Subject: "(DELETED) [None] Garguza the General, Initiate of the B..." Previous topic | Next topic
Printer-friendly copy Email this topic to a friend CF Website
Top General Discussions The Battlefield Topic #19198
Show all folders

Death_AngelTue 15-Jul-03 06:52 PM
Member since 11th May 2024
16840 posts
Click to send email to this author Click to send private message to this author Click to view this author's profile Click to add this author to your buddy list
#19198, "(DELETED) [None] Garguza the General, Initiate of the Beast"

Tue Jul 15 18:51:07 2003

At 6 o'clock PM, Day of Freedom, 18th of the Month of the Shadows
on the Theran calendar Garguza perished, never to return.

Race:cloud
Class:warrior
Level:48
Alignment:Neutral
Ethos:Chaotic
Cabal:None, None
Hours:106
PK Ratio:77% (closer to 100% is better)

Alert | IP Printer Friendly copy | Reply | Reply with quote | Top

Reply Role and Desc, Beast, 17-Jul-03 05:09 PM, #20
Reply Goodbyes, Beast, 15-Jul-03 07:44 PM, #1
     Reply RE: Goodbyes, Krivohan, 15-Jul-03 08:06 PM, #2
     Reply Not really., Beast, 16-Jul-03 03:32 AM, #8
     Reply RE: Goodbyes, Zulghinlour, 15-Jul-03 08:20 PM, #3
     Reply RE: Goodbyes, Beast, 16-Jul-03 03:33 AM, #9
          Reply RE: Goodbyes, Valguarnera, 16-Jul-03 09:57 AM, #14
     Reply Good luck, Asti (Guest), 15-Jul-03 08:44 PM, #4
     Reply am I the only one thinking, incognito, 16-Jul-03 03:25 AM, #7
          Reply RE: am I the only one thinking, Beast, 16-Jul-03 03:35 AM, #10
     Reply Crazy Power, Eluna, 16-Jul-03 02:08 AM, #5
     Reply No mention here?, Tichniktil (Guest), 16-Jul-03 02:20 AM, #6
     Reply RE: No mention here?, Beast, 16-Jul-03 03:37 AM, #11
     Reply RE: Goodbyes, Scarab Lover (Guest), 16-Jul-03 03:52 AM, #12
     Reply Aether syndrome, Scarabaeus, 16-Jul-03 09:04 AM, #13
          Reply RE: Aether syndrome, Beast, 16-Jul-03 11:39 AM, #15
               Reply Entirely offtopic question, Old Fogie (Guest), 16-Jul-03 12:00 PM, #16
               Reply RE: Aether syndrome, Circuits Edge (Anonymous), 16-Jul-03 12:25 PM, #17
               Reply RE: Aether syndrome, Ancruhljin (Guest), 16-Jul-03 03:19 PM, #18
                    Reply RE: Aether syndrome, Beast, 17-Jul-03 04:07 PM, #19

BeastThu 17-Jul-03 05:09 PM
Member since 04th Jul 2003
34 posts
Click to send email to this author Click to send private message to this author Click to view this author's profile Click to add this author to your buddy list
#19302, "Role and Desc"
In response to Reply #0

desc + Twisting and spiraling like a snake, a freezing mist clings around the figure
desc + towering before you, seemingly graceful in it's chaotic state. Covered in a
desc + thin layer of frost, his pale blue skin flakes away the ice with his every
desc + move yet is replaced in moments with the endless cold. His tremendous muscles
desc + seem oddly unaffected and his demeanor matches his strange aura - his
desc + emotionless face is only broken in either the extremes of rage or hatred,
desc + holding ironically constant with his chaotic nature. Like a sapphire flame,
desc + his unkept sea-colored hair flows down to his shoulders and falls infront of
desc + his face teasingly hiding the frozen gaze of his grey eyes. Looking closer,
desc + you notice that at moments the giant seems lost - staring at nothing for
desc + moments in complete silence, the only way you can tell he's still alive is
desc + from his visible breath that rolls out like a brooding storm cloud.
desc +
desc + Geared in the heavy plating of a veteran warrior, each piece is different and
desc + was clearly obtained and rewarded from the spoils of combat from their very
desc + contrasting look. Looking closer you see he is a collector of some very
desc + brutal-looking scars, many aging and stretched from his past. Beyond this you
desc + notice the following:

role + Most of the past of Garguza can easily be discerned in asking him as he is
role + readily willing to share his story and the impact it has had on his life, yet
role + there are somethings that he will not share or he does not know of:
role +
role + 1) Garguza's memory of what happened before the village was attacked is fuzzy
role + and almost non-existant. Before the event that began his path towards the
role + truth, he remembers nothing - either by the transformation affecting his
role + memory or his own conscious choice not to remember.
role +
role + 2) A lingering effect from his imprisonment is his problem with loosing focus
role + - almost stepping into a dream state, time loses it's hold on his reality and
role + the true primal emotions within takeover. Never lasting long, he used to
role + fight it by trying to stay alert until he realized what was taking place.
role + Now, he almost desires it's relaxing effect by giving in to his true self...
role +
role + 3) Even though the events in his life with the savage young dragon would most
role + likely drive him to revenge, he feels nothing ill towards their kind and will
role + sometimes admit to his fascination with the dragons. For this reason, he will
role + never strike at a dragon for he finds them the closest thing to resemble the
role + rage within him - a true savage stuck in a world of weaker mindless prey.
role +
role + 4) Besides what Garguza has found through the Temple of the desert city, his
role + knowledge is in fact limited on specifics of Saraba. Almost obsessed with
role + wanting to know more, deep down Garguza feels that what he is learning in
role + life and on his own path is what the path of Saraba is. Not a lesson to be
role + learned, but something one must come to know themselves. It is why Garguza
role + will not preach the ways of the Beast in voice but in actions.

BeastTue 15-Jul-03 07:40 PM
34 posts
#19199, "Goodbyes"
In response to Reply #0
Edited on Tue 15-Jul-03 07:44 PM

I actually deleted 3 days ago but decided I'd try to stick it out a little bit longer, but realized today it was time to put this character away. Few goodbyes then a final comment.

Scarabaeus: What can I say, it's a love-hate relationship. I remember talking to you at the end of the second age, I remember talking to you as you deleted infront of me with your famous goodbye note, and I decided I'd try once again with another Beast. I must say since the making of the Ma'rin (I was first Initiate of the Beast, can you remember who?), it's evolved quite a bit especially with the Library additions. It hasn't changed though in how fast I get inducted/tattoed (level 15, in 10 minutes - just got it down, I guess). But I will sadly admit, the interaction...was forced it seems on your part. In the 100 hours and solid praying, we interacted 4 times maybe, each ending very soon (3 minutes once) with you saying how you had more to attend to or how we'd talk later...which never happened. A huge reason why I deleted was because for the last 2 weeks, I've heard nothing at all. No offense, but the life of the Cult is very harsh - everyone hates you or is scared of you, it's a given that someone is always after you (especially the Empire), but adding in no interaction at all from nearly everyone I talked to including you just sucked the fun right out of this character. Did you just disappear for two weeks, or was this bad timing? I'd really like some feedback on this and my character.

Also, just for clarification, why'd you change the Ma'rin to not be in the Cabal? I couldn't talk to other Scarabs (when they existed), couldn't see people hitting the gargoyle, raid, or use the healer...you took the fun out of being in a Cabal, with removing raiding/defending. Also, why'd you change the power I was given like that? It's nice but not overpowered since that's all I had to take on everyone...and it's easily avoided. I did use it to rank solo a few times though, which is necessary a lot as no one wants to group with you. Nice power though for those that didn't understand it. Oh well, just two cents.

Eilathen: You rocked, plain and simple. I remember you before you got inducted and told Scarabaeus ya had it in you to be a member. You were a good healer, good interaction, and quite honestly made the life of the Beast tolerable. A real pity you deleted, you were the only one I would group with really regularly - but good things have to come to an end, eh?

Zylundak: Man, how I was cheering you on while I was beating you silly in our duels I played Wakachacha (who would have guessed, since I wanted to duel you repeatedly ) and wanted a warrior that wouldn't get beat down so easily and be restricted to one spec, so I made Garguza - who originally was going to go Ragers (cry/trapping + deathblow...*drool*), but I decided to go for the Cult for more interaction. Quite honestly, probably should have gone the Village since even when you don't get interaction, you have fun in raiding/defending and cabal mates. Keep trucking, you always deserved Commander...maybe you'll finally get it.

Astilamos: Yeah yeah, you got me the last death. I knew you were around, but I wanted to try and fight you one last time. I can't believe that dirt kick failed...after you had me blind, it was just an easy sleep/summon/destroy. I never worked on dirt kicking until you pulled that dirt/disarm against me (ya, I was lazy this time with a warrior)...I even had a no-remove axe. Oh well, live and learn. At least you were a good sport about talking afterwards and telling me how many charges I was worth

I know I'm forgetting a lot of people, and you can flame away if I forgot you, but I'd just like to sum up the rest with a general thought.

CF is quite different now, and I can understand what Ancruhljin says (somewhat, but not like him). People hunt in packs and the pk range is usually pretty one sided. It's fun to be the underdog, maybe more as an AP with crazy amounts of charges, but not fun as a warrior who gets fully looted almost all the time. I chose my hands as my second spec (never practiced, hell, never even mastered hand to hand) just so I could kill things for regearing or being disarmed. On that note, I never practiced besides axe/sword/mace/parry (too easy, just had to) and I had 100% pretty much across the board for what I used. It had a lot to do with ranking on spirits at level 35, fighting with a healer healing/sanc (so I could tank) and being a massive damage output so we could fight harder things so I'd learn faster, but I'm happy with the change. I'm going off on a tangent, so I'll just end the comment with the fact that people should try playing the underdog more and gang less. I think the more interesting fights were one on one (against almost all ragers, since they have the honor of true combat - Zylundak, Ozlif, Ezrail, Feolin...you all rock), and if people realized that it's more about the skill and less about the shiny gear, it might change...and the chances of my little speech having any affect? Probably zero but worth a shot.

I'm going to step away for awhile, and not because I have to do the cliche thing and step away after a good character, but lately I've been feeling bad about something and it's just time I get out with it:

I want to apologize to the Imms. My last character was Wakachacha which was a complete joke character developed from a night talking with some friends about CF and turned out to be a really fun character because I actually realized the point of CF which I failed at many many times before. I made Garguza (after a small experiment with Dispade to show people the fear in trap thieves and fix some trap bugs I knew still existed) to finish out with a good character even though I decided to leave after only 100 hours (think I was 48 in 54 hours though) and not wait it out like Wakachacha. I even had an immortal tell me I should try and immort with Garguza (you know who you are, and you rock for encouraging me even though you knew my past), which I probably could have since his background was good and I was doing good I guess from what I saw, but when they'd ask me the question of "what past characters have you played?", I'm not sure I could lie which is when I decided to delete. I'll probably regret saying this and it will probably result in the rebanning of my site, but I can say proudly that I tried to contribute something back to CF with the last three characters and I am extremely sorry for the mistakes I once made. Even though they are irreversable, I can at least know I tried to repair some of which I took for granted.

My apologies to Sybeok especially, as well as the rest of the Immortal Staff,

Aether

KrivohanTue 15-Jul-03 08:06 PM
Member since 04th Mar 2003
80 posts
Click to send email to this author Click to send private message to this author Click to view this author's profile Click to add this author to your buddy list Click to send message via AOL IM
#19201, "RE: Goodbyes"
In response to Reply #1

If you think about your "power" paladins and healers were screwed.

BeastWed 16-Jul-03 03:32 AM
34 posts
#19227, "Not really."
In response to Reply #2

Not really. I had one paladin, Vhenelcar actually, fight me with his hands and do decently (since he was tanking for someone else) but it didn't last longs. Paladins/healers were a joke anyways, versus me. I'm immune to wrath, a neutral axe spec with weaponbreaker, shieldcleave, pincer. No competition anyways...

Beast

ZulghinlourTue 15-Jul-03 08:20 PM
9792 posts
#19202, "RE: Goodbyes"
In response to Reply #1

>Also, just for clarification, why'd you change the Ma'rin to
>not be in the Cabal? I couldn't talk to other Scarabs (when
>they existed), couldn't see people hitting the gargoyle, raid,
>or use the healer...you took the fun out of being in a Cabal,
>with removing raiding/defending. Also, why'd you change the
>power I was given like that? It's nice but not overpowered
>since that's all I had to take on everyone...and it's easily
>avoided. I did use it to rank solo a few times though, which
>is necessary a lot as no one wants to group with you. Nice
>power though for those that didn't understand it. Oh well,
>just two cents.

I'll only speak as an Immortal, and not for Scarababaeus.

The Scarabs weren't working as a cabal, plain and simple. It is however a great religion.

The power in question was changed because it was overpowered. It made you immune to a vast subset of the game for an overly extended period of time at very little cost. I changed it so you had to use it skillfully, and not just walk around with it it all the time.

So long, and thanks for all the fish!

BeastWed 16-Jul-03 03:33 AM
34 posts
#19228, "RE: Goodbyes"
In response to Reply #3

It was overpowered in the ranking aspect I thought, but the rest was easily avoided. When people like Hukalon and others figured it out, it wouldn't do nothing for me at all. It's only the people who didn't understand it that had troubles with it. Few fights or a tell to their cabal, and suddenly they'd figure it out.

Beast

ValguarneraWed 16-Jul-03 09:57 AM
6904 posts
Click to send email to this author Click to send private message to this author Click to add this author to your buddy list
#19249, "RE: Goodbyes"
In response to Reply #9

It was overpowered in the ranking aspect I thought, but the rest was easily avoided.

1) Several classes can't really avoid it, at all.
2) It takes away many of the best options for any other PC.
3) Sure makes exploration and acquiring certain items a bit easier.
4) It was ridiculously efficient. Keeping it up was like keeping up Fly as a healer. Now, users have to pick your spots.

valguarnera@carrionfields.com

Asti (Guest)Tue 15-Jul-03 08:44 PM

#19204, "Good luck"
In response to Reply #1

>I actually deleted 3 days ago but decided I'd try to stick it out a little bit longer, but realized today it was time to put this character away.

I felt it was coming.
Garguza was a mean warrior. With healer you were scary.
With Eilathen gone you lost your vigor.

As for power in queston - cleary overpowered. People were cursing over cb when they could not harm you in any way.

>everyone hates you or is scared of you, it's a given that someone is always after you (especially the Empire)

Well you bothered us so much (attack vanquisher/centurions, repeat) I basically gave order to destroy you.

>People hunt in packs and the pk range is usually pretty one sided.

Yep. Very much so. Even worse. People would not fight you alone even if you offer them a duel (Trying not to point fingers).

>Astilamos: At least you were a good sport about talking afterwards and telling me how many charges I was worth.

Well I did not. I consider this OOC thing.
But since you are gone...

Your cleave does UNSPEAKABLE things to Garguza!
Garguza yells 'HELP! SOMEONE TRIED TO CLEAVE ME!'
Garguza is gushing blood.
<>
Garguza sags as your axe tears away at his soul!
Your infernal power *** DEMOLISHES *** Garguza!
Your infernal power *** DEVASTATES *** Garguza!
Your infernal power *** DEMOLISHES *** Garguza!
Garguza's punch wounds you.
Garguza is convulsing on the ground.
<>
Garguza says 'ENJOY THIS.'
Garguza is convulsing on the ground.
<>
Your infernal power misses Garguza.
Garguza dodges your infernal power.
Garguza sags as your axe tears away at his soul!
Your infernal power MANGLES Garguza!
Garguza is DEAD!!
The double-bladed battleaxe named 'Scream of the Damned' glows with unholy light as it steals a piece of Garguza's soul.
A piercing howl emanates from the double-bladed battleaxe named 'Scream of the Damned' as its hunger increases.
The double-bladed battleaxe named 'Scream of the Damned' glows with unholy light as it steals a piece of Garguza's mind.
The double-bladed battleaxe named 'Scream of the Damned' shrieks as it savagely feeds on the mind of Garguza.
The double-bladed battleaxe named 'Scream of the Damned' glows with unholy light as it steals a piece of Garguza's mind.
The double-bladed battleaxe named 'Scream of the Damned' shrieks as it savagely feeds on the mind of Garguza.
You hear Garguza's death cry.

incognitoWed 16-Jul-03 03:25 AM
4495 posts
Click to add this author to your buddy list
#19225, "am I the only one thinking"
In response to Reply #4

that you should have tried for a stun?

BeastWed 16-Jul-03 03:35 AM
34 posts
#19229, "RE: am I the only one thinking"
In response to Reply #7

He deserved the kill, didn't really care since I was deleting anyways, and my stun was at 74% I think If Astilamos remembers the fight in the Underdark versus Ocelevan and him (damn you Ocelevan), stun and ironhands nearly won me the fight...and I had both under 75%

Beast

ElunaWed 16-Jul-03 02:08 AM
Member since 28th Apr 2003
28 posts
#19221, "Crazy Power"
In response to Reply #1

Only got to fight you once and your power was sick. I was hitting you like crazy and every weapon I had you were immune to. Strangely the only thing you could think of doing was trying to weapon break weapons that didn't deal any damage. You really should have pincered or bashed me.

Oh well, less weapons I have to lug around now, was looking for another fight.

P.S. I loved the name Wakachacha

Tichniktil (Guest)Wed 16-Jul-03 02:20 AM

#19222, "No mention here?"
In response to Reply #1

I fought you fairly-ish (on both our sides) quite a few times, and it was always good fun. That last one was especially close. A shame we never really talked too much. I remember saving your life once (if that was you) when you got slept by an imperial necromancer after helping us fight alot of Imperials (you just kind of showed up, to my understanding). Then I did a whois Gar, and lo and behold, I saved a scarabite. Live and learn.

The religion shouldn't be too far from Sylvan philosophy, but the leader sure is. Could have been interesting talks, but oh well.

Good luck with the next, whenever you decide it's time.

There goes a good few fun fights.

BeastWed 16-Jul-03 03:37 AM
34 posts
#19230, "RE: No mention here?"
In response to Reply #6

>I fought you fairly-ish (on both our sides) quite a few
>times, and it was always good fun. That last one was
>especially close. A shame we never really talked too much. I
>remember saving your life once (if that was you) when you got
>slept by an imperial necromancer after helping us fight alot
>of Imperials (you just kind of showed up, to my
>understanding). Then I did a whois Gar, and lo and behold, I
>saved a scarabite. Live and learn.

Don't really remember the necromancer incident, but I do remember our last fight...I fled with 3hp and I knew you were that close as well. One pincer or iceshards would have ended that...well fought.

>The religion shouldn't be too far from Sylvan philosophy, but
>the leader sure is. Could have been interesting talks, but oh
>well.

You couldn't be more wrong on how they are similar

>Good luck with the next, whenever you decide it's time.
>
>There goes a good few fun fights.

Good luck to you,
Beast

Scarab Lover (Guest)Wed 16-Jul-03 03:52 AM

#19231, "RE: Goodbyes"
In response to Reply #1

Well I saw this coming. I even asked you if you were going to be like all the others and take your life You said no.
It's such a shame that whenever the Scarabs start to become a powerhouse, the curse kicks in and they all up and delete. Having been there myself I know how hard it is when everyones against you, but that always keeps me from being bored. Well even though your still a little bitch, maybe you've finally changed for the better. Keep up the good work.

ScarabaeusWed 16-Jul-03 09:04 AM
Member since 19th Feb 2011
1524 posts
#19246, "Aether syndrome"
In response to Reply #1

>But I will sadly admit, the interaction...was forced it seems on
>your part. In the 100 hours and solid praying, we interacted 4
>times maybe, each ending very soon (3 minutes once) with you
>saying how you had more to attend to or how we'd talk
>later...which never happened.

In my old age I have probably become kinder in how I deal with players, even players I don't get along with. That's a double-edged sword. Something about you rubs me the wrong way every time we interact and I don't know exactly what it is. If it felt forced, that's because it was. I didn't know that it was you, but I certainly suspected it after talking with you once or twice. In an effort to be fair I let you in but I was never comfortable with it. And the pattern of wanting to do everything at a super-accelerated pace just doesn't work in this environment. When I got the note asking if I was around I realized my suspicions were correct and I predicted that you'd crash and burn pretty quickly if there was no response (and that's not something I would EVER respond to IC anyway, so don't take that personally).

>Did you just disappear for two weeks, or was this bad timing? I'd
>really like some feedback on this and my character.

In retrospect, I wonder if that's what ends up bugging me about your characters. It's this constant expectation maybe, justified or not. I don't know. During the last two weeks, you're right, the timing was typically bad. And as of last week I've been hit with added out-of-game demands (a very big record label oppportunity has presented itself so I'm not getting very much sleep lately).

>Also, just for clarification, why'd you change the Ma'rin to
>not be in the Cabal? I couldn't talk to other Scarabs (when
>they existed), couldn't see people hitting the gargoyle, raid,
>or use the healer...you took the fun out of being in a Cabal,
>with removing raiding/defending.

Wait, do you think the Initiates of the Scarab are still in a cabal? The cabal is gone. IMO the game has too many cabals for the size of the player base, and having Scarab be one of them just didn't seem practical. I'd much rather see each of the game's religions have religion-specific supplications and, well, that's another discussion.

BeastWed 16-Jul-03 11:39 AM
34 posts
#19253, "RE: Aether syndrome"
In response to Reply #13

>>But I will sadly admit, the interaction...was forced it
>seems on
>>your part. In the 100 hours and solid praying, we interacted
>4
>>times maybe, each ending very soon (3 minutes once) with you
>>saying how you had more to attend to or how we'd talk
>>later...which never happened.
>
>In my old age I have probably become kinder in how I deal with
>players, even players I don't get along with. That's a
>double-edged sword. Something about you rubs me the wrong way
>every time we interact and I don't know exactly what it is.
>If it felt forced, that's because it was. I didn't know that
>it was you, but I certainly suspected it after talking with
>you once or twice. In an effort to be fair I let you in but I
>was never comfortable with it. And the pattern of wanting to
>do everything at a super-accelerated pace just doesn't work in
>this environment. When I got the note asking if I was around
>I realized my suspicions were correct and I predicted that
>you'd crash and burn pretty quickly if there was no response
> and that's not something I would EVER respond to IC anyway,
>so don't take that personally).

The funny thing is that with any other character type, I don't need the interaction but with a Scarab it's almost required in a sense. I don't enjoy the loneliness of everyone hating you and hunting you. Eilathen made my life tolerable and fast paced since he's a healer and even made a bunch of comments on how the Father was "missing". Maybe the Cult was never for me as I don't like the way how you get silence 90% of the time - maybe I just picked a bad class type for being a loner - who knows. I had fun but it was just dry for my tastes since there was no one to interact with besides fighting - probably should have stuck it out as a Villager.

>
>>Did you just disappear for two weeks, or was this bad timing?
>I'd
>>really like some feedback on this and my character.
>
>In retrospect, I wonder if that's what ends up bugging me
>about your characters. It's this constant expectation maybe,
>justified or not. I don't know. During the last two weeks,
>you're right, the timing was typically bad. And as of last
>week I've been hit with added out-of-game demands (a very big
>record label oppportunity has presented itself so I'm not
>getting very much sleep lately).

Congrats. The expectation I mentioned above, but I wrote the note for one simple reason - you love to disappear Maybe it's just timing, maybe you just don't like talking to me, or maybe you're finally getting away from this game but when I get an answer pretty regularly for one week, then nothing for almost 3...you question.

>
>>Also, just for clarification, why'd you change the Ma'rin to
>>not be in the Cabal? I couldn't talk to other Scarabs (when
>>they existed), couldn't see people hitting the gargoyle,
>raid,
>>or use the healer...you took the fun out of being in a
>Cabal,
>>with removing raiding/defending.
>
>Wait, do you think the Initiates of the Scarab are still in a
>cabal? The cabal is gone. IMO the game has too many cabals
>for the size of the player base, and having Scarab be one of
>them just didn't seem practical. I'd much rather see each of
>the game's religions have religion-specific supplications and,
>well, that's another discussion.

Hmmm, well Sebastiano made a comment about the gargoyle being attacked once so I had assumed there was still a "cabal". I'll truly missed the cabal aspect of it though, even though you think it shouldn't be one. Raiding/defending adds spice to a player's life and is a huge reason people even join cabals. I mean, come on, revenants were made for just that and people loved the challenge of fighting with a scarab defending (I've seen and played both sides). Without it, and no connection to the rest of the Cult, the loner status gets exaggerated beyond my tastes. Go figure, with a gnome ninja rager, I suddenly find more fun in talking then killing - which is the wrong religion for that.

Aether

Old Fogie (Guest)Wed 16-Jul-03 12:00 PM

#19256, "Entirely offtopic question"
In response to Reply #15

>Aether

Did you ever use a Boston-based BBS called Argus? Closed down about 8-9 years ago or so. Nickname is the same and the way you talk reminds me of him.

Circuits Edge (inactive user)Wed 16-Jul-03 12:25 PM
Charter member
In response to Reply #15

If you're that desperate for conversation, try striking one up with your fellow players in the game. Instead of oh, I dunno, sniffing a player, attacking a player and then running when you're getting your ass whooped by that player. Then simply saying 'Beast fight alone' when someone else shows up in the area when you're getting chased. Only to finally gang that said player with someone else. Heh. Never expect anything from the game/imms, and you won't get disappointed. And please stop putting demands in your roles.

Ancruhljin (Guest)Wed 16-Jul-03 03:19 PM

#19268, "RE: Aether syndrome"
In response to Reply #15

>The funny thing is that with any other character type, I don't
>need the interaction but with a Scarab it's almost required in
>a sense. I don't enjoy the loneliness of everyone hating you
>and hunting you. Eilathen made my life tolerable and fast
>paced since he's a healer and even made a bunch of comments on
>how the Father was "missing". Maybe the Cult was never for me
>as I don't like the way how you get silence 90% of the time -
>maybe I just picked a bad class type for being a loner - who
>knows. I had fun but it was just dry for my tastes since there
>was no one to interact with besides fighting - probably should
>have stuck it out as a Villager.

Don't worry, I won't rant on you like you did me.

I had my suspicions of you and now that I know who played Garguza, they make perfect sense.

Being a Scarab is a lonely, difficult life, bottom line. Do not join the religion if you are a social character, you will be disappointed guaranteed, like you were. Even though Scarabaeus is often difficult to reach, I found that he was about more recently than I have ever seen him. It took Drugadath three months to speak to him a second time, it took Ancrulhjin only a week I think.

I can understand where you are coming from about the loner aspect, and while it is not for everyone, it is perfectly suited for me. I like nothing more than to do what I wish and be left alone to carry out my endeavors. I think the life of a Scarab is like a rollercoaster, at times being alone is great, other times, you need interaction to spice things up but this is not always available. You just have to wade through the valleys and enjoy the crests.

As well, being tied to the hip of a healer certainly has some benefits, if not just the social aspect of it. You both came up quickly and I was a little at odds of how to interact with other Scarabs. I pretty well let you do what you wished as I did. When the healer deleted, I was curious how long you would hold out. I knew it would not be for long but I must admit that even I did not expect it to happen this quickly. I guess you got a taste of what I experienced from day one and it was not to your liking. Like I said, it is not for everyone.

I make a character thinking I will get no immortal attention. Then if it happens, it is just a pleasant surprise. You seem to expect or demand it and I think you picked the wrong religion for that (Scar can be frugal with his interactions at times, but we all have OOC crap to deal with so you have to be understanding)and I can see why you burned out. And like you said, you began to see what I saw about the ganging and lack of willing opponents and I don't blame you for deleting. I couldn't take it anymore myself, though I put up with it for significantly longer than you.

About the cabal aspect, everything having to do with cabals was still there with the religion. If the goodies wanted you bad enough, a whole whack of them would come into the Temple and try for you and it turns into a big raid once again. I was involved in a few of these and they were quite enjoyable. While it's true having a cabal channel would be nice, I can't say I used it more than a handful of times with Drucyrus in a year except when the IMMs used it so it is really not necessary. After all, who are you going to talk to 90% of the time?

No offense, but Garguza did not impress me much so I guess the feeling is mutual and we will leave it at that. Good luck on your next go round when it happens.

The Flame

BeastThu 17-Jul-03 04:07 PM
34 posts
#19298, "RE: Aether syndrome"
In response to Reply #18

>Don't worry, I won't rant on you like you did me.

Sorry if it sounded like that, just trying to be helpful.

>I had my suspicions of you and now that I know who played
>Garguza, they make perfect sense.
>
>Being a Scarab is a lonely, difficult life, bottom line. Do
>not join the religion if you are a social character, you will
>be disappointed guaranteed, like you were. Even though
>Scarabaeus is often difficult to reach, I found that he was
>about more recently than I have ever seen him. It took
>Drugadath three months to speak to him a second time, it took
>Ancrulhjin only a week I think.

Before Wakachacha I never was a real social character, but the character required it...changed how I played CF I guess. And after getting inducted so fast and solid return of interaction for 2 weeks, it was odd to hear nothing for three...

>I can understand where you are coming from about the loner
>aspect, and while it is not for everyone, it is perfectly
>suited for me. I like nothing more than to do what I wish and
>be left alone to carry out my endeavors. I think the life of a
>Scarab is like a rollercoaster, at times being alone is great,
>other times, you need interaction to spice things up but this
>is not always available. You just have to wade through the
>valleys and enjoy the crests.

I had no real problem with it pre 40s. I loved it, but people would actually group with me and I had more conversations with people when they weren't in my pk range (lot of people asked who and what I was). Soon as I got into the hero range, it became a hunt for my life...not a question of who I was. Just got boring to be chased or chasing always.

>As well, being tied to the hip of a healer certainly has some
>benefits, if not just the social aspect of it. You both came
>up quickly and I was a little at odds of how to interact with
>other Scarabs. I pretty well let you do what you wished as I
>did. When the healer deleted, I was curious how long you would
>hold out. I knew it would not be for long but I must admit
>that even I did not expect it to happen this quickly. I guess
>you got a taste of what I experienced from day one and it was
>not to your liking. Like I said, it is not for everyone.

Quite honestly the reason why I was "tied to the hip" was because of the simple fact that we ranked faster and I got to get my defenses up with tanking with a healer. Soon as I got into range of killing spirits solo, we only grouped at that point because it was a necessity sometimes and we had a mutual agreement as Scarabs - didn't need the healer anymore for ranking. You saw the log of Astilamos killing me, and the horde of 6+ people chasing me around - I wasn't an AP, I was a warrior. One on one I could kill nearly anyone, but beyond that it was stupid to take on the horde...which I did a lot for the character even though I knew I'd die. I didn't grab many preps (think I used shield/haste twice) and you just can't take on that many people with a pure offensive character.

>I make a character thinking I will get no immortal attention.
>Then if it happens, it is just a pleasant surprise. You seem
>to expect or demand it and I think you picked the wrong
>religion for that (Scar can be frugal with his interactions at
>times, but we all have OOC crap to deal with so you have to be
>understanding)and I can see why you burned out. And like you
>said, you began to see what I saw about the ganging and lack
>of willing opponents and I don't blame you for deleting. I
>couldn't take it anymore myself, though I put up with it for
>significantly longer than you.

I made Wakachacha looking for nothing, and I got it. Gnome only-hand spec for 350 hours, and I loved it to death. Raiding/defending and cabalmates added what I needed....the Cult just didn't have any of that. It's just not fun without opponents in sane numbers, or always fighting just in general. Soltitude just isn't me anymore.

>About the cabal aspect, everything having to do with cabals
>was still there with the religion. If the goodies wanted you
>bad enough, a whole whack of them would come into the Temple
>and try for you and it turns into a big raid once again. I was
>involved in a few of these and they were quite enjoyable.
>While it's true having a cabal channel would be nice, I can't
>say I used it more than a handful of times with Drucyrus in a
>year except when the IMMs used it so it is really not
>necessary. After all, who are you going to talk to 90% of the
>time?

Oh I had times like that, paladins spamming summon at the gargoyle but the simple fact of going for the goal of an item and retrieving and such makes it much more interesting. Just having an item would have made it more interesting because they would have gone for it - not just us. Paladins might have had a chance against me if the Cult's item was gone

>No offense, but Garguza did not impress me much so I guess the
>feeling is mutual and we will leave it at that. Good luck on
>your next go round when it happens.

Same to you with the luck, and quite honestly Garguza didn't really impress me either - there's just something about interaction that makes you get into a character...at around level 15-40 I was great but it quickly died.

>The Flame

Beast

Top General Discussions The Battlefield Topic #19198 Previous topic | Next topic