Subject: "(DELETED) [BATTLE] Feolin the Weaponsmaster" Previous topic | Next topic
Printer-friendly copy Email this topic to a friend CF Website
Top General Discussions The Battlefield Topic #19877
Show all folders

Death_AngelWed 30-Jul-03 10:20 PM
Member since 23rd May 2024
16866 posts
Click to send email to this author Click to send private message to this author Click to view this author's profile Click to add this author to your buddy list
#19877, "(DELETED) [BATTLE] Feolin the Weaponsmaster"

Wed Jul 30 22:18:46 2003

At 7 o'clock AM, Day of Freedom, 25th of the Month of the Grand Struggle
on the Theran calendar Feolin perished, never to return.

Race:duergar
Class:warrior
Level:51
Alignment:Evil
Ethos:Chaotic
Cabal:BATTLE, the BattleRagers, Haters of Magic
Hours:198
PK Ratio:66% (closer to 100% is better)

Alert | IP Printer Friendly copy | Reply | Reply with quote | Top

Reply RE: (DELETED) [BATTLE] Feolin the Weaponsmaster, Drahkul (Guest), 03-Aug-03 07:15 PM, #6
Reply Okay, okay, I'll reply., Feolin (Guest), 03-Aug-03 03:49 PM, #5
Reply RE: Okay, okay, I'll reply., Legedri (Guest), 03-Aug-03 10:30 PM, #7
Reply RE: Okay, okay, I'll reply., Theaus (Guest), 03-Aug-03 10:48 PM, #8
Reply Hmm, Gwy (Guest), 04-Aug-03 06:28 AM, #9
Reply Of course I remember!, Feolin (Guest), 04-Aug-03 04:48 PM, #11
Reply What was that warcry? You be spillin' my stout?....., robturner, 04-Aug-03 02:58 PM, #10
Reply RE: Okay, okay, I'll reply., Cylandrael (Guest), 04-Aug-03 04:59 PM, #12
Reply RE: Okay, okay, I'll reply., Zylundak (Guest), 04-Aug-03 05:32 PM, #13
Reply You Done Good Kid..., Quezzumpliet, 05-Aug-03 02:33 AM, #15
     Reply What the #### are you smokin?, Legedri (Guest), 05-Aug-03 02:50 AM, #16
     Reply I think you have smoked enough..., Quezzumpliet, 05-Aug-03 10:34 AM, #17
     Reply You were a slippery one., Feolin (Guest), 05-Aug-03 06:45 PM, #18
Reply Well done, Feolin., Rager long gone (Guest), 03-Aug-03 01:17 PM, #4
Reply RE: Rigged Rites, Drahkul (Guest), 04-Aug-03 09:59 PM, #14
Reply RE: (DELETED) [BATTLE] Feolin the Weaponsmaster, Urgarg (Guest), 02-Aug-03 06:29 PM, #3
Reply RE: (DELETED) [BATTLE] Feolin the Weaponsmaster, Cerkc (Guest), 02-Aug-03 08:53 AM, #2
Reply Damnit!, Arvam, 30-Jul-03 11:55 PM, #1

Drahkul (Guest)Sun 03-Aug-03 07:15 PM

#20038, "RE: (DELETED) [BATTLE] Feolin the Weaponsmaster"
In response to Reply #0

That about sums up the reason why I deleted also there Feolin, with a few other small twists. Anyway, I loved your character, you reminded me alot like myelf except you were very jolly and I was pretty serious, but besides that we were very similar. You fought well, your heart was strong, and you roleplayed very very well. I hope I get the chance of interacting with you at some other point in time, all the best.

War On.

Feolin (Guest)Sun 03-Aug-03 03:49 PM

#20017, "Okay, okay, I'll reply."
In response to Reply #0

There comes a time when a character just...looses the appeal. I rolled Feolin and had a blast for awhile, but after a time, it just ceased to be fun anymore. Hence the deletion. There were a number of Villagers that I thought were great:

Urgarg - Loved your character man, good luck.

Cerkc - I wish I would have seen you more, but I dug you when I did see you. I had very different playing times then most villagers.

Cylandrael - Man were you a cool cat to have around. I think I always caught you at the very end of my playing session.

Theaus - You just kept going and going. I really felt bad for you, alot.

Legedri - The only one that had semi-same playing hours as me, good luck to you, you are a tough fighter.

Sayangu - Heh, you were around forever man, FOREVER! It was a pleasure when you'd show your face, it always made me feel "warm and fuzzy inside."

Joushin - You had something very unique about your character, good job. We really did have totally different outlooks on life, but it was fun to watch the clash play out.

Ezrail - Thanks for the interview and recomentation. You really were a great one to have around.

Kugnar - Balls to the wall, that sums your character up well. I really liked you, alot.

Drahkul - Damn did it suck when you deleted or what? You were really a badass. I thought you made a really great commander and wish you would have stuck it out. I can understand why you didn't, but still, I really liked your character. I really can't say enough good things about you.

Zylundak - From the time I first talked to you for a recommendation and you told me "I'm ranking, talk to someone else" you rubbed me the wrong way. I hope you do a good job as commander, the village is kinda hurting right now and needs a strong leader. Do you ever talk to anyone? I mean I'd say stuff to you over the CB and even in tells and I think I got a response...once? Maybe not ever.

Enemies:

Quezz - Damned you for having a katana like mine! Grats on immorting, I hope it works out for you and you stick it out.

Jumalde - Bastard! You were one tough cookie, grats on the leadership. I wish battle could have had a within leader 30 mins after loosing theirs.

Boigeran - Yeah, you owned me there towards the end of the characters life, good work, you were tough.

Everyone else...I really didn't have problems with fighting or at least getting away from really quickly if I needed to. With some exceptions (like being caught in quicksand and having a bard and an invoker pound on you).

Imms:

Kastylln - I think you do a bang up job for the Village. I know its hard being one of the only imms of a cabal and your time is really stretched thin when it comes to all the duties you have as an Imm. I'd just like to say thanks for sticking with it and making battle a fun place.

Thror - Where did you go!? I can't tell you how much fun it is being in battle with you around. Us mortals miss you, alot. You really do add TONS to being a villager. I hope everything is alright with you.

Arvam - Man, you are absolutely the coolest, ever! I really can't give you enough thanks for the interactions. You singlehandedly are responsible for prolonging this characters life. I'd log on, see that I had exactly 0 friends around and about 13 people that wanted me dead and I'd think to myself...I wonder if I went and prayed, would I get some fun interactions with Arvam? And even if I didn't, the mere chance made it all worthwhile. You really are a great Imm. Thanks for the tat, I can't tell you the pride that came in having it.

The rest of the Imms - You all continually do a bang up job. Thank you all for all the fun you bring to all of us addicts. Day after day, you take #### from people and continue to run a smooth and very enjoyable game for FREE! I could say thank you, but that wouldn't even begin to be enough. But just for ####s and grins, thanks.

I'll end in saying this: The rites did leave a sour taste in my mouth, but believe it or not, it was one of the most fun times I had in the Village. Did I delete because of that? No way. I was really upset with my legacy choices. On paper, they were great, but the way they played out...not so great. Did I delete because of that? No way. There is just a time when a character is no longer fun and when that time comes, it is time to move onto something else. Plain and simple, that is why I deleted.

(51 H-Elf Thi) (BATTLE) Gough the Dumb Blonde
(51 D-Elf War) (EMPIRE) Tyldur the Knight Hero, Imperial Soldier
(51 Human Tra) (ENTROPY) Yarnty the Hero of Alteration
(51 Elf Tra) (ARBITER) Calarathiel Tanthanalas, the Beloved Child of the Hummingbird, Aribter Lady
(51 Human Bar) (MARAN) Pohanad the Ale-Soaked Maran, Drunken Drummer of the Brigade
(51 Human Asn) (NEXUS) Nydeikon the Unseen Flame, Lord Elder of Nexus
(51 Arial Hea) Prendarid Pencilbeak the Protector of Faith, Seeker of Ovens
(51 Felar War) (NEXUS) Braoldan the Weaponmaster
...and last but not least...
(51 Duerg War) (BATTLE) Feolin the Weaponmaster

Legedri (Guest)Sun 03-Aug-03 10:30 PM

#20045, "RE: Okay, okay, I'll reply."
In response to Reply #5

It was cool having you around considering most of the time I was on I was alone. Had a lot of fun raiding/defending/exploring/etc with ya. You weren't the only one who had a problem with the rites. Everyone that used their own weapons instead of grimes ends up with a leadership position. Interviews will be granted after the rites, ya right. It was decided before the rites ever took place, which is cool just don't ####in lead us on. Anyway, I'm starting to rant. I feel your frustration and may soon join you in the eternal dirt nap.

Theaus (Guest)Sun 03-Aug-03 10:48 PM

#20046, "RE: Okay, okay, I'll reply."
In response to Reply #5

Yeah, Theaus was really a beat around character...meaning everyone beat him around. Tho I would recommend a defender to anyone that wants a lil excitement in their lives and not afraid of having to work all the time.

Well done, with you and Khajereh out of the picture the Village is really hurting, luck on your next bud.

Gwy (Guest)Mon 04-Aug-03 06:28 AM

#20054, "Hmm"
In response to Reply #5

You seemed like a 'nice' fella indeed (as far as you can say that of evils), and as a player I sometimes bad about jumping you time and time again.. and for a bard it's so easy to deal with duergars.. Sorry about that .. Something else .. You were Pohanad huh.. geez.. that's been some time .. you remember an elf bard with the title 'the drunk wanderer' ? (forgot which one it is, but I remember we had fun).. Anyways, good luck on your next one..

Gwyythinniel

Feolin (Guest)Mon 04-Aug-03 04:48 PM

#20063, "Of course I remember!"
In response to Reply #9

You got the title after I immed, I hinted around at your roleplay and you were awarded accordingly, good work with the character, she was fun. And as for the dealing with duergars, yeah...fiends, especially powerful ones, whipped my rear-end, fast. And I don't blame you for attacking me all those times you did, I completely understand. I just wish ONE goodie would have tried talking to me instead of just attacking me on sight. Being a maran is much more then attacking people with red auras. Of course if you would have talked to me, you probably still would have ended up attacking me, but it was that no one even tried that was upsetting to see.

robturnerMon 04-Aug-03 02:58 PM
Member since 24th May 2003
47 posts
Click to send email to this author Click to send private message to this author Click to view this author's profile Click to add this author to your buddy list
#20061, "What was that warcry? You be spillin' my stout?....."
In response to Reply #5

Man the first time I saw that I laughed so hard. Fit the character perfectly. Ranked with you when we were younger for a bit, then we ended up on opposite sides of the fence.

Cylandrael (Guest)Mon 04-Aug-03 04:59 PM

#20064, "RE: Okay, okay, I'll reply."
In response to Reply #5

Ah hell, now who am I going to get into name calling fights with? You defnately made ranking fun, along with raiding, and any other trouble we could get into. And I bet there would have been no limit as to the trouble either. Well done, and good luck with the next. HOpe to see another villager soon.

Cylandrael, "The Fat Giant" yelling at a "Short Gully Dwarf"

Zylundak (Guest)Mon 04-Aug-03 05:32 PM

#20065, "RE: Okay, okay, I'll reply."
In response to Reply #5

I know I dont speak much, and solo ranking to hero took up alot of time
most of the time I would refer you to another if I remember correct, but
sometimes I dont even do that. I liked you much more than you knew, the
same with many other villagers, whats even more funny is that I have
interacted with five of your past chars, six if you count Feolin, I
garontee you dont recognize me. All the same, I loved your char, your
flambouyant,uplifting heart, in battle was great to see.

QuezzumplietTue 05-Aug-03 02:33 AM
Member since 26th Jul 2003
128 posts
Click to send email to this author Click to send private message to this author Click to view this author's profile Click to add this author to your buddy list Click to send message via ICQ
#20079, "You Done Good Kid..."
In response to Reply #5

... you were fun to have around, seeing as I couldn't hide from you in most situations. We had alot of fun fights and interactions though I got a chuckle over you and legedri teaming up to hunt me. Funny stuff. I have to admit there were times you seemed inexperienced, not sure why since looking at who you have played I'd have thought you would be tougher. Still, good stuffis all around. As for the katana it was basically the same from what I remember when I had a Seeker under you as Whil, just had a different name is all. I would have prefered something a little more unique but it was a great weapon. Too bad you didnt stick it out, the village can use you. No need to say good luck, im sure your next character will be memorable.

--Quezz

Legedri (Guest)Tue 05-Aug-03 02:50 AM

#20082, "What the #### are you smokin?"
In response to Reply #15

Cause I want some. I have never ganged anyone unless it was in a raid situation and even then I often held back. I only fought you once outside the village or rift and that was when I just entered hero range, and admittedly got tooled. If you're talkin about the time we had you pinned in the rift, well that doesn't count. And damn you for never missing a strangle on me. =P

QuezzumplietTue 05-Aug-03 10:34 AM
Member since 26th Jul 2003
128 posts
Click to send email to this author Click to send private message to this author Click to view this author's profile Click to add this author to your buddy list Click to send message via ICQ
#20098, "I think you have smoked enough..."
In response to Reply #16

.. as you seem a little addled minded where your memory is concerned. You and Feolin were not trying to raid for the Link, you were after me, I couldn't be pinned unless I was the target. I didnt cry foul or call it ganging, but you should at least recognize it for what it is. As for only fighting once, how could I have not missed multiple strangles if we had not engaged in combat more than once. Again, I didnt think of either of you as gangers, but you traveled closely and I often fought the two of you by myself.

--Quezz

Feolin (Guest)Tue 05-Aug-03 06:45 PM

#20109, "You were a slippery one."
In response to Reply #15

Yeah, I remember that time up in the Rift, you did well to hold the two of us off like that. You were a quality fighter. But in my book, nothing beats that time you killed the giant to loot the pit when I was about 30ish. Then when you hit the big D and looted what you could, he lagged you out with some mean misdirections and you died. I think Legedri was there too, cheering over the nice felar-only stuff he scored. I felt bad for you behind the computer, but still for some reason found myself laughing out loud. All and all, I found myself respecting you the more time went on, good work. And as for the inexperiance, well...maybe it was the dumb drunkard role? I dunno, I am, after all, a stinky newb

Rager long gone (Guest)Sun 03-Aug-03 01:17 PM

#20012, "Well done, Feolin."
In response to Reply #0

facing ragers often recently, I considered you the best. Maybe not the deadliest, but the best because I never saw you bend the rules.... (Like one duo who liked to fight "one on one" meaning one would start, the second would jump in to keep the opponent busy while the first one had time to flee and attempt another blackjack).

I am sure you will be missed, both within the village and without.

But, I also understand why you might have decided to leave. I too had a villager a long while ago who witnessed a rigged Rites. And at that time it made me lose total interest in the character and I moved on.

I don't know if that is the reason or not, but is totally understandable to lose interest in a char when you witness something like 'The only chars who break the "Only Grime's weapons" rule are the only ones who win in the rites, so they are the ones who get the leadership spot'.

Drahkul (Guest)Mon 04-Aug-03 09:59 PM

#20066, "RE: Rigged Rites"
In response to Reply #4

I highly doubt the rites are rigged. Regardless, you can use other weapons besides the ones that Grime supplies--not sure if feolin was counting these out but you are also allowed to wield the weapons found within the arena that are scattered throughout.

Urgarg (Guest)Sat 02-Aug-03 06:29 PM

#19999, "RE: (DELETED) [BATTLE] Feolin the Weaponsmaster"
In response to Reply #0

What? Where? Why? Bah! Ezrail, Kugnar, Theaus, and now feolin gone...no wonder I get so damned lonesome in the village. Man will I miss you buddy. Without getting all wordy I think you know how much I liked your char and your roleplay was outstanding. I truely felt you should have had a leadership position comming out of the rites. Oh well I'll hope to see you about the village in some form again soon. Best to you in whatever you decide to play next.

Cerkc (Guest)Sat 02-Aug-03 08:53 AM

#19984, "RE: (DELETED) [BATTLE] Feolin the Weaponsmaster"
In response to Reply #0

I second the dammit. I thought you were one of the better ragers I have seen in a while and I enjoyed your RP a lot.

ArvamWed 30-Jul-03 11:55 PM
Member since 04th Mar 2003
218 posts
#19879, "Damnit!"
In response to Reply #0

Oh well. You did great, I really liked how you tied in the religion to battle's philosophy. That was probably one of the most clever ways I've seen that done. Damn if I could think of a fun title for you. Anyway, I hope you had fun, you did a good job.

Top General Discussions The Battlefield Topic #19877 Previous topic | Next topic