Subject: "Since I'm tired of waiting on the Death Angel." Previous topic | Next topic
Printer-friendly copy Email this topic to a friend CF Website
Top General Discussions The Battlefield Topic #19840
Show all folders

Theaus (Guest)Tue 29-Jul-03 09:23 PM

#19840, "Since I'm tired of waiting on the Death Angel."

Where to start...well this was my first neo-thief, and second thief ever...second hero as well. Theaus was rolled so that I might go looking for potions and scrolls, and svirf just so I had 100% lore, so I didn't write any sort of role. Figured I'd go Nexus cause my first hero was a Nexan and the rp, which I did lil of anyways, was fun and the members are quite helpful usually. When I first joined there were two Village, galadon thieves, Alarin and Sabienne that I would have to fight during raids but be social to outside of that...well one drunked night I was killed by an a-p and a necro,I think, I was traveling with and I told Sabienne that I would do anything to have them killed and to hell with the Balance...that started the whole leaving Nexus thing, which only too a day or two at most, Thanks Kastellyn for breaking the bond, that was pretty cool. Anyways since I knew most of the VIllage and at the time there was a Villager warrior,I think, that went over to Nexus I figured I'd try the reverse. It was going well, was taking 100 hours or so, but then work picked up and I didnt have time to play for three weeks or so and was already to let Theaus auto, when on a fluke I logged in to see Sabienne an imm and that the Village had a new Leader so I went back at it. Which took another 30 hours or so but Drahkul finally inducted me...what a great time that was, I've had a couple of Villagers before but Theaus was by far my most fun, he was damn useless in most situations and not all together frightening but stealing the head back after a raid is priceless. Anyways frustrated over the lack of Village members logging on and low con I figured it was time to pull the plug on him.

Goodbyes: Likely to forget a few after 350 hours but I'll give it a whirl...no particular order.

Kastellyn: Once again thanks for breaking the bond, and being part of the anti-life quest was great.

Sabienne: You were a good friend during your mortal life, didn't see you much after you ascended but you are right...quicksand is a mother.

Moligant: Brother, being a Gapverdi was pretty cool, I know you must have been like wtf is he doing half the time, but my rp is less then average I think, so I couldnt really pull off what you wanted, I tried my best, sorry to leave you hanging, gratz on Ascension.

Ocelevan: The third Kingpin that Theaus got to know, well done as well, there was more I wished to do with you and for the guild but oh well..perhaps some of the things I started will bear fruit.

Drahkul: Great Commander, terrifying warrior, and one person I never had a problem going along with for eq, Thanks for seeing past the former Nexus thing.

Zylundak: Unfortunately I didn't stay around long enough to see what you do with the Village but I think you are on the right track, kind of thought you suddenly went on an ego trip tho...well done all the same.

Astilamos: Damn you were prolly my biggest arch-enemy at the beggining of my hero levels, you got me twice for experience losses due to summoning and we battled quite a few more then that, killing you would have been a treat, gratz on getting Emperor.

Tirrarreor: I think of you when I think of Astilamos, you two really messed up my con there due to summons and what not...finally got you a few times and your last death as well I think. Fly potions would have saved your ass a lot. I thought you did well anyways.

Nydeikon: I remember talking trash to you before I could hurt you then I got there and was like damn, he can fight..I got you once I think when you and two others raided before I fell, my crowing achievement...har har, well done on Ascension as well. That last time before you ascended in Hamsah after I had gone stealing and lost roughly 100 gold coins was a pain.

Jumalde/Boigeran: I'll put you two together cause I thought you both were beasts, axes truly are a thieves worst friend. Well fought both of you, only chance I had against Jumalde was blackjack at the D and then trip/cheapshot and your legacy messed that up...well done on Lord Elder.

Gilleonoir: Brother thief, don't know what happened to you after the member board was removed, what a pain that was...going from having donated 1.5 million coppers to 0 was a pain in the ass, bet you felt the same. Wished I could have seen you hero...luck.

Synbendorial: Damn your walrus form was my bane on the water..I was terrified to even set foot there. Well fought and luck with the Warlocks.

Azharadon/Kucerael/Gherian: Three invokers that tore me a new one most every time, even with spell bane up. One of my worst classes to get around.

Gieldon: Theaus' best friend in the Village, prolly one of the few I traveled with regularly besides raids and learning...didn't really accomplish much but it was a blast. I can't count the number of times we were at the D during raids and being like should we leave...nay, we'll fight thru them. That duel where I didn't hit you at all was one of the most embarassing moments in my life.

Urgarg/Ozlif/Ramstin/Ezrail: Sorry to group you all up but it's getting late...you four were the ones that ranked Theaus to hero and the ones I looked up to for most of my Village life. All of you did well and fought great. Luck to the remaining three of you.

Sayangu: Honorable mention for being so damn old, rarely interacted with you because we were loners basically, only met during bandage sessions and raids, well done all the same.

Munro: One of the few people I wasn't afraid of but still couldn't kill, you made a fearsome bond mate and likely the reason I got killed so fast at times.

To all you air/(whatever forms): Fark off...seriously tho, I can't count the number of times I'd be gathering eq or fighting someone and a damn osprey/vulture/ or eagle will come down from somewhere.

To anyone that I am missing, likely there a few but I worked 14 hours today and can't really think straight. Make a reply and I'll do the same.

Later, see you all in the fields.

Alert | IP Printer Friendly copy | Reply | Reply with quote | Top

Reply RE: Since I'm tired of waiting on the Death Angel., Kucerael (Guest), 31-Jul-03 08:22 PM, #8
Reply RE: Since I'm tired of waiting on the Death Angel., Theaus (Guest), 01-Aug-03 04:26 PM, #9
Reply No mention for the little gnome?, Tichniktil (Guest), 30-Jul-03 05:07 PM, #6
Reply RE: No mention for the little gnome?, Theaus (Guest), 30-Jul-03 06:35 PM, #7
Reply Farewell, Moligant (Guest), 30-Jul-03 07:43 AM, #5
Reply I Know the Katana was similar..., Quezzumpliet, 30-Jul-03 12:09 AM, #3
Reply RE: I Know the Katana was similar..., Theaus (Guest), 30-Jul-03 05:39 AM, #4
Reply Miss you bud., Urgarg (Guest), 29-Jul-03 10:46 PM, #2
Reply Good luck on your next, Dafeb (Guest), 29-Jul-03 10:35 PM, #1

Kucerael (Guest)Thu 31-Jul-03 08:22 PM

#19946, "RE: Since I'm tired of waiting on the Death Angel."
In response to Reply #0

Oh Theaus...you played well, and I'll give you respect for that. For that, and for always being there to defend against us at the Destructor, or when y'all came for the Link.

In character, however, you were below contempt. To say that Nexus was out on a "fool's errand" only infuriated Kucerael. If she could have killed you right then (you were about 20 levels lower than me), she would have. And the little conversation I posted on Dio's? That wasn't her 'talking trash.' It was her speaking the truth. Not very forgiving, I guess.

Fun character, and thanks for not spellbaning everything...or much anything

Theaus (Guest)Fri 01-Aug-03 04:26 PM

#19976, "RE: Since I'm tired of waiting on the Death Angel."
In response to Reply #8

Yeah I expected as much, just tried to get under your skin at the time, seemed it work. Went thru the same thing with Elik shortly after I left the Rift. And I almost always had spellbane up, just damn thing really worked.

Keep up the good work in the Rift, I know it's taxing, but you're doing a great job.

Tichniktil (Guest)Wed 30-Jul-03 05:07 PM

#19863, "No mention for the little gnome?"
In response to Reply #0

We had alot of good fights. I thought I'd eventually get you.

Anyhow, sorry about my later actions (near the grove). I know how annoying that can be. We had alot of good and close fights, you were a respected enemy. Good luck on the next.

Theaus (Guest)Wed 30-Jul-03 06:35 PM

#19865, "RE: No mention for the little gnome?"
In response to Reply #6

Yeah that whole thing at the Grove got out of hand, especially for someone that's drunk. Talking to you and over the cabal channel trying to make sure everyone was okay was tough.

Well fought tho, one of the few I would fight I didn't know how it would go...not sure if you do it or not but I think fly would help you some, either that or I just got lucky when I came on you.

Moligant (Guest)Wed 30-Jul-03 07:43 AM

#19856, "Farewell"
In response to Reply #0

Hey brother,

Damn when Ocelevan told me you were dead I didn't want to believe it.
You have been such a large part of Moligant's life in CF its like
losing an arm or something. Ah well.

We came up together in the guild, and I actually always considered you a decent rper. You were just gone half the time.

Of the Gapverdis I brought into the family, you definately were the
best and laid the groundwork for continual growth.

I was hoping to finish a few things I'm doing just so that I could show you before you con died or this happened.

Kinda ironic, right when I need ya to not show up as much, you start showing up

Ah well, kudos on a well-played well-rounded memorable character.
Wish I was high enough imm to give you a send-off like Sakards,
maybe a long line of Gapverdis bearing your coffin
through thre streets of Galadon.

Damn, that would be sweet.

Cya in the fields,

Moligant Gapverdi

QuezzumplietWed 30-Jul-03 12:09 AM
Member since 26th Jul 2003
128 posts
Click to send email to this author Click to send private message to this author Click to view this author's profile Click to add this author to your buddy list Click to send message via ICQ
#19848, "I Know the Katana was similar..."
In response to Reply #0

...but I'm not Nydeikon, he died so I'll just assume you meant me. Heh, guess your other Seeker was about when Whil was. You were very consistent and very courageous and made a really good villager. The fact that you never failed to try and defend the village during a raid gave me alot of respect for you.

--Quezz

Theaus (Guest)Wed 30-Jul-03 05:39 AM

#19854, "RE: I Know the Katana was similar..."
In response to Reply #3

Yeah, sorry was gettin late for me, it all still applies tho.
And yes I was a hero under Whil.
Later

Urgarg (Guest)Tue 29-Jul-03 10:46 PM

#19845, "Miss you bud."
In response to Reply #0

Knew it was comming sooner or later but still hate to see your deletion. You seemed to play near the same time as I and it was great having a worthy companion. You seemed to question your usefulness and quality of roleplay but I think you underestimate yourself on both. You seemed to embrace a hard role as a villager/defender/thief. Not a lot of flash in that package but you proved your worth time and time again as we traveled. Theaus seemed to be a bit more easygoing and less critical than Urgarg, and having you about did wonders to temper his attitude. Thanks for all your help and I hope to see you back in the village soon in one form or another.

Dafeb (Guest)Tue 29-Jul-03 10:35 PM

#19843, "Good luck on your next"
In response to Reply #0

I liked fighting you. Sorry about the time that airform jumped in, but he paid for it.

Top General Discussions The Battlefield Topic #19840 Previous topic | Next topic