Subject: "(CON) Jolaerg Shortbeard the Weaponsmaster" Previous topic | Next topic
Printer-friendly copy Email this topic to a friend CF Website
Top General Discussions The Battlefield Topic #17261
Show all folders

DeavrThu 01-May-03 07:48 PM
Member since 04th Mar 2003
32 posts
Click to send email to this author Click to send private message to this author Click to view this author's profile Click to add this author to your buddy list Click to send message via AOL IM
#17261, "(CON) Jolaerg Shortbeard the Weaponsmaster"

Well, I ran out of Con.

I had a great time with Jolaerg, pre-hero range I could kill/not die to just about anyone solo, or at least I like to think so. Come hero range I lost my edge somehow and died to just about everyone.

I always refused to log off just because I was the only ‘evil’ on, Jolaerg suffered because of this but I was never wanting for a bit of excitement. With almost at least a conjuror, healer or airform shifter trying to find me I sure started to run out of hiding places. This made if very hard for me towards the end to build a decent set, hang on to gold and keep a bag full of preps… but that’s enough whining.

Jolaerg was a sphere greed beer loving mercenary and for no particular reason I applied to scion and surprised myself by getting accepted.

So I had a lot of fun with my first Scion and only second cabal member and second hero.

A recent discussion was on the topic of being truly evil being difficult because dead men tell and revenge will be extracted on anyone not uber tuff who pisses too many other evils off. So I took the approach with Jolaerg that I would betray anyone I could but only if I was fairly sure I would get away with it. This resulted in political treachery, party member looting, attacks of opportunity and blatant lying to all but a select few.

All the blatant lying was very entertaining and kept me glued to the screen. Even when I didn’t get away with it

I had barely any immteraction, probably thanks to a poorly maintained role and long spaces solo with little RP, but thanks to Azuranda for the little quest, I really enjoyed the opportunity.

Scion:
Jhaelryna – Thank you for being so patient with me, I did my best to keep you amused, and even tried to be usefull from time to time. I think the fastest I ever managed to do something you asked was grabbing a whip before meeting you after I lost an axe you gave me. It was you that actually drove Jolaerg to covet beer, mostly because that seemed to be what you expected. I once was fighting the Destructor, left to heal in Tar-Valon, ran to Mortorn to get a barrel of beer, and then ran back to finish the destructor, the whole time there was your voice, ‘is it dead yet?’, ‘is it dead yet?’.

Zharaluzar - At hero range we made a great team healer and warrior, unless I panicked that is, remember that time we got the item from the Maran, Sylvan, Battle and Warlock one after the other. Pity we couldn’t hold them.

Ghuljun – Well done mate, kudos to you for going so far with your … ‘self imposed handicap’.

Other scion, Yes we travelled and won some, and lost some but I can’t think of anyone I really bonded with.

Others:
Xandrya – I’ve already apologised OOC for my assassination, IC Jolaerg had to do it and I did not realise till after that where a newbie. I’m sure your ability to RP will get you far.

Gastaad – One of the few Jolaerg never lied to, thanks for all the trades and the conspiracies, and for keeping up your end of the bargain.

Wiglaf & Karun – Well played, I wish I could have gone 1v1 with you two more, but … well I sucked too much.

There were others I RP’d with, say Hi, and I’ll respond.

Deavr
Jolaerg, a discraced orc, Sarendylson (Assaulter of Asgaard) and Deavr.

Alert | IP Printer Friendly copy | Reply | Reply with quote | Top

Reply RE: (CON) Jolaerg Shortbeard the Weaponsmaster, Fahnrore, 03-May-03 06:34 PM, #18
Reply RE: (CON) Jolaerg Shortbeard the Weaponsmaster, Vallaon (Guest), 03-May-03 08:16 AM, #16
Reply They were enjoyable drawn out fights., Deavr, 03-May-03 05:55 PM, #17
Reply Well played, you deceiving little punk, Xaandrya (Guest), 02-May-03 03:45 PM, #14
Reply lol, good on ya! :) (nt), Deavr, 02-May-03 04:15 PM, #15
Reply We went way back, Gastaad (Guest), 02-May-03 03:49 AM, #13
Reply RE: (CON) Jolaerg Shortbeard the Weaponsmaster, Zargu, 02-May-03 03:25 AM, #12
Reply RE: (CON) Jolaerg Shortbeard the Weaponsmaster, Vashka, 01-May-03 10:53 PM, #9
Reply I searched, 'Vashka is gushing blood.' good as it got., Deavr, 02-May-03 12:22 AM, #11
     Reply RE: I searched, 'Vashka is gushing blood.' good as it g..., Vashka, 08-May-03 01:24 AM, #19
Reply RE: (CON) Jolaerg Shortbeard the Weaponsmaster, Glarnak (Guest), 01-May-03 10:53 PM, #8
Reply lol ! Heh, good luck with that chief. Eats dem all! (n..., Deavr, 01-May-03 11:12 PM, #10
Reply RE: (CON) Jolaerg Shortbeard the Weaponsmaster, Krath (Guest), 01-May-03 10:12 PM, #7
Reply Nice job, Briessa (Guest), 01-May-03 08:48 PM, #3
Reply It was tough, but fun tough, was one way to get attenti..., Deavr, 01-May-03 09:56 PM, #6
Reply RE: (CON) Jolaerg Shortbeard the Weaponsmaster, Jhaelryna, 01-May-03 08:21 PM, #2
Reply RE: I look forward to reading it., Deavr, 01-May-03 09:44 PM, #5
Reply RE: (CON) Jolaerg Shortbeard the Weaponsmaster, Beroxxus, 01-May-03 08:15 PM, #1
     Reply RE: I think you are not on my time card here., Deavr, 01-May-03 09:42 PM, #4

FahnroreSat 03-May-03 06:34 PM
Member since 10th Apr 2003
94 posts
Click to send email to this author Click to send private message to this author Click to view this author's profile Click to add this author to your buddy list Click to send message via AOL IM
#17317, "RE: (CON) Jolaerg Shortbeard the Weaponsmaster"
In response to Reply #0

Damn little duergar. I liked you. I always had a sneaky suspicion about you. Well played and well done. Come to the light!

"Smokey my friend, you are entering a world of pain."

Vallaon (Guest)Sat 03-May-03 08:16 AM

#17302, "RE: (CON) Jolaerg Shortbeard the Weaponsmaster"
In response to Reply #0

You, my friend, had quite the set of stones to stick around and play when you did. For that, I give you big time respect. It is one of the great disappointments in my life that I never managed to get you, though I blame my archons abandoning me in the face of your axes moreso than the lack of skill on my part.

Thanks for the full loots - it always burned me at the time, but then I would realize I just got rid of a lot of useless junk that was only weighing me down. And the good gear I could always get back anyway.

DeavrSat 03-May-03 05:55 PM
32 posts
#17314, "They were enjoyable drawn out fights."
In response to Reply #16

Sorry about the full loots, I'm normally against that sort of thing but Jolaerg really had to keep each enemy at bay for as long as possible.

Xaandrya (Guest)Fri 02-May-03 03:45 PM

#17282, "Well played, you deceiving little punk"
In response to Reply #0

Jolaerg was one of Xandrya's early ranking buddies so she was a little too trusting of him as it turned out. Oh and I would never hold it against you OOC for that assassination. It was definitely your role to do it.

Oh and just FYI what goes around comes around. What my current character did that got you slain was just as much within her role as the assissination was within yours. I hope there's no hard feelings...but thems the breaks.

DeavrFri 02-May-03 04:15 PM
32 posts
#17284, "lol, good on ya! :) (nt)"
In response to Reply #14

nt

Gastaad (Guest)Fri 02-May-03 03:49 AM

#17279, "We went way back"
In response to Reply #0

The first time I met you I think we were both in the low 20's and I think I noticed you on a night when you were killing like a rabid dog. I thought to myself "hmmm better ally with him. Axe spec duergar is not a good enemy for a thief". So I struck up a business partnership with you and never looked back. You posted one of our more memorable moments but I think there was one particular memory that stands out. It was a long long time ago and some storm giant warrior who later became a sylvan, was out in the frigid wastelands. I stole all of his food and water and caught up to him near The Lane out of movement and dying of thirst and hunger. I called you up and you put the beat down on him. THAT was the my favorite Jolaerg/Gastaad moment.

Anyways I liked the char and you seemed to never back down from a fight.

Good luck bro

And as always, much props for con death.

ZarguFri 02-May-03 03:25 AM
Member since 06th Mar 2003
208 posts
Click to send email to this author Click to send private message to this author Click to view this author's profile Click to add this author to your buddy list Click to send message via ICQ
#17278, "RE: (CON) Jolaerg Shortbeard the Weaponsmaster"
In response to Reply #0

Yes, we surely had some good times... Allways liked when you was on, surpriesed that you ran out of con, but hey, we all are at some point eh?

As a team, there was little we couldnt kill/hunt/hack/and disembowel...

Well done, and do please come back on team evil..

/Zharaluzar

VashkaThu 01-May-03 10:53 PM
Member since 12th Mar 2003
64 posts
#17273, "RE: (CON) Jolaerg Shortbeard the Weaponsmaster"
In response to Reply #0

Bah, not even a mention for me? *grin* Our fights were memorable but usually one sided. They were fun and you were fun to interact with. I don't think you ever got me but you always tried. Good luck with your next char.

Vashka

DeavrFri 02-May-03 12:22 AM
32 posts
#17276, "I searched, 'Vashka is gushing blood.' good as it got."
In response to Reply #9

I certainly enjoyed our interactions, and I certainly got good at running to hide when you(+/- buddies) summoned me out of the Chasm so often.

Best fight I think I had against you was that day in the Arkham abby when you finally opened the door and fled, leaving Erenthell to die, while I pincered and the young ones kept the door closed. I just read the log, it's very amusing.

VashkaThu 08-May-03 01:24 AM
Member since 12th Mar 2003
64 posts
#17496, "RE: I searched, 'Vashka is gushing blood.' good as it g..."
In response to Reply #11

Yeah I was out of mana, couldn't even recall myself let alone Erenthell. I still feel bad about that.

Glarnak (Guest)Thu 01-May-03 10:53 PM

#17272, "RE: (CON) Jolaerg Shortbeard the Weaponsmaster"
In response to Reply #0

Glarnak tink daht wehs mehs up wit daht lass one. Dehms hurtums lots! Mehs tought yous tuhk life wehns yous no follows glarnak nohs mores ans mehs no kins seehs Jolaerg. Dehns yous sayums, "Mehs ghost!" Mehs knowums hows yous fehls wit beins only tainted ones about...dehms afers Glarnak lots! Mehs gihts tires of hidin. Soons mehs brings dehms horde toohs dehm! Eats dehms face!

DeavrThu 01-May-03 11:12 PM
32 posts
#17275, "lol ! Heh, good luck with that chief. Eats dem all! (n..."
In response to Reply #8

nt

Krath (Guest)Thu 01-May-03 10:12 PM

#17270, "RE: (CON) Jolaerg Shortbeard the Weaponsmaster"
In response to Reply #0

Well, as I said on Dio's, it was fun the few times we did run into each other. I remember one time raiding the abyss, and having a nexus bard show up to sleep and dome me, only to be woken up by a pincer from you. Quick chase through the desert, where I hide at tabershaws and you catch back up to me there. Another quick skirmish, and I run to the village, where I heal up, and you and the nexus bard show up knocking on my door. The bard tells me that he wants to fight me alone, and you proceed to try to kill me at the destructor. Only thing was I do not think you were expecting to get a charge set when you tried to pincer me, and the third quick fight sent you packing fast. I then got lucky and killed the nexus bard, and his remark was that he had wished that he had kept you around to fight me. I found that amusing, because I do not believe myself as very deathful. Anyway, it was fun the few times we did fight, I learned a few things each time. See you round in the fields.

Krathrael

Briessa (Guest)Thu 01-May-03 08:48 PM

#17265, "Nice job"
In response to Reply #0

As I stated on Dio's...Ill just repeat once again.

Job well done. You showed balls. No other evil would hang around during the times when you did. You remained about even when the 'death squads' were out hunting. Hell, even Ghuljun, who kicks ass, would only remain logged in for a few minutes when the fortress hunting parties were out in full effect.

I would be grouped with a few other marans gathering gear and sitting on our asses. Our range of foes would be something lame like 15 lightwalkers and one Empire-light hiding somewhere, when you would log in....Not much you can do to hide from an air major and a pair of conjurers for too long. ( Its the damn morning play times when it always seems to be way off-balanced.)

Anyhow, you always came to fight and Im sure if we were on the same side we would have meshed well together.

Good job, evil bastard.
*grin*

Lightmage

DeavrThu 01-May-03 09:56 PM
32 posts
#17269, "It was tough, but fun tough, was one way to get attenti..."
In response to Reply #3

Sorry I agreed with whoever called you a 'multi killing whore' I didn't really mean it.

You always left my gear and RP'd fairly.

Though I just wish I could have made it to the Underdark from Eryn Galen through Arotulan down through Velkyl Oloth (sp?). Now there's a log I should post...

I still have half a mind to complain to the Imms about the lack of lag reality that there should be to fly to, fly up, fly to so many times to the bottom level of somewhere like Velkyl Oloth. But I've never had a shifter so I don't really know it from the other end.

Thanks again for leaving the gear, something Jolaerg rarely did to others.

I hope your playing something a little more challenging now.

Deavr

JhaelrynaThu 01-May-03 08:21 PM
Member since 06th Mar 2003
4 posts
Click to send email to this author Click to send private message to this author Click to view this author's profile Click to add this author to your buddy list
#17264, "RE: (CON) Jolaerg Shortbeard the Weaponsmaster"
In response to Reply #0

Well done, I do hope you as a player didn't suffer any psychological pain during that little "excursion" in the Underdark. *grin*

I'll save a more detailed goodbye for when I bite the dust.

See ya.

DeavrThu 01-May-03 09:44 PM
32 posts
#17268, "RE: I look forward to reading it."
In response to Reply #2

Not that I want you to bite the dust soon. heh.

And in the underdark, I laughed and laughed.

BeroxxusThu 01-May-03 08:15 PM
Member since 25th Apr 2003
182 posts
Click to send email to this author Click to send private message to this author Click to view this author's profile Click to add this author to your buddy list
#17263, "RE: (CON) Jolaerg Shortbeard the Weaponsmaster"
In response to Reply #0

>>I had barely any immteraction, probably thanks to a poorly maintained role and long spaces solo with little RP, but thanks to Azuranda for the little quest, I really enjoyed the opportunity.<<

You would have probably gotten a bit more had you and I ran into each other more often. I think you are not on my time card here. But you did fine. Well, continue the RP and I am sure you will develop to be a better one and find more enjoying immeractions. Good luck on your next.

Beroxxus

DeavrThu 01-May-03 09:42 PM
32 posts
#17267, "RE: I think you are not on my time card here."
In response to Reply #1

Thanks for the feedback.

yeah, I was playing outside my normal time when it happened, and I had to then keep logging in at crazy times trying to catch you again.

I wish I had had more Con and sought you out for more, but instead I got a bit reckless so I could roll up a real devotee. I bet your a bit swamped but I'll try to shine through .

Besides you still owe me a question answered!

Top General Discussions The Battlefield Topic #17261 Previous topic | Next topic