Subject: "(DELETED) [FORTRESS] Grikletun the Weaponsmaster" Previous topic | Next topic
Printer-friendly copy Email this topic to a friend CF Website
Top General Discussions The Battlefield Topic #19462
Show all folders

Death_AngelSat 19-Jul-03 01:48 PM
Member since 05th Jun 2024
16902 posts
Click to send email to this author Click to send private message to this author Click to view this author's profile Click to add this author to your buddy list
#19462, "(DELETED) [FORTRESS] Grikletun the Weaponsmaster"

Sat Jul 19 13:45:37 2003

At 3 o'clock AM, Day of the Sun, 13th of the Month of Nature
on the Theran calendar Grikletun perished, never to return.

Race:dwarf
Class:warrior
Level:51
Alignment:Good
Ethos:Neutral
Cabal:FORTRESS, the Fortress of Light
Hours:127
PK Ratio:63% (closer to 100% is better)

Alert | IP Printer Friendly copy | Reply | Reply with quote | Top

Reply Yeah, I'm out., Grik (Guest), 19-Jul-03 02:01 PM, #1
     Reply RE: Yeah, I'm out., Sarkarian (Guest), 19-Jul-03 02:19 PM, #2
     Reply RE: Yeah, I'm out., Jirash (Guest), 19-Jul-03 02:34 PM, #3
     Reply Heh, Oshubacyl (Guest), 19-Jul-03 04:02 PM, #4
     Reply now whos beard will I pull now?, seakrou (Guest), 19-Jul-03 06:43 PM, #5
     Reply Sorry I forgot..., Grik (Guest), 19-Jul-03 08:26 PM, #6
     Reply RE: Yeah, I'm out., Rogardian (Guest), 21-Jul-03 02:10 PM, #7
          Reply Thanks, Grik (Guest), 21-Jul-03 05:42 PM, #8

Grik (Guest)Sat 19-Jul-03 02:01 PM

#19463, "Yeah, I'm out."
In response to Reply #0

I dunno, I guess i just rolled a character whose roleplay was intended to win over most of the people he interacted with. Unfortunately that doesn't mesh well with my own temperament, so there were times when my ideals and those of my character clashed, and it showed. 127 hrs? Seemed so much longer than that. There just wasn't any spice left in the character.

Inducted by Aemelius in probably one of the worst induction sessions I've ever had. I was ready to delete as soon as he inducted me, but figured he could go play with himself, cause I was still having fun with the character.

Shokai: I know you're there, but Grikletun didn't, and it sucked. Thanks for making me a maran, even for the short duration.

Jirash: Your character was one of the few reasons I stuck around as long as I did.

Sarkarian: You, as well, played a large role in the life my character.

Oshubacyl: heh, 'Oshu greets bait, you come be bait for Oshu'

Vorondel: Ah, the pragmatic voice of the fortress. You kept me alive a couple of times.

Enemies: Had a damn lot of you, especially when the empire emerged. More often than not, my fights were lopsided to one extreme or the other, and I get bored so quickly with that. It's either chase chase chase, or run run run. The few solo fights I had were fun.

I'm sure I'll find another character that entertains me. Until then.

Grikletun

Sarkarian (Guest)Sat 19-Jul-03 02:19 PM

#19464, "RE: Yeah, I'm out."
In response to Reply #1

Well, ya bugger. You know, I am gonna miss you hanging around, but when you feel your character is through, time to make a clean end of it. Come back when you're ready and bring the magic with you.

*You haven't got feet either.*

"We are as private parts to the gods are we...they play with us at their leisure."

Jirash (Guest)Sat 19-Jul-03 02:34 PM

#19465, "RE: Yeah, I'm out."
In response to Reply #1

Ah phooey
Was beginning to wonder what was up with you and I guess what you wrote makes sense. You'll be missed, that's for certain, I liked being around you a lot. I think we made a pretty good team the few times we got to fight beside eachother even if I know I still have some things to work on.

Good luck and all, I hope you'll be back in one way or another. Toodles.

Jirash

Oshubacyl (Guest)Sat 19-Jul-03 04:02 PM

#19470, "Heh"
In response to Reply #1

I liked the charactor. I could tell you well a skilled player who was roleplaying the way Grik was. It was funny when we would try to use you to lure Imperials to come out of hiding to fight, or get some air forms to attack you. Id be near by ready to rush the trap...them WHAM...youd go and kill them. I was having a hard time roleplaying my whelp attitude all the time too...

"Bait too strong. Need weaker Bait. Grikletuns needs to be drunk maybe so not kill all the dark masters." heh

I like all your charactors it seems. Nice job....just stay away from the Fortress for a while, its a downer.

seakrou (Guest)Sat 19-Jul-03 06:43 PM

#19476, "now whos beard will I pull now?"
In response to Reply #1

You where my first friend in the fortress... and we sort of grew up together. I liked travelling with you. Even though you died some. You always where one happy camper, even when that archmage melted all your things... first I thought damm cool healing... but then suddenly you where wearing nothing but a sash and your bags contents where on the floor...
Luck with the next one...
LH

Grik (Guest)Sat 19-Jul-03 08:26 PM

#19481, "Sorry I forgot..."
In response to Reply #5

You were a great asset for ranking, and a good friend in Grik's eyes. Too bad our playing times didn't coincide more often.

Rogardian (Guest)Mon 21-Jul-03 02:10 PM

#19530, "RE: Yeah, I'm out."
In response to Reply #1

That sucks that the character didn't work out like you wanted. I had fun with you around, always nice to have another dwarf to play off of. Anyway, good luck next time 'round.

Grik (Guest)Mon 21-Jul-03 05:42 PM

#19556, "Thanks"
In response to Reply #7

I was elated to see you made captain. I had you pegged for the spot long before it became so, and I know you'll do very well with it. I just wish I still had the tolerance I once did, or could again find that enthusiastic drive that once inspired my characters. Maybe I'll find it again, maybe not. Either way, best of luck to you, friend, cause the Maran need some new dwarven bait.

Top General Discussions The Battlefield Topic #19462 Previous topic | Next topic