Subject: "(DEL) Briessa the Grandmaster of Shapeshifting" Previous topic | Next topic
Printer-friendly copy Email this topic to a friend CF Website
Top General Discussions The Battlefield Topic #17159
Show all folders

Briessa (Guest)Sun 27-Apr-03 08:28 AM

#17159, "(DEL) Briessa the Grandmaster of Shapeshifting"

Well, I definatly need something different. I created this charactor to kill a few weeks but found it was getting more of a pain to play. Wanted to work on my roleplay a bit, and once again turned to numbers Pking. I should never have taken airfocus. Things were getting pretty dull with my range of foes, and unless I was ordered to defend agaisnt unbeatable odds, didnt have much of a challenge killing whoever I wanted dead. Ghuljun, Zharaluzar, Brock, were a few skilled and tough foes that posed challenge when alone. (Though I did scout Ghuljun once for a party who got him.) Nice thing about shifters though is when you die, just quickly gear for hp and you are back to full strength in record time. The maran cabal is pretty cool from the inside, and the players are pretty honorable and all that. I dont take direction well from people who dont know what they are doing in a fight, but I tried to play polite and friendly at all times, despite my frustration on this side of the screen. Shokai and Vynmylak work hard to keep the cabal running smoothly.

Had alot of good friends along the way. Tierna, Thaya, Fahnrore, Erenthell, Karun, Jhard, Vashka, Jhanderin, Vallaon, Elrys, Lruthlor, Gwyythinniel, Starkad, Blachmianan. Heck, I know I missed a few of you....

My foes/prey were all equally committed. Alvoroiz, Mufasaw, Morillion, Kamilla, Jolaerg, Kralin, Uhlath, Asin, Zekasiq, Jolaerg, Apla, Thornarcrull, Raelion, Beemef, Ninabei, Mephitaneous, Sakard, Sardrahk, Glarnak. Nothing personal, im sure youd all do the same in my shoes.

And yes, I am a multi-killing whore. (snickers with Sardahk) Sheesh. I am also motivated for change due to the new religion of Beroxxus. Best thing I have ever read on CF.

No more shifters for me for a bit.

Alert | IP Printer Friendly copy | Reply | Reply with quote | Top

Reply RE: (DEL) Briessa the Grandmaster of Shapeshifting, Vashka, 29-Apr-03 02:23 AM, #26
Reply RE: (DEL) Briessa the Grandmaster of Shapeshifting, Glarnak (Guest), 28-Apr-03 10:06 PM, #24
Reply Sorry bud., Briessa (Guest), 28-Apr-03 10:30 PM, #25
Reply On no!, Sylvrin (Guest), 28-Apr-03 02:49 PM, #19
Reply Bah!, Lruthlor (Guest), 28-Apr-03 11:41 AM, #17
Reply Well done., Blachmianan (Guest), 28-Apr-03 08:22 AM, #16
Reply booh, Nycoe (Guest), 27-Apr-03 10:42 PM, #14
Reply Damn, Briessa (Guest), 27-Apr-03 10:46 PM, #15
Reply You smoked my assassin., Shadowmaster, 27-Apr-03 08:26 PM, #12
Reply having fought air shifters (and Briessa as a non-air sh..., Daurwyn (Guest), 28-Apr-03 12:58 PM, #18
     Reply I cant recall..., Briessa (Guest), 28-Apr-03 05:17 PM, #20
     Reply Bah, I just re-read your post. (Briessa as a non-shift..., Briessa (Guest), 28-Apr-03 05:19 PM, #21
     Reply What makes you think I didn't try these exact tactics y..., Shadowmaster, 28-Apr-03 06:32 PM, #23
          Reply ou made it sound like you died all the time, that's why, me (Guest), 29-Apr-03 03:49 AM, #27
Reply I wish I could have seen you from the other side, maybe..., Beemef (Guest), 27-Apr-03 07:20 PM, #11
Reply Well..., Briessa (Guest), 27-Apr-03 08:35 PM, #13
     Reply RE: Well..., Beemef (Guest), 28-Apr-03 06:31 PM, #22
Reply Damn, Eluna (Guest), 27-Apr-03 06:13 PM, #9
Reply Yeh, hehe..sorry for that. Karun got mad at me too., Briessa (Guest), 27-Apr-03 06:16 PM, #10
Reply RE: (DEL) Briessa the Grandmaster of Shapeshifting, Thaya (Guest), 27-Apr-03 04:36 PM, #8
Reply Oh no, Jhanderin (Guest), 27-Apr-03 03:56 PM, #7
Reply Bah I say BAH!!!!!, Charlenne (Guest), 27-Apr-03 01:40 PM, #6
Reply RE: (DEL) Briessa the Grandmaster of Shapeshifting, Fahnrore, 27-Apr-03 12:21 PM, #4
Reply I liked your charactor., Briessa (Guest), 27-Apr-03 12:28 PM, #5
Reply Wow, Zepachu, 27-Apr-03 11:54 AM, #3
Reply I must admit I am surprised., Sakard (Guest), 27-Apr-03 10:26 AM, #1
     Reply Yeh, I didnt realize you were having mind problems eith..., Briessa (Guest), 27-Apr-03 10:33 AM, #2

VashkaTue 29-Apr-03 02:23 AM
Member since 12th Mar 2003
64 posts
Click to send email to this author Click to send private message to this author Click to view this author's profile Click to add this author to your buddy list Click to send message via AOL IM
#17204, "RE: (DEL) Briessa the Grandmaster of Shapeshifting"
In response to Reply #0

Damn, sad to see you go. Your scouting was awesome and crucial. Man how many times did we hunt down people with you finding them and me and you and possibly others swooping in for the kill. It was fun and I am sad to see you go.

Vashka

Glarnak (Guest)Mon 28-Apr-03 10:06 PM

#17202, "RE: (DEL) Briessa the Grandmaster of Shapeshifting"
In response to Reply #0

Yous beh gones fer guhds...yous pains birdie. Glarnak tehls yous meh no githts taint...mehs washum in dehms hole...meh no smehls likdum taint. Mehs glads daht dehms bird brains beh deaders. Yous gihts glarnak ones times guhd...mehs wahs wishn tooh gihts birdie buhts mehs no gihts too. Anudder times.

Briessa (Guest)Mon 28-Apr-03 10:30 PM

#17203, "Sorry bud."
In response to Reply #24

Well role-played orc. I had to get you though...*wink*
I passed you by a few times because I personally liked your charactor, even though I should have killed you more. Best way for an orc to kill an air-form. Spinebreak, call in allies, and slaughter the bastard in a large group. Also, spinebreak, heal from skins, savagefeed, and repeat. Without prepping though can be tough.

Sylvrin (Guest)Mon 28-Apr-03 02:49 PM

#17192, "On no!"
In response to Reply #0

I don't know if you even remember me, I didn't get do much with you. But I did have fun the one time I hooked up with you and Karun to hunt Ghuljun Thul. You were off scouting most of the time while I healed and put up bard songs for Karun. I was really looking forward to getting to know you a bit better. I had heard a lot of good things about you. The Fortress will feel your loss I'm sure.

See you in the Fields.

Lruthlor (Guest)Mon 28-Apr-03 11:41 AM

#17189, "Bah!"
In response to Reply #0

Farewell my nuzzling little falcon! You will be missed.
I hade lots of fun interacting with you and you were invaluable to the fortress in terms of scout and hit and run fighter. There were many evils who would have slipped away it you hadn't been on them like white on rice.

Good luck with the next.

Blachmianan (Guest)Mon 28-Apr-03 08:22 AM

#17185, "Well done."
In response to Reply #0

A real solid ally. Was always very nice having someone like you finding our common foes. You will be missed. Thats why after Cardiel deleted you got some of the preps I "stumbled" upon.

Nycoe (Guest)Sun 27-Apr-03 10:42 PM

#17181, "booh"
In response to Reply #0

I dont get a mention? Good luck with whatever you do next.

Briessa (Guest)Sun 27-Apr-03 10:46 PM

#17182, "Damn"
In response to Reply #14

Well, sorry. We only traveled a few times but I would have liked to have hunted with you a bit. That time we caught some duergar in hamsah was neat. I hadnt seen cut-off work like that before. I think it was a duergar. I have bad memory anyhow.

ShadowmasterSun 27-Apr-03 08:26 PM
Member since 18th Mar 2003
329 posts
Click to send private message to this author Click to add this author to your buddy list
#17178, "You smoked my assassin."
In response to Reply #0

Was nothing I could do with you and that owl on me that I didn't try, really. At least you are honest about shifters and at least you didn't full loot me though I imagine you were trying. Any class that completely takes the "hunting" of other characters out wouldn't be for me either. Good luck with the next, Ill be watching for it and thanks for not being the "silent killer" type.

Daurwyn (Guest)Mon 28-Apr-03 12:58 PM

#17190, "having fought air shifters (and Briessa as a non-air sh..."
In response to Reply #12

1. mark one of the attacking shifters, then

2. Dust, flee (attempt to quaf teleport), dust, flee (attempt to quaf teleport).

The fleeing forces then to keep using flyto and means that if they shifter to non-air forms it will be harder for them to catch you after.

If teleportation works goto 4, otherwise

3. Repeat until both blind, then quaf teleportation potion or recall potion.

4. Get underground (or even underwater) fast, either by walking to a nearby underground area or by repeatedly teleporting.

To take a more risky strategy, wait until they revert to cancel the blindness and see if you can get lucky with a murder followed by a lagging attack.

Briessa attacked me on a number of occasions when she had ranks on me, and while I didn't play an assassin, I effectively used the flee blind tactic if losing and it worked each time. When I had ranks on her she fled and I didn't need to.

Caveat: I only fought her when she was a scorpion and me not an assassin, but I've fought plenty of air shifters as an assassin too and the advice above works.

Incidentally, once you have marked her, you can then use that to determine her favorite resting points, and set up ambushes there.

Briessa (Guest)Mon 28-Apr-03 05:17 PM

#17197, "I cant recall..."
In response to Reply #18

Ever fleeing from an assassin. Both with this shifter and my last one played. I found all assassins to be easy pickings. The blind and flee thing works, but if I wanted an assasin dead, id put on some voker shields. My last shifter went after Lokrin once or twice, but I dont think I ever saw him again or made it my goal to kill him. Assassins are air-form meat.

Briessa (Guest)Mon 28-Apr-03 05:19 PM

#17198, "Bah, I just re-read your post. (Briessa as a non-shift..."
In response to Reply #20

n/t

ShadowmasterMon 28-Apr-03 06:32 PM
Member since 18th Mar 2003
329 posts
Click to send private message to this author Click to add this author to your buddy list
#17200, "What makes you think I didn't try these exact tactics y..."
In response to Reply #18

me (Guest)Tue 29-Apr-03 03:49 AM

#17207, "ou made it sound like you died all the time, that's why"
In response to Reply #23

1. You said you never got away, and for me that tactic was 100% effective. (I do use an alias "zz" to let me quaf the teleportation potion quickly though.)

2. Briessa didn't say you'd tried it (although that was after I posted).

3. It worked for me on Briessa herself, admittedly before she had her air form. She used to revert and cancel the blindness. I had time to walk out of the area, let alone teleport. If she was flying I'd have been teleporting clear. There is only a limited number of times an air form can get back into the air from the ground before needing to rest.

Beemef (Guest)Sun 27-Apr-03 07:20 PM

#17176, "I wish I could have seen you from the other side, maybe..."
In response to Reply #0

I was pretty unimpressed with what I saw as an enemy though. Multi-killing and obvious naked, obvious fairly newbie right as he unghosts with an airform is one of the cheepest things I have ever seen. Walking around with invoker shields and sanc as an airform and laying waste to warriors is fun (I've done it) but you really need to know your limits as a player, and when it is obvious to other people you are just gunning for a high PK ratio, that is the sign of a poor character. From the looks of what other people said, you apparently had some good qualities, but attempting to give your character an excuse to be that much of an ass looks poorly not only on the character, but the player of said character.

Briessa (Guest)Sun 27-Apr-03 08:35 PM

#17179, "Well..."
In response to Reply #11

PK ratios dont mean much to me. I figure an airmajor should easily be able to have a 95% + ratio, if you factor in a half dozen deaths along the way....As far as killing someone who unghosts. What is the deal with that? If the person is not naked...I dont full loot, then what exuse do they have if I see them 20 minutes later? As far as fun goes, I was not having fun killing the same people over and over again. I was playing role destruction, and I was a maran. Killing a pair of evil warriors with a goal of destroying them was what I was sworn to do. I just shouldnt have played another air major after doing so with my last. You fought well anyhow....if that means anything.

Beemef (Guest)Mon 28-Apr-03 06:31 PM

#17199, "RE: Well..."
In response to Reply #13

And if it makes you feel any better, I was not upset at all by your actions towards me, it was how you killed Mephitaneous that made me mad.

Eluna (Guest)Sun 27-Apr-03 06:13 PM

#17173, "Damn"
In response to Reply #0

I liked having you about, great interacting with you. Also you stole a couple of my kills managing to get the last hit as you flew out of no where to take them down. *fistshake*

Yadda Yadda good luck with the next one.

Briessa (Guest)Sun 27-Apr-03 06:16 PM

#17174, "Yeh, hehe..sorry for that. Karun got mad at me too."
In response to Reply #9

Its hard to tell from above, and if I saw a foe Id usually strike. At least to see their health if anything else. A got about a half-dozen one hit kills doing that.

Thaya (Guest)Sun 27-Apr-03 04:36 PM

#17172, "RE: (DEL) Briessa the Grandmaster of Shapeshifting"
In response to Reply #0

*pouts* well done, when i travelled with evilly's one of the first things said was watch out i seen briessa in the realms. Heh you struck fear into the hearts of many so for that well done. Sorry to see ya delete so soon though. You will be missed, see ya in the fields

Jhanderin (Guest)Sun 27-Apr-03 03:56 PM

#17169, "Oh no"
In response to Reply #0

Damn Briessa you were one of the more important people in the Fortress as far as tactics went. It was so nice having you around for scouting and you saved my ass more than a few times. Well have fun with your next and I hope you accomplish what you want to do as far as rp goes, even if it is an evil cold hearted bastard!

Charlenne (Guest)Sun 27-Apr-03 01:40 PM

#17168, "Bah I say BAH!!!!!"
In response to Reply #0

was fun the few times we were grouped. GIRL POWER!

FahnroreSun 27-Apr-03 12:21 PM
Member since 10th Apr 2003
94 posts
Click to send email to this author Click to send private message to this author Click to view this author's profile Click to add this author to your buddy list Click to send message via AOL IM
#17166, "RE: (DEL) Briessa the Grandmaster of Shapeshifting"
In response to Reply #0

Bah! I figured you were going. Jeez, it is so useful having a airform around for scouting. You have no idea. So much easier to hunt. Thanks for the help. Well done.

"Smokey my friend, you are entering a world of pain."

Briessa (Guest)Sun 27-Apr-03 12:28 PM

#17167, "I liked your charactor."
In response to Reply #4

I had sworn after my last air shifter not to play one again. I should have held back. I'll be back with something less Pk-oriented and with better role developement. I had fun though when we traveled and stuff.

ZepachuSun 27-Apr-03 11:54 AM
Member since 04th Mar 2003
223 posts
Click to send email to this author Click to send private message to this author Click to add this author to your buddy list Click to send message via AOL IM
#17165, "Wow"
In response to Reply #0

Wow, I didn't expect to see you Delete for a long while. Briessa never really struck fear into Zek, she was really just one of those 'watch out where you go, she can swoop down any time' people. hehe. Good luck with your next character.

Sakard (Guest)Sun 27-Apr-03 10:26 AM

#17160, "I must admit I am surprised."
In response to Reply #0

You here? Anyway...We did have some good talk though in the end it was more killing than talking. (Our last fight well it was more killing ) Good luck with your next...one bird less yay!

Briessa (Guest)Sun 27-Apr-03 10:33 AM

#17161, "Yeh, I didnt realize you were having mind problems eith..."
In response to Reply #1

I just thought you were mana drained. hehe

Top General Discussions The Battlefield Topic #17159 Previous topic | Next topic