Subject: "(DEL)Starkad Jarnaksa the Edge of Thunder" Previous topic | Next topic
Printer-friendly copy Email this topic to a friend CF Website
Top General Discussions The Battlefield Topic #18156
Show all folders

Starkad (Guest)Sun 08-Jun-03 09:04 PM

#18156, "(DEL)Starkad Jarnaksa the Edge of Thunder"

Starkad the voice of fury, Herald of the storm.
Starkad Jarnaksa the edge of thunder, Captain of the sylvan warders.

Starkad Jarnaksa was by far my most successfull character, tattoed, leadership, title. He was twice as old as any of my past characters, that should be an indication of how much I enjoyed playing him. But the last couple of weeks, things have gone downwards and I have been losing interest in him quickly. Shamans is definatly my favourite class to play, their staying power is awesome. Almost more so than shield ded. paladins.

Starkad has been though alot, from the time with Sassmi and Griimbling where sylvan was strong. To the times when empire and tribunals was slowly killing sylvan. There was about a month where I died more than once each time I logged in. But at that time I had the power to change things, I could induct. So together with Blachmianan and Dacheal I built up a new sylvan, fightning in against far to many opponents. (And even worse, a fox who could see me camoed) It slowly grew, and soon we was stronger than most. But it did not stop since we killed alot, so people came flocking to us and we got...maybe twice as big as the next cabal. It was at this time things started going downhill, because I enjoy challenges. I would almost go as far as to say I enjoy dying occationaly.

Starkad met alot of people in his 600 hours, so I wont even try to mention all of them. But I will mention those who I felt as starkads best friends.

Firstly imms:

Saldradien:
I cannot thank you enaugh for the countless interactions during my time. From empowerment to my old days. I still remember our talk when I was level 20, where I got the windrider title and your blessing to seek out sylvan. In my empowerment interview, I think I spoke about leading the grove towards the storms, and see where I ended up! I interacted with you when I played Cerunnir, and I promised myself that I would make a follower of you when you got a religion. And now it has ended.

Amaranthe:
Thanks for the captain possition, you are a great asset to sylvan. Keep those interactions coming!

Sebeok:
I remember when you went visible, when there was a sylvan-fortress discussion on CB. Everyone went extremly quiet and it took like two minuttes before anyone dared to answer. Oh, how a level 60 imm demand respect by just showing himself.

Sylvans:

Dacheal:
You were Starkads best friend for like 400 game hours. We had quite a few arguments over ways of thinking, but all in all we came out of it very well. Damn, a shaman can be deadly together with one who can entwine well. Keep on trucking, you will go far in sylvan.

Blachmianan:
You were also one of Starkads best friends in the hard times. You saved my ass so many times I wont even start to count them. Those healing sleeps were VERY welcome in times of hardship.

Griimbling:
Thanks for the Lieutenant, it was a great show of trust in me. And lo behold, it turned out well.

Sassmi:
Starkad really liked sassmi, she was a light point. And something to laugh of But you deleted way to early, I had just hit hero ranks when you were gone.

Corthy:
You were the first one I inducted as lieutenant, and the first one I inducted as captain. I really liked you after you did not give up, when you lost favour with amaranthe. And was uninducted. Keep on going, corthy is a very good character.

Phraenduell:
I remember your interview for acceptance, you were really unsure about a few things. But your roleplay was very nice, and it was not hard to sense that you would learn quickly. Good luck!

Mhreia/Zaelfar:
Behold the super stacked felar ranger with perma haste. We heroed together against the skeletons, you two was really cool to interact with because both of you were very light hearted. You always argued and Starkad kept lifing you up and forcing you to shake hands. And ofcourse, I was a watchout tower.

Zuou:
You impress me, your roleplay during the interview was simply awesome.

Arduarn:
You left all to quickly, and all to quietly. You were a beast with those axes. I saw you DEMO through sanc once.

Gevanter:
You might be the only one who can match me on how long you have been in sylvan, but you also had a long absence in the middle there somewhere.

Vaessima:
Starkad saw alot of potential in you, you were skilled and very knowledged. Good luck!

I know there is lots I miss!

Friends:
Karun:
We had a strange relationship, where I ended up killing you with great sorrow. But we fought alot with eachother, and we racked up quite a few kills.

Ildareen:
We spoke regularly after the time we met in Saldradiens shrine. After I while I knew who spoke to me when you did. How fare the wilds?

Brogg:
I loved brogg'an crap. You were interested in speaking to me about sylvan philosophy, and you were aways around to kill tribunals with me.

Starkad really did not have many friends outside sylvan, but he had tons of allies. If there is anyone who feel left out..do reply!

Enemies:
Jamain:
You were the one who kept tribunals together and strong, after you left everthing just crumbeled and withered away. Good enemy, I hated you.

5 or 6 tribunal cloud giant warriors:
I almost feel sorry for you, but Starkad HATED tribunals.

Blrindelfrin:
Damnit! The first fights we had I felt I had the upper hand, then you got better...

Sakard:
You were my prime foe for half of starkads life. It was hillariou how some people kept telling me that starkad was there, and there. Thanks for the final fight, it was fun. Very fun.

Horde of drow healers:
It is not fun to be gated to by three different healers, while I have an air form hunting me. And a water form guarding the waters. And a fox running to get me out of hiding. It can be quite annoying when trying to re-equip, but it teached me how to run..a lot.

Ghuljun:
I think you got me twice, one of the times was because I was stupid. I have learnt how to survive and fight necros, it is by far not the easiest thing.

Navarro:
They finally fixed the western crossroad so windwalk dont drop there! Damnit!

I also have had countless enemies, if I should mention them all it would take me a half day. Post and I will reply. May you all go to hell!

An Immortal tells you '62%, 81 and 48'
This PK rationg was roughly what I expected.

Starkad Jarnaksa the Edge of Thunder, Captain of the Sylvan Warders
-------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Level : 51 Sex : male Race : storm
Ethos : Chaotic Align : Good Class : shaman
Practices: 2 Trains : 0 Hometown : Holy Grove
Exp : 586900 To Level : 27100 Sphere : Storms
Hit Point: 649 /649 Mana : 745 /745 Move : 729 /729
Str : 23(23) Int : 17(17) Wis : 17(17)
Dex : 17(17) Con : 11(11) Chr : 17(17)
Carry # : 7/30 Weight : 32 kg 668 g (Max 239 kg)
Gold : 6 Silver : 235 Copper : 10549
Wimpy : 300 hp Morale : Moderate Position : Standing
Hitroll : 13 Damroll : 11
AC pierce: 40 Slightly armored AC bash : 40 Slightly armored
AC slash : 40 Slightly armored AC magic : 12 Armored
vs Spell : Protected vs Paralysis : Not protected
vs Breath: Not protected vs Petrification: Not protected
You are affected by:
Commune: 'detect invis' for 29 hours.
-------------------------------------------------------------------------------

You are using:
<worn on finger> a ring embossed with lightning bolts
<worn on finger> a ring embossed with lightning bolts
<worn about body> the robe of wind
<wielded> a thin-bladed longsword named 'Sracha the bite of the West Wind'
<tattooed> A cyclone with interlocking tails

blindness 100%(100%) cancellation 78%( 78%)
cause critical 1%( 1%) cause light 1%( 1%)
cause serious 1%( 1%) charge 1%( 1%)
cure blindness 91%( 91%) cure critical 100%(100%)
cure disease 79%( 79%) cure light 1%( 1%)
cure poison 84%( 84%) cure serious 1%( 1%)
curse 91%( 91%) demonfire 100%(100%)
detect evil 1%( 1%) detect invis 100%(100%)
detect magic 1%( 1%) dispel 88%( 88%)
dispel evil 100%(100%) earthquake 75%( 75%)
energy drain 93%( 93%) faerie fire 89%( 89%)
faerie fog 88%( 88%) frenzy 100%(100%)
harm 1%( 1%) holy word 91%( 91%)
identify 96%( 96%) infravision 20%( 20%)
know alignment 1%( 1%) locate object 100%(100%)
plague 100%(100%) poison 75%( 75%)
protection 100%(100%) refresh 100%(100%)
sanctuary 100%(100%) summon 100%(100%)
weaken 76%( 76%) word of recall 100%(100%)
axe 100%(100%) flail 100%(100%)
polearm 89%( 89%) sword 100%(100%)
enhanced damage 100%(100%) hand to hand 100%(100%)
kick 1%( 1%) parry 100%(100%)
second attack 100%(100%) shield cleave 75%( 75%)
lash 75%( 75%) fast healing 100%(100%)
haggle 1%( 1%) meditation 100%(100%)
recall 100%(100%) dispel good 86%( 86%)
warcry 91%( 91%) protective shield 100%(100%)
trance 100%(100%) shield block 100%(100%)
turn undead 76%( 76%) tsunami 1%( 1%)
fatigue 85%( 85%) damnation 87%( 87%)
detect good 1%( 1%) redemption 80%( 80%)
famish 75%( 75%) rot 81%( 81%)
aristaeia 75%( 75%) wither 78%( 78%)
bioempathy 75%( 75%) harmony 88%( 88%)
preservation 77%( 77%) trepidation 70%( 70%)
windwalk 100%(100%) wall of thorns 79%( 79%)
beast call 75%( 75%) chameleon 100%(100%)
strengthen 75%( 75%) pen 1%( 1%)
You have 2 practice sessions left.

Past characters: Seon, Nangor, Fredrilath, Thevequn, Cerunnir, Thorgard, Zacerzan, Carzolian...and now..

Starkad Jarnaksa is out!

Later!

Alert | IP Printer Friendly copy | Reply | Reply with quote | Top

Reply RE: (DEL)Starkad Jarnaksa the Edge of Thunder, Amaranthe, 12-Jun-03 02:19 PM, #19
Reply RE: (DEL)Starkad Jarnaksa the Edge of Thunder, Corthy Wick (Guest), 10-Jun-03 11:46 AM, #15
Reply Captain my captain, Phraenduell (Guest), 10-Jun-03 11:18 AM, #14
Reply Well done on all aspects...., Griimbling (Guest), 09-Jun-03 10:40 PM, #13
Reply RE: Well done on all aspects...., Starkad (Guest), 11-Jun-03 03:42 AM, #17
Reply Peace, bro., Grumby (Guest), 09-Jun-03 05:24 PM, #12
Reply Well, Ildiko (Guest), 09-Jun-03 03:25 PM, #11
Reply RE: (DEL)Starkad Jarnaksa the Edge of Thunder, Aelgain (Guest), 09-Jun-03 01:15 PM, #10
Reply RE: (DEL)Starkad Jarnaksa the Edge of Thunder, Blachmianan (Guest), 09-Jun-03 12:46 PM, #9
Reply RE: (DEL)Starkad Jarnaksa the Edge of Thunder, Karun (Guest), 09-Jun-03 08:51 AM, #8
Reply RE: (DEL)Starkad and apology (formal), Saldradien, 09-Jun-03 08:14 AM, #7
Reply Thanks., Starkad (Guest), 11-Jun-03 03:34 AM, #16
Reply Hmmm, dwimmerling, 09-Jun-03 08:08 AM, #6
Reply RE: (DEL)Starkad Jarnaksa the Edge of Thunder, Navarro (Guest), 09-Jun-03 06:08 AM, #5
Reply RE: (DEL)Starkad Jarnaksa the Edge of Thunder, Dacheal (Guest), 08-Jun-03 11:56 PM, #4
Reply Good luck!, Starkad (Guest), 11-Jun-03 03:44 AM, #18
Reply Well played n/t, Jegrael (Guest), 08-Jun-03 10:02 PM, #2
Reply RE: (DEL)Starkad Jarnaksa the Edge of Thunder, Mazaufat, 08-Jun-03 09:56 PM, #1
     Reply Yay!, Wilhath, 08-Jun-03 10:13 PM, #3

AmarantheThu 12-Jun-03 02:19 PM
Member since 17th Mar 2003
536 posts
Click to send email to this author Click to send private message to this author Click to view this author's profile Click to add this author to your buddy list
#18404, "RE: (DEL)Starkad Jarnaksa the Edge of Thunder"
In response to Reply #0

I enjoyed watching you captain the warders, even if I did think you were a little too trigger-happy with the induct button. I was disappointed when Saldradien replaced your lightening bolt with Sracha, as I had fun communicating with you through the enigmatic storm and had hoped to continue with that, but when Sald returned from his MIA status you were back in his hands. Hope you had fun, and good luck with your next.

Corthy Wick (Guest)Tue 10-Jun-03 11:46 AM

#18225, "RE: (DEL)Starkad Jarnaksa the Edge of Thunder"
In response to Reply #0

Will for sure miss you. By far one of my favorite character to interact with. When I joined Sylvan, there were like five of us and getting trampled on. You came around and made the Grove strong with your not-too-strict and not-too-lenient approach to inducting and leading. You seemed for the most part light-hearted enough for me to feel for and deep enough to make you interesting. Thank you for a good time.

Phraenduell (Guest)Tue 10-Jun-03 11:18 AM

#18222, "Captain my captain"
In response to Reply #0

If you think about the questions, really, asking a healer how to WALK somewhere? Where to get food and water? I had to make sure I
had the right answers before I gave them too you.

Great character, fun to follow, fun to watch. I am really gonna miss you.

Griimbling (Guest)Mon 09-Jun-03 10:40 PM

#18204, "Well done on all aspects...."
In response to Reply #0

I havent been playing much, if at all lately, but from what I have heard you have been doing a good job as Cappy. Im glad you got every opportunity to shine like you have. Also made me smile when you interviewed by dwarf warrior Onar a long while back and you were using my main final question, "Though I think you knew it was me when I answered it perfectly", but it made me smile nevertheless...

Good Job....

Griim

Starkad (Guest)Wed 11-Jun-03 03:42 AM

#18258, "RE: Well done on all aspects...."
In response to Reply #13

Yeh, I used your questions for a while. Untill I found some nice ones myself, but later in life I turned towards the 'Convince me that you will become a good sylvan.' question/command and let them speak. Then i would ask questions to fill in the lacking things.

Grumby (Guest)Mon 09-Jun-03 05:24 PM

#18191, "Peace, bro."
In response to Reply #0

Starkad was a great character, always willing to do what it took despite odds or consequence. Maybe a little to quick on the summon, though (or probably me being too slow on the trigger). Anyway, good luck with the next.

Ildiko (Guest)Mon 09-Jun-03 03:25 PM

#18179, "Well"
In response to Reply #0

Well it was fun while it lasted, you where definatly good at tearing things up. I enjoyed fighting beside you and thought that you where a good captain.

Aelgain (Guest)Mon 09-Jun-03 01:15 PM

#18173, "RE: (DEL)Starkad Jarnaksa the Edge of Thunder"
In response to Reply #0

Just wanted to say thanks for the induction. That and comment the flocking to sylvan thing. I don't know if the applicants (myself included) ever realize how strong sylvan is when they come to it. Maybe I'm just fooling myself. I actually joined figuring you'd be the underdog, and based on the fighting in my thirties and forties, I'd have been right had I just paced my ranking to equal that of others. Sorry to not have amounted to much with this, my first sylvan. Maybe some other time.

Blachmianan (Guest)Mon 09-Jun-03 12:46 PM

#18172, "RE: (DEL)Starkad Jarnaksa the Edge of Thunder"
In response to Reply #0

Was sorry to see you go, but, I know how it goes when you have that much time into a character. Heck, you were already a hero and Lieutenant when I became an applicant. Kudos to you for sticking around during that tough time. I generally lean towards the underdogs to make a difference, and no one will ever say that you, Dacheal and I didn't come up with a plan to turn the pack around and make it as strong as it is. Maybe when Dach and I are gone, I might even go into it more than.

Karun (Guest)Mon 09-Jun-03 08:51 AM

#18166, "RE: (DEL)Starkad Jarnaksa the Edge of Thunder"
In response to Reply #0

Hey good job on your side! I had many sylvans in past when they just came in and I must say you was damn good leader for them. Good luck with your next

SaldradienMon 09-Jun-03 08:14 AM
Member since 04th Mar 2003
9 posts
Click to send email to this author Click to send private message to this author Click to view this author's profile Click to add this author to your buddy list Click to send message via AOL IM
#18164, "RE: (DEL)Starkad and apology (formal)"
In response to Reply #0

First off.. Good character. I enjoyed our interactions, and your role play. Even moreso was the development of the character. From blind Stormy type shaman to the "okay wait, the religion and the cabal are different" It was a pleasure to see you develop Starkad along the way. There was never any question over who would get the Captain spot, though we did coordinate poorly on your first leaderweap. All said and done I think we got it straightened out. Now on to my apology not just to you but to any sylvan who showed up for the festival. First off I got the time wrong, for that I take full responsibility and offer a sincere apology to the players involved. Secondly and even more crappy. I fell in a hole yesterday and broke my foot at the fifth metatarsal, so while the Festival was going on I was doped up in the emergency room. I heart you dimerol. That being said I applaud you for Starkad and hope to see you again down the road. Good job on this one, even if youdid overinflate the cabal a little.

PS 600 hours on a character is just the tip of the rp iceberg, and I think you've seen now how rewarding it can be. Even if burnout sets in at some point. I tried to revive you, but hey that's the game.

Starkad (Guest)Wed 11-Jun-03 03:34 AM

#18256, "Thanks."
In response to Reply #7

Yes, I was a bit disapointed when you could not show up for the festival you set in motion. But I knew you had to have a good reason...and there you go . We will probably meet again yes, but for now im done with sylvans for a while. Oh, and the realisation that the cabal and religion was different...I knew it but I let starkad take his time to figure it out. Since afterall..storm giants are not the smartest around.

Later!

May the storms blow wild and strong!

dwimmerlingMon 09-Jun-03 07:54 AM
Member since 04th Mar 2003
216 posts
Click to send email to this author Click to send private message to this author Click to view this author's profile Click to add this author to your buddy list Click to send message via AOL IM Click to send message via ICQ
#18163, "Hmmm"
In response to Reply #0
Edited on Mon 09-Jun-03 08:08 AM

I liked seeing a shaman as leader of the pack
took me right back to delanan.

heh
good char

Navarro (Guest)Mon 09-Jun-03 06:08 AM

#18162, "RE: (DEL)Starkad Jarnaksa the Edge of Thunder"
In response to Reply #0

Navarro: They finally fixed the western crossroad so windwalk dont drop there! Damnit!

I had the best luck finding you not flying and unsanc'd. Didn't know any of your other characters but i guess Starkad was well played.

Cheers.
Jhyrb.

Dacheal (Guest)Sun 08-Jun-03 11:56 PM

#18160, "RE: (DEL)Starkad Jarnaksa the Edge of Thunder"
In response to Reply #0

Like I told you before you left, you'll be missed. We'll try to keep the Grove strong like you made it, to the great and grand disappointment of all Imperials everywhere *waves happily at the gaping Imperials*. You were my best friend as well, and it's going to be very hard to replace you... unfortunately, that best friend thing meant even when we were angry in character, we were never apart. We made a good team, and the simple match we made seemed to make everyone thing we were always together. I suppose I'm going to have to prove my stuff now with you gone. I do hope that you will enjoy whatever character you have next as well as hopefully one day return to a Grove that remembers the name of Starkad. Be well, my friend, and rest well.

Dacheal

Starkad (Guest)Wed 11-Jun-03 03:44 AM

#18259, "Good luck!"
In response to Reply #4

Good luck! I hope you will enjoy your captain possition, and I am sure you will keep the grove strong. There is not reason why you should not manage I guess I have to kill you a few times now, eh?

Jegrael (Guest)Sun 08-Jun-03 10:02 PM

#18158, "Well played n/t"
In response to Reply #0

n/t

MazaufatSun 08-Jun-03 09:56 PM
Member since 23rd May 2003
36 posts
Click to send email to this author Click to send private message to this author Click to view this author's profile Click to add this author to your buddy list Click to send message via AOL IM
#18157, "RE: (DEL)Starkad Jarnaksa the Edge of Thunder"
In response to Reply #0

Well I can't say I am gonna be saddened to see you depart. A sylvan shaman gives any one worries. But having another summoner in the hoard gave me shivers. I can't count the number of times I'd see you log on and knew that the Maran/Sylvan hoard would be on its way. Still what little interaction we had outside of the group on group pk love was good. I'd say i'l miss you but truth be told I wont. But you should take that as a compliment. See you in the fields. P.S I was never one of the many drow healers that played lets gate to shaman game.
Maz, the patron saint of evil healer goodness

With questions of faith and thirsting ideals
they might call me a priest if I wasn’t a drunk

WilhathSun 08-Jun-03 10:13 PM
Member since 19th May 2003
528 posts
Click to send email to this author Click to send private message to this author Click to add this author to your buddy list
#18159, "Yay!"
In response to Reply #1

Now if only 15 more of you would delete the hero range might be fun. I'm hoping the boredom-bug is contagious.

I came on at the end of your reign, but if the size of a cabal is any indication of the successfulness of its leader then you were godlike. Nothing quite like logging on and seeing that your item is in the Warder Grove, which is essentially the hardest cabal to raid/retrieve from, and that there are 2 warriors, 3 druids, 2 healers, and 4 miscellaneous Sylvan-sympathizers around to aid in defense.

I always hated seeing you log on because inevitably you and yours would come knocking. Usually it'd end up with me regearing, but that one time when you died at the Centurions will forever be a high point for me.

Roll a bloodoath.

Top General Discussions The Battlefield Topic #18156 Previous topic | Next topic