Subject: "(DEL) Malinran" Previous topic | Next topic
Printer-friendly copy Email this topic to a friend CF Website
Top General Discussions The Battlefield Topic #17286
Show all folders

XaannixFri 02-May-03 08:29 PM
Member since 04th Mar 2003
499 posts
Click to send email to this author Click to send private message to this author Click to view this author's profile Click to add this author to your buddy list Click to send message via AOL IM
#17286, "(DEL) Malinran"

Well so much for this. Yah i know, i like thieves a lot, stealing for the hell of it is just awesome.

Died linkdead, to Karun from what i hear. Computer crashed mid PK.
Died 4 times before with Malinran, twice to a fortress gang and once to Iell, and once to Jolaerg + ORC + Muter. All the times was dressed about as I was this time. Wasnt a rage delete, since i would usually grab a blackjack and go dress myself. This time just didnt want to prolong the torments i have had with an arial thief.

I was initially helping out the village, since i hated mages almost as much as they did, but Malinran was different. He used mages if he needed something, and would likely kill them the next minute as long as their usefulness ran out. Shrewd and selfish, i tried to be pretty evil with this character. Cruel and mercyless, especially against goodies and those who i didnt like. I told the village about mages, told mages about the village if there was something for me to be gained by it. I had no loyalties, not even to the guild, but the guild was the highest on that list, only second to myself.

Gradually Malinran began to hate the light with a vengence. Hated everything about it. Especially watching a goodie bard loot a heartseeker from the corpse of a goodie thief and then sell it back to him for 100 gold. I began to side with antipaladins because i wanted to see one with a sick axe and help him or whoever kill those i couldnt kill alone. Malinran didnt fight if he didnt have a 50% chance of winning and a 90% chance of getting away if i lost.

GOODBYES:

Grogim: We had some good talks. Enjoyed every single one of em.

Sabiene/Alarin: Villager thieves, respected and liked you both.

Drugadath: I had a lot of fun with you. Two remorseless darklings hunting together, that was great. Kept telling you to be careful and not lose your axe. Tried to help you as much as i could and never asked for anything, except one time, and you complied...Scarab

Sebastiano: You were good. Too bad things didnt work out the way we planned them after my blackballing.

Moligant: Youre a very good Rp'er. Thanks for getting me back in the guild and making me part of your 'mafia family.' About that policy...how can a kingpin make a rule that says you cant steal at the inn?! Crazy, i didnt hear about it till Navarro got blackballed for it. Frankly, if i was Navarro i woulda killed you for it, not just blackjack and rob you. If i ever got caught stealing at the inn, and you made me pay 50 gold for it, i would have refused, and I think you knew it. I think that a kingpin is not like the General of Battle, where everyone listens and obeys. Kingpin IMHO is more of a top dog and if he steps outa line they other dogs will tear him up. I think you shoulda been a merchant not a thief. Dont mix the two professios and apply them to thieves...bad karma

Aneriasha: Umm, i despised you. I think it was because you always listened to everyone and you were a drow turned goodie. You were also the one who asked for that 'no steal at the inn' policy. Then it became obvious that your loyalty was not with thieves but with Herald.Made sure to rob/cheat and kill at the inn every chance i got.
I was going to kill you for that but never got the chance, since you dissapeared in the last week or so. If I was going to get blackballed for it, probably woulda killed Moligant too. (sorry Moligant but I WAS evil )

Jolaerg: I knew you tried to kill me, wasnt that dumb. We had a bad history. You got me once at the inn, with a gang. The time in Khazadun when you hunted me with a conjie and shifter while i was fogged was a classic. Ran around there at half hp and without a potion, managed to jack you and steal your return potion and quaff.
Never trusted you, didnt really mind you when you were alone, but when you were with a group i always avoided you.

Gastaad: Never left your guild when i was around, after you blackballed me.

Sayangu: Youre a kick ass villager, hands down. Whoever removed you from the village was smoking crack.

Queesha: You rock, really liked you, as a player and Malinran. Thanks for all the help, i think you knew i was always alone.

Navarro: You kick ass, we made a good team.

Nycoe: only goodie i liked other than Sabiene, a true thief, except for always messin with my fellow darklings. Never betrayed you though, to tell evils when you are near or attempt in anyway to betray your location. Thief honor i guess.

Mortug: LIttle bastard tho screwd me out of 100 gold, bad move, heh. You joined the guild later when things got bad enough, to save yourself the headache. I would have killed you the second you got into my PK range, guild or no guild.

Poti: You crack me up.

Raccidos: Very good thief. I thikn you will get far.

Yilish: Youre hardly ever around, same goes for Yanacek. Both of you, use those sets for something will you?

Marans--

Liu: A nice assassin, careful and calculated, i liked that. What didnt like was you always running from me and hiding in the woods, trying to stalk me. Nearly perfected assassinate with with Anxor, before Malinran, so you were not going to assassinate me. Sorry about ganking you, but i got sick and tired of you hiding. One thing i really didnt like, was that it took a lot of convincing and arguments to get you to fight me 1v1. As a maran you should be the one chasing me down, i keep remembering Jubair.

Karun: Gave you a bit of hell at lower ranks, but then at hero, there was nothing i could really do against you. Robbed you at every turn.
I think you knew on my last death, that i was linkdead. Why would i remain visible for 2 minutes while you got there and not chase the bard down? I dont think you cared tho.

Ethrell (sp?) - elf warrior. I would fight you before you got whip spec. I always used iron against you because i noticd you like to disarm, and wanted to make sure you not gonna pick up my weapons. After that it was a lot tricker, entwine is a bitch as is permafly. Didnt see you around much alone at upper ranks. I hate sneaking chars , chasing is wierd. About Honor..well...i think we talked about that IC, gaunts and honor dont mix.

Thats about it i think, damn long but oh well. If i forgot anyone, im sorry, i talked to A LOT of people.

SIDE NOTE: Im never making another arial thief, not ever. Having to give away 5 pairs of spike toed boots or so, drove me nuts. An arial thief completely sucks at hero unless hes a villager. Crappy hp, and crazy vulns. Invokers will one round you, you miss one cheap shot on a voker and youre toast. Permalfy i cant really care for, since flight potions are easy to come by. I wonder if arials would get a bonus to kicking from some sort of taloned boots...more balance eh?!

BTW, on cheap shot...i still think it was tweaked so it doesnt hit as often as it used to. Im quite sure actually. NO FAIR!

See you in the fields (after finals)

Xaannix

Alert | IP Printer Friendly copy | Reply | Reply with quote | Top

Reply Nice work., Eluna, 07-May-03 03:38 PM, #26
Reply Sorry heh, Xaannix, 07-May-03 05:30 PM, #27
Reply Nice run, you were an inspiration to many in the Guild,..., Gilleonoir (Guest), 06-May-03 07:09 PM, #24
Reply Man..., Raccidos (Guest), 06-May-03 10:42 AM, #22
Reply LOL, Xaannix, 06-May-03 04:10 PM, #23
Reply RE: (DEL) Malinran, Selenquey (Guest), 05-May-03 11:40 PM, #19
Reply Well what can i say,, Xaannix, 06-May-03 09:30 AM, #21
     Reply RE: Well what can i say,, Selenquey (Guest), 06-May-03 10:54 PM, #25
Reply RE: (DEL) Malinran, Moligant (Guest), 05-May-03 11:16 AM, #18
Reply I liked, Xaannix, 06-May-03 08:46 AM, #20
Reply RE: (DEL) Malinran, Sabiene, 04-May-03 11:54 PM, #14
Reply I was eeeevillll..hehe, Xaannix, 05-May-03 01:25 AM, #16
Reply RE: (DEL) Malinran, Vashka, 04-May-03 10:30 PM, #13
Reply I know sorry i wasnt visible.., Xaannix, 05-May-03 01:15 AM, #15
Reply RE: (DEL) Malinran, Fahnrore, 03-May-03 06:36 PM, #9
Reply Nothing like a professional thief, Good job and Good lu..., Oblain (Guest), 04-May-03 01:07 AM, #10
Reply Im flattered :P nt, Xaannix, 05-May-03 01:36 AM, #17
Reply Heh, you were right, Xaannix, 04-May-03 04:18 AM, #11
Reply RE: (DEL) Malinran, Gastaad (Guest), 03-May-03 04:18 AM, #6
Reply RE: (DEL) Malinran, _Sayangu (Guest), 03-May-03 02:32 AM, #4
Reply RE: (DEL) Malinran, Zepachu, 03-May-03 12:58 AM, #3
Reply bastard, Trinthos (Guest), 02-May-03 10:25 PM, #2
Reply You can take this as a compliment, Liu (Guest), 02-May-03 09:57 PM, #1
     Reply The whole goodie, Xaannix, 03-May-03 04:03 AM, #5
          Reply RE: The whole goodie, Goody (Guest), 03-May-03 05:22 AM, #7
          Reply This post make you sound narrow minded., Another Goodie (Guest), 03-May-03 05:26 PM, #8
               Reply When you play a thief or assassin as much as i did, Xaannix, 04-May-03 04:31 AM, #12

ElunaWed 07-May-03 03:38 PM
Member since 28th Apr 2003
28 posts
Click to send email to this author Click to send private message to this author Click to view this author's profile Click to add this author to your buddy list
#17479, "Nice work."
In response to Reply #0

Everytime I was called out to fight somebody or was chasing somebody you'd pop out of the shadows with those damn knife's in the side. You never did get me even though I managed to take down the people you were with. Great thief though, I liked not knowing when you'd pop out.

XaannixWed 07-May-03 05:30 PM
499 posts
Click to send email to this author Click to send private message to this author Click to view this author's profile Click to add this author to your buddy list Click to send message via AOL IM
#17483, "Sorry heh"
In response to Reply #26

there wasnt much i could do to you except knife and circle. You were prepped almost every time you fought, because i was doing massacres on knifing instead of demolishes and doing mangles on circle stabs, instead of oblits.

As far as fighting you one on one, it woulda been tough, if i landed a nasty backstab you would just flee, and without lagging you, knife is not that usefull because you can do all those nasty specs of yours. Once i got really close to killing you on eastern just after you fought brock, but no lag and totally sucking parting block when perfected = no kill.

You're one cookie though!

BTW. Parting block works like 1 out of 10 times. I think i only managed to prevent like 1 or 2 people from fleeing, while having it perfected. *shrug* not gonna pick it next time, not worth the points.

Gilleonoir (Guest)Tue 06-May-03 07:09 PM

#17408, "Nice run, you were an inspiration to many in the Guild,..."
In response to Reply #0

for various reasons. We didn't Talk alot, but I enjoyed our Chats, when you had the time.

Gilleonoir Stonehands

Raccidos (Guest)Tue 06-May-03 10:42 AM

#17402, "Man..."
In response to Reply #0

Another one bites the dust. You were the brightest star burning too brightly in our guild I guess. In RL I'm a legally blind ex-machinist who had both his thumbs removed in an unfortunate buzzsaw incident, but after less than 30 minutes of interaction with you I was and continue to be one of the best players ever to play this game. If only you could have spread your teachings further before deletion!!

Later man!

XaannixTue 06-May-03 04:10 PM
499 posts
#17403, "LOL"
In response to Reply #22

No need to get cruel and unusual, dying like a bitch was punishment enough for me

Selenquey (Guest)Mon 05-May-03 11:40 PM

#17392, "RE: (DEL) Malinran"
In response to Reply #0

Man you were around for a long time. I don't notice thieves that much but you I watched out for. BTW thanks for killing me. It game me some drive to let the grove know about my opinions on half-drow, and hopefully change some peoples opinions on it. I meam come on, not all half-drow are even guys! Ohh well. I hope you don't make another thief cause the idea scares me. Luck to you and we'll see ya in the fields!

XaannixTue 06-May-03 09:05 AM
499 posts
#17398, "Well what can i say,"
In response to Reply #19
Edited on Tue 06-May-03 09:30 AM

Malinran was evil. He would whack an elf simply for being an elf. I didnt care that you were of the grove or not. Sorry to say tho, i whacked you for the principle. I tried tripping you on eastern a few times but 'windwalk' didnt see it my way. Didnt want to jack you, because since i could not gag, half your cabal would show up and loot/wake you, or fog or annoy me. I had to wait for a more opportune moment when you did not have time to call for help, and it presented itself.

As far as returning the boots, I wasnt about to give them back to a lighwalker, regardless of what i said. Some evil (neutral) bloodthirsty thieves could always use a pair. I gave away your stuff within 10 minutes, and i kept the boots for a thief who was worthy of them. When the time came, i would have made up any old excuse not to give them back...yeha i know, was a treacherous bastard.

Be a bit more ruthless when it comes to enemies of the grove eh? (especially ones killing you) More like a wild Maran would be nice when it comes to defilers or those who closely associate themselves with defilers. But i guess thats the way for some sylvans. You make a good GOODIE . A ranger is a thief nightmare in the woods, thats why i tried to stay out of em. No more mushy mushy, making peace with everyone, especially with an evil city dweller for a pair of boots Eclinsan was enough of a peacemaker for everyone.

Selenquey (Guest)Tue 06-May-03 10:54 PM

#17411, "RE: Well what can i say,"
In response to Reply #21

I didn't know if you were evil or not, but I was just being sick and tired of there being 999999999 enemies to the grove just because some newbie thinks he can go kill everybody with beast call. No offense to sylvan, it's my favorite cabal because it's the only one left with good roleplay and a realistic purpose. But lately I've seen a lot of noobish(I don't like name calling so keep the flames to yourselves people) people that do nothing but start fights and can't rp the reason for ####. So then the entire mud is after you. Yay. And thanx to a certain druid who will not be named, short name begins with a Z , the number of enemies is growing even more rapidly.

But as for the boots I figured when you said you'd return them later the first time that they were gone or I wasn't gettin them back. I can't say I didn't care because it took me forever to get them by hunting. Then I died and they got sac'd by an idiot scion who thought they were steel-toed and went with Eclinsan to kill the bodyguard for them. Yay! But no big deal, it's gear and it's all good. As for "mushy mushy" making peace, you were an exception because of that past deal and you being half-bred. Selenquey hates war and will do all to stop it. But as for defilers, Selenquey is more bloodthirsty than most. I'm doing best to play a goodie war hater/angry defiler slaying sylvan as well as rp to show reason behind my actions. It's tough. Rangers are my fav class, but they are gettin jew'd for skills really. I don't care what Intronan says, they need a little something. Not everyone has the patience/preps I _usually_ have(not calling myself L337, just compitent). It really becomes more of an art to use rangers these days. ACK! I'm ranting...

Moligant (Guest)Mon 05-May-03 11:16 AM

#17381, "RE: (DEL) Malinran"
In response to Reply #0

Sheesh, I take a break after dying, come back refreshed and not one but two of the top thieves of the guild have gone and deleted.

At any rate, Malinran, I thought you were a real good PKer, a tad overly bloodthirsty for my tastes, but thats a good thing for what I wished for you to be in the family. Damn it, I really needed someone to take over the mercenary side of things.

As for the whole policy thing and Kingpin rp and all, I agree that top dog is what a kingpin is, but I also see it as you mentioned a 'mafia family' type of thing (except in the middle ages, go figure)and well just think, if John Gotti decided for whatever reason that his boys couldnt do something, and he told them not to, would John Gotti even have to ask? I just realize that I cant really enforce anything except by blackballing, whereas in RL John Gotti would just have anyone who disobeyed him shot.

And that is whatv I see as a problem with things like being a Kingpin and their RP, you are pretty much forced to depend on people going along with you (because you cant have them shot!)so I do agree that the position mostly runs on the respect the guild has for the top dog.

Also, I appreciate that you kept all the secrets I told you. I hope you enjoyed your brief time as a Gapverdi, wiish I could have done more to make being a Gapverdi substantial for you, but you didnt want anything, and half the the time was giving me stuff.

I hate long goodbyes.

Moligant Gapverdi

XaannixTue 06-May-03 08:46 AM
499 posts
#17397, "I liked"
In response to Reply #18

our interactions a lot. It took quite a bit of convincing for you to withdraw that Inn policy.

When i told you that Malinran has his own demons to battle and doesnt want to worry about other people's issues/interests, i basically meant he wants to do whatever he wants and wants to be free. I tried to do what i could to help you with your brothel 'business' but Malinran wasnt really into that stuff, he was too much 'whacking' oriented.

Having played a Kingpin (Ajoul), i know how things work and the conflicts you face. With Ajoul I tried really hard not to place restrictions on thieves as to what they could and could not do. Its not the "thief" way of doing things. You cannot tell thieves where and when to steal/cheat or kill. When you do things that make sense only RP wise but practically they are not going to make any thief happy, its time to undo those things. When you said that not stealing at the inn is profitable for the guild, yeah i can see where you coming from an RP stand point, but as far as reality is concerned...thats not true. IMHO, kingpins should not try to enforce their personal issues and alliances in the guild. That works only until you have made enough people unhappy, after that, expect to be taken down. For a Kingpin, his loyalty should be to the guild and guild alone, and not do anything that hurts the guild for any person or cabal outside of it. Thieves are a band of thungs and rogues, not The Battle Cabal or Scion. The orders of the kingpin are not supreme, only Glinar's are. I remember blackballing one person for something that was not in the code and that was, auctioning gear that i had dropped off in the guild.

When you gave me the example about you being a shopkeeper and a thief, i agreed. However, leave your personal issues and affairs out of the guild. Even Roman Emperors got assassinated for making too many of their close subjects unhappy. As far as mobsters go, they had no second thoughts whackin their own bosses should they cross the line.

All in all, youre doing a good job, keep it up.

SabieneSun 04-May-03 11:54 PM
50 posts
Click to add this author to your buddy list
#17372, "RE: (DEL) Malinran"
In response to Reply #0

>Sabiene/Alarin: Villager thieves, respected and liked you
>both.

I liked you too. I never once guessed that you were evil though, I was 100 percent convinced you were neutral. Looking at your post though I can see this is because I never experienced the full range of your interactions. Come to think of it though, the Fortress was after you a lot... I just thought it was because you stole from them.
You were enough of an ally to the village that I wanted to go out of my way to help you, and I hope that I did that on a few occasions at least (I can't remember offhand now if I did or not).

Anyways, good character, I'm sorry to see you go but I hope you have fun on your future endeavors in the fields

- Sabs

XaannixMon 05-May-03 01:25 AM
499 posts
#17374, "I was eeeevillll..hehe"
In response to Reply #14

Very evil actually, to a lot of people i was cruel and unforgiving.
I was wearing an etched pendant..heh, only eeeevvvvilll can wear that, and that lovely precious mace of mine.

I liked Sabiene, even though she was a lightwalker. Felt really bad every time i saw you as a ghost, i think i gave you a few things once or twice, but the evil in malinran wouldnt let him be kinder than minimal courtesy. You and Alarin both stood up for me when Gastaad kicked me out of the guild. Yilish, Yanacek, Sebastiano, Bhagavan, Moligant, they also took side with you on the issue. Your support was appreciated.

Yeah the fortres was after me for a bit more than just stealing....

Congrats on immorting too!!

Xan

VashkaSun 04-May-03 10:30 PM
Member since 12th Mar 2003
64 posts
#17367, "RE: (DEL) Malinran"
In response to Reply #0

We had some good fights. I respected you ic but never got the chance to really go at you seeing as you were always hidden. Ah well. Was always wary when you were about, don't think we ever fought one on one you always jumped in when someone else was fighting me or some such. Good luck with your next one.

Vashka

XaannixMon 05-May-03 01:15 AM
499 posts
#17373, "I know sorry i wasnt visible.."
In response to Reply #13

its a lot tougher to fight as a new thief, even as an almost full combat one, which i was. There was no way to lag you, and i dont like fighting poeple who can do sick things to me while i cant do anything back. One on one was kind of pointless since you could just rot me or wither me, and lotsa other things, without me being able to lag you. If you didnt have permafly you can bet you woulda seen a lot more of me I watched you a lot, hoping for the right opporunity but it never came, my only hope was to catch you at a weak point. To knife and circle stab you before you could word or flee. Hopefully to do enough damage quickly and you having a command already typed in other than flee or word. Didnt work, good job.

FahnroreSat 03-May-03 06:36 PM
Member since 10th Apr 2003
94 posts
#17318, "RE: (DEL) Malinran"
In response to Reply #0

I never actually fought you...with this character at least. But I was always cautious when travelling out in open roads. I had to remind myself to get certain preps encase you tried to do something. Seemed to be a well-played character from what I saw.

"Smokey my friend, you are entering a world of pain."

Oblain (Guest)Sun 04-May-03 01:07 AM

#17342, "Nothing like a professional thief, Good job and Good lu..."
In response to Reply #9

nt

XaannixMon 05-May-03 01:36 AM
499 posts
#17376, "Im flattered :P nt"
In response to Reply #10

nt

XaannixSun 04-May-03 04:18 AM
499 posts
#17345, "Heh, you were right"
In response to Reply #9

i tried to jack you a couple of times and you were enlarged, so i had to resort to robbing you as fast as i could before you got to the water or forests. As far as me doing anything, axes are always a really good deterrent. After a while you started carrying nearly nothing in your inventory, except potions. You're a good maran and too tough for me to fight directly , keep it up.

Gastaad (Guest)Sat 03-May-03 04:18 AM

#17300, "RE: (DEL) Malinran"
In response to Reply #0

>Gastaad: Never left your guild when i was around, after you
>blackballed me.

First off I never left the guild anyways. I would say 90% of my time was spent at the Inn or in the guild talking to people. I can assure you it was not because I was scared of you. I had no fear of dying to pk nor was I protecting a sweet set of gear.

Secondly, I think I saw you a total of 2 hours real time after I blackballed you. And that was about 200 hours before the death of my char and then after I am gone you start playing A LOT and mosey your way back into the guild. Coincidence? Probably

You were a good pker but... nothing more nothing less.

_Sayangu (Guest)Sat 03-May-03 02:32 AM

#17295, "RE: (DEL) Malinran"
In response to Reply #0

That time you stole the Head after the raid and gave it to me was priceless. Thanks for the lockpicks.

ZepachuSat 03-May-03 12:58 AM
223 posts
Click to send email to this author Click to send private message to this author Click to add this author to your buddy list Click to send message via AOL IM
#17291, "RE: (DEL) Malinran"
In response to Reply #0

I got a few pairs of those boots, and you forget to mention me?!

Malinran was always someone I went to when I needed an item, same with Moligant. Good job.

Zekasiq

Trinthos (Guest)Fri 02-May-03 10:25 PM

#17288, "bastard"
In response to Reply #0

very well played man, liked Mal alot ooc, despised him with a passion IC. good luck on your next and maybe next time we'll be on the same side for once eh?

-Quid

Liu (Guest)Fri 02-May-03 09:57 PM

#17287, "You can take this as a compliment"
In response to Reply #0

>Marans--
>
>Liu: A nice assassin, careful and calculated, i liked that.
>What didnt like was you always running from me and hiding in
>the woods, trying to stalk me. Nearly perfected assassinate
>with with Anxor, before Malinran, so you were not going to
>assassinate me. Sorry about ganking you, but i got sick and
>tired of you hiding. One thing i really didnt like, was that
>it took a lot of convincing and arguments to get you to fight
>me 1v1. As a maran you should be the one chasing me down, i
>keep remembering Jubair.
>

But that "one on one" that you are talking about turned me off of good aligns for a long time. And this is coming from someone who has played virtually nothing but good aligns.

I didn't come right away because Drugadath was roaming around, and I was concerned you would just jack me and try to permalag gang me with him again (I didn't have a reduce source >4 hours) - which was exactly what you did.

It's funny you mentioned Jubair -- I only came BECAUSE I thought back to Jubair, and it WAS pissing me off that I was sitting in shadows stalking people all the freaking time while Jubair would have charged out and kicked your ass.. so I came to mix it up, and after that "1v1" turned out the way it did, I just sat there saying, "You know what, I am never playing a Lightwalker again." (all this is tongue in cheek except for "last Lightwalker" part )

I will readily admit I was wary of you (and all thieves) unless I had a flight affect longer than 4 hours and you didn't have a bashing companion, in which case I could make a fight of it. I'm just too old to play an assassin.

Hmm. Before I ramble, I will just say that I hated Malinran, and liked Malinran at the same time, and you're probably one of four or five characters I had a good time roaming around with. I'm in finals, too, but maybe I'll see you around CF again.

XaannixSat 03-May-03 04:03 AM
499 posts
#17299, "The whole goodie"
In response to Reply #1

thing got me all pissed about self righteous assses who see themselves as 'lightwalkers.' I have yet to meet a real 'GOOD' character who's a goodie. One who would leave his group and say "screw the damn *insert gear* im about to get and ill go save this lowbie's life." Esmi comes damn close and i respect her for that (but she was dawnie). Most of the rest can be just as cruel, bloodthirsty and merciless as the evils, if not worse. (yeah i know maran isnt about holding hands and kissing etc...but still)
Jubair Pk'd me so damn much when i was a total newbie it wasnt even funny. He was damn cool though.

When you fought me that time at the inn, i backstabbed you and saw you were prepped up the whazzo. I used no preps whatsoever, was gonna fight you without. In that instant i made the decission to jack you and call in Drugadath so he can get his charges. (the whole evil must triumph thing). I really did want to duel you fair and square, just that those hours of cat and mouse took their toll on me and said screw it, just die. Only times you remained visible (to me) on eastern was when there were 3 other marans/goodies there as well.
All the times you would hide in town at that 'spot' and i couldnt fireball you out because of countless tribunals, made me mad

Still never going to play a lightwalker, never played one never will. If i do, it would be one who goes insane and murders the entire fortress in their sleep.

Goody (Guest)Sat 03-May-03 05:22 AM

#17301, "RE: The whole goodie"
In response to Reply #5

Ummm You are being really judgemental and over simplifying with the whole "all goodies are self-righteous and just as evil as the bad guys" stuff here.

My current character is one who will try to help anyone and she even does it when she has just been killed and running around naked. So there are some of us lightwalkers that don't just go hunting gear. I also know of a healer that all he seems to do is rescue and heal people...I hardly ever get to talk to him cuz he is always gating to help someone. Just keep in mind that acolytes and maran are different. Not all lightwalkers are acolytes, but not all of them are maran either.

And there are plenty of independent goodies who follow their own code of ethics. Just because someone is "good" doesn't mean they are going to stop and help everyone who yells "help I'm being attacked by so and so" If they did they'd be running around Galadon in a frenzy trying to help every single person there and getting stalked by all the thieves, a-p's, assassins, and various other Evils while they are playing Florence Nightingale. That would be just a tad suicidal I think.

Good alignment generally means a character is compassionate and motivated to do good deeds for the pure joy of doing a kindness for someone rather than for personal gain or ulterior motive. Just as in real life, every good character has flaws and failings, even those who come closest to being the idealistic goody-two-shoes. It's actually kind of a challenge to play a goody in that respect, because human nature is to be selfish and uncaring. Just something for you to think about.

Ok I will get off by soap box and go to bed now.

Another Goodie (Guest)Sat 03-May-03 05:26 PM

#17313, "This post make you sound narrow minded."
In response to Reply #5

>thing got me all pissed about self righteous assses who see
>themselves as 'lightwalkers.' I have yet to meet a real 'GOOD'
>character who's a goodie. One who would leave his group and
>say "screw the damn *insert gear* im about to get and ill go
>save this lowbie's life." Esmi comes damn close and i respect
>her for that (but she was dawnie). Most of the rest can be
>just as cruel, bloodthirsty and merciless as the evils, if not
>worse. (yeah i know maran isnt about holding hands and kissing
>etc...but still)

You said you never played a lightwalker. How can you possibly know what goodies are doing outside of pk situations? Have you witnessed firsthand goodies denying other lowbie goodies help? Didn't think so, because it doesn't really happen. Furthermore, I have played many goodies AND many evils and I tend to think that goodies rp good better than "evil" rp's evil. Next time you decide to make grandiose blanket statements don't do it from the outside looking in.

>Still never going to play a lightwalker, never played one
>never will. If i do, it would be one who goes insane and
>murders the entire fortress in their sleep.

Again you just reinforce your ignorance.

XaannixSun 04-May-03 04:31 AM
499 posts
#17346, "When you play a thief or assassin as much as i did"
In response to Reply #8

you get to see a lot of stuff. Who does what and when, who practices where, who conjures what and where, what 2 goodies (people) are talking about when they think they are alone. I remember quaffing a translucence potion and going into a lot of locked places to watch/rob/kill poeple when they thought they were safe.

The thing is, anyone can stay IC and act goodie when nothing is happening to them and everything is fine and dandy. BUT, can they do the same when things turn sour or when they can act mean and evil, greedy and total a-holes, when they think nobody is watching?

A lot of em as just as greedy as my evil thief.

Top General Discussions The Battlefield Topic #17286 Previous topic | Next topic