Subject: "[Deleted] Gevanter." Previous topic | Next topic
Printer-friendly copy Email this topic to a friend CF Website
Top General Discussions The Battlefield Topic #18373
Show all folders

Gevanter (Guest)Thu 12-Jun-03 10:40 PM

#18373, "[Deleted] Gevanter."

It was getting really boring, I died twice in the last week, was getting ballsier to be frank. Anyway, I hope a war does start between Sylvan and the Fortress, for reasons I don't really want to discuss.

I was sphere deception, and did a lot of things to try and turn evil at the end. Seems things just didn't work out, or I was supposed to wait or something, but I told myself I'd delete when I lost my suit, which I did. The goodies are really being assholes, and people who roll them up to keep goodies up top, and evils who won't rank, and 9-1 gangbangs and all that #### is going to keep me from coming back to the game.

I did most of my killing solo, and I decieved people and led them to their deaths. I tried not to hunt the imperials the last couple of weeks, it just didn't seem *fun* for me to continually hassle them. I don't need that sort of thing to boost my ego. Cheating is rampant these days too, it seems everyone knows everyone and a lot of shadiness is abounds. This sours me to the game in general, and to be frank with a flourishing new business on my hands I have been putting off more important things to play (then not having a good time when I *did* play).

My ratio was 91%, 62pk wins, 6pk losses. I lied a lot in game, thats what sphere deception is I guess. So anyway, goodies help warlocks against sylvans, goodies won't apologize so I fight them, get into a fight with them, entwined, don't get worded, die, full loot except for a shield and an axe (and I had a lot of spares). Screw them, I hope they all get turned neutral. At least I did what I did because I was trying to get turned evil, bah.

Also, I was able to log in right after rage deleting, not sure if its supposed to be like that.

Thoughts on rangers :

Very nice class, very potent, but even enlarged bearcharge is quite crappy. Oh well, thats game balance for you. They have great tanking ability, great offensive ability, utility abounds.

Thoughts on sylvan :

I don't like how we've become cuddly and understanding, except when we're ganging imperials in 8man squads. Too many gangers in my opinion. I never liked that aspect of sylvan. Too much taking crap from the Fortress, and I didn't like that either. Was irritated that I wasn't considered for a leadership position, but not overly so. I would've had to abandon it anyway if things worked out like I wanted them to.

Immortals :

Saldradien : Who?

Amaranthe : Who?

Scarabaeus : I liked you, but I felt like you were too busy to help me with what I wanted. Sorry for wasting your time.

Imm who talked with me at 35: What happened to you?

Mortals, to be honest, so many to name, I'd rather reply to responses.

Alert | IP Printer Friendly copy | Reply | Reply with quote | Top

Reply RE: [Deleted] Gevanter., Blachmianan (Guest), 13-Jun-03 04:52 AM, #23
Reply Thanks a ton., Gevanter (Guest), 13-Jun-03 07:21 PM, #24
Reply CAN'T SAY MUCH, OBLAIN (Guest), 13-Jun-03 01:38 AM, #16
Reply RE: CAN'T SAY MUCH, Gevanter (Guest), 13-Jun-03 02:29 AM, #17
Reply Only fought once but, Haaaslett (Guest), 13-Jun-03 12:48 AM, #15
Reply RE: Only fought once but, Gevanter (Guest), 13-Jun-03 02:31 AM, #18
Reply Farewell, good job, Tavish (Guest), 12-Jun-03 07:23 PM, #12
Reply kinda how I felt, Quid (Guest), 13-Jun-03 12:46 AM, #14
Reply Thanks man, yeah I took a break in the middle for busin..., Gevanter (Guest), 13-Jun-03 02:40 AM, #22
Reply Ah, Drat, Amaranthe, 12-Jun-03 02:12 PM, #10
Reply RE: Ah, Drat, Gevanter (Guest), 13-Jun-03 02:32 AM, #19
Reply RE: [Deleted] Gevanter., Corthy Wick (Guest), 12-Jun-03 11:28 AM, #9
Reply RE: [Deleted] Gevanter., Gevanter (Guest), 12-Jun-03 12:03 PM, #13
     Reply RE: Accent, Corthy Wick (Guest), 12-Jun-03 04:06 PM, #11
Reply You really brought on some confusion., Faeras (Guest), 12-Jun-03 11:13 AM, #7
Reply I thought I killed you solo..., Gevanter (Guest), 12-Jun-03 11:20 AM, #8
Reply Very well played, Ildiko (Guest), 12-Jun-03 08:32 AM, #6
Reply Thanks man, have fun with Ildiko. nt, Gevanter (Guest), 13-Jun-03 02:32 AM, #20
Reply Well, kisrithian (Guest), 12-Jun-03 08:29 AM, #5
Reply Yeah we had some good times, I appreciated your support..., Gevanter (Guest), 13-Jun-03 02:32 AM, #21
Reply RE: [Deleted] Gevanter., Scarabaeus, 12-Jun-03 07:44 AM, #3
Reply RE: [Deleted] Gevanter., Gevanter (Guest), 12-Jun-03 08:13 AM, #4
Reply RE: [Deleted] Gevanter., Akrenetai (Guest), 12-Jun-03 05:37 AM, #1
     Reply RE: [Deleted] Gevanter., Gevanter (Guest), 12-Jun-03 05:44 AM, #2

Blachmianan (Guest)Fri 13-Jun-03 04:52 AM

#18447, "RE: [Deleted] Gevanter."
In response to Reply #0

Sorry to see you go. I had some idea you were sphere deception before you got Blrindelfrin the way you did, but, when the Erenthell situation happened and I got pulled into it, thats when I knew it. I was thinking to myself, "Well done, Gevanter, that's the way to kill that invoker." Then two days later I was thinking to myself, "Okay...now he did it to an ally." The thing is, you were being yourself and it was not an act of defiling and so I told Erenthell I wasn't going to do anything about except talk to you. I do have to thank you for not being around for that stretch where I got lieutenant. You surely would have gotten it had you been around. As far as the warders getting cuddly, well, I think that happens with many cabals that are doing well. And it stays within the pack. As far as sylvan rangers go, you were definately one of the best right up there with Juggynheim, Sahannara and Manecit. Always very comfortable as a solo act, but, great to have in a group because you knew what you were doing.

Gevanter (Guest)Fri 13-Jun-03 07:21 PM

#18466, "Thanks a ton."
In response to Reply #23

I definately appreciate the praise. I was a bit bummed when you didn't get Captain, not only for your skill and roleplaying ability but also because you and I agreed on many subjects. I could kinda tell you were catching on to my secret ploys, since you were one of the few that appeared to notice my description change regarding the severed skulls and such (which may have been why you seemed to randomly gate to me when I was out seeking the dark gods). I don't want another leadership position either way, would've just been nice to have been offered , but definately doing a great job with your character so far. Whenever we had you on, I was 100% sure I wouldn't die no matter what we did. I knew you had a firm grasp on what you were doing and was a bloodthirsty competant healer.

Either way, thanks again and I'll catch you in a future incarnation. G'luck with the pack and don't go deleting since the Grove is definately a step up with you in it.

OBLAIN (Guest)Fri 13-Jun-03 01:38 AM

#18439, "CAN'T SAY MUCH"
In response to Reply #0

I didn't fight you that time inthe void (even with sanc and a #### load of preps) because they were all to fall on the hour and I was about 150 hps down anyways, but you were a fun enemy, snares can be a real bitch anytime.

PS that one time me brindel and Shaz were up against six of you, you should have gone for the kill, we were really fumbling.

Oblain kun Quinslin.

Gevanter (Guest)Fri 13-Jun-03 02:29 AM

#18440, "RE: CAN'T SAY MUCH"
In response to Reply #16

Gevanter had too much pride to really press fights where he was grossly outnumbering his enemies. That said, I'm not really sure I remember the particular fight you're referring to.

Haaaslett (Guest)Fri 13-Jun-03 12:48 AM

#18434, "Only fought once but"
In response to Reply #0

I respected Gevanter, I could tell you didn't go after everyone with others. However, that time you did attack me, I was being hit by your others. Fortunately for me, I did have a healer with me, though he is a bit slow, but learning. Anyway, once I made you drop a weapon, the fight swung my way. Good work though, too bad you couldn't just leave sylvan and help the underdogs.

Haaslett

Gevanter (Guest)Fri 13-Jun-03 02:31 AM

#18441, "RE: Only fought once but"
In response to Reply #15

Nice char. I wanted to but you know what? When it gets to that boring point its hard to get back into the swing of things. My first reaction is "Geez, this guy talks a lot of trash." I tended to do that as well, heh. Either way, see you on the flipside.

Tavish (Guest)Thu 12-Jun-03 07:23 PM

#18416, "Farewell, good job"
In response to Reply #0

You lasted alot longer than I did. When we were at rank 30 or so you said we should gain hero and go hunting together. Well, I got hero, and died before you heroed, but you were still always there. I can recall several times when you asked me to help you take out a group of three defilers, and by the time I got there, they were already dead or gone. Thats skill, and it was obveous to me, and should be obveous to others that your skill is well deserved. I liked your char because he was so different than any other sylvan I've interaced with, and from when I first met you, I knew there was an evil streak in you. Anyways, well played, see you in the fields if you decide to have another.

Quid (Guest)Fri 13-Jun-03 12:46 AM

#18433, "kinda how I felt"
In response to Reply #12

though he wasn't "evil" if you ask me. just "opportunistic" as Scarabaues so eloquently put it. always seemed very confident and competent as well. Nice job Gev.

oh yeah "Obvious" not Obveous

-Quiddie

Gevanter (Guest)Fri 13-Jun-03 02:40 AM

#18445, "Thanks man, yeah I took a break in the middle for busin..."
In response to Reply #12

I missed Tavish when he was gone, we would've had some more good times.

AmarantheThu 12-Jun-03 02:12 PM
Member since 17th Mar 2003
536 posts
Click to send email to this author Click to send private message to this author Click to view this author's profile Click to add this author to your buddy list
#18402, "Ah, Drat"
In response to Reply #0

I interacted with you more than you realized, and I imagine some of what you presumed to be Scarabaeus was actually me portraying... well, you'll never find out now! I had plans for you, and tried to throw you a few bones to let you know that your role would be furthered when the opportunity allowed for it, but ah well. Never interacted with you in character, becuase if I had, you would have had some ravens plucking out your eyes or something.

Well done character. I wouldn't mind seeing more "grittiness" like Gevanter in the Sylvan Warders.

Gevanter (Guest)Fri 13-Jun-03 02:32 AM

#18442, "RE: Ah, Drat"
In response to Reply #10

Wow, had zero clue it was you. Thanks a lot, shame we didn't get to push it forward but I was glad for the albeit brief attention . I revoke my "who" comment, with foot in mouth.

Corthy Wick (Guest)Thu 12-Jun-03 11:28 AM

#18397, "RE: [Deleted] Gevanter."
In response to Reply #0

You should have stayed around, mate. I do not think relations with the Fortress will remain at a simmer for much longer. Hey! I think this is the balancing act the Empire has been waiting for for so long. Surely some heat will leave them if we begin hunting Fortress.

All in all, I thought Gevanter as very cocky, arrogant. However, I loved interacting with you because your speech was eloquent (don't get that much these days. Can't tell if someone is really that dumb, or just RPing.) and your character was pretty..colorful. Corthy, as a char, didn't like you nor did he trust you. Though, I will remember you boast when we first met, after I got ganged by Malinran, Astilamos, and some other fellow: "Me and Malinran had a deal, and he broke it. It is 8 o'clock now, by 8 o'clock tomorrow, he will be dead, I promise you." You never killed him, probably never did, but hey, thanks.

Gevanter (Guest)Thu 12-Jun-03 10:40 PM

#18398, "RE: [Deleted] Gevanter."
In response to Reply #9

Yeah, was just trying to make you feel better, I used to rank with Malinran. *shrug* My role was to be prideful. The accent was faked as part of my RP. I don't like you as a player, or as a char, so I'll just leave it at that.

Corthy Wick (Guest)Thu 12-Jun-03 04:06 PM

#18408, "RE: Accent"
In response to Reply #13

What? You misunderstood me, I was not insulting you. I said I thought you spoke with eloquence (i.e. a good vocab) and then I went on to say that you do not get eloquence much these days, I never know if others (the ones who are NOT eloquent) are really that dumb, or if they are faking it. I was not calling you dumb.

Faeras (Guest)Thu 12-Jun-03 11:13 AM

#18394, "You really brought on some confusion."
In response to Reply #0

But I couldn't trust you, even if what you were saying did sound promising.

I appreciated our spat of interaction, though, after I died to you while ranking like a month or so(?) ago? Forget dying to a gangbang, that's just life - but that death to you (and my mistake) just plain sucked. Being able to exchange roles afterwards, though, sweetened the bitter pill.

Gevanter (Guest)Thu 12-Jun-03 11:20 AM

#18396, "I thought I killed you solo..."
In response to Reply #7

...And you never killed me...right? Am I misreading what you're sayin? I could be, haven't slept in a while...*grumble*

Ildiko (Guest)Thu 12-Jun-03 08:32 AM

#18383, "Very well played"
In response to Reply #0

It was fun, but all I have to say regarding you char is look at how often people raided when you where on, almost never. You gotta admit that says something, plus you where smart. Well played and good luck on the next if you decide to come back

#18443, "Thanks man, have fun with Ildiko. nt"
In response to Reply #6

nt

kisrithian (Guest)Thu 12-Jun-03 08:29 AM

#18382, "Well"
In response to Reply #0

I agree completly with your take on the fortress, I know that you and I really didn't do to much other than lvl and hunt a bit, but thanks again for showing me some places I've never been too. I went back to veran thanks to you just to re-explore it, and I have to say that was wild. But in the fight you where talking about I do agree that most goodies should be turned neut. Other than that though I must say well played, you really did scare me. You knew how to exploit every weakness, and if there wasn't a weakness, well you still won by being a crafty ####. In the end though, you where old and I really wasn't suprised when I found out you deleted, since you where a hero when I first made Kisrithian. But again well played.

#18444, "Yeah we had some good times, I appreciated your support..."
In response to Reply #5

nt

ScarabaeusThu 12-Jun-03 07:44 AM
Member since 19th Feb 2011
1524 posts
Click to send email to this author Click to send private message to this author Click to view this author's profile Click to add this author to your buddy list
#18380, "RE: [Deleted] Gevanter."
In response to Reply #0

>Scarabaeus : I liked you, but I felt like you were too busy to
>help me with what I wanted. Sorry for wasting your time.

Although I have been pretty busy, it's typically been dealing with mortals. I was never convinced Gevanter's proposals were anything more than opportunistic and that's just not the way the Lich works. Remember, two of the Sacer spheres are Truth and Purity. Short term usefulness can be capitalized on, but it's shallow and fleeting. Anyway, don't worry about it.

Gevanter (Guest)Thu 12-Jun-03 08:13 AM

#18381, "RE: [Deleted] Gevanter."
In response to Reply #3

Yeah, I actually went to you because initially I thought you were the one who contacted me a while back...which I quickly realized wasn't the case. Opportunistic summed up Gevanter pretty well actually.

Akrenetai (Guest)Thu 12-Jun-03 05:37 AM

#18377, "RE: [Deleted] Gevanter."
In response to Reply #0

I knew something was up with you and Sassmi and I even wrote notes to the effect that you were not to ever become a sylvan. I don't know how you got past stakard, but I was surprised to see you as a sylvan. Also disappointed in Stakard for inducting you...

Gevanter (Guest)Thu 12-Jun-03 05:44 AM

#18379, "RE: [Deleted] Gevanter."
In response to Reply #1

Actually, I don't think Starkad inducted me. Griimbling did if I recall. Starkad might've been Lieutenant. Not sure what you're talking about with Sassmi. That whole thing early on was because I was decieving two defilers (who I later slew) and she decided to call all her powers on me, which irritated Gevanter.

Top General Discussions The Battlefield Topic #18373 Previous topic | Next topic