I could never out damage you. But I learned a lot about Invokers from fighting you, and how having shields of my own and I might be able to bash you to death. I made a lot of allies just to fight you. I'd give people gear or go somewhere with them, rank them a bit, and when I needed it, I'd get shields. Prude, perhaps, but it was helpful.

You'll see me again soon enough, I think. Watch out.

Leaf

big_mulsh (Guest)Wed 03-Dec-03 12:20 PM

#22551, "RE: (CON LOSS) [FORTRESS] Gorthalon Rindular the Weapon..."
In response to Reply #0

well not bad on gorth, I still remember when you got me addicted to this game like what 5 years ago. Great job on gorth, I knew you with a couple chars, and I can't believe this was your first hero. I have to say I hate it when a giant basher stands next to my prey and i know they are gonna start bashing when i strike.

anyways keep up the good work and try another hero look forward to seeing you in the fields.

LeafSat 06-Dec-03 01:09 AM
186 posts
#22605, "RE: (CON LOSS) [FORTRESS] Gorthalon Rindular the Weapon..."
In response to Reply #11

I liked knowing you wouldn't attack Vorondel with me there. IC, Gorth thought it was because you might have respected him enough. OOC, I knew you didn't want to die. Keep showing me things. You are better than me, and I've been playing longer. But I'm going to try to show what I learned, and what I am going to learn.

Cartherlen (Guest)Wed 03-Dec-03 12:11 PM

#22550, "Well done, very well done."
In response to Reply #0

Good job little brother. From the conception of the character to the con death, I enjoyed watching you play and reading the logs. I'm still annoyed you didn't stick out the original sphere idea that was intended for the character, but regardless of that, I must say your first hero was significantly stronger than mine, way back when. I admit there were times it was annoying to think my little brother had a hero and I didn't, and I somehow managed to go through...what...four of them in the time you played Gorth? Maybe some day one of them will last that long. A long time ago you turned away from the mud, frustrated because you hadn't had the patience to make it to hero...and now I suspect that you have learned enough to become an serious impact on the mud, with whatever endeavors it is that you intend. Best of luck on whatever you come up with next...

And just think...Shadowmaster couldn't hack it, and you did. He's such a chump.

Carth

LeafSat 06-Dec-03 01:12 AM
186 posts
#22606, "RE: Well done, very well done."
In response to Reply #10

Such remarks mean a lot. Thanks.

BajulaWed 03-Dec-03 04:06 AM
929 posts
Click to send email to this author Click to send private message to this author Click to view this author's profile Click to add this author to your buddy list
#22545, "you silly bugger..."
In response to Reply #0

first, very cool character. pretty echo too, made me kinda sad irl.

second, don't be a dunce.
a dawnie warrior who con died at hero with 27% is nothing to sneeze at
each of these things you played in combination (role + dawn war + good rp + willing fighter + rules limits on acolytes + etc etc ad infinitum ad nauseum..) I mean come on here. that was one helluva juggling act.
I always found myself liking gor, no matter who i was playing.
i used to think of you as the other side of the 'vanadulin coin'
male dawn storm war vs female brigade elven arcane.. we were about the antithesis of what you would guess for the 'typical' dawn/brigade bit, always tried to travel more with ya, never really worked out.
but you were one awesome character.
rest well Gorthalon.

LeafSat 06-Dec-03 01:28 AM
186 posts
#22612, "RE: you silly bugger..."
In response to Reply #7

Really only you saw you a few times. Completely different playing times, and bad luck. I tend to log on just about any time of the day, but sometimes not for 2-3 days. Ah well, maybe next time. Good luck.

Leaf

BajulaSat 06-Dec-03 04:19 PM
929 posts
#22626, "hehe i knew you longer than that. Dimion was still aliv..."
In response to Reply #25

where you were 'coming up'

a few other characters interacted with you in the mean time.
every so often my playing times switch around though
due to work or girlfriend etc..
so yeah hardly knew you with vanadulin.
my god dimion was still alive than? you were freakin OLD!
haha

Leaf1 (Guest)Sat 06-Dec-03 06:14 PM

#22629, "RE: hehe i knew you longer than that. Dimion was still ..."
In response to Reply #31

Wow was that a long time ago. A real long time.

BajulaSun 14-Dec-03 03:43 AM
929 posts
#22745, "yup yup"
In response to Reply #32

no kidding.
well on a side note:
remember this before rolling up the next char
(i know i know too late)

the only thing necessary for the triumph of evil is for good
men to do nothing.
-edmund burke

LeafTue 02-Dec-03 07:38 PM
186 posts
#22538, "And thus ends the "hero" experiment."
In response to Reply #0
Edited on Tue 02-Dec-03 07:45 PM

Well, what can I say. My experiment with a hero ended. I sucked, as my pk ratio would verify. But, not bad for a first-time hero, first con-die, I guess. I was a Herald, sorta-Imperial with Thornarcrull and Khalmah, then the Fortress. I don't think I was out of line taking the actions I did with the char either.

As for goodbyes, I really don't know what to do. Four hundred eighty six hours is a long, long time. Especially over the course of several months, as this char was done. Basically, I met way too many people (yeah, I'm a goody inn-sitter sometimes) and it would take forever to say something to everyone. So thanks to everyone I interacted with, good or evil, mortal or non. I had a lot of fun times with this char.

Imms: Great, great game. I wish I didn't suck as much as I do, because I probably could have done a few "bigger" things with some of what was available to me. Live and learn, I suppose. The next one is on its way and I think I'm doing a bit better.

Aeir: (whoever was controlling him) That was great. It really meant a lot to get that last 15 minutes, and IC, you set Gorth's mind at complete peace over his immediate future. Thank you very much.

Anyone else, if you want to post, I'll respond.

---Oh yeah, something I just remembered. I'm curious to know why I was never able to perfect dodge. I would think that in 486 hours, it should perfect itself. Obviously, I wasn't fighting that entire time, nor did it make much of a difference to me from a pk perspective, but its been bugging me. I was hoping I'd perfect it before dying, but alas, it wasn't meant to be.

RogardianTue 02-Dec-03 09:16 PM
Member since 19th Aug 2003
26 posts
#22542, "RE: And thus ends the"
In response to Reply #2

I enjoyed having you around, and I'm glad you let me talk you out of leaving the Fort that time back when. We need some more Acolytes

Glad you had fun at the end there, unfortunately Selric wasn't around to see you off, so... incase you didn't see, you got a gecho about a silver streak across the sky and your soul rising to the Azure fields too.

Good luck with your next!

Rog, once or twice known as Aier Toldanan

Leaf1 (Guest)Wed 03-Dec-03 12:35 AM

#22543, "RE: And thus ends the"
In response to Reply #4

Oh, it was fun when you were a mort, and fun when you Imm'd. OOC, I didn't want to leave the Fort, but IC, at least thinking about it was the right thing to do. I'm glad we got to talk about it. You always were able to keep me focused. Congrats on Imm'ing, and thanks for the interactions.

Lariya (Guest)Wed 03-Dec-03 03:32 AM

#22544, "Nice run"
In response to Reply #2

The axe/pole storm warrior really isn't cut out for the support role, but you managed to pull it off perfectly a few times. One particular incident when Empire was raiding for the orb sticks out in my mind when I was literally at like 5 hps and you altruism'd me and gave me just enough juice to stay alive. As I recall we both got out of there, but maybe a rot took someone out, it's hazy. I just remembered you really bailed me out there. You did a good job given what you had, and you had heart and seemed to enjoy it. Fun character to have around, and I knew I could always count on you. You should learn how to prep against rot though in the later years

Good luck, and congrats on the first hero.

LeafSat 06-Dec-03 01:14 AM
186 posts
#22607, "RE: Nice run"
In response to Reply #6

In all honesty, after I got down to about 12 con, I never got rotted. It just happened when I would take it from someone else so they wouldn't die. Every time I did though, I knew I would survive, because you, Vorondel, and Jirash would be around to get me like 12 +con items in 5 minutes, and I'd have like 30 con. Made my job a lot easier.

You were impressive as hell the last 30 times we ran together. You crushed anything we fought. It was scary. With Vorondel hasting us, we'd run through anything in the blink of an eye. Keep the Fortress up. I'm seeing too many damn Imperials already.

IsildurWed 03-Dec-03 10:44 AM
5969 posts
#22546, "RE: And thus ends the"
In response to Reply #2

Hope you learned (later in life) to be more careful with altruism during raids. Having died myself to a gross misapplication of altruism, I felt your pain. Interacted with you with another character after Msthna and you seemed like an alright guy.

Dodge - yeah, that sucks. Since you're polearm you've got distance and parry both getting checked before dodge. The trick would be to find a high-level mob that doesn't do much damge, then fight it using your hands and a shield. Or, alternately, wielding other weapons you've yet to practice.

-Msthna

LeafSat 06-Dec-03 01:17 AM
186 posts
#22608, "RE: And thus ends the"
In response to Reply #8

Thanks for the advice on practicing. Polearm was my second spec, so dodge should have been perfected by rank 40. Oh well, live and learn.

I was really only trying to be an alright guy with Gorth. I wanted to learn as much as I could about hero life, and I learned a hell of a lot. I'm pretty greatful people were willing to take the time to show me places. I want to see if its the same on the evil side soon, but not yet.

Again, thanks.

Elrys (Guest)Wed 03-Dec-03 10:57 AM

#22548, "Bye"
In response to Reply #2

I think you were probably the last living Acolyte I inducted. I already said bye to you in my own goodbye, so I'll just say good job and leave it at that.

-Valkenar

LeafSat 06-Dec-03 01:19 AM
186 posts
#22609, "RE: Bye"
In response to Reply #9
Edited on Sat 06-Dec-03 01:20 AM

Wow did I want someone to be there when I died. (no offense to the squire that was). Anyone that was there when you died. But as my luck would have it, no. I didn't really run from either of my final two deaths though. I just sorta thought "Time is up."

You were a ton of fun to talk to, and thanks for all the heals via drinking. Saved me more than once.

I hope you're still playing, and that we run into each other again.

Leaf

Enbuergo1 (Guest)Wed 03-Dec-03 01:08 PM

#22552, "Not much else to say really"
In response to Reply #2

As I said in my goodbye, Gorth was a pretty die-hard warrior and an excellent travelling companion. Thanks for showing me around that shrine after you died to Vilkins, and for letting me in on the history of Gorth. Best of luck in the future.

LeafSat 06-Dec-03 01:22 AM
186 posts
#22610, "RE: Not much else to say really"
In response to Reply #12

Considering how much you did run solo, I thank you for the comments. When I was with you, I knew we would at least make our opponent run. We got groups and solo's equal time, if not more groups. God how I hated not being able to raid to kill someone with you. Sitting up there, hoping they would chase, was nerve wracking.

Good luck with the next. I'm sure it will be as good as this, if not better.

Goronik (Guest)Wed 03-Dec-03 04:41 PM

#22555, "RE: And thus ends the"
In response to Reply #2

I liked how you dealt with that whole "yeti hide" situation (even if Goronik saw it differently than I do as a player). In general, you fought hard and dealt with me well enough even when I did stuff that didn't give you much chance.

LeafSat 06-Dec-03 01:24 AM
186 posts
#22611, "RE: And thus ends the"
In response to Reply #13

I knew if I fought you, I was likely to die from something. I got you a few times. There were two deaths on your part in the span of an hour or so, the first I bashed you to death, the second I tripped you to death. I couldn't believe you would go into a fight with me without those up. And I can't believe I hit a 79% trip so many times during the fight.

That was the thing with Gorth. I only perfected anything I used in combat. That might say something about my pk %, but I think its mostly because I just sucked. That and I died an awful lot during raid situations, but that was because I used altruism too much.

It was fun fighting you, and good luck with the next.

Leaf

Jirash (Guest)Wed 03-Dec-03 05:12 PM

#22556, "RE: And thus ends the"
In response to Reply #2

I still remember when I was an applicant and was told to seek out an Acolyte or Scribe to speak to and then you log on a little later. We talked... fought beside eachother from time to time and now.. you're gone.
I knew your char over a long stretch of time and I must say it felt comforting to have you around. A giant warrior is always a welcome addition in any situation where a fight might arise so I must say you filled your role quite nicely. Well done for a first hero, and I hope you'll be back in some form or another.

Toots

Jirash

LeafSat 06-Dec-03 01:32 AM
186 posts
#22614, "RE: And thus ends the"
In response to Reply #14

Yeah, I was old as hell. I started the char in February I think. I was going to bring back the Knights. Then I joined Herald, then the Empire, then I met Coraelm, then I became a Servant, then I was made an Acolyte. And the rest is history.

We had some good talks, and some good fights. You were a pretty fierce fighter, and the two of us could take down most groups if we made a plan. Usually, it was target the healer or invoker. Worked often enough.

I'm already making my way back. Get Jirash on there so the Empire goes away.

CoumidinWed 03-Dec-03 11:16 PM
9 posts
#22562, "Wow.."
In response to Reply #2

Well it's been like 8 months since I deleted Rizteiqz, and here you are finally dead. Was wondering whatever happened to you.

Looks like you did a good job. Good luck with what you're doing now.

LeafSat 06-Dec-03 01:39 AM
186 posts
#22616, "RE: Wow.."
In response to Reply #15

That was a long, long time ago. There was a span of like 4-5 weeks where I logged on enough times to stay alive. And then I did it for like 2 weeks. It sucked, but it was what I had to do at the time. I don't regret it either. I wasn't a leader.

I'll need some luck for this one.

DryzzelThu 11-Dec-03 08:29 AM
Member since 04th Nov 2003
68 posts
#22694, "We never did get that fight"
In response to Reply #2

It seems we never did get that good even fight. We had one going until the Sgralnaoc showed up and bashed me. You were a tough fighter and more than I expected out of an Acolyte. Regardless, there were some tough battles both ways and you did a great job.

Dryzzel

Vorondel (Guest)Tue 02-Dec-03 04:59 PM

#22536, "*SIGH*"
In response to Reply #0

There goes the one remaining acolyte veteran And a damn good friend, too.. I liked your quiet, comforting presence. Overall an excellent Acolyte and a strong warrior, with a very original history. I never got to turn you into a rabbit, after all

Good luck with your next (try a mage?),

Vorondel

LeafTue 02-Dec-03 07:43 PM
186 posts
#22539, "Ah, no more fun."
In response to Reply #1

Join me in the azure fields, and you can try to make me a rabbit. And don't worry about the Acolytes, they'll be back again soon. It just seems like more people want to pk than anything else (myself inclued at times).

Thanks for the remarks about being an Acolyte, although I disagree on the strong warrior aspect. I just happened to be a master at spamming bash and pincer (all that was ever really asked during raids), nothing more. And isn't Guddo still around? He's a veteran Acolyte.

The problem with Gorthalon was I tried a support role with a class I'm not good enough to play support with. And I suck at mages, mostly because I don't like practicing (yeah, I know, I could play a shifter probably). I got something coming up the ranks though.

Keep the Acolytes alive. You were a ton of fun to interact with, and damn it all if you didn't make me actually think about my actions from time to time. You were a really good leader.

Leaf

Guddomelig (Guest)Thu 04-Dec-03 07:50 PM

#22584, "RE: Here I am!"
In response to Reply #3

Derned right I am still around, though it is getting hard. I remember Gorthalon with my pre-Imperial wannabe (you knew him well) and with the char after that you seemed to never be around. When I made Guddo, you started coming back around somewhere in the middle of his life. Sad to see you go, mate, and well played char!

LeafSat 06-Dec-03 01:06 AM
186 posts
#22604, "RE: Here I am!"
In response to Reply #16

It was a lot of fun being aggressive when you were around. We would lead a charge of the Squires to retrieve, us just keeping them alive. You also showed me a lot of places, which was one of the reasons I made the character (hoping polearm would help, it didn't). You might encounter me with my next creation, but then again, I think the whole mud will know me. MUHAHAHA.

Thanks for running around with me on whims, you were a lot of fun. Good luck One Man.

The Great One, aka Leaf.

Top General Discussions The Battlefield Topic #22535 Previous topic | Next topic