Subject: "(AGE DEATH) [None] Eluna the Mistress of the Speardance..." Previous topic | Next topic
Printer-friendly copy Email this topic to a friend CF Website
Top General Discussions The Battlefield Topic #19678
Show all folders

Death_AngelFri 25-Jul-03 07:28 AM
Member since 23rd May 2024
16866 posts
Click to send email to this author Click to send private message to this author Click to view this author's profile Click to add this author to your buddy list
#19678, "(AGE DEATH) [None] Eluna the Mistress of the Speardance, Defiant to Gods"

Fri Jul 25 07:23:04 2003

At 6 o'clock PM, Day of the Moon, 35th of the Month of the Spring
on the Theran calendar Eluna perished, never to return.

Race:arial
Class:warrior
Level:51
Alignment:Good
Ethos:Orderly
Cabal:None, None
Hours:601
PK Ratio:77% (closer to 100% is better)

Alert | IP Printer Friendly copy | Reply | Reply with quote | Top

Reply RE: (AGE DEATH) [None] Eluna the Mistress of the Speard..., Fahnrore, 01-Aug-03 05:44 AM, #35
Reply flutters about rapidly., Eluna, 25-Jul-03 10:41 AM, #1
     Reply RE: flutters about rapidly., Nivek1, 25-Jul-03 12:01 PM, #2
     Reply Damn you fist!, Beer, 25-Jul-03 12:09 PM, #3
     Reply Great rival., Astillian, 25-Jul-03 06:14 PM, #10
     Reply Oi!, Rogardian (Guest), 25-Jul-03 01:09 PM, #4
     Reply EQ and other things, Astillian, 25-Jul-03 06:19 PM, #11
     Reply Unusual character, Dranthaax (Guest), 25-Jul-03 01:50 PM, #5
     Reply Like I said on the logboard., Faeras. (Guest), 25-Jul-03 02:02 PM, #6
     Reply RE: flutters about rapidly., Llauriele (Guest), 25-Jul-03 03:03 PM, #7
     Reply RE: flutters about rapidly., Glarnak (Guest), 25-Jul-03 03:56 PM, #8
     Reply That's what I wanted., Astillian, 25-Jul-03 06:26 PM, #12
     Reply Tattoo, Kastellyn, 25-Jul-03 04:50 PM, #9
     Reply I enjoyed you, Kaljurdian (Guest), 25-Jul-03 06:28 PM, #13
     Reply Wow...she could FIGHT!, Sylvrin (Guest), 25-Jul-03 07:04 PM, #14
     Reply Age and spoonfeed, Astillian, 25-Jul-03 07:51 PM, #15
          Reply RE: Age and spoonfeed, Quislet, 25-Jul-03 09:12 PM, #16
               Reply RE: Age and spoonfeed, Sylvrin (Guest), 25-Jul-03 10:03 PM, #18
     Reply RE: flutters about rapidly., Akanten (Guest), 25-Jul-03 09:28 PM, #17
     Reply Loved and Hated seeing you, Minyar, 25-Jul-03 11:33 PM, #19
     Reply what more can I say?, seakrou (Guest), 26-Jul-03 12:27 AM, #20
     Reply Well Hell, Gwy (Guest), 26-Jul-03 03:36 AM, #21
     Reply I love bards, Astillian, 26-Jul-03 11:37 AM, #22
     Reply Shadar Lunn says hi, Khasotholas, 27-Jul-03 10:23 AM, #23
     Reply Inconsistent, Astillian, 27-Jul-03 02:33 PM, #24
          Reply Trying to say something? nt, Gherian, 28-Jul-03 02:50 AM, #25
               Reply Um ah..., Astillian, 28-Jul-03 05:30 AM, #26
                    Reply RE: Um ah..., Gherian, 28-Jul-03 06:01 AM, #27
     Reply Ciao, Lruthlor (Guest), 28-Jul-03 01:18 PM, #28
     Reply RE: flutters about rapidly., karun (Guest), 29-Jul-03 01:04 AM, #29
     Reply One of my oldest friends, Astillian, 29-Jul-03 07:09 AM, #30
     Reply RE: flutters about rapidly., Selatiel (Guest), 29-Jul-03 06:23 PM, #31
     Reply Invoker buddy, Astillian, 30-Jul-03 12:13 AM, #32
     Reply *frown*, Vorondel (Guest), 31-Jul-03 10:57 PM, #33
          Reply Read: "When I first met you with..." nt., Vorondel (Guest), 31-Jul-03 11:07 PM, #34

FahnroreFri 01-Aug-03 05:44 AM
Member since 10th Apr 2003
94 posts
Click to send email to this author Click to send private message to this author Click to view this author's profile Click to add this author to your buddy list Click to send message via AOL IM
#19961, "RE: (AGE DEATH) [None] Eluna the Mistress of the Speard..."
In response to Reply #0

You finally croaked...Jeez!

"Smokey my friend, you are entering a world of pain."

ElunaFri 25-Jul-03 10:41 AM
Member since 28th Apr 2003
28 posts
Click to send email to this author Click to send private message to this author Click to view this author's profile Click to add this author to your buddy list
#19681, "flutters about rapidly."
In response to Reply #0

This character was rolled because I started to hate CF. I was playing bards all the time and I became obsessed with not dying and being the best. Somewhere in that time, I lost the fun factor. So Eluna was made. First warrior I ever played. My goal with Eluna was to myself, that I wouldn’t get angry and just get new eq and start again when I die. So I just kept on plugging away. Along the way I started to surprise myself in what I was capable of.

Eluna had no written role at all. Like all my best characters, everything was formed in my head and constantly evolving. I first looked at the Arial in the academy and basically thought that Arial’s lives are so short they can’t focus so well on one task. So I made her hyperactive and rarely rested, all to often my gold was spent on heal refresh. When she was little, she got into a fight and couldn’t defend her self, hence the nasty scar on her cheek. This was the reason why she fought so much, to learn to defend her self. Then the dance was born, it was not muscle that won battles but grace. Slowly Eluna began to get a name for her. Then the fight with Lord Ongaurst came and the beginning of a Legend was born. Then pretty much for the rest of her life she sought out Kastellyn.

IMMS:

Kastellyn: I have no idea what you wanted from me to get that tat. I tried so damn hard. Perhaps that was it. Anyways, I loved our interactions thanks a lot. Oh did you make it so I would live longer? 600 hours is a lot for an arial.

Ongaurst: Thank you for the title. That was awesome. I rarely log fights and our fight was amazing. I so wish I had it. I was laughing so hard when I bone shattered and you dropped both your weapons. Question: Honestly at the end of the battle why didn’t you kill me?

Shadar Lunn: I honestly was expecting more from you. Come on, darkness is supposed to keep trying to drag you under. I was fully ready to go to the dark side on the next interaction.

Shokai: Thanks for letting me use your shrine as a home, since I had no other place to go. I really enjoyed our conversation.

MORTALS:

I actually was going to try and remember everybody’s name, but it’s just easier for me if you write something that you liked or didn’t like and I’ll respond.

Astillian the Jingle Foot

P.S. Could some IMM tell me how many people I actually did manage to kill? For my crappy ego sake, it’s the best I’ve ever done skill wise.

Nivek1Fri 25-Jul-03 12:01 PM
Member since 04th Mar 2003
655 posts
Click to send email to this author Click to send private message to this author Click to view this author's profile Click to add this author to your buddy list Click to send message via AOL IM
#19686, "RE: flutters about rapidly."
In response to Reply #1

I never got to fight you, and from the looks of the logs you posted, I'm glad I didn't. I did see an occurance where you ratted me out to someone though. Our first decent characters were about the same time and look how far you've come. Making me look bad.

Good luck on your next and don't give up on CF. You need to IMM so that you can make an Astillian mob for the Inn.

Knock knock...
Who's there?
Interrupting Cow.
Interrupting C-
MOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO!

Nivek

BeerFri 25-Jul-03 12:09 PM
322 posts
Click to send private message to this author Click to view this author's profile Click to add this author to your buddy list
#19687, "Damn you fist!"
In response to Reply #1

Yes...damned is Fist of the Titans SAKARD HATED IT!! I do believe it was pretty even from both sides. At times I was doing well, other times not...dispel helped me a lost at times and after you got fist...had to spell you up a lot! You ganged me, I ganged you...all in all great fights but not many interactions!

Good luck with the next!

AstillianFri 25-Jul-03 06:14 PM
166 posts
Click to send email to this author Click to send private message to this author Click to view this author's profile Click to add this author to your buddy list Click to send message via AOL IM Click to send message via ICQ
#19703, "Great rival."
In response to Reply #3

You were the person I loved to hate. I'd do anything to track you down and find you. We didn't speak to much other then, death threats. But you taught me a lot about shamans, so thanks.

Rogardian (Guest)Fri 25-Jul-03 01:09 PM

#19689, "Oi!"
In response to Reply #1

Well damn, that hurts. Who would have thought that this was a devote Herald bard player! I loved what I saw of Eluna, though I didn't get to know you till you were pretty old already. You seemed to really know your stuff, I was impressed. I still don't know why you never wanted to join the Fort You seemed to have a penchant for good gear, but you seemed to have no qualms at all about risking it, which is an impressive combo I think, and all too many people can't pull it off. That time when you saved me from Sebastiano, Haaslett, and two or three other Imperials when I was jacked at the Maran was amazing. I really should have been dead by all rights there, which is why I gave you that unicorn pendant I had on.

Anyway, you've got the right idea. When you find yourself feeling bored with CF... change something. If you always write out detailed roles... play a character without. If you always play a particular class or alignment... play the opposite. If you always power rank to hero... sit in the mid rangers for a while. Etc etc.

Nice job.

Rog

AstillianFri 25-Jul-03 06:19 PM
166 posts
Click to send email to this author Click to send private message to this author Click to view this author's profile Click to add this author to your buddy list Click to send message via AOL IM Click to send message via ICQ
#19704, "EQ and other things"
In response to Reply #4

Yes I did love my equipment, but unlike other people I went out and risked it. I lost a lot of amazing pieces. I think I actually touched every piece of eq that I wanted with Eluna at some point or another, then promptly lost it. I got frustrated at people that would wear the most amazing pieces of gear and not risk it at all.

I always knew you'd do great things in the fortress. I remember telling Shokai about how much promise I saw in you. Thanks for the travels.

Dranthaax (Guest)Fri 25-Jul-03 01:50 PM

#19692, "Unusual character"
In response to Reply #1

You were good to talk to.
That info about Dafeb is greatly appreciated!

Overall, I think your combo of race/class/specs/legacies was as close
to perfect as possible.

Good luck with the next.

Uli

Faeras. (Guest)Fri 25-Jul-03 02:02 PM

#19693, "Like I said on the logboard."
In response to Reply #1

I just assumed you had Whirlwind.

I never came up with an answer for you. Fighting you with Imperial training would have been more interesting, but that's like having a handicap.

I definately got the "flightiness" aspect of your roleplay. All in all, I have to say I'm definately impressed. Hopefully I'll see you around next time I play.

Llauriele (Guest)Fri 25-Jul-03 03:03 PM

#19696, "RE: flutters about rapidly."
In response to Reply #1

I've never seen anyone age death a warrior, and for that by itself I say congratulations! From what I could tell, though we hardly interacted at all, you seemed great in every way! I hope we interact with future characters.

Glarnak (Guest)Fri 25-Jul-03 03:56 PM

#19698, "RE: flutters about rapidly."
In response to Reply #1

Was starting to get fun fighting you. I have been getting tired of the constant ganging...and with an orc and having to wait 650+ hours for another horde...if I don't land spinebreaker...death usually awaits. I starting trying different tactics with you and I was really hoping to get you in tar valon. Another goodie bites the dust. Now if the rest will only follow....

AstillianFri 25-Jul-03 06:26 PM
166 posts
#19705, "That's what I wanted."
In response to Reply #8

I wanted my opponents to try new tricks. Why should I bother changing from impale/boneshatter if it keeps on working. No point in me changing if my opponent doesn't.

KastellynFri 25-Jul-03 04:50 PM
864 posts
#19702, "Tattoo"
In response to Reply #1

Kastellyn: I have no idea what you wanted from me to get that tat. I tried so damn hard. Perhaps that was it. Anyways, I loved our interactions thanks a lot. Oh did you make it so I would live longer? 600 hours is a lot for an arial.

The truth is, I just didn't feel that you were ready for it. I think you had a decent grasp on the religion, but you never quite managed to convince me that you fully understood what it meant to be a Legend. I guarantee that you would have gotten it, given more time, but my times started getting scarce and yours kept right on going at your standard pace. I was unable to provide you with the necessary Immteraction to keep you growing on the right path at the critical times - for this I apologize. And no, I didn't extend your age!

I thought Eluna was very solidly played, and I enjoyed our interactions as well. I just wish I had more time!

If you've got more specific questions, shoot me an email; I like to keep the religion somewhat vague on the forums.

Kastellyn the Devourer of Magic, Lord of Legends

Kaljurdian (Guest)Fri 25-Jul-03 06:28 PM

#19706, "I enjoyed you"
In response to Reply #1

I used Eluna all to well. I had fun with you and I really
enjoyed it when you said Shadar Lunn spoke to you. That really
gave Kaljurdian strength in his works of the storm. You probably
know really nothing of the backworks I did and all the deceit that
went behind using you and the friendship. I really liked you though and wish the best in the future.

Kalj.

Sylvrin (Guest)Fri 25-Jul-03 07:04 PM

#19709, "Wow...she could FIGHT!"
In response to Reply #1

Eluna will be missed by all the lightwalkers of Thera, I think. She was amazing! I loved it when you would come and help the Fort!
Just watching you fight was fun. Even though you didn't get Kastellyn's tattoo, I think you were a Legend to a lot of us. So many times I heard over cb "Eluna will aid us!" and that always made me feel like we had a darned good chance of winning.

Thanks for the times you gave me nice gear and the hints to help me find the shrine. I liked that you didn't spoonfeed it to me, but let me know that I was going the right way.

Oh and I'm jealous that an Arial got 101 more hours game-time than my Half-elf did! No fair!

AstillianFri 25-Jul-03 07:51 PM
166 posts
#19713, "Age and spoonfeed"
In response to Reply #14

Yeah about that age thing. I noticed you age died at 500 hours. That's why I really thought some imm tweaked my aging. I thought arials were suppose to have one of the shortest life spans.

I dislike spoonfeed. I feel a person will grow and get more out of a situation if only clues are given or a nudge in the right direction. It ruins the fun if somebody tells you exactly how and what to do.

QuisletFri 25-Jul-03 09:12 PM
240 posts
#19716, "RE: Age and spoonfeed"
In response to Reply #15

>Yeah about that age thing. I noticed you age died at 500
>hours. That's why I really thought some imm tweaked my aging.
>I thought arials were suppose to have one of the shortest life
>spans.

I've always remembered something I was told shortly before felar were introduced. At the time, arials were the shortest lived race, but only in years lived. Everyone was supposed to live at least 500 hours, and there was some way to determine how much longer each character would live, but the actual formula wasn't mentioned. Ever since then, I had a hunch that arials might be one of the longer lived races in number of hours, but never said it outloud. It was just a suspicion of an ironic twist in the code. Judging by what I recall of other age deaths, I think elves might be the longest lived in hours and character years both.

As for Sylvrin sadly dying so early, might it be due to items that effect age negatively? I've always been wary of those things, since I'm not really sure what they do to you.

Sylvrin (Guest)Fri 25-Jul-03 10:03 PM

#19720, "RE: Age and spoonfeed"
In response to Reply #16

I don't think I ever wore anything that messed with my age, but I could be wrong. I lored everything and wore mostly thngs that were given to me by trusted allies that were pretty decent gear for hp and mana. Would there have been an echo if I wore something that messed with my age?

Akanten (Guest)Fri 25-Jul-03 09:28 PM

#19717, "RE: flutters about rapidly."
In response to Reply #1

>MORTALS:
>
>I actually was going to try and remember everybody?s name, but
>it?s just easier for me if you write something that you liked
>or didn?t like and I?ll respond.

I think you stand out as one of the few people who managed to pull off an arial personality. You did it in outward physical behavior, and I try to do it by being slightly scatterbrained while still intelligent. I think my way of doing it fits the high intelligence, but yours fits the high dexterity. We both got the idea of trying to do everything at once because of a short life.

Like with Sylvrin, thank you for not spoonfeeding me a shrine location. You gave me a hint and put me on the right track and left me the satisfaction of finding it later on.

MinyarFri 25-Jul-03 11:33 PM
504 posts
#19723, "Loved and Hated seeing you"
In response to Reply #1

I knew it was always going to be a fun fight, and that you were going to turn the tide in the favor of the light. That kinda sucked at the same time too. I didn't like being so close to death against you those times. Anyway, great work, you were a beast with wings.

Aaron

seakrou (Guest)Sat 26-Jul-03 12:27 AM

#19724, "what more can I say?"
In response to Reply #1

Think we got to say most of the things we had on our harts in your final resting place. Atleast you went out with a blaze of glory. And a final smak to the imperials... Geez we had fun the last few weeks... Im just wondering how I will smak the imperials now. Atleast efficiently.. Its not like I can bash dirt or even trip...
Well take care... its one shifter that will sorely miss you..
LH

Farker_of_heaven@hotmail.com

Gwy (Guest)Sat 26-Jul-03 03:36 AM

#19728, "Well Hell"
In response to Reply #1

I have about the same remarksa as Rogardian: on the one hand you always seemed to want 'more', but on the other hand you almost always came to every call of help, whatever the odds were.. Eluna had balls, if you can say so .. I really appreciated that on from my side, and I tried to help you as much as I could, too.. Anyways, Eluna was a funny charater and nice to travel with.. kudos,

Gwyythinniel

AstillianSat 26-Jul-03 11:37 AM
166 posts
#19737, "I love bards"
In response to Reply #21

Nothing makes me want to travel with any person more then a competent bard. That's why I was so willing to travel with so much. You knew exactly what to do when and as a bard that means a huge difference in fights.

Yeah I always wanted more for eq but then again Eluna was a fighter and went in and lost a lot of nice sets. I had the unicorn pendant atleast six times and with that many goodies about all the time that was a lot.

KhasotholasSun 27-Jul-03 10:23 AM
Member since 23rd Apr 2003
341 posts
Click to add this author to your buddy list
#19753, "Shadar Lunn says hi"
In response to Reply #1

I'm sorry I couldn't follow up with Lunn. I used him at first, as an object lesson for you, but really should have kept at it next time I saw you. Sorry about that.

I enjoyed watching your character for the most part. Your roleplay sometimes seemed inconsistent... it was there, and then it wasn't. You've always been a quality roleplayer, and obviously, your skills have improved immensely. Don't get overimpressed with the skills! It's the roleplay that counts, first and foremost. Combining what you've learned skillwise, and keeping the excellent roleplay you've always had will made extraordinary characters.

Overall, I think Eluna was an excellent character. Incredible prep monkey, smart player, and when your roleplay was on, it was great. Good luck with your next, hope it's as memorable.

Khas

AstillianSun 27-Jul-03 02:33 PM
166 posts
#19755, "Inconsistent"
In response to Reply #23

About the inconsistent roleplaying it could be because I was often staying up to about 6-8am without sleep. I'd just go through the motions because I was extremely tired. The only person I'd see on more then me was Gherian.

GherianMon 28-Jul-03 02:50 AM
Member since 22nd Jun 2003
33 posts
#19763, "Trying to say something? nt"
In response to Reply #24

AstillianMon 28-Jul-03 05:30 AM
166 posts
#19767, "Um ah..."
In response to Reply #25

Thanks for keeping me company all that time.

GherianMon 28-Jul-03 06:01 AM
Member since 22nd Jun 2003
33 posts
#19768, "RE: Um ah..."
In response to Reply #26

My pleasure Twitchy.

Lruthlor (Guest)Mon 28-Jul-03 01:18 PM

#19779, "Ciao"
In response to Reply #1

Said most in my farewell thread.
Always had fun travelling with you, enjoyed that unspoken bond we seemed to have, never took too many between us to get anything done.

Now since I have already had two heros in your lifetime, its time for you to get rolling!

karun (Guest)Tue 29-Jul-03 01:04 AM

#19816, "RE: flutters about rapidly."
In response to Reply #1

Damn you! You died before I did! heh.... Always was fun to work or run with you.... Always i mean ALWAYS starting with Astillian
Heh hope you will stay on our side Good luck with your next!

AstillianTue 29-Jul-03 07:09 AM
166 posts
#19822, "One of my oldest friends"
In response to Reply #29

A couple times I'd do something stupid and Karun would get angry and Eluna just didn't know how to handle the situations, so she would just up and leave with saying little. Then the next time I'd see you, you'd welcome her with a big hug. Thanks for all the travels.

Selatiel (Guest)Tue 29-Jul-03 06:23 PM

#19835, "RE: flutters about rapidly."
In response to Reply #1

Well now. I knew you were an old hag but come on!. heh. I loved traveling with you. together it was fun and almost every time i'd log on it'd be 'hiya. can you help me?'. Always loved reading that. Well since i'm at work i'll keep it short and sweet. Totally awesome char!
Roll faster! and Damn we were together alot!

Peace and wings for everyone!

AstillianWed 30-Jul-03 12:13 AM
166 posts
#19849, "Invoker buddy"
In response to Reply #31

Yeah nothing like meeting an invoker around rank 12 and going up through the ranks and staying friends. We were able to do sooo much together. I'd take the blows and you'd deal the damage. Yeah I was always asking you to locate this and that or come help me with this. Although you have to admit I did pay you back with some fancy gifts over the years of travels. So I wasn't all bad.

Vorondel (Guest)Thu 31-Jul-03 10:57 PM

#19949, "*frown*"
In response to Reply #1

A shame...

When first met you that other char of mine (heh, you know who), I said to myself hey, an arial warrior chick that's pretty cool Then I saw you fight and I said wow, an arial chick who kicks alot of ass, that's grand! We rapidly became good friends, and we traveled so much together, then when I met you again as Vorondel it was a bit awkward for me Anyway, you were always dependable, one of the pillars of the Light I would dare to say, and with you my frail elven butt always felt safe. You will be missed, my friend.

Vorondel

Vorondel (Guest)Thu 31-Jul-03 11:07 PM

#19950, "Read: "When I first met you with..." nt."
In response to Reply #33

Jeez, I can't type.

Top General Discussions The Battlefield Topic #19678 Previous topic | Next topic