Subject: "Huren" Previous topic | Next topic
Printer-friendly copy Email this topic to a friend CF Website
Top General Discussions The Battlefield Topic #21348
Show all folders

KarelTue 23-Sep-03 02:25 AM
Member since 04th Mar 2003
569 posts
Click to send email to this author Click to send private message to this author Click to view this author's profile Click to add this author to your buddy list
#21348, "Huren"

Because I don't feel like waiting the week, I'll post now. This was something of a continuation of Jolinar, except I went berserker instead of scout. Swords/daggers with whirlwind/balance. Worked out pretty well. Been a chore to log lately since the number of enemies has gone down and the number of ragers up. The last pk was an example of how bored I was. 3 people and a charmie I know are after me, could have easily avoided it, but I said screw it. I won't lie and say I enjoyed the bang and loot, but I enjoy sitting on my ass doing nothing less. My typical log lately is go get the scepter, run around a bit looking for someone, anyone, start yawning, quit after an hour or so. Sure, there's always the RP angle, but if that could sate everyone's thirst this wouldn't be a PK mud. My goodbyes are short. Villagers, enjoyed all the duels and such, not one of you I didn't dislike. Normally I would say something about people logging more often, but even if there are no RL issues, I can understand how difficult it is to bother lately. Everyone else, my interactions were at the tip of a sword. Not to say they weren't enjoyable of course. Anyways, time for a small break before the next.

"Knowledge speaks, but wisdom listens." - Jimi Hendrix

Alert | IP Printer Friendly copy | Reply | Reply with quote | Top

Reply I liked you., Deavr, 22-Sep-03 10:01 PM, #7
Reply I didn't like you., Nampnotble (Guest), 21-Sep-03 08:30 PM, #2
Reply Perspectives are odd..., Urgarg (Guest), 21-Sep-03 08:49 PM, #4
     Reply RE: Perspectives are odd..., Nampnotble (Guest), 21-Sep-03 09:56 PM, #5
          Reply Devil's Advocate, Kucerael (Guest), 22-Sep-03 06:54 PM, #8
Reply Hmm...yet agin I hate to see you go., Urgarg (Guest), 21-Sep-03 07:32 PM, #1
     Reply RE: Hmm...yet agin I hate to see you go., Karel, 21-Sep-03 08:46 PM, #3
          Reply Hurl throat SUCKS! Damn imm's giving another class a w..., Kucerael (Guest), 22-Sep-03 06:57 PM, #6

DeavrMon 22-Sep-03 10:01 PM
32 posts
Click to send email to this author Click to send private message to this author Click to view this author's profile Click to add this author to your buddy list Click to send message via AOL IM
#21368, "I liked you."
In response to Reply #0

We went toe to toe, you got better and I didn't.
Then you wiped the floor with me on your own on a few occasions.
Didn't loot much, returned gear. I'm glad I was luck to not have much magic items.

And even gave me pointers on how better to fight a berserker, or at least not die.

You would talk/taunt and I would try to kill you and fail, then sometimes I would not try and just hide, but only if I thought there were more that just you.

I liked the way you fought, no dirty tricks.

On the points below about weapon choice, you were very good against a class that needed to weaken you, just try to get a dagger spec to drop. heh.

Have a nice break, come give me pointers again some day.

I think you know who I am.

Nampnotble (Guest)Sun 21-Sep-03 08:30 PM

#21352, "I didn't like you."
In response to Reply #0

You and Koide would travel with a warrior while he was obviously using magic to see invis, wearing a set of nearly all magical eq, and would try to gang the hell out of me with him. Anytime you didn't have the advantage of numbers, or me being already in combat and nearly dead, you would run and hide like a bitch. I didn't like you, didn't respect you, and never could figure out how the hell you even got in the village.

I fought you as Jolinar and respected him. This character I felt was nothing but a little ganging hide-when-I-don't-have-numbers-on-my-side bitch.

Urgarg (Guest)Sun 21-Sep-03 08:49 PM

#21354, "Perspectives are odd..."
In response to Reply #2

I have always wondered how two people can get such a hugely differing perspective about the same player. I never once encountered him with another villager nor heard a wink of him ganging. I am not saying your wrong, just that I think it wild how as much as I was around him I didn't see it. As far as the hiding when you dont have numbers on your side I suppose I would have to get a better idea of what you mean to comment. I have been called a coward numerous times because I would not walk out and fight three on one when those same players would never fight me on even terms. When do you consider it hiding?

Nampnotble (Guest)Sun 21-Sep-03 09:56 PM

#21356, "RE: Perspectives are odd..."
In response to Reply #4

Well, the perspective thing I can understand. Anytime a villager other than Koide was around, Huren was the soul of Ragerness. Hell, if the commander was around, he might even raid.

As for the numbers thing, the one night that really stands out in my mind was a few weeks ago. It was 2 of us, myself and Mothaiba around. Koide, Huren and a third warrior who shall remain nameless (incidentally a warrior well known for being fond of magic) attacked me several times when I was alone, and Koide died repeatedly. When Mothaiba logged in and joined me, all 3 went into hiding. I'm pretty sure 2 villagers and a third magic using warrior ought to be able to fight a mage and his bondmate, or at least not have to go into hiding.

Kucerael (Guest)Tue 23-Sep-03 02:25 AM

#21363, "Devil's Advocate"
In response to Reply #5

The bond between an offense/air shifter and a bard is utterly sick. You've got a pair of stoneskinned, hasted, jack'd, resisting'd, (etc bard songs, etc wands & scrolls) asswhoopers coming after you. If the bard gets off "when...," they're all dead unless they run super fast. Even then, with an airform on them they're all just meat.

...and even more other little tidbits from that bond go with it too

Urgarg (Guest)Sun 21-Sep-03 07:32 PM

#21350, "Hmm...yet agin I hate to see you go."
In response to Reply #0

The line "Villagers, enjoyed all the duels and such, not one of you I didn't dislike." I hope I am taking the wrong way. You have deleted two char's of whom I liked both so even if the feeling is not mutual I hate to see you go. You did call it right on the money about the lack of enemies as of late. My life went from one villager and four nexuns each eve to five villagers and no enemies each eve. It is an odd turnaround. I too was suprised by how effective the spec/legacy combo was in our battles. I was thinking that it was great for warrior battles but unsure how you would fare against shapeshifters and invokers. If you had enough opprunity to test it let me know how you felt it did. When the tides change again, and they always do, maybe we can get you back on board when you can get some action. Till then see you in the fields.

KarelSun 21-Sep-03 08:46 PM
569 posts
Click to send email to this author Click to send private message to this author Click to view this author's profile Click to add this author to your buddy list
#21353, "RE: Hmm...yet agin I hate to see you go."
In response to Reply #1

ah, yeah, my bad. not one i didn't like, or not of of you i disliked... as for the specs, yeah, against pretty much any warrior they worked damn well, unless they could pull out a whole lot of hurt real quick, like Zhelrantix and those flurries. Worked about as well for every other class. Despite the comments of certain people, offense shifters weren't a problem, and of the shifters i fought, only a mongoose/porcupine presented any problem. Invokers...yeah, no trouble with them. If anything, I would say my choices were poorest against assassins.

"Knowledge speaks, but wisdom listens." - Jimi Hendrix

Kucerael (Guest)Mon 22-Sep-03 06:57 PM

#21364, "Hurl throat SUCKS! Damn imm's giving another class a w..."
In response to Reply #3

asdf

Top General Discussions The Battlefield Topic #21348 Previous topic | Next topic