Subject: "(DELETED) [EMPIRE] Diegrcso the Shadow, Elite Imperial ..." Previous topic | Next topic
Printer-friendly copy Email this topic to a friend CF Website
Top General Discussions The Battlefield Topic #20436
Show all folders

Death_AngelSat 16-Aug-03 09:48 PM
Member since 22nd May 2024
16865 posts
Click to send email to this author Click to send private message to this author Click to view this author's profile Click to add this author to your buddy list
#20436, "(DELETED) [EMPIRE] Diegrcso the Shadow, Elite Imperial Shadow"

Sat Aug 16 21:46:07 2003

At 8 o'clock PM, Day of the Bull, 15th of the Month of the Winter Wolf
on the Theran calendar Diegrcso perished, never to return.

Race:felar
Class:thief
Level:44
Alignment:Evil
Ethos:Orderly
Cabal:EMPIRE, the Empire
Hours:189
PK Ratio:65% (closer to 100% is better)

Alert | IP Printer Friendly copy | Reply | Reply with quote | Top

Reply Well so much for the felar thief experiment., Krivohan, 16-Aug-03 10:07 PM, #1
     Reply well., Tivald (Guest), 16-Aug-03 10:22 PM, #2
     Reply Pain in the arse!, Tylandrin (Guest), 16-Aug-03 10:40 PM, #3
     Reply RE: Well so much for the felar thief experiment., Isildur, 16-Aug-03 10:57 PM, #4
     Reply hah failed traps?, Vanadulin (Guest), 17-Aug-03 12:20 AM, #5
     Reply Yuntewara, Beer, 17-Aug-03 11:09 AM, #6
     Reply RE: Yuntewara, Krivohan, 17-Aug-03 04:35 PM, #7
     Reply good enemy, Quid (Guest), 17-Aug-03 04:37 PM, #8
     Reply Of the guild, Tanadin (Anonymous), 17-Aug-03 05:07 PM, #9
          Reply If it's not off-limits asking..., Random ThinkerI (Guest), 17-Aug-03 05:56 PM, #10
          Reply This should be fairly obvious, Gastaad (Guest), 17-Aug-03 06:43 PM, #11
               Reply and, the man (Guest), 18-Aug-03 06:53 AM, #13
          Reply RE: Of the guild, and a side note for Khasotholas., Krivohan, 17-Aug-03 08:37 PM, #12

KrivohanSat 16-Aug-03 10:07 PM
Member since 04th Mar 2003
80 posts
Click to send email to this author Click to send private message to this author Click to view this author's profile Click to add this author to your buddy list Click to send message via AOL IM
#20437, "Well so much for the felar thief experiment."
In response to Reply #0

This character started out as a joke. I wanted to clown around with a felar thief and check out weapontrip with a spear. Well weapontrip failed way too much even when perfected to be reliable. Felars are also horrible trap thieves. I couldnt dual wield which made fighting certain classes a real pain in the ass. For my first thief though I dont think he turned out that bad. I very rarely used preps, because I didn't feel like wasting the weight.
The good-
I never had a lack of enemies.
Shadow sect is a great sect to be in. The best sect in the whole Empire.
Trap thieves with the right ingrediants can be fun however, it seemed that today my traps where failin a lot more than they used to. I failed quite a few today using the same ingrediant I always had.
The bad-
Rahnac getting 500 gold given to him and becoming spymaster even though I still had him beat in the guild. I'm pretty sure I knew the reasoning behind it but it still felt lame to me.
The Imperials who decided to play new character rather than logging in and taking it like a man.
The Vanquisher greeting shadows. Shadows not being able to loot from other sects pits. The healer blessing shadows when you're eavesdropping someone.

I think I was hurt a lot because I didn't bother writing a role, but this character was never supposed to go anywhere. Ivuzerursus or whatever, I could never tell if you were a real good or real lucky. Overall I think you were a good character, but learn to say something besides fool. Astilamos I can't say you impressed me. Khalizad, I felt bad looting your armor. That T duergar warrior felt bad about looting you to. Isengrim, yes I stole the blade back after giving it to you. I couldn't resist. Liralyth was always fun working with you. Yanacek, Kogefibo, Amadalie never really saw any of you.

Jirash you caught me napping that one time and damn did it piss me off. Always wanted to find you alone after that, but no luck. To all the air shifter/offense you never worried me as much as you annoyed me. Vethna damn we chased each other forever. You made me wish I had dual wield.

Tivald (Guest)Sat 16-Aug-03 10:22 PM

#20439, "well."
In response to Reply #1

I sure am glad you are gone.

I don't know about your traps failing. I have had like 4 characters who have faught against trap thieves on occasion, and I have never once hit a trap that didn't work.

I even think it kinda hokie that (in my experiance anyway) airshield and shield of winds has NEVER helped against any of those traps (I mean come on...dust that you accidently inhale to put you to sleep isn't blocked by airshield...but blindness dust is?)

I was always surprised at how effectively painful you and other trap thieves were able to be using that sleep/fear/forcing them to pwk themselves.

Well, I guess hearing an enemy say that they are glad you are gone is a compliment. *smile*

Tylandrin (Guest)Sat 16-Aug-03 10:40 PM

#20441, "Pain in the arse!"
In response to Reply #1

Damn...that pisses me off. I was going to make sure to slay you a couple of times. I hate trap thieves as an anti-paladin. It is annoying to have to sit there for 14 hours and watch things dissappear from my inventory. Good job being a pain. Luck to you on your next character.

IsildurSat 16-Aug-03 10:57 PM
5969 posts
Click to send email to this author Click to send private message to this author Click to view this author's profile Click to add this author to your buddy list
#20443, "RE: Well so much for the felar thief experiment."
In response to Reply #1

Immortal Friends of the Empire:

All the below by design?

>The Vanquisher greeting shadows. Shadows not being able to
>loot from other sects pits. The healer blessing shadows when
>you're eavesdropping someone.

Vanadulin (Guest)Sun 17-Aug-03 12:20 AM

#20446, "hah failed traps?"
In response to Reply #1

hehe you just didnt catch others because i fell into every one of em.
got a lil piece of a log just for you.
in this one you are sneaky sneaky.. no one but those who were there know the most embarassing moment. and man have there been some!
your traps at least gave me a chance to go grab a beer or smoke or something. with the umpteen million hour timers and all.
i did manage to miss one trap of yours about a dozen times. but that was the only one.

***my second most embarrassing moment***
(possibly third after something i did today hehe)

nice lady: Watch for traps if you can harm sneaky sneaky.

nice lady: Heck, he just said he set two.

**snipped a buncha stuff and trimmed alot of other as i dunno what is okay to post and what not**

The freezing temperatures chill you to the bone.
You step back into three dimensions.
The extreme cold wounds you.

You begin to inhale a fine powder.... ZZZZzzzzzz.

You are surrounded by a white aura.

myself: oh damn they got me

nice lady: myself is knocked out.

You are revealed!
You are covered with glowing purple dust.

nuther good guy: Coming

myself: heh freezing made me visible.

nice lady: **ref to cabal thingy here**, I'll wake you

You begin to inhale a fine powder.... ZZZZzzzzzz.

Autosaving.

myself: ohhh man slept again!?!?!

funny fella: Paws comin'

nice lady: He said he set two.

myself: heh

You step back into three dimensions.
(PK) goodguy In the Foothills
nice lady In the Foothills
(PK) sneaky sneaky In the Foothills
otherguy In the Foothills
lil'ol meanie In the Foothills
nuther good guy In the Foothills
(PK) myself In the Foothills

508/508 hp 978/1069 m 596/596 mv 23553 tnl 12 PM
sneaky sneaky leaves west.
sneaky sneaky has fled!
otherguy snorts.

c 'neurological disruption' sneaky sneaky

lil'ol meanie has been promoted through the Imperial ranks.

BeerSun 17-Aug-03 11:09 AM
322 posts
Click to send private message to this author Click to view this author's profile Click to add this author to your buddy list
#20467, "Yuntewara"
In response to Reply #1

Heh, that goddamn thief who'd loot my goodies as oath and well...pretty much all the goddamn time! Had fun ranking with you and good job!

KrivohanSun 17-Aug-03 04:35 PM
80 posts
Click to send email to this author Click to send private message to this author Click to view this author's profile Click to add this author to your buddy list Click to send message via AOL IM
#20473, "RE: Yuntewara"
In response to Reply #6

Yea forgot about you. Yes, I looted from everybody. If you cant prove it it didn't happen though.

Quid (Guest)Sun 17-Aug-03 04:37 PM

#20474, "good enemy"
In response to Reply #1

always loved to see you around cause I knew you'd be after me.
That time when you and Liralyth came for me taught me quite a bit. a) that shadows had a damned good track power and b) don't underestimate assassins with spike toed boots

Sorry but you never really scared me considering I would be nailing you bad in pk fights with only whatever friend you had dealing the damage to make me run. always wished one of those days I'd kill you before I had to run *shakes fist at Liralyth*

anyway thanks for stealing my #### and having me on my toes every time I went on a major road. good luck with whatevers next an' all that

-Kertaki

Tanadin (inactive user)Sun 17-Aug-03 05:07 PM
Charter member
In response to Reply #1

First I'll say that you were a damn good and deadly thief from when I watched you wreck havoc on others. As well when watching others in your range, they would always be worried about if you were around and where you had been.

Now onto the Guild, all things being equal there was one thing that truthfully held you back from Spymaster .(And granted I felt bad you not getting it, but it was the opinion of a few others as well) It was more so the fact that you weren't a full trapper path thief, and the way we are moving with the thief guilds, we are looking for full path thieves to lead them. That was the reason why Rahnac was named instead of you, and not because you didn't have a role. (since to me you rped well enough when watched and didn't need a role to explain anything of your dealings.)

Well done and good luck on any other chars.

Random ThinkerI (Guest)Sun 17-Aug-03 05:56 PM

#20477, "If it's not off-limits asking..."
In response to Reply #9

Why do you want full path thieves leading? Mixed paths seems much more effective, certainly.

Gastaad (Guest)Sun 17-Aug-03 06:43 PM

#20483, "This should be fairly obvious"
In response to Reply #10

Shouldnt the leader of a guild be the most adept in what is taught in the guild as well as being a good leader?

the man (Guest)Mon 18-Aug-03 06:53 AM

#20514, "and"
In response to Reply #11

Don't forget that thieves may not always be one guild, in practice.

At the moment, having one thieves guild restricts rp and pk a lot.

If you accept that guilds might divide, by city or by path, it then makes much more sense for leaders to be single path experts. After all, your guildmaster should be able to train you in everything your guild does.

KrivohanSun 17-Aug-03 08:37 PM
80 posts
#20487, "RE: Of the guild, and a side note for Khasotholas."
In response to Reply #9

That was my guess as well, but I had already started the other path when I decided to shoot for it. If you noticed I quit praying to you after that whole ordeal, because I figured why and I giving to this guy and he isn't giving anything in return.

Ruled by greed die by greed. I hated taking that damn bet Khas, because I just knew I'd lose. Not that I was worried about you cheating, but I just had a bad feeling on the whole matter. When I thought on it though I decided there was no way a sphere greed wouldn't take the chance of gaining more power. If you have the log I'd love for it to be posted. My comp crashed before I could log it. Also its bs you cant eavesdrop immortals.

Top General Discussions The Battlefield Topic #20436 Previous topic | Next topic