Subject: "(DELETED) [SCION] Jesop the Seer of the Arcane, Reveren..." Previous topic | Next topic
Printer-friendly copy Email this topic to a friend CF Website
Top General Discussions The Battlefield Topic #21498
Show all folders

Death_AngelSun 28-Sep-03 02:18 AM
Member since 25th Sep 2024
17181 posts
Click to send email to this author Click to send private message to this author Click to view this author's profile Click to add this author to your buddy list
#21498, "(DELETED) [SCION] Jesop the Seer of the Arcane, Reverend of the Ill Omen"

Sat Sep 27 22:49:43 2003

At 3 o'clock PM, Day of the Great Gods, 26th of the Month of the Dark Shades
on the Theran calendar Jesop perished, never to return.

Race:human
Class:transmuter
Level:42
Alignment:Evil
Ethos:Chaotic
Cabal:SCION, the Scions of Eternal Night
Hours:54
PK Ratio:80% (closer to 100% is better)

Alert | IP Printer Friendly copy | Reply | Reply with quote | Top

BeastSun 28-Sep-03 02:17 AM
Member since 04th Jul 2003
34 posts
Click to send email to this author Click to send private message to this author Click to view this author's profile Click to add this author to your buddy list
#21501, "Short and sweet"
In response to Reply #0

Reverend Jesop was probably the coolest idea I've had for a character for awhile and I think Beroxxus and others that got a glimpse of the char can realize it was fun, but after playing Jesop I can't think of a class that doesn't fit me worse. A transmuter is a sneaky character who chooses his fights, stalks more than an assassin, and is forced into aiding others a lot to get what they want. Duo dimension (which most annoyingly enough doesn't work on 90% of the mobs you want it to) is a great spell but has the horrible side effect of the mentality of always hiding. I rarely fought as Jesop but when I did I usually killed pretty well - the first death I think I had was to a transmuter/invoker at the Chasm where you're forced to fight on their terms (sanc/shields/tran-stuff). After having to sit in that raid and aid others, have a nightmare of a time trying to defend myself and in general not having much use in a fair match-up, I decided to delete - something that had been coming for awhile. It's just not my style to be a support assassin. I prefer more "in-your-face" characters, as shown with Wakachacha, Garguza, etc. After 54 hours of hoping to get the ability to stand in front, and searching non-stop for wands that would aid me (90% of the wands I know require killing something, a testing experience with a transmuter ... and the wands that you pick up are hardly ever there), I just grew tired and my lack of appearing times showed that.

To Beroxxus, you were great. Your religion truly holds the Scarab-ish badass mentality without the Cult's setbacks. Not to belittle the Cult, but I found that your religion is a great combination of rp, pk, and evil pride. Proof enough should be the amount of followers you have as of late. I hope I did well as your Reverend, I loved the interactions and felt satisfied. I can bet that if I stayed around it would have gotten better, but to hate the class just deters you from getting on to see if you will answer a prayer. I still can't figure out that damn mirror

To Mekantos, damn that was funny about how many people bitched about our supposed ooc-buddy group. To think, I traveled with you maybe three times when we were younger when this false truth began and I pked ONE guy with you. The rest of the time I spent pretty much alone and we didn't really interact so much. Give um Hell and show them the reason they're bitching is because they're scared. (And don't give up on the whip weapon, it may suck but the lashes in a pk is just mucho style points).

To Ghuljun, well I tried my hardest. I did a lot of exploring and searching for stuff to fit my little mini-quest (which I think I did pretty good on) and our talks were always good. Gladly enough you threw me a bone every once in awhile in our talks to continue, which is what Scions ever really need. A little acknowledgement goes a long way, and you showed that. Keep up the good work, but maybe consider giving the Chancellor to a mortal

To the rest of the Scions, good luck and good job in toughing it out. We came up from nothing and it's a pleasure to see that the Chasm still has a vicious bite, even though the Village is just disgustingly scary right now (Huren comes to mind - now that they just gave a warrior ability to stop casting and silently raid - peachy).

To everyone else, it was fun but just wasn't the class for me. I'll be around sometime with another idea if I can think of something.

Beast

Dralith (Guest)Sun 28-Sep-03 11:48 AM

#21512, "Reverend Jesop"
In response to Reply #1

Wish I would have went with you to Silent Tower the other day, guess I am pretty much SOL on that one. Should have told Dralith you needed wands, he tends to come across them quite a bit. You went from someone I considered killing, to someone I wanted as an ally. Pity you deleted, transmuters are always good to be allied with. Good luck with the next.

Mekantos (Guest)Sun 28-Sep-03 04:33 PM

#21516, "Bummer"
In response to Reply #1

To Mekantos, damn that was funny about how many people bitched about our supposed ooc-buddy group. To think, I traveled with you maybe three times when we were younger when this false truth began and I pked ONE guy with you. The rest of the time I spent pretty much alone and we didn't really interact so much. Give um Hell and show them the reason they're bitching is because they're scared. (And don't give up on the whip weapon, it may suck but the lashes in a pk is just mucho style points).

Damn man, you were the freeking Reverend! You know that the big "B" must
have really liked your roleplay to give you such a cool reputation...and
in what...54 hours? I could have sworn that you were older than that.
As far as the ooc accusation...well, let me just say that I'm done
stressing about what people think of Mekantos in any ooc communities. I
let it drag me down before, and now I just say "#### em". If they had
seen how many times I have died when you were in the game, though NOT
WITH ME, they'd probably think otherwise. I also found it funny how that
one "Shaman" posted that he thought we were a permagroup because we
killed him after he insulted our cabal right in front of us. I don't
think he knew an iota about either of us before that. Anyways, this is
turning into a semi-rant, so I'll cut the flow right now.

As far as the whip goes....well, I can't make any promises. I parry
like a bucket of chum when I'm wielding that thing, and parry is my
only reliable defense. (shield block kinda seems to never work...)

BeroxxusSun 28-Sep-03 09:06 PM
Member since 25th Apr 2003
182 posts
#21519, "RE: Short and sweet"
In response to Reply #1

>>>To Beroxxus, you were great. Your religion truly holds the Scarab-ish badass mentality without the Cult's setbacks. Not to belittle the Cult, but I found that your religion is a great combination of rp, pk, and evil pride. Proof enough should be the amount of followers you have as of late. I hope I did well as your Reverend, I loved the interactions and felt satisfied. I can bet that if I stayed around it would have gotten better, but to hate the class just deters you from getting on to see if you will answer a prayer. I still can't figure out that damn mirror <<<<

Well I certainly liked Jesop. His roleplay was very well done and was consitent the entire time. I watched you all the time after you told me your first intentions. I had some more plans for you later down the road, but I guess I can save those ideas for now. I'm glad to see you figured out one thing. I just hope you had a good time. If you were praying to me, then I wasn't on. Anyway good luck with the next.

Beroxxus

GhuljunMon 29-Sep-03 06:59 AM
Member since 11th Sep 2003
51 posts
#21533, "RE: Short and sweet"
In response to Reply #1

Jesop was a cool idea and you carried it off very well from what I could tell, from the title you recieved you obviously did. I know what you mean about the bones, really is a moral boost.

Top General Discussions The Battlefield Topic #21498 Previous topic | Next topic